April 27, 2024, 12:37:42 PM

Author Topic: 10- Weeks Before Our NEXT GAME...Is this Wise  (Read 6095 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
10- Weeks Before Our NEXT GAME...Is this Wise
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:37 AM »
This is quite a long lay off

Including the 8-10 guaranteed spots on the team we literally have about 30-35 persons vying to make the final 28 that Beenie is going to select.....

We should be trying to sort out the remaing 20-people...leave those guranteed 8-10 out since we are confident in their style and what they bring to the team, and play matches against some international minnows...just to have a better idea of who you want to select...

When you include the 8-10 regulars, how do you sort out the rest of the team ??

Bringing in 6-subs on to play a couple mins does NOT provide a true assesment...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:14:47 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

TrinInfinite

Re: 10- Weeks Before Our NEXT GAME...Is this Wise
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »
i dont think so but massa beenhakker says so, so everyone bowing and praising de man like he is a saviour, hes a great coach and were thankful for us coming together but the long lay offs could only affect our team in a negative way, rather than a positive way, late prep has been a pattern we should have broken a long time ago  >:(

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 10:31:24 AM »
I agree. Those guys who not sure starters should play as much friendlies and organized games as possble together.  That way we can really separate the men who definitely going to make it.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »
I agree. Those guys who not sure starters should play as much friendlies and organized games as possble together.  That way we can really separate the men who definitely going to make it.

Name de men and dem and tell meh when dey coming to play game...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »
who knows why there is such a long lay-off, buh if beenie wanted to sort through players he woulda do that long time, like d US when they start playing friendlies since January with 2nd n 3rd string players and only now Arena start callin back d US professionals based in Europe... i think beenie tellin we that he only see about 28 players from tnt that good enough to make a WC squad... if he thought about 35 to 40 players are WC quality he woulda have earlier frieldlies for them.

One good thing bout beenie is that his actions speak as loud and louder than words and he seems to be a very consistent coach, not coping and changing tactics and philosophies along the way.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 10:41:17 AM »
t i i cant beleive u aint believe in banhakker capacity as a coach

this is d man dat carry we world cup

this is d 1st man to aint start a fit an avaliable latapy in a world cup qualifer

unlike you i am forced to believe that he knows wat he doin in terms of warrior football so jus bak an chill

watch the man bring we glory
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:45:34 AM »
t i i cant beleive u aint believe in banhakker capacity as a coach

this is d man dat carry we world cup

this is d 1st man to aint start a fit an avaliable latapy in a world cup qualifer

unlike you i am forced to believe that he knows wat he doin in terms of warrior football so jus bak an chill

watch the man bring we glory

breds im not a passive person, nor am i docile, i am aggressive and want results, always strive for better, i dont see why we should juss relax for 2 months when we could b preparing and beenhakker taking a vacation, let him do some wuk and work with the locals and maybe even a reserve team, the ttff have beenie sittin around doing nothing for 2 months and man cussin me, no wonder we take so long 2 get on track

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »
Ah Guess Arenas is ah real chupidy for sorting out he non -regulars then !!!
Warrior For Life !!

fabio

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 11:01:57 AM »
IS TEN WEEKS BEFORE WE NEXT GAME RAS? :o

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 11:03:05 AM »
IS TEN WEEKS BEFORE WE NEXT GAME RAS? :o

2 1/2 f**kin months....
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Have some faith..........Beenie has done this all his life......
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 11:13:49 AM »
Fellahs, men making some valid points about the long lay-off and the players on the periphery, but let us not forget that Beenieman is ah wily-old fox, with plenty football knowlegde. He and is assisstants can assess players strengths and weeknesses very effectively.

So they have a clear idea of who can cut it and who cannot, they are doing this at the highest level for a long time and for a living. Also remember that the old trini-coaches way of selecting all the talented players and putting them on a team has failed over and over. Beenie has shown us that a team needs balance (hardworkers and talented players who are collectively willing to play their roles effectively).......Gally was an exception with Strike Squad

Still, we must remember that there is a thing called peeking too early. Beenie and them have been able to scratch out results with 4 and 5 days of preparations and recently with only three days after a long break. Chances are, the time before the world cup will be more than adequate and well timed for success. So have some more faith in Beenie, he is a true professional, his results speak for themselves.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 11:19:25 AM by nigelfabien »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »
Take ah clap dey fabien.... well balanced and well thought out post...

