March 28, 2024, 04:01:14 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke Official Thread  (Read 94902 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keane dampens Yorke ambitions
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 03:56:40 AM »
"If Sunderland harbored any such concerns then they simply could have written disincentives into the contract for him returning to international football... or even better, have a cancellation clause in place conditioned on his return to international duty.  So it's either they considered the possibility and decided it was worth the risk... or they failed to consider it and didn't do their due diligence, in which case it's their ass to catch."

great idea......... except that it's illegal in the EU

Really?  Elaborate...or provide a link if you have it.

I'd be really surprised if he EU has any say in the matter... and can think of a number of legal ways around any such laws.  But I'm real curious about that...I don't really think that clubs should in any way limit a players international options, so would be a good thing if it does exist.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 04:24:12 AM »
any employment contract in the EU falls under EU legislation and any limitation as specfied would fall under the Bosman ruling (while not specific to this scenario it has been used as a catch all). i will have to have a dig up to get the links but a few years ago a club did try a very similar thing with an African player going to the African Cup ?(write it in his contract) and it did not even reach court because they quickly realised they would lose.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 04:51:37 AM »
All those who found Keane's remarks to be some sort of guised threat for Dwight not to play for tnt, you'll have support from like minded individuals at the Newsday and TTFF.  Talk about propaganda.

Don’t play for Soca Warriors
(Newsday)

ENGLISH Premiership club Sunderland FC manager Roy Keane has warned the club’s veteran midfielder Dwight Yorke not to come out of international retirement to play in World Cup 2010 qualifiers for the Soca Warriors.

Yorke recently indicated he will be resuming international duty to help the struggling Warriors in their qualifying bid for the 2010 World Cup finals. The TT Football Federation (TTFF) officially announced the midfielder’s return on July 10, much to the delight of local football fans who have bemoaned the lack of an influential presence in the midfield since the retirement of Yorke and Russel Latapy after the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany.

News of Yorke’s intention to play for the Warriors, has not been welcomed by Keane however,who is already missing the services of TT and Sunderland FC striker Kenwyne Jones, who suffered a knee ligament injury in TT’s 3-0 loss to England in an international friendly on June 1, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Yorke made a guest appearance in that match as a final farewell to his fans in TT. Keane stated that he is not enthusiastic of his prized possessions donning national colours and is keen to stamp out any thought of Yorke doing such.

The Sunderland manager is quoted as saying that Yorke will not represent his country contrary to earlier reports. “No, he won’t be (playing for TT) although I know he bloody played a few weeks ago. He keeps making these guest appearances,” Keane said.

“Maybe if he’s not playing many games for us there’s a chance of him going to play for them and I wouldn’t be so critical. I think Yorkie retired after the 2006 World Cup. It was Yorkie’s decision to retire and hopefully he will stick with it. I’ll discuss it with him in the next few days,” Keane said.

TTFF Special Advisor and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner yesterday said Yorke is critical to the Warriors’ chances of qualifying for the World Cup Finals to be held in South Africa and charged that if Yorke was not from an African country, he would not have to choose between club and country.

TTFF president Oliver Camps was also critical of the Sunderland FC manager’s stance and was adamant that the 2006 TT Footballer of the Year will be playing for his country. Camps revealed that his organisation will be meeting this week to discuss the issue but made it clear the Tobago-born football star has a major role to play in TT’s 2010 hopes.

“We expect him to be playing. He is a very important player for us and if he wants to play for his country then he should be allowed to do so,” Camps arged.

Keane’s statements comes less than a month after FIFA president Sepp Blatter accused football clubs of practising “modern slavery”. Yorke, a former Manchester United player has had a history of not being given permission to represent his country with the TTFF and Manchester

United manager, Alex Ferguson being at loggerheads on numerous occasions in the past. In September 2006, Keane advised Yorke to miss two friendly internationals against Nicaragua and Panama respectively so as to concentrate on his club career and settle into the team.

Yorke has been capped 59 official times for TT scoring 26 goals, but has played over 100 games which were not recognised as international friendlies. This is Yorke’s second return from retirement after he and strike partner Latapy bowed out from the international arena on

June 28, 2001 after a dispute with then coach Rene Simoes.
spacer
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:58:01 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 04:56:32 AM »
any employment contract in the EU falls under EU legislation and any limitation as specfied would fall under the Bosman ruling (while not specific to this scenario it has been used as a catch all). i will have to have a dig up to get the links but a few years ago a club did try a very similar thing with an African player going to the African Cup ?(write it in his contract) and it did not even reach court because they quickly realised they would lose.

