March 28, 2024, 05:03:02 AM

Author Topic: Big Dog is a liability  (Read 8248 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Big Dog is a liability
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:00:46 PM »
We need to watch him very closely

He was slow to slide out wide to cover for the Birchald and Charles mishap for the first US goal.

Then he do the back pass to set up tallman.

Rangers have not been playing him and it is not like Rangers in form so he must be real shitting down the practice.

I feel the knee giving problems or he gul leave him but some thing wrong with the Big Dog.

We need to watch him close for the first 20 mins of the Guatemala Game if necessary bring in Cox and let Dog rest
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 06:26:19 PM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dog is a liability Right about now
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Ah know yuh didn't have no TV to watch de game against de USA so yuh eh see how de Dog perform in de 2nd half of dat game.

SO....

How about you watch yuh knee, eat some crix and wash it dong wit some epsom salts?

;D ;D ;D

Jes kiscksin padnah.... :)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 03:40:01 PM »
I agree with you 100% about Dog.  Against the quick Guatemalans his lack of speed can hurt us bad.  He seems to have a habit of making at least one stupid mistake in every game.

If I was the coach dog wouldn't start this game.  Guatemala does not pose a serious aerial threat which is andrews biggest asset on defense.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »
HIS LACK OF SPEED IS NOTED BUT HIS IMPOSING AND UNCOMPROMISING FIGURE ARE BENEFITS THAT WE HAVE TO EXPLOIT ITS HARD TO FIGURE A DEFENSE ESPECIALLY A 3 MAN 1 WITHOUT DOG AS ONE OF THOSE PLAYERS
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 03:51:26 PM »
I for one have spared no words in the past when it comes to my feelings about the dog........and where I feel he is deficient........I don't think he's as capable as we need for the position........but I do believe however that he is the best we have in that part of the field. I have not seen Cox play in a while, so I won't jump on the Cox bandwagon

I think the team believes in Marvin and trusts his leadership at the anchor. I'm scared of what a change like that could do to team confidence overall................plus his position at the back is one that should not really be messed around with in the interest of stability, unless absolutely needed. .........plus I superstitiously try not to say negative things about our boys in the days leading up to a game....(after the game I'll cuss dey as$)........so for now, the Dawg is not a liability(please don't make me eat my words).......... GO WARRIORS !!!, GO DAWG !!!!...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 04:08:57 PM »
Big Dog is prone to fatal mental lapses.

Of de top of my head:
  • vs USA (August 17, 2005) - Without looking, he makes a back pass straight to Donovan which forces Lawrence to commit a professional foul and gets him ejected from de game.
  • vs USA (August 17, 2005) - Allows Brian McBride to sneak between him and Lawrence to score de deciding goal. Of course, Atiba, Lawrence and Birchall have tuh take some pong fuh dat goal as well.
  • vs Panama (July 9, 2005) - Misjudges a long clearance from Panama's defence which bounces over his head and allows Tejada to run behind him an score on Jack.
  • vs USA (February 9, 2005) - Slack/non marking of Eddie Johnson results in de US' opening goal. Dog was butting breeze.
  • vs Mexico (September 8, 2004) - Miskicks de ball 28 seconds into de game allowing Arellano to string up Jack.
  • vs USA (July 19, 2001) - Miskicks de ball 35 yards from goal which allows Earnie Stewart to take it and go one on one wit Ince which results in de US's second goal.

Despite that, his contribution and dedication to de national team has been immense. Hell, he has even scored 10 goals. Also, he is one of de few who has displayed de Warrior spirit throughout his national career.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 04:13:00 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 04:09:55 PM »
Some a dese same men was callin Dennis Lawrence shithong prior to de hex.

Marvin Andrews has his cons but for me, his pro's outweigh the con's by PLENTY.  Some things cannot be measured.  Yuh want heart and soul?  Dog is de first man to be picked on de team bar NONE.  Gimme dat anytime.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »
stern have heart and soul too u go pick he in your forst team too

noted you said have and not play with
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 04:33:57 PM »
Big Dog is prone to fatal mental lapses.

