April 27, 2024, 05:41:30 PM

Author Topic: It is questionable to Finalize your team so early, why Beenhakker?  (Read 4743 times)

TrinInfinite

Reading reports on Germany, Holland, England and many other top calibre teams, who are complaining that they not finalizing their list till later bc of possible injury and players form. Why Beenhakker ruling out looking at other players who could be in form and could be of help, this is not a plea for Hardest alone, but for all we players.

You have Baptiste, Noray, Hardest, Dwarika maybe, Glasgow and Wise who have not been seen or even tried out, so why not? Why is Beenhakker finalizing now when others still want to take their time and look, select and experiment.

I dont like the fact Beenhakker is doing this so quick, when we have 3 months to go and plenty players who haven't been seen or heard and man finalizing in a week? This is not what I expected, I hate to question our coach, but this doesn't make sense, other top coaches asking for extensions and we already finalize we team, when we have local players who havent been seen who have talent, something wrong there, it doesn't make sense.

Vibes It Up

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It is questionable to Finalize your team so early, why Beenhakker?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 11:02:33 PM »
the other teams are complaining about deadlines in MAY. so right off the bat you wrong.
Hart for president

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »
Reading reports on Germany, Holland, England and many other top calibre teams, who are complaining that they not finalizing their list till later bc of possible injury and players form. Why Beenhakker ruling out looking at other players who could be in form and could be of help, this is not a plea for Hardest alone, but for all we players.

You have Baptiste, Noray, Hardest, Dwarika maybe, Glasgow and Wise who have not been seen or even tried out, so why not? Why is Beenhakker finalizing now when others still want to take their time and look, select and experiment.

I dont like the fact Beenhakker is doing this so quick, when we have 3 months to go and plenty players who haven't been seen or heard and man finalizing in a week? This is not what I expected, I hate to question our coach, but this doesn't make sense, other top coaches asking for extensions and we already finalize we team, when we have local players who havent been seen who have talent, something wrong there, it doesn't make sense.

Vibes It Up

I agree with what Beenie is saying.  No new players.  He knows what is out there and is almost ready to select his travelling squad.

Why?  We are not "Germany, Holland or England" who have a truckload of top class players.  We have a much smaller number of players who are truly World Cup claiber and as far as Beenie is concerned he has seen them, knows what they can do, and is ready to pick his squad.

What we need now is to stop the experimentation and try-outs and key in on the tsrating 11 and supporting cast.

Hardest and them best look towards 2010.  We counting on them for that.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 11:06:34 PM »
the other teams are complaining about deadlines in MAY. so right off the bat you wrong.

how i wrong, please tell me, dey complaining bc dey want more time to submit their list, what is the rush?  ???

god forbid one we star players get injured and cant play, what will beenhakker do? suppose the players we neglect could have been great additions? so why rush 2 pick yuh squad\

u not maing sense breds, come again :o

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »

Vibes It Up

I agree with what Beenie is saying.  No new players.  He knows what is out there and is almost ready to select his travelling squad.

Why?  We are not "Germany, Holland or England" who have a truckload of top class players.  We have a much smaller number of players who are truly World Cup claiber and as far as Beenie is concerned he has seen them, knows what they can do, and is ready to pick his squad.

What we need now is to stop the experimentation and try-outs and key in on the tsrating 11 and supporting cast.

Hardest and them best look towards 2010.  We counting on them for that.

it so funny dat u could write off men who playing home all their lives and u could scout man who visit trinidad once and give them a trial and then come and say u not lookin at no more players, that is poor scouting if you ask me, no respect for we locals atall, if u support dat jahyouth ur a traitor and no trini, ur a foreigner >:(

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 11:15:13 PM »

how i wrong, please tell me, dey complaining bc dey want more time to submit their list, what is the rush?  ???

god forbid one we star players get injured and cant play, what will beenhakker do? suppose the players we neglect could have been great additions? so why rush 2 pick yuh squad\

they dont want club competitions to interfere with their wc preparations in may. so that aint have nothin to do with your arguement to begin with.

if you want to make the arguement about leo having an early deadline then go ahead, but the above example isnt relevant.
Hart for president

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 11:20:04 PM »
i think it have advantages and disadavantages to this-
finalizing the team will bring everyone together to understand each other's playing style, practice set pieces, the team would be able to gel better.
but on the other hand just as TrinInfinite saying yuh just can't write off fellas what if  an injury happens...or it even have better players than those presently on de team being left out. it still have plenty time to finalize ...fifa deadline is may15 and dey thinking bout extending it

