March 29, 2024, 02:39:58 AM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke Official Thread  (Read 94943 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke Official Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
Montano vs Yorke in court

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160216/news/montano-vs-yorke-in-court

SOCA star and 2016 Road March winner Machel Montano will be taking former national footballer Dwight Yorke to court as he seeks damages after he was falsely advertised as being one of the performers at Yorke’s annual Island Vibe fete in Tobago over the weekend.

This was revealed yesterday during a court hearing at the Hall of Justice, in Port of Spain, in which Montano was seeking an injunction to prevent Yorke from further using his name and image in the advertisements to promote the event, which took place on Saturday at Pigeon Point.

That same afternoon, Montano obtained an emergency order, which was granted by Justice Ricky Rahim, which restrained Yorke from promoting, advertising or publishing the alleged performance or any of his bands at the event.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:45:43 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2016, 03:55:37 PM »
I thought they were friends!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:07 AM »

When reputation/ money on the line Monk ha no friends

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »

ENT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

That applies to everybody!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2016, 12:46:10 PM »

well to be fair that applies to most people and not just the Monk

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »

well to be fair that applies to most people and not just the Monk

No dispute and I certainly didn't mean to convey it as a negative trait.  I can assure you MM is far more vigilant and diligent than most soca artist in the same situation.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »
Machel Montano drops lawsuit against Dwight Yorke.
CNC3.CO.TT

Soca artiste Machel Montano has dropped the lawsuit against former national football captain Dwight Yorke, for the use of his name to promote a concert in Tobago.

Montano had filed the lawsuit against Yorke for falsely advertising that Montano was to perform at Yorke’s 'Island Vibe' party at Pigeon Point, Tobago.

Attorney Jacqueline Chang filed a notice of discontinuance on Monday on behalf of Yorke as the matter came up for hearing at the Hall of Justice, effectively ending the proceedings against Yorke.

Montano’s lead attorney Larry Williams said his client was not interested in seeking damages from Yorke, telling reporters, however, that there was a legal procedure to be followed after the injunction was granted to Montano to prevent Yorke from further using his name to promote the party.

Montano still has the option of taking legal action against Yorke for damages if he chooses to.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »
CNC3.CO.TT

Soca artiste Machel Montano has dropped the lawsuit against former national football captain Dwight Yorke, for the use of his name to promote a concert in Tobago.

Montano had filed the lawsuit against Yorke for falsely advertising that Montano was to perform at Yorke’s 'Island Vibe' party at Pigeon Point, Tobago.

Attorney Jacqueline Chang filed a notice of discontinuance on Monday on behalf of Yorke as the matter came up for hearing at the Hall of Justice, effectively ending the proceedings against Yorke.

Montano’s lead attorney Larry Williams said his client was not interested in seeking damages from Yorke, telling reporters, however, that there was a legal procedure to be followed after the injunction was granted to Montano to prevent Yorke from further using his name to promote the party.

Montano still has the option of taking legal action against Yorke for damages if he chooses to.

So they kinda friends now?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »
CNC3.CO.TT

So they kinda friends now?
Guess you can say they're nathrally good

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2016, 10:41:23 PM »
Watching tv tonight and saw a photo of Yorke posing in a tractor with Ray Hudson and Cristian Vieri making fun of the situation.

Anyway found an article about it and they called Dwight a potato farmer lol
https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/man-united-supporting-farmers-rejoice-after-club-releases-branded-tractor/

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Former Red Devil Dwight Yorke keen to manage in S-League
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »
Former Red Devil Dwight Yorke keen to manage in S-League
By Pan Zaixiang (The Straits Times)

Former Liverpool and Arsenal player Jermaine Pennant has already taken the first step in joining Tampines Rovers in the S-League.

Just last week, his ex-Liverpool team-mate John Arne Riise also issued a come-and-get-me plea to potentially interested S-League clubs.

