April 27, 2024, 12:01:46 PM

Author Topic: Big Dog is a liability  (Read 8328 times)

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I like Dog, but yuh see that stinking long ball he does play....
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »
yeah me he does play that long ball too much man.  we is are a better passing side. more touches and passing on the ground.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 01:53:19 PM »
"Dog" is the least of our problems, he has serve us well over the years, and will do so during the WC.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dog is a liability Right about now
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 02:32:18 PM »
..it have to stop. in fact I doh feel too safe with him in de back recently. I haven't seen him for Rangers, but hopefully he more composed on de ball. Hopefully he ketch heself before World Cup or he could get bench. They say Keyeno Thomas playing good for Jabloteh. ;D

Boss yuh really feel Beenie go replace Dog with an untested Keyeno Thomas.  What drugs you on?

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 02:43:35 PM »
Leave "dog" alone, we NEED him even with his faults, we don't have an adequate replacement for him, his size and experience will not be taken lightly be our oppenents.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 02:45:42 PM »
yeah me he does play that long ball too much man.  we is are a better passing side. more touches and passing on the ground.

you have to know you abilities as a player.  If Dog is not comfortable with the short passing game coming out of the back, let him play it long.  Better he does that than he makes crucial errors (like we saw with teh back pass to Tallman in the US game, and the mistrap/bad pass in the first Mexico game in Trinidad).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 02:55:37 PM by Tallman »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 03:25:37 PM »
Dog's problem is that he can't mark pace. His passing isn't very good either. Apart from that he's a very good defender. Or at least we don't have another player better than him in that position.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 03:30:08 PM »
Dog's problem is that he can't mark pace.

well Jah Gol, if that is the truth he couldn't make his living in the Scottish League.  That is pure pace when it comes to strikers.

My issue with Dog is that he tends to ballwatch and lose his mark at key times e.g. Eddie Johnson in the Trinidad/US game on Ash Wednesday.  Apart from that he is pretty solid, and is definitely more of a help than a hindrance.  His tackling is strong, he is a physically gifted individual, and that alone tends to cause fear in opposing strikers.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »
I maintain that he is a slow player

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 04:49:24 PM »
I maintain that he is a slow player

i agree with that too..let we see if he will show better tactical awarenes against Wales..Hartson has his number for the last couple years in the Old Firm derby..them friendlies is a good test for our backline..coming up against them big forwards like Carew and Koller..and also them set pieces.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 12:53:26 AM »
Anybody remember who de goalie was when we did get de 5 from Guatemala?

Anybody remember how de first goal score in dat game?  Dat first goal and de manner in which it was scored set de tone for de rest of de game right there.

If was Jack, everybody here woulda be crucifyin he.

One game does not maketh a career especially for a goalie.  Lemme see...dis goalie was knocking on England door at one time.  How many games has he played at a big time level?  A whole lot more than IMPS yuh fav and Jack in de Box.  Together, those two have not played more than a handful of games vs a big time League Squad of any pedigree.  Yuh go say dey better than Shaka.  You feel Shaka would not have seen dat Bahraini fella lurking before he punt de ball or say de light block he view on dat first half play in de same game?  He have too much big experience fuh dat.  Imps and Jack only dream of facing men like Owen, Rooney, Thierry Henry and dem on a frequent basis. You must be feel all dem scouts in Great Britain must be wrong for not signing up de two of dem but Palos is right...only because Shaka went CIC and Palos went Fatima....interesting logic.  Now yuh doh think Beenie's organizational skills, tactics and ability to maximize his squad's potential have nothing to do with Jack's record?  Shaka did not have a good game but who is to say dat Jack would not have get 5 in he arse dat day with Bertille's inadequacies?  Allyuh men is kicks yes.  It go be real interesting to see wha logic yuh go come up wit dis time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 12:55:16 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2005, 02:40:06 AM »

you have to know you abilities as a player.  If Dog is not comfortable with the short passing game coming out of the back, let him play it long.  Better he does that than he makes crucial errors (like we saw with teh back pass to Tallman in the US game, and the mistrap/bad pass in the first Mexico game in Trinidad).

Dog save a certain goal for Bahrain when the ball went over Jack head though. The ball was DIS close to de net...it takes good technique to head it over the bar on such a tight angle like Dog did.
Glasglow Rangers is one of de top teams in Europe, a top 3 team in Scotland, and Marvin in the starting lineup fuh a reason.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andrews?
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 04:32:09 PM »
Listen I supporting meh boys all the way,but I have to tell yuh after watching dat game with iceland,I'm convinced that andrews could pose ah serious problem in defense in clashes with ah more offensive minded team.