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 11:51:35 PM »
i think it have advantages and disadavantages to this-
finalizing the team will bring everyone together to understand each other's playing style, practice set pieces, the team would be able to gel better.
but on the other hand just as TrinInfinite saying yuh just can't write off fellas what if an injury happens...or it even have better players than those presently on de team being left out. it still have plenty time to finalize ...fifa deadline is may15 and dey thinking bout extending it

thank u breds for understanding :beermug:

how i wrong, please tell me, dey complaining bc dey want more time to submit their list, what is the rush? ???

they dont want club competitions to interfere with their wc preparations in may. so that aint have nothin to do with your arguement to begin with.

if you want to make the arguement about leo having an early deadline then go ahead, but the above example isnt relevant.

i know dey are extending for club commitments, but i was using that as an example, that even the deadline may b extended, so why rush, beenie have plenty, why he so quick tuh juss finalize de list, it bothers me that we rushin 2 finalize and we ent see all de players yet ???

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 12:58:14 AM »
Leo have alot more work to do with the chosen players than them other squads.
They could just pull in men and give them instructions.

The sooner he finalize a core bunch with replacements in mind the better for us.  A superstar not going and fall out of the sky jus so.
It always have exceptions and I'm sure he will make provisions if something out of the ordinary draw his attention but that unlikely.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 02:28:11 AM »
Infinite, Beenie have a squad ah 28 right?  He trimming de squad tuh 23...dat leaves 5 fringe players in different positions available in cases of injury.

Now de man eh have a trailor load ah players to choose from, so he ready tuh start preparing his squad for what EVERY pundit in the world say is ah severe uphill climb.

Leh we leave dis one alone nah.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 02:29:01 AM »
We can debate and criticize what Benie is doing but one thing we can say is that so far what ever he has done he has been successfull with it,his situation with our team is a lot different from all those countries we talk about,why are we trying to compare ourselves with what other countries are doing,i think Benie is doing what's best for us,this guy is an experienced Coach and we have to trust his judgement,he is not guessing or trying things he knows what he's doing.How many Coaches do we have on this forum,try looking at what he is doing from a Coaches point of view and you will get a different picture.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 03:53:45 AM »

Vibes It Up

I agree with what Beenie is saying.  No new players.  He knows what is out there and is almost ready to select his travelling squad.

Why?  We are not "Germany, Holland or England" who have a truckload of top class players.  We have a much smaller number of players who are truly World Cup claiber and as far as Beenie is concerned he has seen them, knows what they can do, and is ready to pick his squad.

Hardest and them best look towards 2010.  We counting on them for that.

it so funny dat u could write off men who playing home all their lives and u could scout man who visit trinidad once and give them a trial and then come and say u not lookin at no more players, that is poor scouting if you ask me, no respect for we locals atall, if u support dat jahyouth ur a traitor and no trini, ur a foreigner >:(

whey you livin eh Trininfinite?

it eh have nuttin to do wit he position.

you are just talking shit.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 06:36:10 AM »
TI,
Beenie already seen what he needs to see...he plan to pick a provisonal sqaud of 28 b4 he selects the final 23.  I understand your point regarding injuries and loss of form..so in the event of that happening I am sure he will consider other players.  However, last time I check 28 is 5 more than 23....so in the event that a few players get injured or lose from (I hope this don't happen), hopefully we be left with at least 23 players.  I think what Beenie is saying the squad of 28 is the best available and he doubt there is anyone out there who is WC calibre so why waste time thinking of all the possible ifs and buts. He needs to focus on the the ppl most likely going to Germany, not the ppl who would like to go but not performing right now....i.e. Hardest, Dwarika, etc.....this topic is another undercover Hardest post..u not easy... ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 09:29:12 AM »
TI,
Beenie already seen what he needs to see...he plan to pick a provisonal sqaud of 28 b4 he selects the final 23. I understand your point regarding injuries and loss of form..so in the event of that happening I am sure he will consider other players. However, last time I check 28 is 5 more than 23....so in the event that a few players get injured or lose from (I hope this don't happen), hopefully we be left with at least 23 players. I think what Beenie is saying the squad of 28 is the best available and he doubt there is anyone out there who is WC calibre so why waste time thinking of all the possible ifs and buts. He needs to focus on the the ppl most likely going to Germany, not the ppl who would like to go but not performing right now....i.e. Hardest, Dwarika, etc.....this topic is another undercover Hardest post..u not easy... ;D

i not disgusing nothin, why de hell beenhakker dont take de time 2 look at players he hasnt seen, allyuh real tie up, allyuh dont realize real locals get diss by not gettin look at, where is dere motivation?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
dey eh lookin at Hardest so forget about it!!!