You won't even have to look towards Europe at first instance Oli. All UK legislation is meant to be compatible with European precedent.

The Unfair Contracts Terms Act (UCTA) would deal simply which such a clause as being unreasonable in a contract.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 05:41:06 AM »
I ain't really see anything wrong with what Keane has intimated.

Objectively speaking, without bias, it's Sunderland who paying is wages. Many players retire from int'l football citing concentrating on club football as a major reason and even those that don't, create a legitimate expectation in their club's mind that that would be a result.

Clubs then might start to make more concrete plans around that player and we don't even know if that was the basis upon which Sunderland granted (a rather generous IMO) one year extension to Dwight.

These clubs need certainty with respect to their players commitments over a season.

Yes, players are allowed to play for their national teams and that is always paramount, but when you have a man choosing selective retirement, coming out when he pleases, it does create uncertainty for a club planning for their season.
Your statement presumes that Sunderland "Granted" Dwight an extension!

Dwight does not evoke any sentiment among Sunderland fans and I don't see Keane being a sentimental guy. Therefore, maybe it is actually the other way around, i.e. Dwight "agreed" to a one year extension as he is expected to make a contribution to the club. Whether it is as a player, coach or in combination doesn't matter. What matter is he has value and therefore leverage.

You guys sometimes like to talk about players like they should feel honored to get a contract. Like someone is granting them a favor. That totally devalues their talent and the work they put in daily to get to a level that someone wants to pay them.

At 36 going on 37 years old, any player, regardless of nationality or reputation vying for an outfield position, in one of the fastest leagues in the world, should feel blessed to get a contract with an EPL team.
He should feel blessed that his body is strong enough to hold up to the challenge. In fact, Sunderland should feel blessed for the same reason.

The fact is he earned his contract and this was not a benevolent grant.

Maybe if you had some valuable talent you might understand instead of just belittling Yorke's value.
TnT Patriot

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 06:02:00 AM »
oh dear,

dumpalewie, i don't know why you taking it personal, unless you're related to Dwight or something.

I really don't understand how I've 'belittled' dwight's value and think you're letting bias cloud an objective analysis of the situation.

Any objective and reasonable person understands you're not at your best at 36 and 37......even Arsene Wenger, who does not offer more than a year contract on players over aged 30 and sometimes not even making such an offer.  Even with then 37 year old Lehmann, he insisted on this policy, when its understood that goalkeepers can play on for longer, because they don't need to be running around as much as an outfield player.

Let's even bring it down to Sunderland level. Their goal scoring legend Kevin Phillips at 34 today and still scoring goals, in fact being the championship's second top goal scorer, scoring 24 goals from 30 starts  in helping them to get promoted and winning their player of the year award,  had trouble getting more than a year's contract at West Brom! He opted to drop down to the championship to take a 2 year contract with their Birmingham rivals Birmingham City.

So taking everything into perspective, I not belittled anyone's talent brethen, but forget who the man is and look at it objectively speaking; he is fortunate to get that year in the EPL.

Maybe if you had some valuable talent you might understand instead of just belittling Yorke's value.

We don't really know each other, so i'll leave that statement alone
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:16:39 AM by FLi ! »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 06:21:10 AM »
Whey...this thread real grow based on propoganda. All Keane say is he has to talk to Yorkie because he didn't think it is a good idea. That doesn't sound the same to me as him saying he will not allow Yorke to come out of retirement...

But that is what makes the media their money i guess...getting people worked up into a frenzy. How about we wait until after Yorke and Keane sit down and talk and then hear what RK say>?

BTW, wasn't Yorke in Trinidad last week watching the football game? Didn't Sunderland pre-season start?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline SLIM

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
Whey...this thread real grow based on propoganda. All Keane say is he has to talk to Yorkie because he didn't think it is a good idea. That doesn't sound the same to me as him saying he will not allow Yorke to come out of retirement...

But that is what makes the media their money i guess...getting people worked up into a frenzy. How about we wait until after Yorke and Keane sit down and talk and then hear what RK say>?

BTW, wasn't Yorke in Trinidad last week watching the football game? Didn't Sunderland pre-season start?

Ah doh no what is the big deal about Dwight in no.  Ah no many people said this before, Latapy at his more advance age will add more to T&T side than Dwight,  Dem fellas don't really need Dwight.  But ah go tell allyuh something many of allyuh doh like to hear.  If Jack Warner want Dwight to play he will definitely play for T&T, end of story.  Ah no allyuh kar bash JW for that.

SLIM

"If you not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
"If you think education is expensive try ignorance."

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 08:07:18 AM »
Somebody need to hit Roy Keane and hard cuff behind he head and shut him up. Bring by Patrick Vieri as he was de only man during his Arsenal days who had Keane under manners.