These is my sentiments as well....

Also allyuh don't forget that the U-21's have competition coming up at the end of this month into April.... so TNT football not at a standstill.... PFL starting back soon as well.... allyuh dont be so pessimistic....
We on de right track... have faith...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Have some faith..........Beenie has done this all his life......
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »
Fellahs, men making some valid points about the long lay-off and the players on the perrifery, but let us not forget that Beenieman is ah wily-old fox, with plenty football knowlegde. He and is assisstants can assess players strengths and weeknesses very effectively.

So they have a clear idea of who can cut it and who cannot, they are doing this at the highest level for a long time and for a living. Also remember that the old trini-coaches way of selecting all the talented players and putting them on a team has failed over and over. Beenie has shown us that a team needs balance (hardworkers and talented players who are collectively willing to play their roles effectively).......Gally was an exception with Strike Squad

Still, we must remember that there is a thing called peeking too early. Beenie and them have been able to scratch out results with 4 and 5 days of preparations and recently with only three days after a long break. Chances are, the time before the world cup will be more than adequate and well timed for success. So have some more faith in Beenie, he is a true professional, his results speak for themselves.

ENT!!

how idiots like TI only wanna question de man.

yuh like ah ole naggin wife.

is remind meh who yuh married to.

Beenie will do the best possible job.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »
Trinbago are you RELATED to M.r. TriniInfinite

You should be the last one askin me that question........didn't you get or almost get 2-tickets last week...

Anyways the point of my post was:

1. It is a long layoff, what are your thoughts (the board) on it
2. I understand Beenie is a master, but he is doin his own thing right now,..his assistants could be doing what I simply suggested if at all
3. Could we learn something from Arenas..
Warrior For Life !!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 11:58:42 AM »
i think TI is right,we need more games,the team needs more exposure,we need to do exactly wat america is doin.when de usa cut we arse allyuh does want to talk ah packah shit.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »
We are in the same boat as everyone else and the long lay off is not going to put us at a disadvantage, in fact we have more games lined up that a majority of WC particpants. It's like this, if you are available for long training camps, it means that you're not attached to a club and not playing competitive football. The fact of the matter is, PFL is starting soon, MLS soon and the British league is still going. All of the players that Beenhakker is considering are playing in those league with the exception of Yorke, who will be out of season. Looking at players playing with their clubs in a competive environment is just as good as watching them play against weak opposition like Bermuda and local club teams. How many countries worth playing can we get to play outside of a FIFA sanctioned date, not many. We have certain parameters to work within as everyone else and we just have to make the best of it. This is not an U-17 team where the men are not attached to clubs, all the players that will make the final and even those on the fringes would more or less be playing football where they can be assessed in a competitive arena.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 12:53:36 PM »
Hear nah, who going and PAY for all them 'by-de-way' friendlies to check out the crumbs who cyah make the team anyway ?  TTFF pocket done stretch already.

Allyuh know how much it does cost to hold a game ?...and it don't make no difference whether is a full strength team or A team or B team, is cost per player whether man shitty or not.  That cost could run we a cool million dollars based on the TTFF audit statements from past games.

Arenas have real money at his disposal, plus most of the players living and playing right in the US, so is no biggy for them to come together.  USA done play 'bout 4 games already.  Who we going to bring to play for us, PFL rejects ?  When the game come off the stadium empty because man only want to see Latas and Yorke.  And what foreign teams willing to come to play try-outs...apart from the caribbean teams who rated around 120 in the rankings.
Jamaica certainly not coming....them getting big games for warm-ups.

Beenie and his cohorts probably still involved with orgainsing training facilities, gyms, dietary supplies, interviews, information services and scouting the oppositions games until May.  The man say four weeks before the WC is plenty time for the team to gel, let we trust him on that.

Yuh see the difference a good professional league does make in yuh country.  Players are homegrown...Gally had that in '89 (albeit without the pros), USA have most of their players from the MLS, Mexico as well.  Hopefully our PFL will reach the standard where we could easily field a competitive team of mostly locals, then friendlies won't be so expensive.

