April 19, 2024, 06:34:50 AM

Author Topic: Can Leo be critisized for team selection and preparation ?  (Read 4769 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Can Leo be critisized for team selection and preparation ?
« on: March 03, 2006, 08:44:18 PM »
Just reading Franz beckenbauer´s comments on the coach of german national football team made me realise that we have quickly gone from a very critical people to a people who now accepts everything from the ¨holy one ¨.
While giving his support for the coach,  Beckenbauer was quick to remark that certain statements from the coach just did not make sense. Now in our society, at least on this forum, no one criticises the coach or any of his plans or selections. This is a far cry fro the strong footballing nations where every action is under scrutiny, after all the nations hopes are riding on the eventual outcomes and no one man is infallible.
I have observed the ... you know more than the coach attitude of some forumites... and I for one am not convinced that this coach has everything under control. It is new territory for our coach as he has never been to the world cup in a head coach capacity. When Gally was the coach all the armchair critics had their say ...not now !
Sheep go one way my people ....to slaughter .... they never question their leader ..it is the nature of the beast !
I am no sheep and have grave concerns that we are just been treated as a  step in advancing the career of a coach who had long fallen from grace on the world stage.
I would prefer to see this coach treat us as the next best thing after slice bread .... I am not convinced with this... see you next month business...we are not like the other teams and therefore much more preparation  is needed by us before we hit  the world stage.
This coach has to do  more than just watch the time go away while we may be slipping on the docks of the bay !

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can Leo be critisized for team selection and preparation ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:57:34 PM »
breds..your point well taken, but this post is late. In the last 2 days we had a long discussion on what Beenie should be doing between now and the next friendly match..I would help you find it, but I figure you could use some practice finding old posts. it eh that old...trinbago started it...it called '10 weeks before our next game...is that wise'..and it have people arguing both sides of the fence. see....we are not a herd of sheep..we are just of varying opinion
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 08:59:37 PM by Filho »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »
It is new territory for our coach as he has never been to the world cup in a head coach capacity.

Wasnt Beenhakker the Dutch national coach at the 1990 world cup?

People arent going to criticise a coach who is getting results and who is bringing the best theyve seen out of a team.

Not sure what you mean but when Stern John was out of form, many criticised the decision to keep him in the starting lineup. We all know how that turned out. Some still criticise his decisions to leave certain players out (eg. Sancho)

But the fact is his decisions seem to be working so far and our team keeps improving, so there isnt much bad that people can say about him.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »
It is new territory for our coach as he has never been to the world cup in a head coach capacity.

Wasnt Beenhakker the Dutch national coach at the 1990 world cup?

People arent going to criticise a coach who is getting results and who is bringing the best theyve seen out of a team.

Not sure what you mean but when Stern John was out of form, many criticised the decision to keep him in the starting lineup. We all know how that turned out. Some still criticise his decisions to leave certain players out (eg. Sancho)

But the fact is his decisions seem to be working so far and our team keeps improving, so there isnt much bad that people can say about him.

yea is only TI cricticisin de man... and well thats becuase hes a bit of an idiot.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:32:24 PM »
Did u see the last game vs Iceland horse? Critisize all yuh want, the man getting the job done. And don't flatter yuhself, u aint no Franz Beckenbaur. Franz have credentials and experience. What world cup squad u ever coach?
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »
Did u see the last game vs Iceland horse? Critisize all yuh want, the man getting the job done. And don't flatter yuhself, u aint no Franz Beckenbaur. Franz have credentials and experience. What world cup squad u ever coach?

