April 23, 2024, 04:57:32 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke Official Thread  (Read 95637 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke makes surprise visit to Vietnam
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
Dwight Yorke makes surprise visit to Vietnam
talkvietnam.com

he Trinidad & Tobago striker, who helped Manchester United win the 1999 European Champions League title, is an FIFA ambassador for the global tour of the World Cup Trophy, funded by Coca-Cola.

Former Manchester United (MU) striker Dwight Yorke took centre stage at a Gala Dinner in Hanoi on January 2 to welcome the FIFA World Cup Trophy to Vietnam.

He told the press it was a great honour of him to come to Vietnam – a beautiful and hospitable nation.

He said he was excited to see crowds of Vietnamese football fans welcome the presence of the World Cup Trophy in Hanoi.

Yorke said he wants to inspire a football-loving spirit among people around the world. “I am happy because I can bring happiness to others,” he confided.

Yorke expressed his hope that Vietnamese football will qualify for the World Cup finals in the future.

Born in 1971 in Canaan, Trinidad and Tobago, Dwight Yorke started his career by playing for Aston Villa FC for nine years. He then joined Manchester United, a move which helped him climb to the top of his career with three historic scores in 1999.

Nicknamed “The Smiling Assassin”, Yorke performed for MU over four years, playing in 95 matches and scoring 47 goals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke Official Thread
« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2014, 02:16:52 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DAzClwlJ_oU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DAzClwlJ_oU</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:25 PM »
Nice. Certainly the best to come from the Caribbean..

Not sure if this was ever posted. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgqhm-_6iU

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:20:59 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke meets his Malaysian fans
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:18 PM »
Yorke meets his Malaysian fans
By K.M. Boopathy (New Straits Times)

HISTORY is against the European teams, including defending champions Spain, winning the World Cup. And former Manchester United star Dwight Yorke has predicted that one of the South American teams will win the 2014 edition.

Yorke, who starred for Trinidad and Tobago in the 2006 World Cup, said this year's World Cup is unpredictable but he puts his money on the South American teams.

Yorke, who is currently in Kuala Lumpur as a Fifa ambassador for the World Cup Tour by Coca Cola, said his personal pick is five-time champions Brazil.

However, he felt that some of Brazil's continental rivals are also in contention.

"History shows no European team has gone to South America and won the World Cup," said Yorke yesterday.

"I will go with one of the South American teams and my favourite is Brazil who have played at home and abroad. If not them, one will come from South America.

"Spain have dominated the game for several years but I still see the South American teams, including the likes of Uruguay and Argentina winning."

Yorke, despite achieving a treble with Manchester United in 1999-2000,  said the greatest moment of his career was  playing in the 2006 World Cup for his country.

"I have won a treble with United and have been successful as a professional but my ultimate moment is playing in the 2006 World Cup in Germany."

"Not all the top professionals have got the opportunity to play in the World Cup and I am one of the privileged players to have done so."

Yorke poured cold water on United's chances of winning the Premier League title this year, saying it will take some time before his former team can achieve success under manager David Moyes.

"This has been a difficult year for United with new manager Moyes in place. It is highly unlikely that (winning the league title) will happen," said Yorke.

"Maybe winning a cup and doing well in the Champions League would be more realistic."

Yesterday, football fans had the opportunity to have a close-up view of the World Cup as well as meeting Yorke at the Putra World Trade Centre.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Would be excited to play in ISL: Ex Man-U striker Yorke
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
Would be excited to play in ISL: Ex Man-U striker Yorke
By Indo Asian News Service

Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke Saturday said he would be excited about playing in the Indian Super League (ISL), but contrary to reports in the local media, hadn't signed any contract with the organisers of the tournament - IMG Reliance.

The much-touted ISL was due to be held from January to March but, for the second time, was postponed to September.

Media reports claimed that the former Trinidad and Tobago striker along with former Sweden captain and Arsenal star Fredrik Ljungberg, ex-Argentina striker Hernan Crespo and former France and Arsenal winger Robert Pires had signed for the ISL.

"If it happens, I would be very excited about taking part in it. Talks have been ongoing but I haven't signed any contract with anyone," Yorke said at a partnership launch between Chevrolet India and Manchester United.

Yorke, who had a brief coaching stint in 2010 as an assistant manager with the Trinidad and Tobago national team, said coaching was his passion and it would be ideal to start his career in India.

"Coaching is my passion and I'm working towards getting an A license to become a manager. Managing in India, ideally would be my first step," said Yorke.