:rotfl:

You didn't see Patrick running away from the 'See you out there' cries from Keano in '05?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcpFXOsrY8

0:44

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 08:10:51 AM »
Not being funny lads but I have said it before, you need to be very careful when you read any RK quotes.  Half the time it is obvious on camera a lot of what is said is "tongue in cheek". 

RK tends to speak what he is thinking rather than thinking about what he is saying, which makes a refreshing change and headlines but not necessarily the most diplomatic.  I noticed on the Ronaldo thread taht he got slated for putting his 2 cents in, the fact is if he is asked a question in the press conference he answers it 99 times out of 100.  Nearly every manager was asked about Blatter's comments, he answered the way he thinks no more no less. 

I can't see what all the fuss is about to be frank, it was obvious that a deal was done between T&T and the club over the England match after the previous fiasco. RK gave Dwight another year despite the rather unfortunate way his comments were reported about the deal in Australia falling through.  People seemed to have forgot that Dwight and Roy are friends similar to the comment last season about him being too old to mess about with the youths when he injured himself.  Roy was or is still under the impression he has retired from international duty, it may of been in the press but he has been away doing his coaching stuff and didn't return from holiday until late last week, so he may not of even seen the press.  I just think its a lot of fuss about nothing.

Tongue in cheek, doesn't come across well when its in print.

A lot of people fail to realise that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
Newsday d propoganda king
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 08:44:53 AM »
But it's blatantly clear that's exactly what he doing. Choosing, which teams he wants to play against, when he wants to join up with the team.

Oh really... so what's his motivation this time?  Unless it is your assertion that Yorke has chosen to come out of retirement so that he could play against the likes of Guatemala then your argument falls apart.  If "selective retirement" was his purpose then why would he come back now at the start of qualification and not wait until later on against 'better' competition, and when the path to SA 2010 might be clearer in focus? 

And as for political reasons, you think Yorke is the first int'l player to retire for political reasons? STEUPS pls. And he ain't the first Trini either to retire for political reasons. Latas retired with dwight in that same campaign, came back for the 2006 campaign, retired after that in a fitting game at the HSL and we haven't heard a peep from him again with respect to any coming out of retirement.

Shaka retired again for political reasons in the 90s, came back, retired after WC Germany, had his nice retirement game and that's it as well, no speculation as to will I,  won't I. punto final.

And your mentioning Shaka and Latas is supposed to say what... that whatever they do Yorke should do as well?  This is so patently stupid... but I will indulge you.  First off, no one even insinuated that Yorke was the only player to retire due to politics.  In fact the very fact that you so triumphantly point out that others have done it before actually makes my point... that he retired prematurely.  He clearly still had a lot of football left in him.  Whether Shaka or Latas choose to retire and stay retire is entirely immaterial.  Shaka retired not just from international football... in case you missed it... but from football period, citing a desire to be closer to his family.  Latas has decided to retire from international football for reasons I'm not privy to...but it's worth noting that he's 40-years old and aware of his apparently diminishing abilities.

I find your second comment laughable; although Sunderland might not have had a lot to do with his progress as a player; arriving at the stadium of light in his waning years, surely the vast majority of credit for Dwight Yorke's success as a player has to be given to Aston Villa and Manchester United, not Trinidad and Tobago
What's laughable are the shortcomings in your intellect as demonstrated by this foolish and simplistic misinterpretation of my point.  At NO POINT did I say that Trinidad and Tobago was responsible for Dwight Yorke being where he is.  Once you put down whatever crack pipe yuh smoking and the fog clears go back and read and see where you could find me saying that.  What I DID say was that TnT had MORE to do with him being the player he is than SUNDERLAND has.  The comparison was deliberately limited to curren club, vs. country... of THOSE TWO, to whom does he owe the most? 

Your tangential mutterings about Aston Villa and ManU is relevant for reasons known only to yourself.

You know what's funny about ALL your posts. Anytime you're challenged or 'found out'  on this forum, you always bring up some point about someone's intellectual shortcomings, which says a lot about yours.

Of course TnT would have more to do with his development than Sunderland, he's been eligible to play for TnT for 36 years and at Sunderland for less than 2 !!

You're really a level headed individual, with chips on both ur shoulders!

Fli, whats funny is when hes 'found out' he will try to extrapolate the literal shit out of the most irrelevant part of the post. Dont worry with him, hes an overly-sensitive, insecure moron.
Hart for president

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
TVO - that the whole point though, these conferences are mostly on camera, some comments can be made to look a lot better or worse than what was actually said in the context of the answers, when put in print in isolation.  If you watch his conferences the fact "bloody" and "keeps making guest appearances" in there would suggest the cooments were of a more jovial nature.  I personally don't know as I haven't seen pictures of those particular comments, but I do watch his interviews quite a lot and thats what tends to happen in those situations.