JAI JOHN FOR TI's ASSISTANT

BEENJAKKER the 2nd!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »
I would prefer to see this coach treat us as the next best thing after slice bread .... I am not convinced with this... see you next month business...we are not like the other teams and therefore much more preparation  is needed by us before we hit  the world stage.
This coach has to do  more than just watch the time go away while we may be slipping on the docks of the bay !
All you have put here is a bunch of negative rambling and you haven't raised any specific objections to somethings Beenhakker does. If you read the posts in the forum, you'll see people are objective. If you're merely saying it's bad because we agree with what he's done, you're a waste of time.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »
What Leo has done with the Team any sensible coach could have done that. We have the talent and skill, we have never had acoach with the sense to do what he is doing. Simoes was the closest but he was more concerned with development than instant success. Right now we are all in that euphoric place, but June is fast approaching. The reality will soon set in, of how large the WC really is. Have you ever been on a pitch with a hundred thousand people in the stands and competeing against guys you only see on television? It's not so simple as it sounds.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 10:00:50 PM »
What Leo has done with the Team any sensible coach could have done that. We have the talent and skill, we have never had acoach with the sense to do what he is doing. Simoes was the closest but he was more concerned with development than instant success. Right now we are all in that euphoric place, but June is fast approaching. The reality will soon set in, of how large the WC really is. Have you ever been on a pitch with a hundred thousand people in the stands and competeing against guys you only see on television? It's not so simple as it sounds.

You see thats where men like Yorke and Don Leo come in.

They have that kind of experience.

With Don Leo he has had experience with that in every fashion and form of the game.

and considering the fellahz refer to him as a father figure im sure they'll be asking him all about the tradition like a child would to his parent around christmas time.

they will be well breifed.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »
Becks could say anything he damn well please....he won on both ends, as a player and as coach....and he know more football than you me and TI. Wit Gally - he almost get we dey.....at the time all ah dem mouth murders could say what dey want...in none ah dem could say anything about Don Leo's selection...until it stop wukkin..yuh kyah fix what eh brokken....except Hardest and Dwarika.... :devil:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 11:21:28 PM »
Becks could say anything he damn well please....he won on both ends, as a player and as coach....and he know more football than you me and TI. Wit Gally - he almost get we dey.....at the time all ah dem mouth murders could say what dey want...in none ah dem could say anything about Don Leo's selection...until it stop wukkin..yuh kyah fix what eh brokken....except Hardest and Dwarika.... :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Tongues yes.

stewps.

OH GARM.

give de man some leway!!

yuh cyah see he desperately tryin tuh get Hardest and Dwarika fit.

De problem...well... he method is tuh lure dem out de house wit a 10 piece and a snack pack box.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 03:16:19 AM »
i right here, go and report to ur massa beenhakker and tell him ah still not sold on his prep

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 07:44:50 AM »
I must admit when Benie took over this team and started doing his thing, i was critical of the way certain things were being done but i came to realize he was getting results so my reasoning , what ever he is doing is right.

I remember clearly when i posted it was always said to me Benie's job is to get us to the WC finals anything else is Icing on the Cake,i can't understand why we panicking like this,off course any Coach can be criticized,in the game of Football Fans,Coaches,Players see the game differently,unless you are not directly involved you will never know what should or should not be done,who should and should not be picked,when the team should practice,play warm-up games etc

A lot of what you guys are saying is quite valid but there must be some reason why the program leading up to the WC finals is the way it is,not because a Coach isn't out on the field coaching,doing tryouts etc he is having a good time,a coach's job is never done a good Coach is always working 24 hrs a day,your mind is forever thinking about the game and i can tell you it's a thankless job.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »
Nothing matter until the games begin. Only then can one review and make a decision. If he has success everyone will say job spot on. If not the critics will say dis and dat
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 09:48:23 AM »
Right now we are all in that euphoric place, but June is fast approaching. The reality will soon set in, of how large the WC really is. Have you ever been on a pitch with a hundred thousand people in the stands and competeing against guys you only see on television? It's not so simple as it sounds.

Have you?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 10:32:23 AM »
BUT de ting is you ent go be happy cause as soon as you see yaself in ah mirror you go start a thread ........DE @$$ HOLE IN DE MIRROR

OH SHITE!!!!!!!  :-X

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 01:13:41 PM »
Nothing matter until the games begin. Only then can one review and make a decision. If he has success everyone will say job spot on. If not the critics will say dis and dat

Of course by then it will be too late to change anything !
My point was that great coiaches are up for scrutiny and I gave klinsman as an example. Peckerman who has already won 3 youth world cups is being criticisized so is Perreira who has already tasted glory. If you were to ask a question about Beenhakker on this forum you get a ...the coach knows what he is doing so shut up ......well better than him are being questioned so why not him ?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 01:26:24 PM »
I don't see the point of this topic, whether you like the  coach selection or not, we are not in the training camp to see what the coach is doing and how the players are performing, do we still have to question what Beenie has done for our team and country, the results speak for themselves, 5 games unbeaten, c'mon we were not even dreaming of this last year this same time after our first game against USA.