Yorke said there was a big difference in the popularity of football in India from 10 years ago.

"Football is catching up in India. There are so many people who follow football religiously here. What India needs is one player to break out and make it to one of the big leagues. That situation would be ideal," he remarked.

Speaking about Manchester United's dismal form in the English Premier League this season, Yorke said that the transitional period was proving to be very difficult for the club.

"Fergie (Alex Ferguson - former manager) leaving the club has not worked out well but we need to give the current manager (David Moyes) all the backing.

"It is a time for damage limitation. Now, we need to work towards qualifying for the European Champions League by finishing in the top four," said Yorke.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Legendary former footballer Dwight Yorke gets up close with Indian fans
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2014, 01:29:28 PM »
Legendary former footballer Dwight Yorke gets up close with Indian fans
Newstrack India

Chevrolet today celebrates its partnership with Manchester United in India. Legendary former player Dwight Yorke visited the country to get up close with Indian football fans as part of the United Trophy Tour in the country. As the Official Automotive Partner of Manchester United, Chevrolet pledges to unite supporters around the world through the game of football. Chevrolet believes in putting fans first in the partnership, developing unique and once in a lifetime opportunities to bring Manchester United supporters and enthusiasts closer to their team and give back to the game they love.

“Chevrolet is extremely proud to connect Manchester United with its passionate supporters in India. The long association of Chevrolet with football in India is a testimony to the great belief Chevrolet has in the game of football that has the unique capability to unite people all around the world,” said Lowell Paddock, President and Managing Director, General Motors India. From the 2014-15 season onwards, Chevrolet will be the shirt sponsor of the most popular football team in the world, Manchester United. As part of the United Trophy Tour in India, Chevrolet is giving fans the chance to get up close with Dwight Yorke and see the Barclays Premier League Trophy.

“It is a great honour to be able to promote the fantastic relationship between Manchester United and Chevrolet to our Indian fans. The chance to meet some of our 4.5 million followers is something I am very excited about, and gives us a wonderful opportunity to promote football in India. Events like this provide a key platform to unite our fans around the World,” said Dwight Yorke, ex-Manchester United striker.

As part of its deep commitment to the game of football in India, Chevrolet also plans to donate 20,000 nearly indestructible footballs through the year to children who cannot buy, afford or maintain a football across various locations in the country. Chevrolet plans to give away 1.5 million One World Futbols worldwide over the next three years to children living under different circumstances in impoverished areas, conflict zones and refugee camps, giving them the “Power of Play”.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
Somebody tell the man we have some fans in Central too...if he remember where that is..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2014, 03:19:11 AM »
Yorke won’t mind coaching in India.
By SHaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Dwight Yorke said he would consider coaching in India in the next couple years if ever the opportunity came knocking.

Speaking in Mumbai earlier this month while on a trip as a Manchester United ambassador, Yorke, who has been linked to join the new Indian Premier League as a player, said the game is growing in India.

“I will be qualified to become a manager in the next eight months when I get my license. In the next one year and a half, I will see from where I will start.”

Asked if he would love to coach the Indian team in future.

“Of course, I would love to. It’s not my first visit in India and I know football is passionate here,” said Yorke.

“I think India is passionate about football, especially the youth. I feel that tournaments like the proposed ISL (Indian Soccer League) would go a long way in raising the profile of the game in the country.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke relishing the chance to emulate Sir Alex
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2014, 08:18:35 AM »
Dwight Yorke relishing the chance to emulate Sir Alex
By Kenny Laurie (sport360.com)

Sir Alex Ferguson’s shadow still looms large over Manchester United. When former player and treble winner Dwight Yorke landed in Dubai this week, on a DHL tour of the Premier League trophy, every other answer seemed to contain a reference to the legenadary Scot. On top of that, free copies of the boss’s new autobiography were being given out on every table.

Ferguson was the man who presided over Yorke’s best years as a player, but even he found it hard to rein in his star striker.

The Tobagan was known for enjoying a night out and had a number of high-profile flings, even going as far as to say that he chose that lifestyle over another season of trophy hoarding at Manchester United.

A brilliant goalscorer, Yorke was often as big a headache for the managers he played for, as he was troublesome for the defenders he played against. Funny then that he plans to put himself in the position of his old mentors and deal with the sort of problems that he used to create.

“It’s no secret I want to stay in football, I was fortunate to play for such a great club. Football has been a big part of my life, and I do want to be a manager, so if that opportunity comes along...”

