March 28, 2024, 04:16:54 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke Official Thread  (Read 94903 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke Official Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 03, 2015, 08:32:20 AM »
Yuh doh see much ah dat in the Top Flight these days. Exquisite 1v1 attacking. Credit to the keeper for not gehhin caught up in the feint ... although in the end, what was to be, was to be. #MadeinTobago

De defender was literally taken out of de picture.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:02 AM »
Yuh doh see much ah dat in the Top Flight these days. Exquisite 1v1 attacking. Credit to the keeper for not gehhin caught up in the feint ... although in the end, what was to be, was to be. #MadeinTobago

ENT!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »

:rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »
Here's how yuh really know iz ah crowd in England: dey din geh orn until de goal score. In many other places, from de time de defender geh shiff dat woulda be it.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »

ENT!

That was an absolute classic, one of my favorite goals by a T&T player.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
Even the steward in orange gettin on.
Yeah those were some good memories.  Pre-internet yes, I used to hope the news would show highlights.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2015, 06:59:25 AM »
WATCH: Dwight Yorke scores a side-footed volley in Manchester United’s 4-2 win over Liverpool Legends
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nOC_rKLc5a4?start=140" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nOC_rKLc5a4?start=140</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2015, 05:10:07 PM »

Yorke playing Cricket with Lara tonight in a charity match

Watch it LIVE;  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64909.new#new

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »

SIR ALEX FERGUSON: “IN MY TIME, DWIGHT YORKE WAS THE ONLY PLAYER FANTASTIC FROM DAY ONE”

http://e24sn.com/index.php/2015/10/14/sir-alex-ferguson-in-my-time-dwight-yorke-was-the-only-player-fantastic-from-day-one/

The retired Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson told ESPN FC in an exclusive interview that he believes Manchester United can win the Premier League this season. He was also full of praise for his former striker Dwight Yorke, who he said was the only player during his reign that gave an immediate response just like Anthony Martial.

Sir Alex told ESPN FC’s Shaka Hislop, “It’s that kind of league, anyone can win it now. Leicester are the most consistent — they’ve only lost one game. If we get to New Year up near the top, we’ll have a good chance,”

“[Van Gaal has] certainly made a lot of changes and he’s bought (six) new players this year and, I think, five or six new players the year before,” said Ferguson. “That takes time and it’s not easy. Coming to Manchester United, you do need time. In my time, there was maybe Dwight Yorke who gave an immediate response — he was fantastic from day one. They are not always like that; he was an exception. It normally takes some time, particularly if they come from abroad, to settle in.”

“All the strikers I had, everyone relied on their confidence,”

“When they were scoring they think they can never stop, when they’re not scoring they think they’re never going get a goal, it’s a fact. When I was a striker I was the same; my dad used to say make sure you hit the ball, don’t try and pass it in the net. Eric Cantona had it, [Ruud] van Nistelrooy had it, [Andy] Cole had it and then the rich stream comes along again and they’re back to normal. I think we’ll have to wait, it’ll happen. [Rooney will] go on a run, don’t worry about that.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke wants to succeed Tim Sherwood at Aston Villa
« Reply #220 on: October 26, 2015, 06:36:27 AM »
By John Cross (mirror.co.uk)

Dwight Yorke has thrown his hat into the ring for the Aston Villa job.

Villa legend Yorke, 43, says the post is very “appealing” after Tim Sherwood was sacked after just eight months in charge.

Former Everton boss David Moyes is the red-hot bookies’ favourite but remains in charge of Real Sociedad.

Ex-Sunderland boss Gus Poyet, who has been offered the AEK Athens job, is on the shortlist while Nigel Pearson could also be an option.

Yorke, who has managed Trinidad and Tobago, told beIN Sports: “I’ve got to say yes (I do fancy the job). It’s the kind of job in management that would be very appealing to me.

“I played for that football club for ten years and I know what is to be expected of Aston Villa, the players, the sort of level of performance.

