March 28, 2024, 06:28:43 AM

Author Topic: The International Friendlies Thread  (Read 121599 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 International Friendlies.
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
Allyuh does real gobble up soundbites jed....real skilful?

That US left back from last night is a standard left back in the modern game...He wasn't special.  He just did his job.

He might be very good, but last night's game to me he was just normal - Klinnsman rate up de man, Darke and Twellman exploit the soundbite and now allyuh just gobbling it up lol ... Wha he do that was so special? what real skill did he show? Do you know that he is older than Marcelo? (Brazil's left back)... Who was the more special left back last night?   

Shake he maker and made ah great pass to assist the lone US goal.

He shake he what?? He money maker? lol  ;D

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »

That US left back from last night is a standard left back in the modern game...He wasn't special.  He just did his job.

He might be very good, but last night's game to me he was just normal - Klinnsman rate up de man, Darke and Twellman exploit the soundbite and now allyuh just gobbling it up lol ... Wha he do that was so special? what real skill did he show? Do you know that he is older than Marcelo? (Brazil's left back)... Who was the more special left back last night?   

On the goal, the Bradley pass was sweet- Fabian cross was normal....

but yeah boy ah forget...that shake in the 2nd half was wicked lololol...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:43 AM »

He shake he what?? He money maker? lol  ;D

I guess that's another interpretation of it.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
My team got a good ass whooping.. This coach gotta go though. No team in the world can run wid brazil. USA suppose to play a defensive game and look for the counter attack... bad coaching .... was a decent game ... also this could have should have .....please , 4-1 is the final socre ....

war

I have to disagree with you, this Coach has to stay heck we kept Bradley for how long again? The match last night the US had chances to punish brasil and they snuffed the majority of them. A shot that  Donovan normally makes he snuffed in front of goal no less. Yes i understand the tactic of counter attack but template that Klinsman is trying build is the one simmilar to the German team that wowed everyone in 2006 in Germany. This brasilian back line had lapses and were caught open but the US back line got caught ball watching or not picking up the trailing man on top. You can only do so much as a coach but i think the American workhorse ethic already enbeded in this team and Klinsman philosophy will continue to yield more results. We still have 2 more years  till the USA goes to Brazil for 2014 and by then i anticipate a much stronger team than what you saw last night. I have to say though I really like Bradley's game and passing. He has improved alot.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2012, 01:04:43 PM »
My team got a good ass whooping.. This coach gotta go though. No team in the world can run wid brazil. USA suppose to play a defensive game and look for the counter attack... bad coaching .... was a decent game ... also this could have should have .....please , 4-1 is the final socre ....

war

I have to disagree with you, this Coach has to stay heck we kept Bradley for how long again? The match last night the US had chances to punish brasil and they snuffed the majority of them. A shot that  Donovan normally makes he snuffed in front of goal no less. Yes i understand the tactic of counter attack but template that Klinsman is trying build is the one simmilar to the German team that wowed everyone in 2006 in Germany. This brasilian back line had lapses and were caught open but the US back line got caught ball watching or not picking up the trailing man on top. You can only do so much as a coach but i think the American workhorse ethic already enbeded in this team and Klinsman philosophy will continue to yield more results. We still have 2 more years  till the USA goes to Brazil for 2014 and by then i anticipate a much stronger team than what you saw last night. I have to say though I really like Bradley's game and passing. He has improved alot.

Remember that Brazil side is largely an U-23 squad.  Only Marcelo (24), Hulk (25) and Thiago Silva (27) are over 23 years old, and quite a few are still in their teens... US effectively lost to a Brazil youth team. 

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
I now tune in to see Yann M'Vila in action.
I see the man on the sidelines crying. 5 minutes in. Hard luck dey fella, that look serious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:14:41 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »
Taffarel was very good... kicking technique was exquisite.  Toward the end of his career he had one or two instances where he would get caught in no-man's land but to say he was error prone is harsh for me.  In both WC '90 and '94 he was very solid....Also at the time he broke into the Serie A I believe he was one of the first, if not the first int'l goalkeeper to play in the Serie A....remember dem days had lots of restrictions on int'l players... He is also renowned to be a ridiculous pk stopper at the youth levels - def a Brazilian keeper of legendary status domestically. 

Two things you reminded me here: I clean forget the man was Brazil's No.1 in Italy '90 and yes, he was solid in that tournament and I also forgot that he was (probably) the first international GK to play in Italy, which further lends itself to my point that he was no mere shithong.   I was just coming to remind dinho of his heroics, too, in '98 when he practically put the dutch to sleep in the semifinal PK shoot out so one can say that he really did more than his part to get them to the final.  I think dinho, yuh would make for a rel tough GK coach because even Barthez, to me, wasn't as bad as his critics made him out to be.  I do believe he did get a free ride when he was awarded the best GK in France '98, an award that shoulda been pre-delivered to Chilavert that year but as eccentric and crazy as Barthez was, (probably affecting his decision-making at times) he was an exceptional shot-stopper with agility and reflexes to burn.  Come to think of it.....I doh even think Barthez shoulda even be France's No.1 in that WC anyway.....Bernard Lama, I find was the better of the two.....but I digress...     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »

war

Remember that Brazil side is largely an U-23 squad.  Only Marcelo (24), Hulk (25) and Thiago Silva (27) are over 23 years old, and quite a few are still in their teens... US effectively lost to a Brazil youth team. 

dey get  :flamethrower: :whip: by a team of Brazilian "yutes"........as Joe Pesci would put it.  ;D

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
Malouda just score a wicked bullet, France 2 Serbia 0

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2012, 03:25:57 PM »
Taffarel was very good... kicking technique was exquisite.  Toward the end of his career he had one or two instances where he would get caught in no-man's land but to say he was error prone is harsh for me.  In both WC '90 and '94 he was very solid....Also at the time he broke into the Serie A I believe he was one of the first, if not the first int'l goalkeeper to play in the Serie A....remember dem days had lots of restrictions on int'l players... He is also renowned to be a ridiculous pk stopper at the youth levels - def a Brazilian keeper of legendary status domestically. 