Of de top of my head:
  • vs USA (August 17, 2005) - Without looking, he makes a back pass straight to Donovan which forces Lawrence to commit a professional foul and gets him ejected from de game.
  • vs USA (August 17, 2005) - Allows Brian McBride to sneak between him and Lawrence to score de deciding goal. Of course, Atiba, Lawrence and Birchall have tuh take some pong fuh dat goal as well.
  • vs Panama (July 9, 2005) - Misjudges a long clearance from Panama's defence which bounces over his head and allows Tejada to run behind him an score on Jack.
  • vs USA (February 9, 2005) - Slack/non marking of Eddie Johnson results in de US' opening goal. Dog was butting breeze.
  • vs Mexico (September 8, 2004) - Miskicks de ball 28 seconds into de game allowing Arellano to string up Jack.
  • vs USA (July 19, 2001) - Miskicks de ball 35 yards from goal which allows Earnie Stewart to take it and go one on one wit Ince which results in de US's second goal.

Despite that, his contribution and dedication to de national team has been immense. Hell, he has even scored 10 goals. Also, he is one of de few who has displayed de Warrior spirit throughout his national career.

Boy I wonder if Kelvin Jack has ANY confidence in Dog after all the string up he cause.  den again I not sure if Dog has much confidence in Mr. Oildown either as he constantly has to be looking back to clear de rebounds

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 09:49:05 PM »
allyuh feel shaka pay he dues yet and ride bench enough for beenie to start him?
that whole back line shaky, and on any given day, is some combination of men givin trouble, and others real steppin up to the cause...Trinidad guaranteed to collect one or two it look like, so we better start scoreing more.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 09:10:28 AM »
allyuh feel shaka pay he dues yet and ride bench enough for beenie to start him?
that whole back line shaky, and on any given day, is some combination of men givin trouble, and others real steppin up to the cause...Trinidad guaranteed to collect one or two it look like, so we better start scoreing more.

Nah dred. Jack saving like a boss now.. Jack is a sure starter for next match ! Shaka will ride pine fuh now!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:18 AM »
In my opinion..Shaka is the better goalie, but he not playing so it too risky to put him in. And Jack look good against the US, so he is not a big worry to me.

Although we could criticize some of the Dog's recent performances, and I certainly have, NOW is not the time. Fellas...De SWEAT IS ON and every man on the field and bench for TNT is a frickin' general (for at least the next few days). Anyhow you take it...the Dog is capable of  a boss performance, Dog does not give up and there is no better player in TnT at that position. You cannot put Cox, unless he has been destroying for his club and looking like Nesta in practice...I doh know if that is the case, but from what little I know...the Dog must start. I pray he and Stern hit form, cuz bes' believ Stern starting. I would put money (just a lil' bit) on dat.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 09:32:05 AM »

Nah dred. Jack saving like a boss now.. Jack is a sure starter for next match ! Shaka will ride pine fuh now!

Good luck to Jack if he plays. His shot stopping has been very good. However,can anybody figure out though why he persists in boom kicking every single ball (often over the side line). No effort to help in the possession department by rolling it out, throwing etc. With all those coaches, Nobody is saying anything? C'mon man! I thought we were fighting to keep more possession.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 09:56:54 AM »
Anybody remember who de goalie was when we did get de 5 from Guatemala?

Anybody remember how de first goal score in dat game?  Dat first goal and de manner in which it was scored set de tone for de rest of de game right there.

If was Jack, everybody here woulda be crucifyin he.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 10:09:00 AM »
Good Post PALOS and dont forget Dog is a boss at Corners. Jack will start. as so will Dog and as much as we will cuss- Stern John will start.
Latas to yorke to John- Goal

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 10:36:21 AM »
doh go dey Palos  :D Is 11 men on the field and they have to be professional when tings start rough. de keep was not at fault for all the goals but he must take de blame 4 dat 1st goal. but de mistake was also uncharacteristic and happens to all the best keepers. unfortunately, you are right to say jack woulda get crucified, but he is on an upward path and in the beginning he needed to prove himself. new players get less sympathy for their errors compared to veterans who've done well in the past and (rightly or wrongly) get a few pardons when they mess up because their previous exploits afford them some goodwill. i get the feeling people are starting to value Jack though. If not, then too bad because he starting Saturday...

