April 28, 2024, 04:39:10 AM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews: Rooney isn't big worry - Henrik is !  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Marvin Andrews: Rooney isn't big worry - Henrik is !
« on: March 02, 2006, 06:01:38 AM »
The Daily Record.
[/size]

Marvin Andrews last night insisted he is more worried about facing super Swede Henrik Larsson at the World Cup than England wonder boy Wayne Rooney. The Trinidad and Tobago star can't wait for his country to make their tournament debut in Germany - they open against Sweden on June 10 then face Sven Goran Eriksson's men five days later.
But while Rooney is being tipped to take the World Cup by storm, Rangers defender Andrews revealed he's only concentrating on how to deal with the threat posed by former Celtic star Larsson, now at Barcelona.
He said: "I'm not thinking about Rooney at all. The England game is far from my mind. Our first game is against Sweden and that is the one we are all preparing for from now on.
"I've played against Henrik in Scotland so I know all about him. It will be good to play against him again as he is a top-class player."
Trinidad's preparations started smoothly with a 2-0 friendly win over Iceland in London on Tuesday night thanks to a Dwight Yorke double, with Dundee United's Collin Samuel setting up the first to play himself into manager Leo Beenhakker's plans for Germany.
Beenhakker, who also brought on Falkirk player-coach Russell Latapy as a late substitute, said: "Samuel did well, very well.
"I invited him two or three times to our qualification matches. At that time I didn't have a good impression but he's doing much better."
Beenhakker's side are expected to be no more than makeweights in Group B, which also includes dark horses Paraguay, but Andrews was having none of it.
And given he was the only one who believed Rangers' final day SPL triumph last season was possible the born-again Christian may have a point.
He added: "It doesn't matter to me what people say. We know our dream, our goal and we have to go out and do it.
"We're going to give Sweden and England a game. On any day you never know what is going to happen. Anything is possible.
"Every person can assume something is going to happen but God is the one with the final say."
Rangers' Champions League campaign reaches another critical point on Tuesday when they travel to Villarreal in search of goals following the 2-2 first-leg draw at Ibrox.
The odds are stacked against them but Andrews said: "It is possible we can go there and win. Anything can happen. With Rangers and my national team, God is the one in control."
Andrews is hoping for a recall for Saturday's SPL clash at Falkirk after being left on the bench for the last two games.

Glasgow Rangers' Fernando Ricksen (L), Julien Rodriguez (C), and Marvin Andrews (R) train at the Murray Park training ground in Glasgow, Scotland February 21, 2006. Rangers will play Villarreal at the Ibrox stadium in Glasgow in their UEFA Champions League first-leg soccer match on February 22. ...REUTERS/Tony Marsh.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Andrews: Rooney isn't big worry - Henrik is !
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 06:07:02 AM »
That headline is a bit misleading...but still someone needs to put a muzzle on Dog quick  :-X

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 06:28:27 AM »
Marvin is right "God is in control"

But Rooney have a real bad attitude, he even refuse to sing his national anthem at the begining of the game yesterday while every other players was singing it, he shut he mouth like he vex with de world. De man is a pitt-bull, he is the only forward who tackle like a defender... he wil be a hand full and he have a powerful shot, he will not wait for Andrews to come on him, he will shot before. Bent and Owen is just pure speed something that worries me...

Henrik is very clinical. He slow down a little and might be easier to mark, but on set plays we have to becareful, he can finish if is one thing...

By the time the world cup reaches, all these teams will be ready, so any road we take it will be rough, we will have to close down players quicker that Ato in 1997.

Paraguay we must becareful off, they are very quiet and confident. While everyone worrying about England, I believe Paraguay might be the ones to watch, their style is very difficult to mark... ground ball will always hurt you...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:46:41 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 06:50:50 AM »
That headline is a bit misleading...but still someone needs to put a muzzle on Dog quick  :-X

Yeah the headline is misleading, i thought Dog was barking again for no reason.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:38:07 AM »
not because yuh is ah big time footballer doh mean yuh cyah be a damn ass(Roy Keane, Drogba), just hush, play and try to get better and hope friggin Wayne Rooney have a friggin off-day on that fateful day in June, STEUPS!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:28:57 AM »
Allyuh fellas getting a lil hyper. Marvin ain't say nothing that needs to be muzzled. he not concerned about Rooney now ...and rightly so. The man concentrating on the first game and who his opponents will be. When the England game come around ....then Rooney might pop in his mind.  :devil:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 09:34:50 AM »
Talkin about Henrik, he trow away real bad yesterday.  Embarrassing miss.