“I‘ve been in football all my life and I’ve learnt outside of the game and been around fantastic managers and I’ve played for good managers and yes, that’s the kind of job I’d certainly be interested in.

“It’s a club that’s very close to my heart. I had ten wonderful years there. I had a fantastic relationship with the fans there as well. I know the club inside out.

“I feel that with my experience now in the game, having worked on the media side of things and worked alongside some good managers, working in the backroom staff as a manager as well, I feel that I’m ready now to take on that sort of challenge.”

Yorke expressed his regret that Sherwood had been axed after the disastrous run but says he paid a heavy price for results.

“No one wants to see a manager get sacked, clearly, and Tim being an ex-player himself, who’s gone into management, you want to see young managers do well,” said Yorke.

“Unfortunately for Tim it’s a results-business we’re in and even though he’s gone in there and done extremely well and got them to an FA Cup semi-final and all the good things he’s done for Villa.

“But then he brought in thirteen players at the beginning of the season, or someone else did.”

Villa legend Andy Gray, now a beIN Sports pundit, claimed the club is stuck in a “malaise.”

Gray added: “It’s sad for me to see [the club] in this predicament, not only the way it is in now but the way it’s been for about three years now.

“There’s been a malaise around the club that’s been very difficult to shake off. This season is going to be the worst season for this.

“I think more chairmen will pull the trigger this season than any other season because of what’s at stake, because the new TV deal kicks in next season, because they need to be in the Premier League next season and I think if it hadn’t have been, Tim might have got a bit more time. Every owner is getting twitchy.

“Every owner that’s down there (at the bottom of the Premier League) and needs to stay in will get twitchy and it will take a really brave chairman or owner, when a team is down there.

“I’m telling you Newcastle will be the same, Sunderland will be the same, even Steven McClaren, if Newcastle are still in the bottom three going into January then would it surprise me if Steve McClaren went?

“It wouldn’t because clubs like that need to stay in the league so I’m not surprised because we’ve all been in the game long enough to not be surprised by anything.

“I’m disappointed for Tim because I like Tim. He’s a British manager and it doesn’t do British managers’ reputations any good every time one fails or is perceived to have failed so I’m a little sad in that but I think when Randy Lerner came to town yesterday before the game, I said if they don’t win he’s there for a reason.”

Yorke also claimed that he has matured despite his party boy image and believes Sir Alex Ferguson, his boss at Manchester United, could help him.

Yorke added: “You just have to look at my CV as a player. You don’t play for the best football club in the world and achieve what I’ve achieved in the game if I wasn’t dedicated to it.

“Yes, I have made some bad decisions in my life but it doesn’t mean that I’m a bad person. I’m a football person through and through.

“I know the game inside out and I’ve got the experience now and feel I’m at the right age and all those things that have been said about me is in the past now. I‘m a new person now as well.

“I’m sure and I have a fantastic relationship [with him]. As I’m sure everyone knows, I still work for the club and my relationship with Sir Alex is one that I’m very proud of and someone I can always pick up the phone and speak to at any given time.”

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2015, 06:51:18 AM »
When has Yorke managed Trinidad & Tobago?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:27 AM »

F00ck Yorke.

De only seed he sucking is Lara one.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153657607810610/

Dwight Yorke wants to be Aston Villa’s manager.

The former Villa striker is keen to replace Tim Sherwood, who was sacked on Sunday. “There are young people ready to break into management and I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t put my name in the hat,” the 43-year-old told Talksport. “People will say I don’t have any experience but we’ve seen people with experience go in there and struggle to do a job. I know that club inside out and I’ve looked at the squad, there’s enough in there to get them out of this position and there’s enough time as well.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:32:41 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2015, 05:35:54 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153657607810610/

Dwight Yorke wants to be Aston Villa’s manager.

