March 28, 2024, 01:59:56 PM

Author Topic: Joe Cole & Shawn Wright Phillips  (Read 2629 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Joe Cole & Shawn Wright Phillips
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:14:35 AM »
Who is the real England super hero... I think that we are going to have a hard time marking and covering Joe Cole. He plays like a South American. He must be England's most skillfull and most useful player. I am now a believer. Rooney will do his thing but like Marvin Andrews say he aint worried about Rooney. I am however worried about Joe Cole. That left side go be well pressured. Some type of double-teaming set-up on the left might be needed. This Cole is as busy as Ronaldhino (as busy) on the field.  Rooney look like he want to start playing defender.  Joe Cole and Shawn Wright Phillips is de men to watch. Crouch should get cancel out. Obviously Owen is always a threat but we go take dem one at a time.  Some body need to feed Joe Cole some Anti-Spinach when is time to play Trinbago.  How allyuh see it?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Cole & Shawn Wright Phillips
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:23:15 AM »
Rooney had an off-game vs Uruguay  If yuh watch the last England - Argentina game he was the best England player.
We have real men to mark and ruff up.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:25:31 AM »
Wright Phillips is a killer, full of youth and energy, he can rip pur defense to threads if we don't get it together

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:30:50 AM »
Rooney had an off-game vs Uruguay  If yuh watch the last England - Argentina game he was the best England player.
We have real men to mark and ruff up.

we could ruff dem up. remember a time we play (i think) mexico and we send one a dem player on a stretcher.  ;D
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »
joecole aint passin wild man from bago on d right side

talk dun

lala man on d left is d main worry in terms of shaun an den he might cause tallest to pull out of position to cover leavin a gap fo rooney to exploit

avery an whitely hav to try pickin off bekham and phillips befor he reach danger zone
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:46:40 AM »
wait so Joe cole aint impress allyuh. Boy well eye musbe buss because that man almost touch every ball. Now in all fairness I did see some fowl-up on his part. Sometimes he beat heself but driblers tend to do that sometimes. But de man was on fire all game.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »
my eyes musbe buss. correction....  By the way Shotta Joe Cole is playing on de left remember. He might not be as skillful as Messi but he sure miserable like Messi.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline chris2417

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:09:49 AM »
Not much can be made from that game, England did not play particularly well as they are cabable of. that said there back 4 namely ferdinand had an off game. Rooney played well. we all know what we're gonna get from him. he's not your usual foward. i think he played very well. but if you see him play for united then you'll know that his back tracking is part of his game. he'll pop up everywhere. and thats another threat to his game. joe cole was simply outstanding. and wright phillips provided much needed change in the england team. he'll provide a great change replacing beckham on the wing from the bench, bringing great pace and more creativity. gary neville too played particularly well.. I HAIL that diogo goal though... absolute corker.One thing i would say that our boys should realise from that game is 90 minutes of football.. but coach is a genius and i sure he pouding that into the team. and everyone saw the threat of england again.. they are very adept at pulling out late wins. that is the sign of a great team. win. sweden was very poor unusual from them. As for our game.. it was great to see the fellas control the game for long spells. and i for one happy yorke scoring again. i hope he keep it up. well done.
Oh and for the daren bent comment... he wont be a factor i dont even think he'll make the squad... he was a spectator for most of the game and that was his chance to prove himself. i think he's good at charlton but he's not ready for the international level of play yet.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »
I agree wid yuh davideph. If u watch England's last 4 0r 5 games Joe Cole has been their most consistent player. The yute just not scared to take on any defender. Even maradona call Cole "the english messi" last week. I think our best chance would be to go straight at Ferdinand. He seems to have more off days than good days with England. And so he could make bad pass.

The only thing i disagree u on is that crouch cancelled out. Have u seen Lawrence's defensive headering? Crouch will purge him....
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »
I only hope and pray sven make de mistake to start crouch, cause that tall shit is de most useless player i ever see and tallest go cancel he out easy...

from last night's game, what we can get is that the best way to beat england is play with a deep back four since in all their last internationals dating back to the northern ireland and denmark games, what is evident is that that team lacks creativity badly.. they can kill you by springing rooney, owen and wright-phillips on a counter attack but watch them when they just in a normal set, passing the ball around with zero end product.. lampard and gerrard is box to box men but doh look for them to do something creative like split the defence with an incisive through ball...

uruguay got it right last night by frustrating them with the deep back four and inviting england to bring the game to them... and de man who score de goal was omar pouso not diogo!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »
SoBe, it sound like yuh just describe Marvin Andrews when talking about Ferdinand. That said that makes Marvin look pretty good in my eyes because even the best of them can make mistakes and bad passes. Defense is an under-pressure, under-rated, under-developed part of the game that the Italians and a couple others alone have paid attention too. Of course if they added Offence as well things would look brighter.
Beenie-man know what he got and how to work them and tallest will have he work with Crouch but like our other defenders he too will do his best.
Look for Marvin Andrews and Tallest to get good contracts after the world cup.

As a matter of fact I predict that Trinbago will have the most players sucked up by bigger clubs after the world cup more so than any other countries.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 05:36:46 PM »
wait so Joe cole aint impress allyuh. Boy well eye musbe buss because that man almost touch every ball. Now in all fairness I did see some fowl-up on his part. Sometimes he beat heself but driblers tend to do that sometimes. But de man was on fire all game.

i think the england left midfielder will attack our right back david jus an observation
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 05:42:59 PM »
wey in anoder post ah just say dat rooney does remind me ah robinho, ronaldinho, messi de way he does move as if he could beat any five men at any given time but he does just want to invlove he teamates......while ah writing it ah keep saying to mehself, boy yuh forgetting somebody.....friggin JOE COLE is who ah forget, big man is big man, ah hope dem paraguyan dem take out joe cole, rooney and wright-phillips.....yuh could imagine de amount ah free kick beckham go be kicking when dem 3 fellas constantly getting foul.......some body really tellin joe cole he is ah brazilian, an like he beievin dem.....by de same token, ah hope ferdinand make de team, because he feel he is lucio and we could do work wid he.....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 07:06:05 AM »
Both of them inconsistent though. Cole improve a lot..but we more accustommed to beats and dribbles than most of them sides England play against. Besides, England still in that mindset of Beckham hadda control the game...Cole only get to shine once Becks was off the field so we safe cause Becks must stay on for 90...and he is the weakest link in that midfield now, because he trying to do everything when Lampard and Gerrard is the men who should be running the show.

Too much man-rat in that one hole midfield...Brazil only start to gel once everybody else realise that Ronaldinho incharge so kaka and the 3 prong-O attack tress back and just wait for him to get them into the play. Same thing at Barca...Ronaldinho not competing with Messi to be the boss, he letting the youth run things and then stepping up when he needs to.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 08:11:40 AM »
yeh i always said joe cole would be a class player for england, but he played wid 10 times more skill as a youth the english game killed that out of him. but i tink the real man to watch if he starts is wright phillips he will expose avery unless they protect him, so if samuel does get that left wing he will need to be ultra fit to keep covering.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »
it doh make sense marking anyone player on england team cuz any player on that team is a threat we jus hadda defend as a unit

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 10:02:05 AM »
yeh u have to defend as a unit, but som places need xtra protection like the wings, we have weak full backs, thats y i would have liked to play denmark as a warm up to see how we would cope. anyway i know we beatin england ;)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »
f#ck cole....f#ck s w phillips...f#ck england....f#ck everybody else than tnt......tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 09:18:11 PM »
DOnt forget about lampard. him and cole are the two "south americans" on the team

1]; } ?>