'Opportunity' is the important word there. It will be interesting to see how many show themselves. Yorke is currently on course to be a fully-qualified manager by the end of this year, but how much will his reputation stand in his way – not to mention English football’s shamefully poor record of employing black managers.

Despite being known for his laid back approach, Yorke appears dead set on getting a top job and almost scoffs when it is suggested that he’d probably have to prove himself in a lower division before harbouring dreams of taking over a major club. He is more worried about getting a second chance if he fails the first time.

“You see now someone like Clarence Seedorf (getting the AC Milan job with no experience). I think I won’t have too many opportunities if I become a manager, I won’t get three or four chances, I think it would be a one-off. I have to do what I did my entire career which is go into something and make it happen.

“So when I take that job or when the job presents itself, it has to be the right one that will prepare me for the future. I won’t be able to come back if I fail.

“That’s why you have to choose your job, the one that you think gives you the best chance of being successful; you’re not going to take it for taking-it’s sake.

“That’s where I’m at, the job I’m looking for is one that would be substantial and give me the best opportunity to get the best out of players and get them to a certain standard. I won’t be jumping into anything just for the sake of it. It has to be the right one.”

Yorke’s old boss Fergie probably always felt that his star striker didn’t listen to him enough. But the former striker didn’t have the blinkers on when he turned up for training every morning. Yorke studied Ferguson’s methods and witnessed first hand what motivational techniques he used to get the best out of his players.

For Yorke, taking Fergie’s man management lessons was the biggest key for him.“There are so many things you can learn from Sir Alex. In his day he really fought and gave young players the opportunity to come through.

“I think the game is slightly different now, it’s all about man management of players. Yes, it is doing some coaching on the training field. But at the end of the day, it’s convincing big players to perform week in week out with big wages, that’s the challenge for you as a manager.

“I have just come out of football, only four years ago, so I have seen things from the 80s to 2009. So, I’ve been in the dressing room for a long time and seen the changes each decade and it is all about managing players, convincing them.

“It’s about keeping them in the team and speaking to guys who are very wealthy and keeping them inspired, making sure they are training and playing, and the ones that are not happy, how to keep a balanced dressing room. That’s where the challenge really lies.

“From the outside it looks very difficult and intangible, but when you have a manager that just drives you, you just keep looking over your shoulder and you learn.

“I remember scoring a hat-trick once and I was dropped the next game. And I thought “where did that come from? But it was because I simply didn’t train properly during the week and Sir Alex picked up on that and picked someone else who had been better than me in training.

“The last game has gone so that has nothing to do with playing the next game. That’s why Sir Alex was really good. That’s the stick.

“Training was like a game every time you turned up. You’re playing for your position whoever you are. Sure, there were a couple of players who maybe were exceptional and played no matter what, but in my position I had Teddy [Sheringham] and Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] and [Andy] Cole breathing down my neck 24/7, so you had to be constantly there and if you’re not on your game or training up to scratch then you won’t get a game. It forced you to keep pushing.”

Yorke clearly feels he is ready. It’s also fair to note that he wouldn’t be the first troublesome striker to turn from poacher to gamekeeper, with a certain Glaswegian a particular case in point.

Could Yorke ever follow in his old boss’s footsteps? Can anyone?

“Nobody’s going to come close to him.”

Top five career highlights

March 1990 - Making an impression
After impressing for a local side in the West Indies during an Aston Villa pre-season tour, Yorke is given a contract and makes his debut in a 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace.

March 1996 - Taste of silverware
Yorke led Aston Villa to triumph in the League Cup, netting in a 3-0 win over Leeds United

August 1998 - On the move
The striker signed for Manchester United for £12.6 million, enraging Villa fans and manager John Gregory.

May 1999 - Treble glory
Yorke plays an integral part in United’s treble season, including their incredible 2-1 Champions League final win.

March 2006 - Down Under
Yorke bags an A League title with Sydney FC in Australia.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2014, 08:40:02 AM »
Dwight Yorke ranked #11 on the list of Manchester United's 30 greatest foreign imports
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948294-manchester-uniteds-30-greatest-foreign-imports/page/21

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2014, 06:29:39 PM »
Watch United legend Dwight Yorke try his luck as a GOALIE against Young, Fellaini and Buttner
By Ben Burrows (mirror.co.uk)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rk9WccwU9GM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rk9WccwU9GM</a>

Dwight Yorke made himself a legend at Manchester United by banging in the goals.

But now he's donned the goalkeeping gloves to try and keep them out in this hilarious clip.