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 11:58:20 AM »
People we have to remember that defenders (gk included) are under the most pressure on the field.  Given that fact, a mistake by a defender can be critical (eg.  Dog thru ball to Donovan) whereas a forward mistrap or throw way a sitter (eg. SJ), we are more forgiving.

So before we fight down Dog, Jack, Shaka or any defenders understand that these men in the back HAVE to concentrate for the whole 90 minutes b/c one mistake could lose the game, whereas there can be a lack of it in midfield and up front.. 

Them fellas in the back and certainly JACK are trying there best..the rest of the field needs to relieve some of the pressha that the d is under..

Go Warriors.
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 08:45:35 PM »
yeah definitely shaka hatta be allowed a mistake or two.  anybody rememebr the mexico game when we get 3?  with any ordinary keeper in the post we woulda get at least 7...in fact dem was the days when everybody was sayin' trinidad ent have a defence, cuz everybody was pilin' shots on shaka.  I feel shaka had the highest rates of saves per game of any of T'dad keepers...Tallman, how we could go about figuring that out? shots at goal - goals scored?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 04:24:17 PM »
Going into the USA game Andrews may have been a bit out of form (opinion based on reports of his performance in the league games prior to the WCQ).  He made a terrible mistake that led to Tallest getting sent off.  However, everyone makes mistakes, Yorke,Latas, Ronaldinho,Zidane,etc..no player is immune...so calling Dog a liability is going too far.

Despite his poor performance in the first half, he stepped up in the second half and was one of the few players that attacked USA in the second half (even Yorke didnt do that).  Andrews has served us well and we as fans need to be more supportive and offer constructive criticism...not simply hate. 

After the USA game I did not post for several weeks because I was very disappointed by the team's performance.  It was the first game I saw live (in person) for a while..there is a big difference between watching a game in person and on TV.  In addition to my disappointment in the team's performance, I was more pissed off by the comments of several forumites.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and talking absolute shit.  Some forumites resorted to calling players shithongs....I understand their disappointment but at the end of the day, these "shithongs" are the ones on the field..not us...if these same forumites could have done better they would have been on the field instead of de damn forum bumping their gums.
We are all guilty of criticising players but we need to do it constructively...personally I am guilty of hating on Cyd Gray but at the end of the day if he is on field I have no choice but to support him and the other players on the field representing TnT.

Regarding the USA game, I have a few more comments
1) I had serious doubts about Jack but he has proven me dead wrong....it looks like Leo knows something some of us don't know....that is why he is the coach.

2) Spann had a great game

3) Jones and Sealy demonstrated hustle...hopefully Stern will follow suite.

4) The defence played well with the exception of Atiba.  Atiba simply had a bad game...some forumites immediately labeled him a goat.  I understand why Avery (and other defenders) relies on the long ball a lot..none of the midfielders and forwards make any runs off the ball so they have no one to pass the F****g ball to.  The defenders are not comfortable dribbling like Faustin and Brian Williams.  Other than that weakness the defence (including Jack) is the strongest part of our team.

5) Stern....no more comments.

6) Birchall coach is probably right..Birchall looked damn tired very early.

7) Whitley is highly rated back home....it is reported that " He mash up de place in the Pro League",
he may simply be a big fish in a very very small pond.  He could not dribble past one single defender in that game (he played on the left side of midfield in the 2nd half).  A lot of forumites argue back and forth about whether the MLS or the local league is better...I havent seen any pro league games recently so I cant give an opinion.  However, if i have to guess...I would say the local league is a mess.