Now, yet another former English Premier League player in the form of Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke is keen to make a foray into Singapore football, albeit in a managerial role.

"Right now, I'm looking to get into management and maybe a job of that nature will interest me to come to this part of the world," the 44-year-old, who scored 47 goals in 95 games for Manchester United, told The Straits Times.

"Everything in Singapore is fantastic from the great weather to the good food, and if there is a job opportunity from a managerial point of view, I might look into it."

The former Trinidad and Tobago player is in Singapore as part of Singtel's information and communications technology (ICT) contest, where six lucky business owners will get to host him alongside their customers at their shop-front on Friday and Saturday.

He also had a meet-and-greet session with fans at The Chamber at Capital Square on Friday afternoon, where he signed autographs and posed for photographs with about 100 supporters.

Yorke will continue his meet-and-greet sessions at The Chamber at Robertson Walk, Ciao at Italian Risto-Bar and The Bucket List Bar on Saturday from 4pm to 6:30pm.

Dwight Yorke posing for a photo at The Chamber, Capital Square, on March 11, 2016. PHOTO: KEVIN LIM

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »

Football365- Football People on Tv: Dwight Yorke

http://www.football365.com/news/football-people-on-tv-dwight-yorke

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke says that he wants the Aston Villa job
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2016, 01:04:36 PM »
Dwight Yorke says that he wants the Aston Villa job and that he has the backing of Sir Alex Ferguson
By Alex Varney (talkSPORT)

Dwight Yorke has urged the Aston Villa board to hand him the job of leading their revival.

The Midlands club are on the lookout for their THIRD manager this season after the departure of Remi Garde last week.

Garde, who only replaced Tim Sherwood in November, proved to be a disastrous appointment as he oversaw just two wins from 20 Premier League games.

With relegation to the Championship  all but confirmed, it appears likely that Villa will target an experienced coach to succeed Garde and plot their route back to the top-flight.

But former Holte End favourite Yorke, who scored 97 goals in 292 appearances for Villa between 1989 and 1998, insists he could be a big success as their boss if given the chance.

“They have tried experience, they have tried unknown managers, and they haven't got it right," he told talkSPORT in an exclusive interview.

“I have the feeling they may go for experience. I do believe experience counts for a lot of things but sometimes you need someone with the know-how of a football club and someone who can bring a spark back to the club.

“And what people fail to realise is that I have won the Championship. The only time I have played outside the Premier League I won it with Sunderland so I have got a great understanding of what the Championship is as a player.

"So, not only am I familiar with the players, and the whole culture and history of Aston Villa Football Club, but I am familiar with the Championship.

"I will apply [for the job] and I am doing that as we speak. I hope they will at least give me an interview."

And Yorke claims to have the backing of legendary former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson to take on the job.

After leaving Villa for United in 1998, the Trinidadian enjoyed a hugely successful four years under Ferguson at Old Trafford.

He continued: "I have gained a wealth of experience, I have played under great managers and I spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson about this job and he is endorsing me.  He believes I can do it

"I believe I can do it and it is about giving me the opportunity of at least having an interview."

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
What, he to big for the Rangers job (St Anns) ?  What is his track record, how many teams he coach ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2016, 03:19:34 PM »
What, he to big for the Rangers job (St Anns) ?  What is his track record, how many teams he coach ?

Does Dwight have a coaching badge?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »
I don´t know about his Coaching badges but he was the Man U U-16 Coach for a while.  :)
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »

Does Dwight have a coaching badge?

Yes, I know he has his UEFA "B" License. Not sure if he completed his "A" License.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »

Dwight Yorke big in de dance bruh.