Jayerson yuh sum it up good too bredda.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »
yep, we would only get shit teams outside of the fifa dates, beenie knows most of the 23 already wen he says hes not closing the door its for guys like shakes and sam who may come back and hit form. theres not many players in the pro league good enuff to play in a world cup beenie knos the league is week but any players good enuff like whitley will stand out. but i would have liked to see a local squad play a few friendlies in the lead up to the peru game but its wether its worth the hassle/cost. thats some of the squad possibly

Hislop
Jack
Warner

Lawrence
Andrews
Gray
John
Cox
Sancho
Spann

Birchall
Yorke
Whitley
Edwards
Latapy

John
Jones
Samuel
Scotland

Ince maybe

theobald maybe
shakes maybe
neaves maybe
Rahim maybe
Bocoud maybe

Glenn maybe
Sealy maybe
Sam maybe

plus a few others

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Have some faith..........Beenie has done this all his life......
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »
Fellahs, men making some valid points about the long lay-off and the players on the periphery, but let us not forget that Beenieman is ah wily-old fox, with plenty football knowlegde. He and is assisstants can assess players strengths and weeknesses very effectively.

You making sense.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 01:40:36 PM »
Why men doh stop talking foolishness? Who Beenie have to look at again and who didn't have the chance to impress pre-WC? Dwarika, Hardess, Evans Wise?  These players particularly Wise and Dwarika have had prolonged stints to show what they can do.  Hardess born and livin in T&T.  why was he not on the team before?  Could it be that Beenie is not suitably impressed by these folks.  Additionally, if you are van Basten, you have your pick of quality players who playing in the best leagues in the World - you looking for men in form.  The likelihood that you will find a difference maker in the Pro-League that has gone unnoticed at this point is virtually nil and there is the question if you find such a person is whether he can translate that to international football.  When you have a lack of class players (which is the case with us) you have to depend on men who tried and tested and COMMITTED TO THE CAUSE.  Not man who born and grow in T&T and now hustling to make the side.  Look at Latapy.  I sure 99.99% of people on this board would have said Latapy have to start for T&T but BEEnie knows that a) Latapy is 37 b) that he is easily marked out of games against high quality opposition and c) even when he was young he was a defensive liability.  So he has gone for younger players who play up and down the pitch like Birchall & Whitley.  The man is a boss and to hear men say that he closing the door too early is absurd secoind-guessing of a man who has proven his worth at the highest level of the game.  What is even more absurd is the has beens, retreads and never-was that people saying should be given a second look.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 06:11:59 PM »
TI you right to keep questioning. I agree that Leo knows better than anyone what he doing. But it is up to us to ask questions. We have to, we need to not just show up at the watering hole but we need to be able to take a drink, and by us pressing, we can cause others to become thirsty.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »
The one thing Beenie doesn't have is the luxury of having most of his team in the same place.  10 weeks might seem to be a long lay-off but I guess his plan is that the more high level competition the team plays closer to WC the better match prepared they will be. Come May it will be a case of 5 games in 5 weeks and he won't have to worry about clubs and people being available. Then again people might argue against that saying that he might run the risk of injury. I'm sure he has a fair idea of who will comprise the core team and it's a matter of working out little glitches like the left side.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2006, 06:28:47 PM »
Long lay off from what??.

In Beenie's mind, he has seen what he thinks is sufficient and will pick a pre-squad of 28, nothing wrong with that.

These players are professionals, they going back to their respective clubs with the impression that they have to perform creditably at club level and maintain their fitness (every player responsible for he own fitness eh) and be ready for when they are called again. Its not like the go be liming outside Smokey and Bunty, they will be training hard and trying to impress at their respective clubs. At least thats the way I feel.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2006, 06:50:07 PM »
who knows why there is such a long lay-off, buh if beenie wanted to sort through players he woulda do that long time, like d US when they start playing friendlies since January with 2nd n 3rd string players and only now Arena start callin back d US professionals based in Europe... i think beenie tellin we that he only see about 28 players from tnt that good enough to make a WC squad... if he thought about 35 to 40 players are WC quality he woulda have earlier frieldlies for them.