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 09:33:52 AM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:15:54 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: TI cant get a break yes
Back in Trini...

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »

this man like he just doh listen.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 09:43:10 AM »
Forgive me father is I am being sacriligeous but thus said Beenie. The man has not made a wrong move yet. Let Hardest go and play with Joe Public mash up the place and he go be in his early 30's in 2010 see you in S/Africa.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »
The man hasn't finalized the team yet...all he has done is identified about 30-something players from which he will choose a final 23....

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 09:50:28 AM »
Now I didn't see de Iceland game, but by all accounts, just the changes that were made in the second half was enough to disrupt the chemistry of the team. So how much more disruption could be caused by bringing in totally new players at this stage?

TI has been questioning Beenie's tactics ever since he boy was not called up.

"Beenie eh spendin enuff time in Trini... Beenie not scouting talent in Trini... Beenie not using de right men in defence... Beenie not dis, Beenie not dat... ra-ra-ra."

Is like Beenie have to win de WC to convince TI that he know what he doin.
Toujour Pret!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »
TI have ADHD

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 09:58:03 AM »

this man like he just doh listen.

ent.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »
He he finalize d team but I am pretty sure Jemmott not on d squad.
Ppl confuse the level of a fete match with that of international competition
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
allyuh dont realize real locals get diss [/u] by not gettin look at, where is dere motivation?

Yuh want tuh explain how de locals get diss?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 10:07:19 AM »
TI,
Beenie already seen what he needs to see...he plan to pick a provisonal sqaud of 28 b4 he selects the final 23. I understand your point regarding injuries and loss of form..so in the event of that happening I am sure he will consider other players. However, last time I check 28 is 5 more than 23....so in the event that a few players get injured or lose from (I hope this don't happen), hopefully we be left with at least 23 players. I think what Beenie is saying the squad of 28 is the best available and he doubt there is anyone out there who is WC calibre so why waste time thinking of all the possible ifs and buts. He needs to focus on the the ppl most likely going to Germany, not the ppl who would like to go but not performing right now....i.e. Hardest, Dwarika, etc.....this topic is another undercover Hardest post..u not easy... ;D

i not disgusing nothin, why de hell beenhakker dont take de time 2 look at players he hasnt seen, allyuh real tie up, allyuh dont realize real locals get diss by not gettin look at, where is dere motivation?
No Breds you real tie up.

Hardest, Dwarika and whoever else you have a thing for NOT GOING TO GERMANY.

Get that through your skull and you will stop with all these dotish threads.
TnT Patriot

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »
Now come on the site and dis the first thing i hadda read. Yuh does spoil man day boy TI. Stop it now nah. Please. Beenhakker have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more experience and qualifications than you breds. The man been there, done that. LEAVE IT ALONE now nuh. Yuh startin to sound more maniacal every time yuh post this blasted shit.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 10:15:27 AM »
ENT.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 10:15:58 AM »
Wha wrong with TI?  Beenie in TT for nearly a year now.  He and he staff been watching local players and travelling to see foreign players.  How much more he have to see?  let the man comncentarte on the 28 or 29 he go choose and decide on he 23.  If we so unfortunate to have injuries he acn still pick some others because I am sure he have a long list in his notes.  Even players he use and since discard like Eve, might still get a chanc if he have to go to them. So they better keep fit just in case.  Vibes brothers, vibes.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 11:13:20 AM »
We can debate and criticize what Benie is doing but one thing we can say is that so far what ever he has done he has been successfull with it,his situation with our team is a lot different from all those countries we talk about,why are we trying to compare ourselves with what other countries are doing,i think Benie is doing what's best for us,this guy is an experienced Coach and we have to trust his judgement,he is not guessing or trying things he knows what he's doing.How many Coaches do we have on this forum,try looking at what he is doing from a Coaches point of view and you will get a different picture.

Well said Coops.  Whenever I am asked by fellow football fans to comment on our progress, I always begin my response by saying "I do not have Beenie's pedigree or resume as a coach"  As you said, whatever he has done in the past, he has achieved some success with his actions.  Would all coaches on the forum please stand up.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>