We have  to be behind the coach and team 100% that's all

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »

My point was that great coiaches are up for scrutiny and I gave klinsman as an example. Peckerman who has already won 3 youth world cups is being criticisized so is Perreira who has already tasted glory. If you were to ask a question about Beenhakker on this forum you get a ...the coach knows what he is doing so shut up ......well better than him are being questioned so why not him ?

The people in this forum aren't fools. If you come with great, objective critisism, there is no doubt that some will agree with you.  But u are failing to say anything, other than "i should be able to critisize we coach."
Of course u can Fleckin critisize! Just make sure u come correct! Because like it or not, Beenie is getting results.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »

The people in this forum aren't fools. If you come with great, objective critisism, there is no doubt that some will agree with you.  But u are failing to say anything, other than "i should be able to critisize we coach."
Of course u can Fleckin critisize! Just make sure u come correct! Because like it or not, Beenie is getting results.

you may be more objective and say ...if you have a point make it.. but others are not so generous. i did however raise a concern that no one so far has commented on .....  ¨i am not convinced with this see you next month business ..... we are not like the other teams and therfore more preparation is needed before we hit the world stage ¨
what i see is that i am no beckenbauer and i never coach no world cup team ??? what about the point I raised  ? eveybody happy with the see you later approach ??

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »

Those examplesare not relevant. Klinsmann is not a great coach. He is a young coach in his first job managing a great country. He will get criticism because better have come before him and the critics have valid points. Pekerman is in a similar position managing a country with a great history. There is no problem in deferring to his better judgement because whether he makes mistakes or not, he is the best man for the job. With our talent, pedigree and expectations weare not in a position to criticize him the way Germany or Argentina would criticize their coaches because they have different expectations.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »

well i must ask you if while you were at school if you ever questioned  any of your teachers ?? i am sure you did and it was not because you were a teacher yourself or that you thought yourself better than the teacher. It probably was because you did not agree or understand what was being said or done ...or maybe I am assuming too much.
I never coached any world cup team...we didn´t make it ...and i am no beckenbauer but the power in world football is not the coach or the president or the special adviser ...it is fan power. ordinary people who pay their money to be entertained and support their team. i dont know about you but i have contributed effort, money and time to national football over the years and yet i only speak as a fan and supporter now. Dont underestimate the power of those who ask why or those willing to question the accepted thing....if that was not done the world world still be flat and the Emperor would be still stark naked !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »

i dont agree brother and i feel if you dont agree with somethoing the Prime Minister has done, as a citizen you could question it too. This is a football coach and everyone before him and those who come after will have to be kept on their toes. we have fallen to many charlatans as a society and you know what.... with  foreigners more so than the locals. If he was a local with the same credentials i wonder what your response would have been then ??

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2006, 04:20:54 PM »
I think any coach even Leo  can be criticized of team selection and preparation, but who is to argue went the guy is doing the right thing...meaning selecting players, preparing and winning games

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 05:06:35 PM »

have you ever heard or seen a coach who was not subject to criticism??? Scolari was criticized up until he won the cup. Perriera won the cup and up to today people say his team did not play the Brazilian Way. Its the nature of the business. Otto Rehagal siad it best ' 120,000 in the stadium and the only one who does not know football is the coach."

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »
Beenie is the coach and as coach he has his plans outlined and he knows what he is doing......the only problem I have with him is that the locally based players should be playing more international competition even if their chances of going to Germany is slim.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 05:41:42 PM »
Beenie is the coach and as coach he has his plans outlined and he knows what he is doing......the only problem I have with him is that the locally based players should be playing more international competition even if their chances of going to Germany is slim.

Dat eh free you know
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »
True it eh free....but they could go Jamaica, play a couple of South Americam teams a couple of MLS teams...if we really want it..it could have happened..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2006, 07:48:39 PM »

Dat eh free you know

stewps.

so why not get a shit coach instead and save some ah ttff beloved money right?

or maybe we can shield the goverment's pockets that are running dry so quickly  ::)

stewps. i wish that icon didnt smile.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 07:58:16 PM by Jefferz »

1]; } ?>