March 29, 2024, 02:02:50 AM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke Official Thread  (Read 94940 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke criticises lack of black managers
« Reply #300 on: April 22, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
Is Dwight a certified FA coach. FA badge or whatever?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

I remember Sol Campbell making the same complaint a few years ago and even questioning Gary Neville's appointment to the England coaching staff. However, Neville had already obtained his UEFA A and B coaching licenses at that point, while Campbell had yet to do so.

If these guys are going to raise this question — and it's certainly a valid one — then they need to make sure they have all their credentials in place first.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Dwight Yorke criticises lack of black managers
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »

He want to coach big club teams instead of trying to come back home and start of with de national team or something

Think that's it right there....gotta be willing to go down in the lower leagues & build a coaching resume before wanting to land a bigger and more reputable coachin gig. Show club owners what you did as ah coach instead of what qualifications u have...cuz the coaching badges ain't enough in any other region except probably in yuh homeland yorkie.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Dwight Yorke Official Thread
« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2017, 04:03:59 AM »
Yorke: I am living proof.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Gyasi Merrique Legendary T&T footballer, Dwight Yorke, delivered a motivational address to students of Patience Hill Government Primary School yesterday, after they completed the Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA).

Yorke’s address was done on the invitation of the Tobago House of Assembly’s Secretary of Sport, Jomo Pitt and principal of the school Lester Alleyne.

“It was basically to let the children know that you can make it and you can achieve the goals that you want to achieve if you really have the right fundamentals.

You’re looking at one of your very own; somebody who was very much in the same position, sitting in those same classrooms but had the ambition to be somebody different,” said Yorke.

The former Manchester United striker is hoping to continue bringing words of encouragement to Tobago’s youth and even wants to extend further, stating: “I think that my role with the THA going forward as sports ambassador and certainly as tourism ambassador, something that we are trying to extend is sports education.

This is something that I’ve always tried to get in the system and its just nice to see it finally implemented.

“Hopefully now I’ll visit more schools and interact with the kids so that they can have that insight that I’ve been there and done it and that I’m living proof. That is something that I’m working on with the THA and the Minister of Sports. I want to go out and reach out to kids who may not have heard the name, let alone meet me.”

Now 45 years old, Yorke is trying to get into the football managerial profession and recently spoke out against the lack of black and ethnic minority managers throughout the ranks of football in the UK.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
Finally   :applause: :applause: :applause: 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 26, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
Former Sunderland man Dwight Yorke reveals he's held talks over Black Cats' managerial vacancy
By Ashley Preece (chroniclelive.co.uk)

Former Sunderland favourite Dwight Yorke has held talks over the vacant manager’s position.

Yorke, who played more than 50 games for the Black Cats over three seasons, admitted that he was “very lucky to get a conversation” with the club’s hierarchy.

Talks were, however, premature, with Yorke admitting that he tried and failed in becoming Sunderland’s new boss.

“I tried to get the Sunderland job recently,” the 45-year-old said.

“I’ve been very lucky to get a conversation and that’s all it was. Then, of course, the owner’s looking to sell, a consortium of people are looking to buy the club so it’s always a little tricky in that sense.

“That was the last job I tried to apply for.”

Yorke has been keeping close tabs on Sunderland’s Championship rivals Aston Villa’s demise over recent seasons, with the ex-Villa striker applying for that job none other than THREE times.

However, despite not even getting an interview with Villa, Yorke says he “knows what it takes” in the Championship having won the division at a canter with Sunderland back in 2007.

He added: “They’ve got a great support and again, a club I played for so I can understand what it takes. As I’ve said, I have the experience of playing in the Championship for six months and winning that league.”

The Trinidadian has previously spoken out about the lack of opportunities being given to young and unproven managers.

Yorke, though, says experience isn’t everything and cited former teammate Jaap Stam’s success at Reading last year as a prime example of what can be achieved if given an opportunity.

“I know what it takes,” added Yorke, who was deployed as a holding midfielder during his Sunderland days.

“People say you need loads of experience for the different levels and all that kind of business. You look at managers, in terms of their lifespan these days, their very low so you just want to go in there and try to bring a team that people understand.

“You could be an experienced manager or a non-experienced manager, if players don’t buy into what you’re saying you’re never going to get anywhere, no matter how much experience you’ve got.

“You’ve seen experienced people fail, you’ve seen new people been given a chance and been successful – people like Jaap Stam, first time.