Doh hate.  Emulate  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
I don´t know about his Coaching badges but he was the Man U U-16 Coach for a while.  :)
when, for how long, and how was it ? Look, if he get they job I glad for him, but I don't see why he should. The same reason why Bruce, Keene et al, shouldn't have been coaching big teams yet. Not because yuh was a great player with a great team, mean yuh deserve a chance, more than all the other guys who study, hard get lilbit money if any, and actually give up most of they life learning the business and psychology of the thing. I know plenty guys who actually pay dues coaching all they life (over 40 yrs), have plenty licence and experience and won't get a sniff. and I know guy with licence and degrees who don't coach well. This gimme fren ting , nah. Earn it . JMO 

Los, me not hating I not the employer. If they choose to hire the man I backing Villa, but I don't think he's the right man for the job. Obviously, They don't know who the right man for the job is. SH  *wink

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 05, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »
when, for how long, and how was it ? Look, if he get they job I glad for him, but I don't see why he should. The same reason why Bruce, Keene et al, shouldn't have been coaching big teams yet. Not because yuh was a great player with a great team, mean yuh deserve a chance, more than all the other guys who study, hard get lilbit money if any, and actually give up most of they life learning the business and psychology of the thing. I know plenty guys who actually pay dues coaching all they life (over 40 yrs), have plenty licence and experience and won't get a sniff. and I know guy with licence and degrees who don't coach well. This gimme fren ting , nah. Earn it . JMO 

Los, me not hating I not the employer. If they choose to hire the man I backing Villa, but I don't think he's the right man for the job. Obviously, They don't know who the right man for the job is. SH  *wink

Which teams Zidane ever coach before Real Madrid?

How about Pep before Barca?  Luis Enrique?  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 05, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »

Which teams Zidane ever coach before Real Madrid?

How about Pep before Barca?  Luis Enrique?  ;)
According to Wiki
Zidane , same level of play as Yorke..ok ..My favoritie most successful TT player kinda doing a stage with ManBoo U 16 equates to Assistant with Real Madrid and their B or Barca B team NOT ok
2013–2014 Real Madrid (assistant)
2014–2016 Real Madrid Castilla

Pep :
2007–2008 Barcelona B

2008–2012 Barcelona

2013–
Bayern Munich

2016–
Real Madrid

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2016, 07:09:36 PM »

Similar story in the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dwight-yorke-wants-aston-villa-7696522

Dwight Yorke wants Aston Villa job as former Man United striker eyes career in management

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The games that changed my life: Dwight Yorke
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2016, 12:27:28 PM »
By Andy Mitten (fourfourtwo.com)

Dwight Yorke tells FourFourTwo about the matches which left an indelible mark on his career - including helping his nation qualify for their first World Cup and that night in Barcelona.

December 3, 1987: The Green Machine 1-2 Signal Hill Comprehensive
Trinidad & Tobago’s schools finals drew five-figure crowds. My reputation was building – I was already in the national team. We’d won the league, and in the cup final we beat Green Machine, a big side in Trinidad, which has 1.3m people. Tobago has 60,000, so we travelled as underdogs. Did I score? Of course!

March 24, 1996: Aston Villa 3-0 Leeds
I’d not been at Villa long when Tommy Docherty said in 1991: ‘If that lad makes a First Division footballer, then I’m Mao Tse-tung.’ By 1996 I was their main man, which brought pressure. I was expected to deliver in the League Cup final against a Leeds side full of internationals.
Thankfully, I scored in a 3-0 demolition. We came close to winning the league a few times, but two League Cups were my only trophies there.

November 25, 1998: Barcelona 3-3 Man United
This was my first game at the Camp Nou, a stadium which would comfortably seat Tobago’s population! They had Luis Figo, Rivaldo and Pep Guardiola, under Louis van Gaal, but we were playing great stuff.
Sir Alex told us to attack and we did just that. Andy Cole and myself combined perfectly and I got two goals. We knew we were a match for the best.

May 26, 1999: Man United 2-1 Bayern Munich
The highlight of my career. The game was nothing like as exciting as the semi-final second leg against Juventus – we didn’t create a clear-cut chance until injury time, when Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did their magic. We celebrated long into the night. I didn’t sleep for two days.