Whether yuh agree with me or not that's my opinion,I'm not diminishing what the man has meant and done for the warriors but he looks so unstable at times I get nervous when he attempts to control the ball from ah cross.

But big up meh warriors we win and that's all that matters,and may we continue to win all our friendlies. 

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Andrews?
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 04:33:30 PM »
he shaky no ass. today was actually one ah he better days tho. hopefully he just keeps gettin better.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 04:34:03 PM »
Andrews actually didnt have me that nervous today..Except for de slip at the end of the first half. I would like to see the backline against a side that gonna come thru more on de ground than in the air tho to see how the fellas handle it
Back in Trini...

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »
Dat back 4 need as much playing time as possible together, i like the fact Beenie give dem d whole 90 cause it realistically have nobody to displace any of them so they just need to keep playing together and try to keep improving and get ready for the WC
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 04:39:12 PM »
Cyd was very impressive, meh boy looking to secure a big contract after the WC,  John played a solid game also.  Them  men in the middle are good players, not great ..and should accept their limitations, and play within them ,if they play error-free football, we should be alright for the most part.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 04:40:36 PM »
Avery John had a SOLID GAME 

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:37 PM »
Yuh no who I use to be real critical with, is samuel but ah tell yuh if he play like he play against iceland we go beat plenty people.He impress meh big time.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 04:46:33 PM »
yeah samuel fuh the left we may have two samuels on the left. .lawrence had a good game .but they were not tsted so i cannot say anything yet
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 05:36:03 PM »
good work but they scarey for real. Lawrence has gotten better in the air. Dog need some holy water and a spliff or he red cards go be the biggest worry.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2006, 05:42:43 PM »
Listen I supporting meh boys all the way,but I have to tell yuh after watching dat game with iceland,I'm convinced that andrews could pose ah serious problem in defense in clashes with ah more offensive minded team.

Whether yuh agree with me or not that's my opinion,I'm not diminishing what the man has meant and done for the warriors but he looks so unstable at times I get nervous when he attempts to control the ball from ah cross.

But big up meh warriors we win and that's all that matters,and may we continue to win all our friendlies.

Dont worry boss Leo go have everything straight juss now   de back line go be hard like big stone!!!!!!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »
I find Andrews had a decent game, we all know his strengths and weaknesses and he played to his limitations. Ah see Dog put he head and a man nearly kick way he head..,.......I dont know if its just me but allyuh aint see when Cyd blade dat man on d line and get no ball. Joe Cole must be sayin " I goin and get real kick mate"........but otherwise everyone had a good game, Stern didnt reall look hungry early in d game...meh bredren make a joke and say stern runnin down man now cuz Jones probably warmin up and lo and behold so said so done.....Warner suspect in dat goal........he look reall shaky on dem clearances.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dog is a liability
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2006, 06:49:29 PM »
As I mentioned on another thread, our  central defenders have limitations, especially Marvin. What I think they have to do is accept this and play within their limits and try to play error free football.

This is something I think the technical staff should address, if they haven't already.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 08:01:22 PM »
dennis and dog had an alright game but they dont inspire confidence. they like too much just-in-time defending - just when yuh tink Iceland going to score for sure they manage to put in a challenge. but d full backs did not help them at all. they kept getting caught out down d flanks, so it was more work for the central pair.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2006, 08:20:15 PM »
I agree that Dog makes serious mistakes from time to time and we need to correct those problems before we play Sweden. I do however, think the idea of replacing him all together needs to be weighed carefully. With whom should we replace him ? Cox, Sancho ? We know Beenie won't take the local route . At this point, I think Dog is the least of all the evils. 

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2006, 08:27:37 PM »
As I mentioned on another thread, our  central defenders have limitations, especially Marvin. What I think they have to do is accept this and play within their limits and try to play error free football.

This is something I think the technical staff should address, if they haven't already.

Yeh i agree with yuh breds but it go be hard for them to play error free football....
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2006, 11:53:01 PM »
We need to watch him very closely

He was slow to slide out wide to cover for the Birchald and Charles mishap for the first US goal.

Then he do the back pass to set up tallman.

Rangers have not been playing him and it is not like Rangers in form so he must be real shitting down the practice.

I feel the knee giving problems or he gul leave him but some thing wrong with the Big Dog.

We need to watch him close for the first 20 mins of the Guatemala Game if necessary bring in Cox and let Dog rest

I think it is a confidence situation. I think it will raise during the build up to the World Cup.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

TrinInfinite

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 01:01:20 AM »
sancho is the answer for tallest or dog

1]; } ?>