“Look at Gareth Southgate, what has he done? He’s at England at the top of the tree.

“Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and, if you get a good feel to it, that’s how it is.”

When asked what sort of football does a Dwight Yorke team play, Yorke said: “Attacking football.

“There’s another side of football as we all know, but what’s the point of playing football and being negative?

“I’m not a negative kind of person. I assume, from my conversation, that doesn’t exist.

“We play attacking football but in the right way.

“At times you’ve got to close up shop and play a certain way but I would like to line-up in an attacking formation.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
WATCH: Dwight Yorke shows he still has it as he scores in Manchester United Legends’ 3-1 win over Barcelona Legends

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fge5JAw2ieo?start=245" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fge5JAw2ieo?start=245</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2017, 02:46:15 PM »
Boss game, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Yorke on the same field again :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
watch the full highlights. Yorke is pure class.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2017, 01:11:40 PM »
I wish Rivaldo had scored that rabona.
How does Yorke still have a six pack? Forget football management, he should make a fitness program

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2017, 07:13:24 PM »
I wish Rivaldo had scored that rabona.
How does Yorke still have a six pack? Forget football management, he should make a fitness program
Yea Rivaldo pull that off nice, had it scored it would've been a beauty. That Barca ManU Champions League game in 99 (I think) is one of the best games I've seen, Rivaldo even scored a bicycle.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #310 on: July 03, 2017, 01:55:02 AM »
Former Manchester United star Dwight Yorke facing bankruptcy as company assets dwindle to £2.
By Michael Hamilton (thesun).

CASH DWIGHTMARE

It is a far cry from the ex-footballer's glittering 20-year career during which he helped the Red Devils to the treble and earned millions of pounds.

FORMER Man Utd star Dwight Yorke faces a bankruptcy hearing tomorrow after his company’s assets dwindled to £2.

The 45-year-old, dad to Katie Price’s son Harvey, has a case listed at the High Court.

The hearing is one of 13 to be held at the Rolls Building, which handles voluntary bankruptcy applications and creditors’ demands.

It also deals with companies being struck off, although the former striker is named in person on the court list.

No details are given as to who is bringing the case.

A source said: “When you think of how successful Dwight was as a player, it is hard to believe it has come to this.”

It is a far cry from Yorke’s glittering 20-year football career during which he helped United to the treble in 1999 and earned millions of pounds.

Yorke, who retired in 2009, set up his company Dwight Yorke Promotions in 1997.

Its latest records, from September 2015, show its held assets of £6,094, down 73 per cent on the previous year.

But the company owed £6,092 in bank overdraft fees and long-term loans, meaning it had net assets of just £2.

An application for it to be struck off was lodged at Companies House last month.

Land Registry records also show a string of charges against Yorke’s £3million home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.

The source added: “Life has not been so easy off the pitch.

“His company has not done very well recently so the hearing could be to do with the company and not just his personal finances.”

Yorke, who also played for Aston Villa, Blackburn and Sunderland,  has worked as a TV pundit since retiring.

His spokesman denied he faced a bankruptcy hearing  but declined to say what the High Court case was about.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2017, 05:52:28 AM »
Steups. Not sure that this is "news" that's fit to print.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:55:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »
WATCH: FIFA and Chill with Dwight Yorke

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E0GkzWdE33U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E0GkzWdE33U</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2017, 12:56:41 AM »
Yorke puts mansion up for sale.
T&T Express Reports.

DWIGHT YORKE has put his Cheshire mansion up for sale for a cool £2.25million.

According to reports in the British media, the six-bedroom property in Alderley Edge has six bedrooms and bathrooms—and was once the home he shared with Katie Price.

The 45-year-old retired in 2009 but now regularly works as a pundit, alongside his ambassadorial role with United—but appears to have had enough of life in Cheshire.

The main entrance opens up into a square hallway, leading off into the property’s ground floor, which boasts five spacious reception rooms, the Manchester Evening News has reported. There’s also a modern, open-plan kitchen, with marble flooring, while the dining area sits snugly in a light, bay window, looking out onto the back garden.

A source said: “When you think of how successful Dwight was as a player, it is hard to believe it has come to this. Life has not been so easy off the pitch.

“His company has not done very well recently so the hearing could be to do with the company and not just his personal finances.”