After a bit of much-needed coaching the former-front man feels he's proven himself up to the bwin goalkeeping challenge.

Enter United first-teamers Ashley Young, Marouane Fellaini and Alexander Buttner to pepper him with shots.

How does he get on? You'll have to watch above and find out...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
 :salute: Better than expected ...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2014, 09:49:47 PM »
Some decent ball handling.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »
Williams, Phillips
Yorke
 :-\

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2014, 03:14:25 AM »
Williams, Phillips
Yorke
 :-\

:beermug: :beermug:

Seriously some people are just good all round.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aston Villa Nostalgia: A look back at the career of Dwight Yorke
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »
Aston Villa Nostalgia: A look back at the career of Dwight Yorke
Birmingham Mail

Dwight Yorke's arrival at - and departure from - Aston Villa left a lasting impression on supporters.

Forget for a moment the controversial nature of Dwight Yorke's departure to Manchester United, inflamed certainly by John Gregory's announcement that "If I'd had a gun, I would have shot him".

And if fans can put to one side the fact Yorke played at St Andrew's for a few short months, then perhaps they would agree he was one of the most naturally gifted footballers to have pulled on the claret and blue jersey in the last 60 years.

Spotted on a beach by Graham Taylor during a pre-season tour of the West Indies, Yorke had to bide his time before making his mark.

But leave a lasting impression he definitely did.

Yorke sprang to prominence in the early part of the 1991/92 season when scoring against Nottingham Forest in a 3-1 home win in September 1991.

He scored in four successive league games against Wimbledon, Notts County, QPR and Leeds in the following months and ended the season top-scoring with 17 goals, 11 of which came in the league and five in the FA Cup - including a first hat-trick against Derby County - to finish ahead of veteran striker Cyrille Regis.

The following two seasons Yorke hit six and then no league goals as he played second fiddle to Dean Saunders and Dalian Atkinson.

But he scored eight goals in a regular starting place in 1994/95, a season which was a pointer of what was to come because 1995/96 belonged to "Yorkie".

He blasted 17 league goals alongside Savo Milosevic, and 25 in total as Villa clinched fourth place in the league and won the League Cup.

Yorke starred in the final against Leeds, which more than made up for his disappointment at not even making the bench a couple of years earlier.

Another 17 league goals arrived in 1996/97 (20 in total) and 12 in 1997/98 (16 in total), before his move to Old Trafford after just one start in August 1998.

He became just as big a star at United, where he stayed for four seasons.
Full name: Dwight Eversley Yorke.
Date of birth: November 3, 1971.
Born: Canaan, Tobago.
Villa league career: December 1989-August 1998: 231 appearances, 73 goals.
Honours for Villa: League Cup winner 1996.

Fascinating fact: The initial £10,000 paid to Signal Hill was one of the best pieces of business Villa ever did, particularly as he was sold to Manchester United for £12.6million in 1998.

Villa Park highlight: Got over the disappointment of not even making the bench for the March 1994 final against Manchester United by playing a starring role in the 1996 League Cup Final against Leeds when he netted a third goal for the club in the 88th minute to wrap up a comfortable 3-0 victory.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2014, 02:30:29 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke – From a life of abject poverty to wealthy footballer
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
Dwight Yorke – From a life of abject poverty to wealthy footballer
Kreol International Magazine

If there is one consistent story that emerges from sporting leagues around the world, it is the storyline of a young men and women who come from abject poverty and succeed in amassing immense wealth.

Football is one of the most common vehicles for financial success in the world, taking talented youngsters from all corners of the globe and turning them into wealthy athletes. Far too often, however, we see this vehicle of wealth breakdown on the side of the road. Children are exploited and dragged from families, only to fail to realise their dreams of playing professionally. Others are unable to cope with the fame and immense wealth, blowing through their fortune and ending up as poor as the day they left their homeland.

Then there are the success stories and Dwight Yorke is one of them. Growing up in extreme poverty in Trinidad and Tobago, Dwight was the eighth of nine children in his family. The entire Yorke family lived in a small, two-bedroom bungalow in Canaan, Tobago. Dwight was able to escape his family’s station in life and amass wealth courtesy of his football skills, and would eventually look to give back as much as possible following his escape from poverty.

READ MORE...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »
I was disappointed and kinda surprised to see Dwight holding a marginal presence on display at the Man U Museum ...

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2014, 11:30:50 AM »
I was disappointed and kinda surprised to see Dwight holding a marginal presence on display at the Man U Museum ...

