April 25, 2024, 02:31:45 PM

Author Topic: Which current squad member has the best potential or up-side.  (Read 3743 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which current squad member has the best potential or up-side.
« on: February 28, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »
My vote goes to Spann, today he showed why he will be on a lot of GMs shopping list. 

I love Whitley's game, he has so much confidence when he is on theball, but his age detracts a bit from his overall package.

Sorry Shakes was unable to get more involved.

Me Mum was solid as a rock, lost his way a bit in the second half and made a couple bad passes.

This is only the beginning for Neaves, surely he will continue to grow from this expeience.

I'm very excited about the future of T&T football, hope we cand do all the right things...

Share your thoughts.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which current squad member has the best potential or up-side.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:02:12 PM »
all the players have real potential but ah real like whitley game from the first time ah ever see him play.....the man is ah boss and ah feel he going far......ah also see plenty potential in me mum also.....ah think he go be one to watch in english football in the future

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
My vote goes to Spann, today he showed why he will be on a lot of GMs shopping list. 

I love Whitley's game, he has so much confidence when he is on theball, but his age detracts a bit from his overall package.

Me Mum was solid as a rock, lost his way a bit in the second half and made a couple bad passes.

This is only the beginning for Neaves, surely he will continue to grow from this expeience.

I'm very excited about the future of T&T football, hope we cand do all the right things...

Share your thoughts.

For me...it's Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones.  You're right about Whitley and the age thing but if he turns it on in the WC....he will be in demand every bit as anyone else.  Whitley and Carlos close in age, just that Carlos already in England and has adapted to those conditions.  Spann of course has tremendous upside as well.  Surprise, Surprise package could be Cyd Gray.  Has ALL the tools of the modern wing back and if he can be consistent from a temperament standpoint as he has shown under Beenie, he just might shock plenty people.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 07:06:09 PM »

Share your thoughts.

spann you have to be joking , he played lala today the whole midfield played bad in the second half except birchall  and samuel spann and latapy was in and out of the game as for pontenial i cannot run rule on skakes and neaves yet.

i would say samuel and gray for now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 07:08:16 PM »

yeah ah have to add Edwards and Spann to that list....they were both impressive in qualifying and again today and Edwards getting real playing time since he's a constant starter for luton town

Share your thoughts.

For me...it's Carlos Edwards and Kenwyne Jones.  You're right about Whitley and the age thing but if he turns it on in the WC....he will be in demand every bit as anyone else.  Whitley and Carlos close in age, just that Carlos already in England and has adapted to those conditions.  Spann of course has tremendous upside as well.  Surprise, Surprise package could be Cyd Gray.  Has ALL the tools of the modern wing back and if he can be consistent from a temperament standpoint as he has shown under Beenie, he just might shock plenty people.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 07:10:26 PM »
I will go with Jones, (and ponnoxx, no just because we are close friends) but i believe that the youth can develop into a dynamic player. He is a athlete that just needs to find the right club/program that would develop him into a great player.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
I will go with Jones, (and ponnoxx, no just because we are close friends) but i believe that the youth can develop into a dynamic player. He is a athlete that just needs to find the right club/program that would develop him into a great player.

Ah real like Jones, but something tell me that striker is not his best position, I always feel he could make a good defensive mid/bolt something like a Jamerson

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »

Ah real like Jones, but something tell me that striker is not his best position, I always feel he could make a good defensive mid/bolt something like a Jamerson

Yes, you are right. He told me that he likes it up top though. He can also play defense and defensive midfield. That is what makes him special. He is a nice young man as well.

