April 23, 2024, 10:07:32 PM

Author Topic: Bonafide Coach Wanted for National Women's TEAM  (Read 8223 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Bonafide Coach Wanted for National Women's TEAM
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »
If we look at the parallel course of our senior national teams, then it is about time we advocate for a bonafide professional coach to take our Lady Warriors to the next level.

Obviously we have the talent, given our competitive showing in the last tournament. With the exception of one game our Lady's team was  competitive. I think however they will suffer the same fate and growing pains until the TTFF realize that the present coach is not the answer to taking our ladies to the big stage.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=10643.0

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=10499.0

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2186.msg14762#msg14762

« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 09:47:53 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Bonafide Coach Wanted for National Women's TEAM
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:57:12 PM »
shabazz is a good coach, maybe we could spend some resources bettering his training.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »
Some people thought that BSC was  a good coach at one time as well.

It's about finding that person with the experience, exposure and knowledge to take our players to the NEXT level. It's about bringing a sense of professionalism to our approach.

Offline stigmata

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 11:12:57 PM »
I agree with the Canadian boy. let he go an train an coach he friends in mucurapo road

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 11:15:41 PM »
List Shabazz successes as a coach to prove that he is good. You can draw from any area that he has coached.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 09:21:02 AM »
Ah say this once and i'll say it again... no way a man who held this country at ransome and is part of an "association" that breeds violence and pull the religious sheet over they face..should be representing this country at anything!!! Not to mention the detaining at Miami for using someone else's passport!! What an embarassment to the country. This man has been around long enough and has produced nothing more than strife, and disrespect throughout the ranks. I speak this from first hand knowledge as my Uncle used to be a member of the technical staff. JUST LIKE JACK, SHABAZZ OR WHATEVER HE FEEL LIKE CALLING HIMSELF NOWADAYS SHOULD BE GONE!!! In fact he should be serving some time!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »
Ah say this once and i'll say it again... no way a man who held this country at ransome and is part of an "association" that breeds violence and pull the religious sheet over they face..should be representing this country at anything!!! Not to mention the detaining at Miami for using someone else's passport!! What an embarassment to the country. This man has been around long enough and has produced nothing more than strife, and disrespect throughout the ranks. I speak this from first hand knowledge as my Uncle used to be a member of the technical staff. JUST LIKE JACK, SHABAZZ OR WHATEVER HE FEEL LIKE CALLING HIMSELF NOWADAYS SHOULD BE GONE!!! In fact he should be serving some time!

Put me on your fan club brother. I always ay if you stand for nothing you fall for everything. You could not have stated it better !!!

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 12:59:50 PM »
The first thing we should ask for in a national coach is if he has ever harboured any ill repute to the country.

Jamaal is a traitor. I have said this before and I will say it again. In any other country he would be in jail or worse.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:14 PM »
I'm not into bashing anyone, but what is being said here about Jamaal is well know to everyone, what puzzles me is doesn't the TTFF know about it also?he did not put himself there,somebody selected him,from what i know the TTFF has a process by which they select their Coaches,resume,interview etc

This is just another example of what's going on in our Football,Jamaal is just another pillar in our association (another yes man),he not rocking no boat he is one of the permanent guys,before he was involved he used to write all kind of articles in the newspapers about Football,he stop doing that some time now.

It's not him alone to blame.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:17:38 PM »
COOPS you totally right brother.. for it was his big brother JACK that bailed him out of that problem in MIAMI... We need to wipe the slate clean right after the WC. The hiring process you mentioned is correct however I know for a fact that certain men are pin pointed for certain roles and guided accordingly, so that when the opportunity presents itself, the favoured candidate is selected and needless to say is well informed and have some form of qualification. I only speak the truth here, not bad mouthing anyone what ever their name may be on any given day.. However the truth CUTS like a KNIFE.
SHABAZZ is a known TRAITOR! and look at the ticket fiasco ... see who else will sell us out for the DEVIL! As a businessman I understand the principle of obtaining a profit.. but what Simpaul was and or is charging... that is just rediculous.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 02:53:43 PM »
a pity though i know jamal as a good fella. long time ago
he did a lot of good work with caledonia team and the community back in the day.
I have to go with what all yuh say if his record bad then like everyone else -axe

Coaching women ain't for everybody a whole different approach involved.  I can't think of anyone in TT that could do it. 

Maybe you coops  ;)
take the wuck

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:07:10 PM »
a pity though i know jamal as a good fella. long time ago
he did a lot of good work with caledonia team and the community back in the day.
I have to go with what all yuh say if his record bad then like everyone else -axe

Coaching women ain't for everybody a whole different approach involved.  I can't think of anyone in TT that could do it. 