Yorke set up his company Dwight Yorke Promotions in 1997 – two years before he helped United to a famous treble.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »
WATCH: Dwight Yorke scores a brace in Manchester United Legends’ 2-1 win over Swansea Legends in Alan Tate’s Testimonial. Yorke’s goals are at 48s and 2m31s.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RhotsuPrc-U?start=48" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RhotsuPrc-U?start=48</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2017, 12:04:19 AM »
Dwight Yorke has been around my entire life. He's 45 now, and i've never at any point been in better shape than him. And ive been fit my entire life. And he's specifically buffer than ever. He's probably the buffest person that I personally know. WDMC.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwight Yorke: How the Smiling Assassin made it to Manchester United
« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
Dwight Yorke: How the Smiling Assassin made it to Manchester United
By Alex Caple (clickon.co)

Dwight Yorke’s football career is undoubtedly most famous for his part in Manchester United’s Treble Win. But outside of that, the striker is most known for a relationship with Jordan (no, not the country, but the one with the boobs) and for saying how great he’d be as Aston Villa Manager.

And, why Aston Villa? Because he used to play for them! Not that that’s any real revelation to anyone who watched 90s Premier League football. But still, here’s how Dwight Yorke ended up at Manchester United.

Yorke had a start in football that would almost certainly never be seen in the Premier League these days. Having just finished 17th in their first season back in the First Division, Aston Villa set off on a West Indian Tour. It was in one of their friendlies there that manager Graham Taylor decided to hand a trial to who was effectively a random player who had once looked decent against them. That player was Dwight Yorke, and his trial evidently went well enough that he was offered permanent terms with Aston Villa – and, just like that, Yorke was a Premier League footballer.

Villa shot up the table in 1989/90, eventually finishing as runners-up to Liverpool. Yorke didn’t feature until right at the end, however, making his debut in March and playing just twice.

His second season saw him feature more, however, with 18 Premier League games and two goals in a season; where Villa sunk right back down to seventeenth. That change in fortune for the side had come about after a change of manager – Graham Taylor, the man who had first taken the chance on Yorke, had left to take over as England manager.

Jozef Vengloš had taken over after guiding Czechoslovakia to the World Cup quarter-finals (becoming the first non-British or Irish manager to take charge of a First Division team), but Villa’s slide down the table saw him sacked at the end of the season and replaced with ‘Big’ Ron Atkinson.

The important thing to note though is that Yorke initially started as a right winger. It would be a few years before he was leading the side in a centre forward role, but 91/92 was something of a breakout season.

Yorke hit 11 goals in the final season of the ‘Old’ First Division – before the Premier League began the following season. It was a good season for Villa, too, as they pushed right up to 7th in Atkinson’s first season.

A front two made up of club-record signing, Dean Saunders, and Dalian Atkinson were pushing Villa forward, and Yorke’s contribution to the 92/93 season was more withdrawn – he scored just the six – while the next season he managed just the two league goals in 12 games.

Villa won the Coca-Cola Cup that year, although Yorke wasn’t in the squad.

Yorke would have one more year on the fringes (six goals in 94/95) but that summer both Saunders and Atkinson were sold to Istanbul. It was a strange move, with Saunders joining up with Grahame Souness at Galatasaray, while Atkinson went to Fenerbache. Yorke, under new manager Brian Little, suddenly became the main man.

Goals followed. 34 Premier League goals in the next two seasons, 45 in all competitions. In 1996, Villa reached the League Cup final again, this time against Leeds United. Villa won 3-1, with Yorke scoring the third.

Now Yorke was a Premier League superstar, sharing the top scorers’ charts with the likes of Shearer, Fowler, Ferdinand, Cantona, and Wright. Villa were consistently finishing in the European places under Little, but things changed at the end of the ’97 season.

Villa smashed their club record to sign the wasted-talent Stan Collymore from Liverpool in May that year, meaning Yorke was no longer the leading striker at the club. Yorke still finished as top scorer, what with Collymore’s talent being wasted, but with just the twelve goals.

Villa also had a strange season, as being 15th in February saw Little sacked and replaced with the relatively inexperienced John Gregory. Gregory managed to turn things around, however, with Villa finishing a respectable 7th. They even qualified for Europe again.

Yorke had built a hell of a reputation by this stage, and interest from other clubs had been known for a while – particularly Manchester United. On the face of it, United look downright greedy to be considering striking options of Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and deciding that they could use another centre forward – although hindsight does a pretty solid job of proving them right.

The transfer was hardly smooth, however. Villa, understandably, wanted the deal to suit them too, asking for Andy Cole in return. United were far from interested in that one though, and instead chose to wait. Yorke proceeded to go to John Gregory and explain that he wanted to move, a meeting that Gregory did not look on favourably.