Sorry about the very long post...I am not trying to break Alberta Trini record.  I just had to get some stuff of my chest so I could support the Soca Warriors 2006% tomorrow.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »
As I said before, I doh agree that Andrews should be dropped and I personally like a positive vibe the days before a big match, cuz that is how I made up. But I have to stand up for freedom of speech and expression on the site...cuz we's get too sensitive sometimes

Stating that Andrews is a liability is an opinion, negative though it may be. It is neither obscene, nor overly disrespectful. Feel free to disagree, but that is the type of discourse that should be going on a football forum. Sure, it would be pleasant to make your points without being indecent and yeah, it would be nice if TnT players was as good as some people seem to think they are. But what exactly do you mean by constructive criticism? Not all posts are designed to facilitate that. Opinion pieces do not have to come with both the negative and the positive. I could say, "So-and-So is a great player beacause a, b and c....and I doh have to point out his weak points too. That is also constructive if done properly. So why if i say, So-and-So play tata cuz a,b,and c.....I also have to come with the positive too?  I could choose to or I could leave that up for discussion.

And yes, calling a national team player a shittong is straying into the realm of ludicrous. But it is also a METAPHOR describing his relative level of play to his peers. How can you use the argument that if we cannot do better doh say nothing negative? Of course we cah do better..in that case when a player do sh**, we should always say he had a real good game, cause we woulda do even more sh** in the same situation.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 08:18:54 AM »
Filho,
I never said don't say anything negative.i said constructive criticism..i.e. identifying weak areas such as passing, off the ball movement, fitness, ball control, etc..

I agree with you about people thinking that these players are better than they really are.  a few weeks ago i said that the strike squad players were better and several people disagreed.

I understand your point about the term shithong being relative..under that assumption then our entire team is a bunch of shithongs if u compare them to Brazil or even Mexico

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 08:25:29 AM »
I also agree that we cyah call dem shittongs, it is a bit over the top. I was trying to make a point that we as fans can make observations even if we cannot do better. One ting I know we definitely agree on...on a day of such a big game, we eh have time for no more a dese debates..Is time to go CRAZY for TNT. SWEAT IS ON and I have real butterflies in my belly. I watching the game in a bar that go have one set a Guatehs...and I know I coming out with my head held high...RESPEK to all TNT massive...WHEREVER YOU MAY BE...We will return to dis forum victorious!!! De journey now start.....

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
I like Dog, but yuh see that stinking long ball he does play....
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »
..it have to stop. in fact I doh feel too safe with him in de back recently. I haven't seen him for Rangers, but hopefully he more composed on de ball. Hopefully he ketch heself before World Cup or he could get bench. They say Keyeno Thomas playing good for Jabloteh. ;D
Ketch footballitis

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I like Dog, but yuh see that stinking long ball he does play....
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 11:58:18 AM »
my heart does always be in my hand whenever the ball gets within 3 feet of dog...on the ground.  in the air he does butt like a ram goat.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 12:07:55 PM »
yeah he good in de ar, which is good for when we come up against England and Sweden. But to play we type of game, Dog have to make good ground passes. And his long balls always missing Stern or whoever he does be aiming to. As I said, I haven't seen him for Rangers. Is he more confident for them?
Ketch footballitis

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 12:24:05 PM »
anybody feel his knee still not 100%

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 12:29:55 PM »
Last game I saw him play, he was Solid... Rangers vs Inter... Although Adriano embarrass him, he had ah solid game..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 01:05:54 PM »
just so u start up on his case dred
I say you would have had to have seen him recently and inspired to post this negativity about him
You just catch a vapse and start up dis thread boy?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »
just so u start up on his case dred
I say you would have had to have seen him recently and inspired to post this negativity about him
You just catch a vapse and start up dis thread boy?

Marcos, hence the reason I trying to find out how he doing for Rangers and as I said, I hope he improves. I like the man, but that long ball bunning meh for a long time now. Just de other day I watching over the 2 Bahrain games and groaning anytime he about to make dat pass.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 01:19:05 PM »
He played a game on Sunday and dribble the ball straight to the next team. Them things does make me cringe. Rangers win anyway. 3-2 ah think.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

1]; } ?>