The former Villa striker is keen to replace Tim Sherwood, who was sacked on Sunday. “There are young people ready to break into management and I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t put my name in the hat,” the 43-year-old told Talksport. “People will say I don’t have any experience but we’ve seen people with experience go in there and struggle to do a job. I know that club inside out and I’ve looked at the squad, there’s enough in there to get them out of this position and there’s enough time as well.

Good luck to the former national captain and national hero!  :beermug:

Video comments show many others supporting you.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:47:27 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 26, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »
You can't remember?,doh sell out the man stories nah.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 26, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »

Was Assistant coach for a minute under Latapy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2015, 07:53:43 AM »
Wukkin for Randy Lerner?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke at Villa? Batsh*t mental, but a nice change
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
Yorke at Villa? Batsh*t mental, but a nice change
By Nick Miller (football365.com)

As usually happens when a Premier League job comes up, the opening at Aston Villa has inspired something of a scramble, as those out of work eye up the chance to have a crack at what could be quite a juicy gig. Big crowds, decent contract that will be paid up whether or not you’re any good, and the statistical probability that you can’t possibly be as bad as the last bloke. Or the one before him. Or the one before him.
The usual suspects are all in the running; we’ve got the continental choice of the nose-tappers and wiseguys (Remi Garde), the youngish up-and-comer from the lower divisions (Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink), the highly-rated sort who worked wonders with a smaller club (Sean Dyche), the tail-between-the-legs sackee from a bigger job (Brendan Rodgers), the cold-eyed killer who looks like he’d just as soon show you his knife collection but tear your larynx out with his bare hands as shake your hand (Nigel Pearson).

And then there’s the wild card, in this case Dwight Yorke.

“There are young people ready to break into management and I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t put my name in the hat,” Yorke said on the wireless this week, to the general amusement of anyone who knows that Villa won’t appoint a gobby ex-pro whose previous coaching experience extends to five months as Ricky Sbragia’s interim number two at Sunderland and a brief spell as Trinidad and Tobago assistant.

Of course, giving this job to Yorke would be absurd. Obviously. He has never actually coached anywhere and has spent his retirement from playing expanding his wardrobe and squeezing legs on the Sky Sports punditry circuit. Clearly it would be absurd. Of course it would.

But would it though?

“People will say I don’t have any experience,” Yorke continued, “but we’ve seen people with experience go in there and struggle to do a job. I know that club inside out and I’ve looked at the squad, there’s enough in there to get them out of this position and there’s enough time as well.

“It’s whether the owners are prepared to give an aspiring young manager an opportunity. You look at the managers available now, it’s a merry-go-round. In the 30 years I’ve been involved in football it’s been the same people getting job after job, so why are young managers doing all their coaching badges but not getting that opportunity?”

And he’s right. It often seems as if the same faces are just shuffling around the mid-level clubs of the Premier League, an old boys network that displays a chronic lack of imagination and diversity. The appointment of Sam Allardyce at Sunderland might turn out to be the right one, but it was the most inevitable managerial move in the history of football. It was so obviously going to happen from the moment that Dick Advocaat changed his mind about retirement in the vaguely adorable hope that he could go round the block one more time. It was predictable and crashingly dull, even though it might secure safety for the club.

So why not mix things up a little bit? Yorke speaks well on TV, which is no qualification in itself but it’s about the same as some of his contemporaries seem to have. Yet the response to his punditry is usually centred around those loud suits, the derision for which carries some pretty unpleasant undertones that we won’t investigate at great length here, but are undeniably present.

Yorke doesn’t really seem to be taken seriously, but why? Perhaps it’s the clothes, perhaps it’s the previous association with Katie Price and a number of other notable celebrities, perhaps it’s the chunky volume of kiss and tell stories from way back when (a favourite being the one where he apparently convinced one young lady that he was a postman named Brian), perhaps it’s something altogether more sinister, but Yorke doesn’t seem to be taken seriously in the way that many of his contemporaries are.