One good thing bout beenie is that his actions speak as loud and louder than words and he seems to be a very consistent coach, not coping and changing tactics and philosophies along the way.

yuh make a good point dey......I feel by now we should stop questioning beenhackers coaching methods, coaching ability or coaching decisions.....the man has been successfull everywhere he went including coaching T&T and he's done what no other coach has ever done for we and ah sure he eh do it by luck so alyuh sit down relax alyuh self ah let de man do he work ;D

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

yuh make a good point dey......I feel by now we should stop questioning beenhackers coaching methods, coaching ability or coaching decisions.....the man has been successfull everywhere he went including coaching T&T and he's done what no other coach has ever done for we and ah sure he eh do it by luck so alyuh sit down relax alyuh self ah let de man do he work ;D

Nah man we is fans... don't stop asking questions.... but let them be well thought out intelligent questions.... man like dey does roll out ah bed and start to type wha ever dey dream last night yes....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »

Nah man we is fans... don't stop asking questions.... but let them be well thought out intelligent questions.... man like dey does roll out ah bed and start to type wha ever dey dream last night yes....

ent, and it frustrating because it is the same offenders more often than not.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 08:00:27 PM »
I agree Beenie is a good coach but really Beenie say he wasn't impressed with Samuels. One game in that ten weeks against a lesser team with the "fringe players" getting a full run can't hurt. I agree that the cost might make it improbable and that we probably not going to get a huge improvement any way. But it is a valid opinion.

The fact that Beenie is drawing a salary and doing no wuk is a very good point also. I wouldn't ah mind if he ran a few sessions with the U-21 teams, even if it not in his job description.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

Including the 8-10 guaranteed spots on the team we literally have about 30-35 persons vying to make the final 28 that Beenie is going to select.....

We should be trying to sort out the remaing 20-people...leave those guranteed 8-10 out since we are confident in their style and what they bring to the team, and play matches against some international minnows...just to have a better idea of who you want to select...

Bringing in 6-subs on to play a couple mins does NOT provide a true assesment...

Did you watch the world cup qualifiers last year?  If you did and paid attention to the team sheets you would realize that there were about 15 names (not 8-10) that appeared quite regularly in Beenie's 21-man squads and another 5 or so that were in and out the squad at various times.  Even if there were 30-35 people vying to make the squad most of these men who haven't played for Beenie yet are very much ON THE FRINGE and have almost zero chance of getting any playing time in Germany.  Do you all realize there will be 12 men who going to be riding the bench every game in Germany with only 3 subs allowed per game?  We might as well leave the benchwarming to those men who were involved at some point along the journey.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Men talking out dey ass.

So, exactly what do you call the senior team camp in Florida where local hopefuls played 2 friendlies and had a short camp, recently concluded?

And tell me, what do you call the 3 under 21 games that just played in the US against 2 MLS teams and the Under 17 team from which some unheralded youths got their opportunity to stake a claim for a WC chance?

We organize 6 friendlies and 3 camps between the local hopefuls, under 21s (also including mostly locals) and the full senior team and men still complaining. Besides the US, name another football federation that has that breadth of players so busy in the last 2 to 3 months? You think is a fluke we could have a bunch of fellas who eh play together since November, some of them eh even playing right now..yet the playing a disciplined organized system in the biting cold no less, when our WC rivals such as Sweden and Paraguay and even England look disjointed and rusty.  Noone say we cyah ask for more, but take a step back and realize that real positive work is being done fellas. And everybody have the same problem with the friendly calendar being so sparse. I am sure more players will get a look as the MLS and PFL start back. And doh forget how PFL coaches real fight down Beenie before we had qualify when Beenie had try to call them into a local camp...now you blaming Beenie for not looking at enough locals...THis kinda talk is ridiculous...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 11:15:53 PM »
Men talking out dey ass.

So, exactly what do you call the senior team camp in Florida where local hopefuls played 2 friendlies and had a short camp, recently concluded?

And tell me, what do you call the 3 under 21 games that just played in the US against 2 MLS teams and the Under 17 team from which some unheralded youths got their opportunity to stake a claim for a WC chance?

We organize 6 friendlies and 3 camps between the local hopefuls, under 21s (also including mostly locals) and the full senior team and men still complaining. Besides the US, name another football federation that has that breadth of players so busy in the last 2 to 3 months? You think is a fluke we could have a bunch of fellas who eh play together since November, some of them eh even playing right now..yet the playing a disciplined organized system in the biting cold no less, when our WC rivals such as Sweden and Paraguay and even England look disjointed and rusty.  Noone say we cyah ask for more, but take a step back and realize that real positive work is being done fellas. And everybody have the same problem with the friendly calendar being so sparse. I am sure more players will get a look as the MLS and PFL start back. And doh forget how PFL coaches real fight down Beenie before we had qualify when Beenie had try to call them into a local camp...now you blaming Beenie for not looking at enough locals...THis kinda talk is ridiculous...

You are taking my point out of context read it again !!:

Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>