Highlights

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 09:48:33 AM »
Get off Marvin's back. It getting boring now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:25 AM »
Remembar reports does edit their copy, so Marvind God line might be more of a reports interests than Marvin trrying to say something religious.  Allyuh know how Trini does talk.....:God in control man do dig nottun"   Next thing dem printing that as a comment steuupps.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 10:32:14 AM »
dog need tuh get faster first b4 he talk about rooney being no cencern

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »
big up to dog having confidence in ones self and their ability is halff d battle
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

fabio

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »
The Daily Record.
[/size]

Marvin Andrews last night insisted he is more worried about facing super Swede Henrik Larsson at the World Cup than England wonder boy Wayne Rooney. The Trinidad and Tobago star can't wait for his country to make their tournament debut in Germany - they open against Sweden on June 10 then face Sven Goran Eriksson's men five days later.
But while Rooney is being tipped to take the World Cup by storm, Rangers defender Andrews revealed he's only concentrating on how to deal with the threat posed by former Celtic star Larsson, now at Barcelona.
He said: "I'm not thinking about Rooney at all. The England game is far from my mind. Our first game is against Sweden and that is the one we are all preparing for from now on.
"I've played against Henrik in Scotland so I know all about him. It will be good to play against him again as he is a top-class player."
Trinidad's preparations started smoothly with a 2-0 friendly win over Iceland in London on Tuesday night thanks to a Dwight Yorke double, with Dundee United's Collin Samuel setting up the first to play himself into manager Leo Beenhakker's plans for Germany.
Beenhakker, who also brought on Falkirk player-coach Russell Latapy as a late substitute, said: "Samuel did well, very well.
"I invited him two or three times to our qualification matches. At that time I didn't have a good impression but he's doing much better."
Beenhakker's side are expected to be no more than makeweights in Group B, which also includes dark horses Paraguay, but Andrews was having none of it.
And given he was the only one who believed Rangers' final day SPL triumph last season was possible the born-again Christian may have a point.
He added: "It doesn't matter to me what people say. We know our dream, our goal and we have to go out and do it.
"We're going to give Sweden and England a game. On any day you never know what is going to happen. Anything is possible.
"Every person can assume something is going to happen but God is the one with the final say."
Rangers' Champions League campaign reaches another critical point on Tuesday when they travel to Villarreal in search of goals following the 2-2 first-leg draw at Ibrox.
The odds are stacked against them but Andrews said: "It is possible we can go there and win. Anything can happen. With Rangers and my national team, God is the one in control."
Andrews is hoping for a recall for Saturday's SPL clash at Falkirk after being left on the bench for the last two games.

Glasgow Rangers' Fernando Ricksen (L), Julien Rodriguez (C), and Marvin Andrews (R) train at the Murray Park training ground in Glasgow, Scotland February 21, 2006. Rangers will play Villarreal at the Ibrox stadium in Glasgow in their UEFA Champions League first-leg soccer match on February 22. ...REUTERS/Tony Marsh.

let him go ahead and buss he mouth. yuh go see, he might end up eating back he word and drinking a beastly cold lager beer to go with it

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:12:29 AM »
De men and dem who criticizing Dog for these comments...

allyuh read the article?  ???

what did you comprehend by HIS STATEMENTS?? Not the writers eh.... his statements!

I would like to know....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »
Dog have it tight with Rangers oui....his own training jacket and shorts and ting intialed  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »
Dog have it tight with Rangers oui....his own training jacket and shorts and ting intialed  :beermug:
he so tight with dem that they go leave he on d bench and go sell him or release him at the end of the season.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 07:25:26 PM »
probably de man know why he not concerned about rooney....who knows by the time tnt play england.....dog might be on the bench....ah just sayin that is wha he mus be trying to tell peole....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »
Perfect example of sensationalised headlines

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »
The Record was just trying to hype up the Old Firm Rivalry. Henrik is a legend in Scotland (to Celtic fans). The writer knew what the story was going to be before he even asked Dog the question.

1]; } ?>