It would be interesting to see him in the Villa job, at least. A Premier League club giving a chance to a young, enthusiastic black manager rather than going down the predictable old route. He might well be a disaster, but at least he’d liven Villa up a bit, a club who have been very slowly withering and fading away for a few years now, like a cliff gently crumbling into the sea. The life and excitement has been sucked out of the club by a combination of player sales and uninspiring managerial choices. At least Yorke might add some vim and vigour, in a different way to Tim Sherwood, who constantly looked like he was recovering from a hangover, eyes baggy and a tube of Berocca constantly poking out of his pocket.

Yorke could quite happily carry on picking up a few quid here and there with his stints on the telly, plus all the other assorted little earners that ex-footballers of his generation can enjoy. But he seems to want more, to do something tangible, to better himself. That should be applauded rather than mocked.

Obviously, Yorke won’t get the job; his is an appointment that wouldn’t be popular, partly because of his deficient levels of experience, partly because most managerial appointments are a reaction to the last guy and thus an older head will presumably be sought, and also partly because of his departure from Villa back in 1998. The potted history goes something like this; Yorke scores goals for Villa, he kisses the badge while doing so, Manchester United come a callin’, then Villa manager John Gregory declares that he would’ve shot Yorke when he asked to leave, he eventually does one to Old Trafford and promptly wins the treble. They did not, shall we say, exactly lay on tea and scones when he returned to Villa Park.

Obviously he won’t get the job. He probably shouldn’t get the job. But, you know, it might be quite good fun if he did. Refreshing. Different. A wild card. Lord knows Villa need something.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »
Yorke doesn’t really seem to be taken seriously, but why? Perhaps it’s the clothes, perhaps it’s the previous association with Katie Price and a number of other notable celebrities, perhaps it’s the chunky volume of kiss and tell stories from way back when (a favourite being the one where he apparently convinced one young lady that he was a postman named Brian), perhaps it’s something altogether more sinister, but Yorke doesn’t seem to be taken seriously in the way that many of his contemporaries are.

???  :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
Major, MAJOR TV $$$ at stake next season based on the new deal signed. It would be a badge of courage (to put it charitably) to fill the position with unknown variables. That stated, the $$$ involved with football is not going to decrease ... so, this issue will linger.

Best bet: find a gig in the trenches and dig in.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2015, 06:12:50 AM »
First Scholes, now Yorke ... echoing the opinion of the camp. Like dey trying to push Humpty Dumpty figuring on Giggs sliding into the chair. Hmmmm.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2015, 12:50:25 PM »
First Scholes, now Yorke ... echoing the opinion of the camp. Like dey trying to push Humpty Dumpty figuring on Giggs sliding into the chair. Hmmmm.

Ah doh understand de rush. Humpty flight done book!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »
Dwight Yorke scored in a big time celebrity match at Old Trafford today. He came on as a sub and had a good impact on the game. Game featured Beckham, Ronaldinho, Scholes, Seedorf, Van Der Sar, Cafu and some other stars. I will look for video later

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2015, 09:23:33 PM »
Dwight Yorke scored in a big time celebrity match at Old Trafford today. He came on as a sub and had a good impact on the game. Game featured Beckham, Ronaldinho, Scholes, Seedorf, Van Der Sar, Cafu and some other stars. I will look for video later

WATCH THE GOAL HERE https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153690287090610/

Dwight Yorke scores in UNICEF charity match

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2016, 10:52:30 AM »
Oh gorm, DY ... 66 in a 40?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2016, 10:55:57 AM »
The need for speed...in the words of General Grant "rev de engine vroooom"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2016, 02:56:00 PM »
The need for speed...in the words of General Grant "rev de engine vroooom"

Dutty could puh in fuh de chauffeur wuk now. :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 09, 2016, 10:47:47 AM »
but isn't that the minimum speed for that car ? even my van does idle at 45..

wait a minute...daiz what those points mean ? I thought they give meh dem ting for speeding and not hitting nobody 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:49:50 AM by maxg »

1]; } ?>