I was at Old Trafford last year...unless they've changed the displays, I was happy and proud to see Yorke's presence. It was in no way marginal...sharing a display case with Cantona definitely isn't marginal.

And the way the staff spoke of Dwight was amazing....said he'd always be smiling and laughing when he entered the stadium. They spoke like they absolutely loved him.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2014, 02:45:25 PM »

I was at Old Trafford last year...unless they've changed the displays, I was happy and proud to see Yorke's presence. It was in no way marginal...sharing a display case with Cantona definitely isn't marginal.

And the way the staff spoke of Dwight was amazing....said he'd always be smiling and laughing when he entered the stadium. They spoke like they absolutely loved him.

From what I understand..the NIGHT display slightly different from the DAY Display    ;)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »

Correct City, WRONG Museum... Check the homage they pay to DW at surrounding gentlemen's club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »
Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke visits Kingston to promote Tobago
Kingston Guardian

Ex-Manchester United footballer Dwight Yorke visited Kingston to promote tourism in his native Tobago.

The former Aston Villa, Blackburn and Sunderland striker once dubbed the Smiling Assassin was in Market Place on Saturday, in his role as brand ambassador for the Carribbean island.

Yorke impressed watching children with his skills, while crowds were kept entertained by a steel band and limbo dancers.

Others relaxed in a giant hammock set up especially for the event.

Actor Rudolph Walker, who plays Patrick Trueman in Eastenders, also visited Market Square to promote the island.

Sheona Walkers, Tobago's UK promotional analyst, said: ‘We’re delighted to bring a slice of Tobago to Kingston.

"We’re creating an experience to allow people to live the culture Tobago style, celebrating the treasures that set the island apart from others."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KZV3I0wCY_Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KZV3I0wCY_Q</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
About time they promoted T&T more - I'd say the majority of the country don't know we exist, which is a crying shame given the potential for tourism.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »
How will Ángel di María compare with British football's record signings? (The Guardian)

9) Andy Cole, £7m, Newcastle United to Manchester United, 1995

How did he fare?

Cole scored 93 goals in 195 appearances for Manchester United but he will always be remembered for his partnership with Dwight Yorke. “When we started playing together, it was like meeting a special woman and falling in love,” recalled Cole in an interview with FourFourTwo. “Everything felt right. We never had a cross word. Our confidence soared and we thought we’d score every week. If one of us didn’t score, the other would. We could alter our play depending on the opposition: I’d go long, he’d go short. Nobody knew how to mark us. At times, we had so much space that we took liberties.” The pair scored 53 goals between them in United’s most successful season ever, including these beauties against Barcelona in the Champions League.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:54:54 AM by Bakes »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
About time they promoted T&T more - I'd say the majority of the country don't know we exist, which is a crying shame given the potential for tourism.
It's not T&T its just Tobago with Dwight Yorke. THA pays him to be an ambassador for our island

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2014, 07:53:14 PM »

Here's how I define marginal ... the ONLY evidence I could find of DY anywhere was a lil piece ah ting in a corner of a display case ... it bore the title United Review, and Dwight was on the cover pic. By lil, ah mean DVD case size. Considering that I needed to wuk to find that, marginal fuh sure (not his legacy; but the evidence of it). Locating Andy Cole was difficult too.

I was on the premises a long time ... went in there more than once, when it dawned on me late in de dance ... I eh see Dwight?! amidst this chapter of a lesson in European history.

When I see dates, I consider parallel histories (what other people in other places were/might have been doing at that particular period in time). There are relatively few non-Europeans who have played for the club. Trust me, I eh miss him.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2014, 02:27:55 AM »

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2014, 02:28:55 AM »

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2014, 02:31:29 AM »

Here's how I define marginal ... the ONLY evidence I could find of DY anywhere was a lil piece ah ting in a corner of a display case ... it bore the title United Review, and Dwight was on the cover pic. By lil, ah mean DVD case size. Considering that I needed to wuk to find that, marginal fuh sure (not his legacy; but the evidence of it). Locating Andy Cole was difficult too.

I was on the premises a long time ... went in there more than once, when it dawned on me late in de dance ... I eh see Dwight?! amidst this chapter of a lesson in European history.

When I see dates, I consider parallel histories (what other people in other places were/might have been doing at that particular period in time). There are relatively few non-Europeans who have played for the club. Trust me, I eh miss him.

There are a couple of walls with a list of Man Utd internationals.....can't find the pics right now though. From what you said, I assume the displays have been changed a bit

1]; } ?>