It seems to be getting silly agian, RK has said he will have to talk to DY about it, nothing about not allowing him to etc, but there we go another quote from T&TFA saying he should be allowed to play, probably in response to a reporter misquoting RK with he is not going to allow DY to play or something similar.

I just don't really understand why you are getting yourselves all worked up about a non issue.  If dwight wants to paly he will play, if not he won't, tbh if we buy a new midfield Dwights sunderland appearances are likely to be limited anyway unless we don't buy anyone or get a lot of injuries.  Dwight's done a good job for Sunderland but I don't really want to see him as a first choice come the start of the season, along with a few others aswell. 

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 10:00:54 AM »
to tell yuh de truth alluy who supporting  yorke on this is full of shit cause most of these guys who playing football are playing to land a big contract now u a man  getting sign to a nice contract  to kick ball and getting paid able to take ccare of family  u think i goint o fight down international duty if my club have a problem with it i staying loyal to who paying me and presenting me with the opportunity to take care of my family and when u play for your country u have to go to court to get a bonus that u earned so i love trini i would want to play for them to but i wouldn't go out my way to please jack and all those selfish dogs. I GONE
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:18 AM »

Oli, I don't think the Bosman Ruling would be applicable here since this isn't about restricting labor movement within the EU...this is really more about contractual terms and their legal enforceability.  FLi is on the right track but even so I don't think Yorke would prevail under that theory.

You won't even have to look towards Europe at first instance Oli. All UK legislation is meant to be compatible with European precedent.

The Unfair Contracts Terms Act (UCTA) would deal simply which such a clause as being unreasonable in a contract.

The standard for relief under the UCTA is one of reasonableness, and on the face of the terms there is nothing at all unreasonable about a limitation on his ability to play internationally and any skilled solicitor worth his salt should be able to successfully argue such.  Yorke would have a devil of a time signing the contract then turning around and arguing that the terms are unreasonable:

The strength of the parties in negotiating were even.
Yorke was aware of the term (would be Sunderland's argument
Yorke was not induced into the term...and had no opportunity to accept a similar contract that did not include the term (per your own argument)
There is no restriction of liability

The ability to perform for both club and country is a luxury and not a right and by a club insisting on one over the other...especially where the ONE is his livelihood.  I certainly don't see the issue being peremptorily addressed as you assert.

But anyways...we're arguing hypotheticals.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
Fli, whats funny is when hes 'found out' he will try to extrapolate the literal shit out of the most irrelevant part of the post. Dont worry with him, hes an overly-sensitive, insecure moron.

What's funny is how desperately you're grabbing at ah next man nuts trying hard to get in the fan club.  Instead ah adding to the discussion yuh standing from de sidelines and trying tuh throw talk like some kinda tie-head market woman.  Two years later and yuh still rubbing de bruise on yuh feelings...tsk tsk

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008, 10:35:06 AM »
to tell yuh de truth alluy who supporting  yorke on this is full of shit cause most of these guys who playing football are playing to land a big contract now u a man  getting sign to a nice contract  to kick ball and getting paid able to take ccare of family  u think i goint o fight down international duty if my club have a problem with it i staying loyal to who paying me and presenting me with the opportunity to take care of my family and when u play for your country u have to go to court to get a bonus that u earned so i love trini i would want to play for them to but i wouldn't go out my way to please jack and all those selfish dogs. I GONE

Clearly you don't understand the issue that's being discussed.  This isn't about WHETHER Dwight should put country over club and if that's smart or not...this is about his rights (as protected by FIFA by-laws) to play for country AND club.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:36:43 AM by Bake n Shark »

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the whole thing was tongue in cheek. Keano has done it before even as a player.

Theres not a manager on the planet that can deny a player the right to represent their country, Keane knows that.

He was a player himself, lets not forget that.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »
Keane not going to deny nobody dey rights to rep dey NT.  He said that they would sit down and talk about it.

Yuh know how the conversation would go...

