April 27, 2024, 09:24:06 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI v ISL Game.  (Read 83505 times)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the TRI v ISL Game.
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »
but hold on if the game is 7pm local time and if I am not misteken London is 6 hours behind us then the game should be at 1?? anyone know 100%

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2006, 05:18:52 PM »
but hold on if the game is 7pm local time and if I am not misteken London is 6 hours behind us then the game should be at 1?? anyone know 100%

OK. KO is 8pm local time with some broadcasts starting 7:45pm.

London is GMT
Trinidad is GMT-4 (AST) Atlantic Standard Time so 4:00pm
New York is GMT-5 (EST) Eastern Standard Time so 3:00pm

hopefully that is clear enough.
If it's confusing just wait until Daylight savings time start.

Offline TTVillafan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »
in this day and age men still cah tell time u hadda spoon feed them, them is the men that does have digital watch, they did not learn on ah big and small hand watch

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 07:16:48 PM »
I predict this line up.

Anthony Warner
Cyd Gray, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence, Avery John
Ricky Shakes, Christopher Birchall, Dwight Yorke, Aurtis Whitley
Russell Latapy
Stern John

Carlos Edwards for Shakes
Anthony Noreiga for Lawrence
Kenywne Jones for Latapy
Kevon Neaves for Whitley
Nigel Henry for Birchall
Collin Samuel for Stern John
Silvio Spann for Gray
Clayton Ince for Warner

Hislop is our only active keeper at the moment, so I say give the others a chance to play, besides Warner have to show his worth, so he may start.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
umm dat website  sportal.com      at 8pm in england is live so that is 4pm tnt time   do i just put up d website an the game will be runnin or i have 2 sign up an download an all dat

please help
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:50 PM »
thanks

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 11:10:55 PM »
So no body ent get a ¨S¨what do new kit look like yet? ???.. Tuesday too long to wait..
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2006, 01:20:12 AM »
So no body ent get a ¨S¨what do new kit look like yet? ???.. Tuesday too long to wait..

I was downtown T.O. today and every single Adidas WC kit on display except T&T....ah guess they save the best for last  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:29 AM »
i thought it had men who use to watch  epl on dis board england at this moment is 4 hours ahead of us so if it start 8 pm in england then its 4 pm here

but i dont know if 2 follow d game live on radio or dont listen anything and watch d delayed broadcast.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 05:20:05 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker/Lawrence/Hoyte on BBC One Saturday
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2006, 08:00:56 AM »
Football Focus
Saturday's show 
Saturday, BBC One, 1210-1300 GMT

Manish Bhasin will be joined in the studio by Mark Lawrenson, Graeme Le Saux and Lee Sharpe as Football Focus looks forward to another big weekend of football.

You can expect all the usual features, analysis and more from football's number one preview programme.

Here's a taster of what is coming up:

We'll be looking forward to Sunday's Carling Cup final as Wigan take on Manchester United in Cardiff.

Sunderland defender Justin Hoyte on the Black Cats' seemingly impossible battle against relegation and Saturday's game at fellow strugglers Birmingham.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes will be speaking to us live from Ewood Park ahead of Saturday's visit of Arsenal.

England face Uruguay at Anfield on Wednesday in the final game before Sven-Goran Eriksson announces his World Cup squad - we'll be looking at some of the names most likely to make a late claim for a seat on the flight to Germany.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker will be in the Focus studio to chat about the Caribbean island's World Cup adventure.

And we'll be hearing from Trinidad and Tobago and Wrexham defender Dennis Lawrence, who scored the goal that fired the tiny island to their first ever World Cup.

Tottenham last week announced plans to stamp out homophobic verbal abuse at White Hart Lane - we'll be looking at what the FA is doing to tackle football's last taboo.

Plus a chance to catch up on all the week's FA Cup goals and big news stories in our Seven Days round-up. 

Saw it...Beenie never turn up. He was delayed in customs. Hmmmmm Dutchman and customs  ::) need I say more. Justin Hoyte's interview is on the BBC website, but in a nutshell he said He would not play for T&T, one, cause he still felt he had a future with England and two, he did'nt think it would be right to steal the place of a T&T player who had played in the qualifiers. What he didn't say was HE AINT ELLIGIBLE ANYWAY!!!!.