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:27 PM »
What yall tink of Cyd Gray? I wasn't impressed by his defending at all. D Icelanders were getting behind him real easy. He was more interested in attacking than defending. Carlos Edwards has to keep warning him to watch his man. I feel he would get lick up by a decent winger like Shaun Wright Phillips.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 07:49:43 PM »

Share your thoughts.

spann you have to be joking , he played lala today the whole midfield played bad in the second half except birchall  and samuel spann and latapy was in and out of the game as for pontenial i cannot run rule on skakes and neaves yet.

i would say samuel and gray for now

Both good choices, the reason I say Spann based on today's performance is b/c he showed the traits managers look for in a midfielder, he showed some skill, strength on the ball and strength in his tackles and a willingness to get stuck in and tackle. He came on and immediately got stuck in, he was fouled on about three accasions as some as he came on. He has the potential to be a tremendous force in the midfield of a decent EPL team.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
 Thanks king, ...Jones is really a player with alot of potential...What he needs to do is become more consistent in front of goal if he wants to be a striker...Fellas...he could play many positions but if he want to play striker that good...Not because he big he should play in the back....That notion gone long time...eg Zlatan, Ronaldo, Adriano, Crouch,Zidane,Vannistoroy, Shevchenko,  ....allyuhh feel these guys small ...just check their weight ;D

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 09:14:12 PM »
Thanks king, ...Jones is really a player with alot of potential...What he needs to do is become more consistent in front of goal if he wants to be a striker...Fellas...he could play many positions but if he want to play striker that good...Not because he big he should play in the back....That notion gone long time...eg Zlatan, Ronaldo, Adriano, Crouch,Zidane,Vannistoroy, Shevchenko, ....allyuhh feel these guys small ...just check their weight ;D

I am one who suggested Jones might be better in defensive mid position and that is no just based on his size, give meh some more credit than that. I think at this point in his career, he is better at tackling than finishing in front of goal. Defensive mid could be ideal for him b/c it will still allow him to get forward in attacking positions on occasions, a la Kerry Jamerson.

Marvin Faustin was not always a left wing back, he is not even a natural left-footer. he's a perfect example of alround talent that moulded into on the most dependable defenders, in my opinion, to ever put on the red white and black.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:30:47 PM by College »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »
Spann, Jones, Birchall, Samuel...all in their early 20s...plenty potential. Samuel will win that left side of midfield. The first 45 minutes was the best, most composed I ever see Birchall play. He was in his element...nice cold english weather

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 09:30:39 PM »
When you talking upside you have to consider age.  So I have to go with Jones.  Edwards and Spann not so young anymore. Birchall is solid but unspectacular ad might be overlooked.  Samuel is so talented but he is not consistent.  If he play in the WC like he play today he will be in the Premier League next season.  Jones has the biggest upside but he must develop a  nose for the net when playing with the big boys.  Go Warriors!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 06:56:52 AM »
Good question...Spann looking like he could be our 1st COMPLETE midfielder...attacking, defending, set pieces...everything. And Carlos and Whitley have about 2 more years to become world class players, capable of plyign their trade in any major league and being more than just a role player. But because of age, I giving it to Spann.

Kenwyne Jones...gets a second vote because he could play anywhere on the field, but as a striker i can't see him ever surpassing Stern'g goal ratio or even becoming our #1 striker anytime soon.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 07:44:22 AM »
When you talking upside you have to consider age. So I have to go with Jones. Edwards and Spann not so young anymore. .........

Spann and Jones are the same age...in fact Spann might be younger than Jones, but I too lazy right now to check the DOBs

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 08:06:52 AM »
When you talking upside you have to consider age. So I have to go with Jones. Edwards and Spann not so young anymore. .........

Spann and Jones are the same age...in fact Spann might be younger than Jones, but I too lazy right now to check the DOBs

Spann is older, he is 24 years old, Kenwyne is 20 years old.

Warrior Nation

Vibes it up!

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 08:08:11 AM »
I say Kenwayne, he will be our next hot striker

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 08:46:36 AM »
kenwyne, age , work ethic, athleticism, skillfull.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 09:40:25 AM »
K J is it
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 11:39:11 AM »
Samuel for me. He looked really good yesterday, and skinned that fullback a good few times
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »
jones neaves shakes birchall  and possibly spann but i dont believe so just based on the number of clubs apparently interested in him

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 12:24:17 PM »

Spann is older, he is 24 years old, Kenwyne is 20 years old.

Warrior Nation

Vibes it up!

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

I stand corrected...thanks. Spann will be 25 years old this year, and a couple months later Jones will be 21 so there is a good difference in age. For some reason I thought Spann was the same age-group as Jones. he still young though  ;D

1]; } ?>