“If I had a gun, I would have shot him.”

John Gregory

Still, Villa tried to hold out. Yorke started their first game of the season against Everton but looked so pathetically uninterested that the club felt they had no choice but to sell him – a far cry from these days where everybody just pretends they’re injured or ill.

A £12.6m bid was accepted and Yorke moved to Man United on August 20th, 1998. He had a decent first season there – 29 goals and The Treble – so in the end, it was a pretty great move for him.

His reputation with Villa probably isn’t what it should be, though. The way he quit the club left a sour taste in the mouth, and despite being a one-time Villa hero, he joined Birmingham City in 2004. Here – for reasons only he might be able to understand – he claimed that Birmingham were a bigger club than Villa. Smooth.

Yorke’s career was an interesting one, and it’s certainly quite sad that “The Smiling Assassin” fell apart so rapidly after his United move, let alone that he tore up his own reputation with Villa. One thing that certainly hasn’t changed is that Dwight Yorke remains one of Aston Villa’s most gifted ever players.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
 Sergio Aguero is now the top scoring non-European player in Premier League history (124), overtaking Dwight Yorke (123).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke to represent GEMS Education and ESM Football Academy
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »
Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke to represent GEMS Education and ESM Football Academy
MENA Herald

Dwight Yorke, Manchester United, Premier League and Trinidad & Tobago legend, has joined GEMS Education and the ESM Football Academy. His new role as ambassador will see him helping aspiring young footballers in Dubai to enhance their player development.

After a career spanning 20 years in English football, Dwight Yorke has played many significant development roles including being the Assistant Manager for Sunderland & Trinidad & Tobago. As a football analyst at major mediums and a current member of FIFA’s Development Committee, the 45-year-old has always had a long-term ambition to coach and especially to work with young players.

Dwight said: “As a member of the FIFA Development Committee, I am extremely passionate about helping young footballers achieve their immediate and long term goals. I can understand the challenges of playing football in a small country and really relate to their dreams of playing in the major football leagues around the world.

“Many young players and parents feel it’s not possible to have a future playing here in the UAE. I can tell you, coming from the Caribbean, anything is possible. To see what ESM Football Academy have been doing for the last 12 years in the UAE is very encouraging and it’s only going to get better. This is where it starts and we’ll be implementing the best options and methods for each player at the academy, to give them structure and the opportunity to have a bright future.”

GEMS Education and the ESM Football Academy have also partnered to launch the GEMS Football Cup in the GEMS Sport Series, which creates healthy and competitive sports capabilities among students within the GEMS network of schools.

Sir Christopher Stone, Chief Education Officer, GEMS Education, said: "Having a sports legend like Dwight Yorke as a mentor is every young footballer’s dream come true! At GEMS Education, we welcome this excellent opportunity to develop our students’ extra-curricular sporting skills."

Dwight Yorke has been coached and managed by many great football tacticians, such as the magnificent Sir Alex Ferguson. He has combined his playing experience with the very best youth coaching methodology to offer young players at the ESM Football Academy the chance to develop individual technique and enhance vision and decision-making skills.

Managing Director at ESM Football Academy, James Bowring, said: “ESM Football will stick to its strong long-term vision of helping produce quality players in the UAE, and giving boys and girls the opportunities to consider a professional career in the ‘beautiful game’ post their studies.

“We all understand the importance of youth development of young players here in the UAE. Dwight Yorke will be a fantastic addition to our development programs, offering an invaluable insight in to playing at the highest level. This experience and view point will benefit the talent we have here and help produce new generation of players,” added Bowring.

Dwight Yorke will begin his role at ESM Football Academy mid-September 2017 and will be on the training ground at all ESM Football Academy venues, working with the Development Squads from the Early Touch Programs across the spectrum.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:18 AM »
Yorke delivers Utd kits to T&T.
T&T Express Reports.

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO’S World Cup 2006 captain Dwight Yorke has made good on his promise to provide a large shipment of Manchester United training kits and equipment to a number of teams in this country.

Back in June, Yorke had announced that he was able to use his influence at United, where he is one of the club’s ambassadors, to obtain the training gear through the Manchester United Foundation. The stock arrived in Port of Spain earlier this month and was received by Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Darryl Smith.