Man ah so tired with this....not Samuel, Zamora or Hoyte will play fuh T&T in the World Cup plain and simple (even more so in Hoyte's case) especially now that Jack posistion in FIFA has taken a battering. Also it is Hoyte's Grandparents (as far as I know) that are Trini's not his parents(Father has a passport but wasn't born there). So, unless T&T government change the immigration law.....he had no chance to play anyway. Ah find this scrambling fuh players by T&T is a real shambles yes   :frustrated:

oh, and Mark Bright (ex-crystal palace and Sheff Wed striker) interview Dennis Lawrence about qualifying. tallest say he personnallly would have prefer to play Brazil. Man have ah nice watch too, dey does pay good wage at wrexham ah guess.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 08:14:52 AM by Rodney »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 10:46:46 AM »
Fellahs, I tried to take some photos of the TV to give the non-UK-based crew a view, but I got so excited when Tallman came on I forget to turn off the flash. Anyways, sorry is a lil dark:

Justin Hoyte

Dennis Tallman Lawrence

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 11:29:27 AM »
Well now I see that they show some game start times dey in them pictures boy so now we could figure out we Big lime time fuh openning game boy.  Yeah and nice watch tallman have dey boy(he lookin like puffy :rotfl:)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 01:34:21 PM »
Cold comfort
(Telegraph)

Iceland is a bit like Belgium when it comes to naming anyone famous from there. All right, there's Bjork, and of course Chelsea's Eidur Gudjohnsen, but name another? Well, don't forget Unnur Birna Wilhjalmsdottir. She was crowned Miss World in Sanya, China, just before Christmas. And on Tuesday the raven-haired 21-year-old will be at Loftus Road when her football-playing compatriots take on Trinidad & Tobago in an international friendly. Two famous Icelanders in one place, eh?

If yuh spot she take a few snaps for me  ;D Watch out she might arrest you though, she is a part time police officer - wouldn't be a bad thing if she frisk yuh  ;D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »
i would appreciate if people stop posting pics of meh ex in this forum, thank you kindly

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 03:13:31 PM »
Grandeman; I too would appreciate if they don't post pics of your ex who is now my present!!!!!!
Darn  when they take dat  picture of she , we were just about to........ah f  ...k it.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:51 PM »
Grandeman; I too would appreciate if they don't post pics of your ex who is now my present!!!!!!
Darn  when they take dat  picture of she , we were just about to........ah f  ...k it.

i would appreciate if people stop posting pics of meh ex in this forum, thank you kindly

You guys are funny, dah is meh outside thing oui ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 04:58:20 PM by College »

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »
Thanks Thane... that is a real good find

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »
Nice update Rodney...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »
well it look like de husbands (mine an meh fren own) go be absent on Tuesday nite...ah well... :devil: :devil:
who vex loss

truetrini

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »
well it look like de husbands (mine an meh fren own) go be absent on Tuesday nite...ah well... :devil: :devil:

ah get ah frre fuh all on yuh bamsee den?

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2006, 02:10:40 PM »
what happens in de football, stays in de football...daiis all i sayin! :devil:
who vex loss

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »
come on tnt...leh we make mas.......

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2006, 08:21:42 AM »
Diego Martin..T&T

big up soldier.

das meh region dey!

my prediction 2-1  or 3-1 to T&T.

it'll be 3-2 to T&T if Warner in de goal.

He make a nice save de last match however dat one dat went through his legs.

he look like a rel donkey.

shaka half brudda and freinds organizin to sign a shirt fuh meh afta a match and bring it down.

ah happy no ass.

Like Carnival X2!

ha.

Sweet sweet T&T.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:24:09 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Tnt vs Iceland ( LIVE ONLINE)
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2006, 08:56:59 AM »
Thank you flex for the update. That is why this site is the best for news updates/source for Trinidad football.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline VikingSpirit

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »
Hello there T´n T fans. I am an Icelander who found this forum while trying to know more about your team than simply Yorke and Hislop.

After reading some threads here I see some of you seem to know as little about my team as I did about yours.

Some threads issue our teams simular style of play as Sweden has which is probably correct. Some guy wrote here that u need to thrash us badly like the swedes did in Reykjavik.  ;D

We played them some 3 years ago also in a friendly beating them 2-1 after Ljungberg put them ahead.

