April 28, 2024, 12:08:16 AM

Author Topic: TRI vs ISL "views & attitudes" thread.  (Read 6950 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TRI vs ISL "views & attitudes" thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 06:19:11 PM »
Allyuh men real bias.... allyuh like every other T&T coach who will not bench Latapy or Yorke simply because of their names.... allyuh aint learn nothing from Beenhakker....

Do you think England and Sweden wouldn't double team Latapy, this is part of the game, Latapy in turn have to try his best and still try to get away from his markers and work the ball through....

Latapy came on to help keep procession, how ?? when most of the men on the field playing alongside Latas couldn't support procession play at the time (Shakes, Neaves, Samuel)...??

Latapy had an off game yesterday, but he is still the general on his good day, as JDB said, dont be suprise if he come off the bench in Germany. Because if he cant escape USA, Bahrain, Costa Rica and now Iceland then he have a problem...

In Germany they will have no pettie on us and they will target Yorke and Latapy, being good players you have to learn how to escape your markers and still play your game. Yorke might be able to and Latapy to, but Latapy maynot last a full 90 mins...

Still love both players and without them we would not have qualified.... we just have to know how and when to use them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 06:21:46 PM by Flex »

Offline pan jumbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The ultimative online portal for steel pan lovers
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 05:10:08 AM »
Latas is important to the team, having 2 men on him will open space for someone else. His dribbling ability will also help draw out defenders.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2006, 06:50:19 AM »

I expected more from Iceland, they didn't give us a good fight, so its hard to evaluate our game. I wouldn't get to carried away we still have work to do especially in defence.

Truetrini in London, day 6.

I think that is a very important statement u made, we were not tested at all from a very mediocre  iceland team, regardless of how solid a performance we put forth.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 07:41:58 AM »
We need to play teams in the FIFA ranking 1 to 15.... then we will get tested... then we will know for sure how good we coming along... we had a long break after Bahrian so Iceland was a good test in that sense, now we need to build on that and play better teams.... Peru isn't a good test either....

Did you see how Poland play USA yesterday ? they was playing them very hard.... even though USA won, Poland gave them a hard fight.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 07:53:32 AM »
The game was a very good one.....the best since the mexico game...thhe players were very organised and they were working together....Samuel and Yorke played excellently. Stern missed a bit too much opportunities.
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 03:40:00 AM »
I saw Kevon Neaves a few times well and he can play. Noreiga is also good, when he is up to it, a bit lazy at times, but 2 decent players here. I never saw Henry but from what I heard he is ok, can anyone tell us a bit more on Henry. I wonder how Neaves, Shakes and Warner was feeling when they came on the field especially Neaves, you could tell nerves played a part.

I must say Flex you right on spot. I also like the way Carlos and Samuel is looking, once our wing players up to it we will do great in Germany.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 01:06:32 PM »
We looked good but Iceland is ranked 95th in the world, very weak team, looking forward to the next warmups when we playing a better team.

1]; } ?>