RK - "Whappen boy Yorkie, how yuh could go back and play for that shit side now ?"
DY- "Boy, dem is mih peeps, ah just want to see them inside the Hex and I go be good."
RK - "But why de arse yuh didn't say something before I sign yuh?"
DY - "Well ah didn't know, is only after they get dey arse wash from Bermuda, ah say nah, ah hadda do something for mih peeps."
RK - "Well the only frigging reason I give yuh a next year contract is because I thought yuh did really and truly retire and woulda focus on the club, other wise yuh coulda HYMC."
DY - "Well hard luck, but I done sign arready.  If yuh doh like it talk to the union."
RK - "Alright breds, but yuh better get a nice 4 inch piece ah sponge from Vicmol on Coffee St in Sando, because I want yuh to be real comfortable when yuh spending the season on the bench."
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 01:53:48 PM »
Good 1 Partners
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
all  asshole Keans need to do...is go to FIFA headquarter...and tell Joseph S. Blatter to do way with world cup and stick to club football only

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »
Too much cacahole with dey own life to deal with want to say what Yorke should do or not do. Allyuh was present in negotiations? How allyuh know that Keane HELP out Yorke by giving him this contract? How is not that Yorke help out Keane by signing? Allyuh must be careful when trying to judge man who do things allyuh never do, and start running allyuh mouth. Weeeey, ah man even say Yorke have no life plan after football, and a couple man agree with him. So Yorke have to e-mail allyuh he life plan? Yorke make more money than Shaka and Latas put together, that he do even need to find a wuk. Yet, some man who ah sure must be wukking hard hard to pay de bills and drive a lil nice car want to imps de man. Ah still want to know though, Yorke know allyuh facking life plan?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »

Lawd !!  :D look how allyuh raise fantastic blood pressure dis evenin self

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:12:55 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
oh dear,

dumpalewie, i don't know why you taking it personal, unless you're related to Dwight or something.

I really don't understand how I've 'belittled' dwight's value and think you're letting bias cloud an objective analysis of the situation.

Any objective and reasonable person understands you're not at your best at 36 and 37......even Arsene Wenger, who does not offer more than a year contract on players over aged 30 and sometimes not even making such an offer.  Even with then 37 year old Lehmann, he insisted on this policy, when its understood that goalkeepers can play on for longer, because they don't need to be running around as much as an outfield player.

Let's even bring it down to Sunderland level. Their goal scoring legend Kevin Phillips at 34 today and still scoring goals, in fact being the championship's second top goal scorer, scoring 24 goals from 30 starts  in helping them to get promoted and winning their player of the year award,  had trouble getting more than a year's contract at West Brom! He opted to drop down to the championship to take a 2 year contract with their Birmingham rivals Birmingham City.

So taking everything into perspective, I not belittled anyone's talent brethen, but forget who the man is and look at it objectively speaking; he is fortunate to get that year in the EPL.

We don't really know each other, so i'll leave that statement alone
Actually, my grouse is not about Dwight in particular.

Your statement about 1yr contracts misses the point. The issue is one of value to a team. Wegner has a policy for 30+ players. However, that didn't prevent him from offering a contract to Bergkamp every year. When, it wasn't worth it to them they let him know and he retired. The point being, age  is just a number as long as you have something to offer. You may not get a long term deal, but you'll get a deal if you are worth it.

I just think that many on here are quick to devalue players like the team granted them a favor. As far as I see it, it's all a business and players get what the teams value them at. Do you feel honored that you have your job? Or, do you feel like your company is lucky have you?

Point is. They want him at least as much as he wants to be there!
TnT Patriot

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2008, 06:35:45 PM »
Theres not a manager on the planet that can deny a player the right to represent their country, Keane knows that.
Dont be so sure, if a man will walk out right before the World Cup, how much an international football mean to him?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »
Too much cacahole with dey own life to deal with want to say what Yorke should do or not do. Allyuh was present in negotiations? How allyuh know that Keane HELP out Yorke by giving him this contract? How is not that Yorke help out Keane by signing? Allyuh must be careful when trying to judge man who do things allyuh never do, and start running allyuh mouth. Weeeey, ah man even say Yorke have no life plan after football, and a couple man agree with him. So Yorke have to e-mail allyuh he life plan? Yorke make more money than Shaka and Latas put together, that he do even need to find a wuk. Yet, some man who ah sure must be wukking hard hard to pay de bills and drive a lil nice car want to imps de man. Ah still want to know though, Yorke know allyuh facking life plan?
Thank You!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
Dont be so sure, if a man will walk out right before the World Cup, how much an international football mean to him?

I think he means "no manager can stand between a player and his right to play for his country"...of course some may try.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »
[/size]

:applause: :applause: :salute:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2008, 07:34:15 PM »
Keane is a kicks man. Like kev say, yuh have to see him live to get it. Allyuh does raise up allyuh pressure for no reason.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
The fact is Maturana will probably have Yorke riding pine behind Cupid and Forbes anyway so the comeback ent go last long regardless

1]; } ?>