Last time we played a latin american team was Mexico in a friendly in the US 2003 or 04, 0-0 draw.

The last WC qualification was one of the worst for decades. The NT coaches were sacked almost instantly after the last game.

What I am trying to point out is that don´t underastimate us, this will be an even match and entertaining.

Cheers and respect from Reykjavik!

PS. I have been 3 times to the Caribbean and I have no doubt there will be a huge CARNIVAL in the stands. I route for you in the WC!!!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:30 AM »
I think this will be a very close game and us T&T fans should not underestimate Iceland, they are a good team and they are also playing in a climate that they are ac-costumed to.

My prediction, 1-1 tie,,,, maybe 2-1 T&T...

Do you guys have a official website for Iceland.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Beenhakker/Lawrence/Hoyte on BBC One Saturday
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 12:46:15 PM »
Football Focus
Saturday's show 
Saturday, BBC One, 1210-1300 GMT

And we'll be hearing from Trinidad and Tobago and Wrexham defender Dennis Lawrence, who scored the goal that fired the tiny island to their first ever World Cup.

Here is the interview with Lawrence. Requires RealPlayer. 4 minutes 10 sec long

rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/news/media/avdb/sport_web/video/9012da680039ea0/nb/09012da68003a177_16x9_nb.rm

edit: here is a windows media link to Hoyte's interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/sport_web/video/9012da680039ea0/nb/09012da68003a14e_16x9_nb.asx

and to Lawrence's interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/sport_web/video/9012da680039ea0/nb/09012da68003a177_16x9_nb.asx

« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 12:55:32 PM by e-man »

Offline VikingSpirit

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »
I think this will be a very close game and us T&T fans should not underestimate Iceland, they are a good team and they are also playing in a climate that they are ac-costumed to.

My prediction, 1-1 tie,,,, maybe 2-1 T&T...

Do you guys have a official website for Iceland.

The official site for the federation is www.ksi.is and one of many icelandic football sites is www.fotbolti.net which even has an interview with your biggest name in past times Dwight Yorke.

These wont help you much cause they are in Icelandic but I can assure you that this match is not approached with arrogance and you should be easy task because you come from the Carribean like someone suggested here. Our nation is way to small to meet any opponent that way. Even though I personally consider us favourites for that game.

I solomnly base that upon our results against teams with your teams playing style, we beat the Italians easily here 2-0 and they can consider them lucky with that result, the spaniards last time 2-0 and Bolivia prior to the Mexico match 2-0. I guess, apart from Gudjohnsen, your team is way more technical and light playing like the ones above than our team is. We however are extremely physically strong which has caused problems to teams from your region, apart from Brazil (I wonder why  ;D) which is the only team I remember we have lost to from that region past 20 years!

Our playing style and mentallity should be perfect to get u up for the Swedes even though we are not  as good team unfortunently. Against those arrogant pricks I wish you guys the best when the time comes. I have been there and I know their attitude. They will simply look at your team as a day off from WC schedule. I hope tomorrows game helps you to prove them wrong no matter how it goes.....

I read some Swedish ( I understand swedish yes) newspaper articles after the WC draw, they consider u no opsticle, a joke. Articles like that I am willing to transilate for you when the time comes to get blood taste in your mouths!

Tomorrow will be tight entertaining match which I hope we will go out of on top... both sides have something to prove......

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »
Thanks for de info and de support Vikingspirit... nice genuine post!

May de best team win tomorrow (Trinidad)  ;)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline VikingSpirit

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2006, 03:13:16 PM »
About our new coach, he was the U-21 coach last WC qualifiers and did a great job. Former international and german bundesliga champion and in the turkish legue.

When we lost to the Swedes 1-4 at home and 1-3 in Stockholm he made the same results for the U-21 team in favour of us. 3-1 at home and 4-1 in Sweden.

Look out for the Tottenham winger which is on loan at swedish club Malmö FF, Emil Hallfredsson. (noticed by the club after the run over in Sweden, man of the match)
Also Holland top flight clubs AZ Alkmaar Gretar Rafn Steinsson. Probably the most potential Icelandic players today. Hallfredsson is making his debut for the A-team. Despite having red hair he is acually a good player.  ;D

Now give me your wild cards please  ;D

1]; } ?>