November 16, 2005: Bahrain 0-1 Trinidad & Tobago
People back home thought I was giving more to my club career than I was for my country – I was determined to prove them wrong and send Trinidad & Tobago to the World Cup finals for the first time.
I set up the goal, too. Caribbean people didn’t think I could lead as captain – I showed that I could. Our opening match was against Sweden in Dortmund. We were so proud to hear our anthem and see the flag. We drew 0-0 and I got man of the match.

January 20, 2007: Sheffield Wednesday 2-4 Sunderland
When Roy Keane asked me to join him, I’d been living in Sydney, loving life at 35. Then I was in the Championship thinking: ‘What am I doing?!’

We were in the bottom three when I joined but won the league comfortably and took 6,000 fans to places like Barnsley. At Hillsborough, I chipped the keeper as we won 4-2. I didn’t like the Championship, but I liked playing for Sunderland.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »
By Andy Mitten (fourfourtwo.com)

Dwight Yorke tells FourFourTwo about the matches which left an indelible mark on his career - including helping his nation qualify for their first World Cup and that night in Barcelona.

December 3, 1987: The Green Machine 1-2 Signal Hill Comprehensive
Trinidad & Tobago’s schools finals drew five-figure crowds. My reputation was building – I was already in the national team. We’d won the league, and in the cup final we beat Green Machine, a big side in Trinidad, which has 1.3m people. Tobago has 60,000, so we travelled as underdogs. Did I score? Of course!

March 24, 1996: Aston Villa 3-0 Leeds
I’d not been at Villa long when Tommy Docherty said in 1991: ‘If that lad makes a First Division footballer, then I’m Mao Tse-tung.’ By 1996 I was their main man, which brought pressure. I was expected to deliver in the League Cup final against a Leeds side full of internationals.
Thankfully, I scored in a 3-0 demolition. We came close to winning the league a few times, but two League Cups were my only trophies there.

November 25, 1998: Barcelona 3-3 Man United
This was my first game at the Camp Nou, a stadium which would comfortably seat Tobago’s population! They had Luis Figo, Rivaldo and Pep Guardiola, under Louis van Gaal, but we were playing great stuff.
Sir Alex told us to attack and we did just that. Andy Cole and myself combined perfectly and I got two goals. We knew we were a match for the best.

May 26, 1999: Man United 2-1 Bayern Munich
The highlight of my career. The game was nothing like as exciting as the semi-final second leg against Juventus – we didn’t create a clear-cut chance until injury time, when Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did their magic. We celebrated long into the night. I didn’t sleep for two days.

November 16, 2005: Bahrain 0-1 Trinidad & Tobago
People back home thought I was giving more to my club career than I was for my country – I was determined to prove them wrong and send Trinidad & Tobago to the World Cup finals for the first time.
I set up the goal, too. Caribbean people didn’t think I could lead as captain – I showed that I could. Our opening match was against Sweden in Dortmund. We were so proud to hear our anthem and see the flag. We drew 0-0 and I got man of the match.

January 20, 2007: Sheffield Wednesday 2-4 Sunderland
When Roy Keane asked me to join him, I’d been living in Sydney, loving life at 35. Then I was in the Championship thinking: ‘What am I doing?!’

We were in the bottom three when I joined but won the league comfortably and took 6,000 fans to places like Barnsley. At Hillsborough, I chipped the keeper as we won 4-2. I didn’t like the Championship, but I liked playing for Sunderland.

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 18, 2016, 02:14:38 PM »
Villa relegated after having been in the Premiership since 1987

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »
This is very last minute, but we just found out that Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole will be at Modell’s Sporting Goods in Time Square, New York today from 4:30pm-5:30pm. Drop by if you happen to be in the area.
https://www.facebook.com/events/605990386223767/

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:15:42 PM by Tallman »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2016, 05:33:14 PM »
Couldn't make it anyway, but nice to hear.  Times Sq on a Friday at 4.30pm is the last place I want to be, sign of old age I guess
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>