“I am delighted to confirm that a massive amount of Manchester United kit and football equipment such as boots, balls and cones have finally arrived in Trinidad and Tobago and was collected by the Ministry of Sport.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2017, 05:44:24 AM »
 :thumbsup: Right now everything is welcomed. Good going Dwight.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
Let's hope the goodies reach the intended and not the kids of MoS employees etc.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »
Let's hope the goodies reach the intended and not the kids of MoS employees etc.

ent?!!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »

Funny enough, I'm sure they are also the intended. People underestimate just how much suffering really taking place in Trinidad.

Somebody needs to advise Dwight. This should have been collected and distributed by his representatives on behalf of his foundation(if he has one). MOS don't need to be involved. This is a private venture. Again, why does Government has to be involved in everything?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2017, 07:42:54 PM »
Exactly

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »
I just find it a little off-putting that a man who want a manager job is going to the press about it before anything happen.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here's what Dwight Yorke must do if he is serious about being a football manager
« Reply #328 on: November 15, 2017, 06:48:36 AM »
Here's what Dwight Yorke must do if he is serious about being a football manager
By Mat Kendrick (Birmingham Mail)

“Start spreading the news. He’s applying for another big job. He wants to be a part of it, Dwight Yorke, Dwight Yorke.”

Great footballer, one of the finest players I have had the pleasure of seeing pull on the claret and blue shirt of Aston Villa.

But if Dwight Yorke really wants to prove he can match as a boss what he achieved with a ball then he probably needs to re-think his career plan.

Yorke has given an interview on talkSPORT today claiming that he has applied for the vacancy at Sunderland, only for CEO Martin Bain to blank his calls.

Okay, so the free-falling Mackems are not exactly on the same scale as another of his former clubs Manchester United and we are talking about a lower Championship opportunity, not a top Premier League one.

Even so, given their plight, surely Sunderland will be looking for a gaffer with a modicum of managerial experience?

Yorke has never been a manager and can only point to a brief coaching stint with Trinidad and Tobago.

As a player, Yorke was plucked from the beaches of his home nation and catapulted into the top tiers of English football by the late, great Graham Taylor.

He justified GT’s faith and then some, going on to become a Villa hero and a highly decorated Man United superstar.

Making that meteoric rise as a player is one thing, climbing the management ladder at such breakneck speeds is an entirely different proposition.

Yorke has suggested on previous occasions that his skin colour might have been a barrier to him progressing from pundit’s chair to dugout.

Just over a year ago he made a play for the Villa vacancy, between Roberto Di Matteo and Steve Bruce’s tenures.

When asked whether his failure to get job interviews was down to his lack of managerial experience or his colour, Yorke replied:

“I think there’s a bit of both there,” he said. “I genuinely think there’s a bit of both.

“It’s often been discussed, no-one has really taken it up. When I speak to everybody, certainly black players who are trying to break into the managerial department, they are coming up against the same concept because of your race.

“Okay, maybe you will never get a chance to be a manager but it would be nice to go in there, present yourself, get to know that person and (for them to) say, ‘Okay, Dwight, we like your concept, but you’re not experienced enough. Go away and do this or do that.’”

Does Yorke really need a board of directors on an interview panel to tell him to ‘Go away and do this or do that’?

Just going away and doing it - ‘it’ being setting his sights lower and trying to enter management at League One, Two or Conference level - is the obvious course of action.

Yorke might have seen his former Man United team-mate Roy Keane walk straight into a big job at Sunderland several years ago, but there aren’t too many cases where that happens.

More often than not bright young managers, regardless of race, have to work their way up. Take Kevin Nolan at Notts County for example.

Black bosses Paul Ince and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink took a similar route into English football management at Macclesfield Town and Burton Albion respectively.

If Yorke wants to genuinely test the theory that his race rather than his resume is holding him back then he knows what he has to do.

The next time he contacts a chief executive in the top two divisions to express his interest in a job he should enclose a CV that boasts of lower league management experience and success.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 15, 2017, 11:36:41 AM »
I know DY is a national icon. Well deserved. I have the greatest respect for him. But I really can’t side with him on this. At least Latas paid his dues by actually coaching in Scotland. If DY really serious why could he not get an assistant job at UTD or Villa before trying at a EPL team. To me he is putting the cart before the donkey. There were openings in TT. Central had an opening. What happen? He want ready-made team. He cyah handle TT “put-hounds”. Ah mean, is coaching Signal Hill for one season beyond his status?  What makes him so exceptional, that he feel he should be given an EPL team to coach.

1]; } ?>