Two things you reminded me here: I clean forget the man was Brazil's No.1 in Italy '90 and yes, he was solid in that tournament and I also forgot that he was (probably) the first international GK to play in Italy, which further lends itself to my point that he was no mere shithong.   I was just coming to remind dinho of his heroics, too, in '98 when he practically put the dutch to sleep in the semifinal PK shoot out so one can say that he really did more than his part to get them to the final.  I think dinho, yuh would make for a rel tough GK coach because even Barthez, to me, wasn't as bad as his critics made him out to be.  I do believe he did get a free ride when he was awarded the best GK in France '98, an award that shoulda been pre-delivered to Chilavert that year but as eccentric and crazy as Barthez was, (probably affecting his decision-making at times) he was an exceptional shot-stopper with agility and reflexes to burn.  Come to think of it.....I doh even think Barthez shoulda even be France's No.1 in that WC anyway.....Bernard Lama, I find was the better of the two.....but I digress...     

Barthez distribution was ridiculous

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »

war

Shhhhhhhh.......Yuh wah Twellman and Darke buff yuh or wah...
Brazil eh self bring Ramires, Ganso, Robinho or yuh pardnah Dani Alves etc.  ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »

Barthez distribution was ridiculous

I don't recall his overall distribution being ridiculous, as you say, but he was one of them GK's that wasn't always comfortable having the ball played to him at his feet and I think he may have even had one or two well-known gaffes at manu as a result.  But you have to remember "distribution" covers more than just that.   

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
Barthez the flapper. Nothing beats Massimo Taibi though

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7p2gkFInOgM&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7p2gkFInOgM&amp;</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 01, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »
We still have 2 more years  till the USA goes to Brazil for 2014 and by then i anticipate a much stronger team than what you saw last night. I have to say though I really like Bradley's game and passing. He has improved alot.

Yuh eh see Klinsman like Holly Betaudier he scruntin for talent????? Where is he going to find stronger players? Why do you think he is going to Germany to look for players. Bradley has improved going forward good reader of the game ..his defensive skills are still shyte though still clueless when defending

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
Guatemala 1 vs Costa Rica 0

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2012, 12:11:01 PM »
England 1- 0 Belgium

Welbeck 34

Not too exciting, but fairly ok England performance.

Winning lots of games 1-0 ain't pretty, but Portugal won the euros with 8 goals in 7 matches. That will do nicely!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »
De Oranje raping Northern Ireland right now.....ah bored stiff..... :yawning:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »

wait 'til de tournament start Friday and dey hadda pay fuh dey "crimes"....is LIX in orange ass!!   :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 02, 2012, 12:57:05 PM »

wait 'til de tournament start Friday and dey hadda pay fuh dey "crimes"....is LIX in orange ass!!   :devil:

steups!!.......let all ah dem bring it!!!

:bringiton: :bringiton: :challenge: :duel: :duel: :whip: :whip: :whip: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:

GO ORANJE!!!   ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 03, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
I am watching Mexico vs. Brazil on Univision. A beautiful goal by Gil Dos Santos (Dos Santos looked like he was crossing the ball and it floated over the keeper's head and went in off his far post) resulted in Mexico going 1-0 up.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
penal chicharito 2-0

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 03, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »
I now tune in to see Yann M'Vila in action.
I see the man on the sidelines crying. 5 minutes in. Hard luck dey fella, that look serious.
Rumor has it, that Arsenal is trying to get this player.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 03, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »
I am watching Mexico vs. Brazil on Univision. A beautiful goal by Gil Dos Santos (Dos Santos looked like he was crossing the ball and it floated over the keeper's head and went in off his far post) resulted in Mexico going 1-0 up.
That was a nice goal. I always liked Dos Santos, never understood why Harry kept him on the bench. He might be heading to Liverpool. Brendan* was interested in him coming to Swansea.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
That was a nice goal. I always liked Dos Santos, never understood why Harry kept him on the bench. He might be heading to Liverpool. Brendan* was interested in him coming to Swansea.

Since I am watching it on Univsion, the commentator did not waste too many words describing the goal. One word was enough "GOLAZZZO!"

Spanish commentary brings the game alive, compared to the English.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 03, 2012, 02:12:15 PM »

Yeah dat was ah good goal. He does be playing real good with Mexico, but for some reason, he cyah replicate dat form on a club level.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 03, 2012, 02:13:02 PM »
Anyone watch Barcelona vs China?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 03, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »

Lol, good one  ;D

Seriously though, what channel is it on?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 03, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »
The Mexican defenders have done an excellent job of neutralizing the Brazilian forwards. Brazil is losing the midfield battle as well.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »

Lol, good one  ;D

ESPNDeportes
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 03, 2012, 02:39:44 PM »

Lol, good one  ;D

Showing on espn3 and Spain doing everything but scoring. But to be honest a better side would punish them on the counterattack. China had a chance on a quick counter but Casillas save the day with his feet. The look on the Chinese player face was priceless; he couldn't believe he miss.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:44:14 PM by grimm01 »

1]; } ?>