Maybe you coops  ;)
take the wuck
     You see it's not a matter of take the wuck,if the wuck is not made available you can't take it,how many times you ever see TTFF advertise for a Women's Football Coach,also there is a process by which it should be done.You does only hear about coaching positions in T&T after Coaches are selected.Sure if the position is made available and conditions are right i will consider but it will take a lot for me to leave what i'm doing here.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »
Well finally we about to talk real business about Women's fotball in T&T. I'll try not to say too much, but I have been concerned that the entire current staff has very little experience in the women's game other than nobody else wanted to do it. Yes, coaching women is a different ball game...ask Alvin Corneal? He run from a premier college in the US because he couldn't deal with coaching women.
The most important point though is that the Head Coach cannot travel legally to the US (he had to take 4 different flights to go to Mexico)or its territories. If so, how can he fully engage his efforts to scout US based talent, bring the team for preparation games and he himself engage in development opportunities? Canada and Mexico are two regional countries who have fully maximised every opportunity within the US system to rapidly advance the progress of their women's programs.
This is bad business and the most telling sign that TTFF does not care about the future of women's football. The current staff is way behind in player development trends internationally although primarily because they don't get the necessary support. Professional integrity and ethics are also a concern.
I've said my piece.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Bazodee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 07:20:37 PM »
Having read all the posts in this forum, I agree to a point, but I think that we are looking at the wrong end of things to solve the problem.

Shabazz has his past; we can't change that. I won't go into character assasination, save to say that I understand why some in this forum don't lke him.

I am a well - connected coach here in the US, with several coacing certificates. I am also a high - level referee.

A friend of mine who coaches at a university here in the US and is an assistant coach with the US youth national teams saw the Trinidad U-21 Womens' team play last year. To say that he was not impressed was an understatement.

Several years ago, I toured several schools in North and East Trinidad, looking at their football teams. Development at the lower levels within the schools was terrible at best. Poor passing & receiving; little organized possession play; bad individual skills (1 v 1, moves, touch, etc.) The girls' teams were generally worse than the boys.

Bottom line: we are doing a poor job of developing the youth players. Schools are NOT the place to do this development; we need to build a good club system with training for the coaches.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 07:34:01 PM »
Having read all the posts in this forum, I agree to a point, but I think that we are looking at the wrong end of things to solve the problem.

Shabazz has his past; we can't change that. I won't go into character assasination, save to say that I understand why some in this forum don't lke him.

I am a well - connected coach here in the US, with several coacing certificates. I am also a high - level referee.

A friend of mine who coaches at a university here in the US and is an assistant coach with the US youth national teams saw the Trinidad U-21 Womens' team play last year. To say that he was not impressed was an understatement.

Several years ago, I toured several schools in North and East Trinidad, looking at their football teams. Development at the lower levels within the schools was terrible at best. Poor passing & receiving; little organized possession play; bad individual skills (1 v 1, moves, touch, etc.) The girls' teams were generally worse than the boys.

Bottom line: we are doing a poor job of developing the youth players. Schools are NOT the place to do this development; we need to build a good club system with training for the coaches.

who de arse you watch to not see individual skill.

that iz de best if not one of the only things we could fall back on and say with our heads hugh.

yuh was in another country man not trini. say anything and i go take it but no individual skill.... i aint buying it

or are you talking about just the girls?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »
Question about shabazz record has not yet been answered ....I think that may give some light on the discussion.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 07:44:21 PM »

who de arse you watch to not see individual skill.

that iz de best if not one of the only things we could fall back on and say with our heads hugh.

yuh was in another country man not trini. say anything and i go take it but no individual skill.... i aint buying it

or are you talking about just the girls?

Seems obvious de man talking about de girls, but de boys eh far behind when it comes tuh de basics.

read de man post good.  He talking de trute

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 07:56:51 PM »
nah boy when it come to thchnical skill and team possession and all that i agree we have far to go but individual skill not lacking in trini.

i play on maracas last sunday and i see nuff skill to burn

spanner and small beat cyar stop share on de twin island
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »
What they think is skill and good player in T&T is average at best here in the US.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Observations made on the level of the players and player development across the board is accurate.
I'd say that the system is warped...better yet...there is no system! :(
Bazodee, you are among many who are US based involved in the women's game at a high level who are quiet aware how far behind T&T is.
I know that many of us can lend our experience and expertise to help improve the program. I don't mean that any of us should become the coach, but I'm sure that we have some very viable candidates here.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 08:05:22 PM »
well yes, toots again all over the board.

lemme start by asking matador, if he suggesting paying 1/2 million a month for another "beenie" for the womens' team now....so we could have a coach with "accomplishments".  In fact lewwe hire a million dollar coach for tennis, basketball, hockey, golf, swimming, mens and womens.  The country I come from could only barely afford to hire this one beenie, until world cup done, and maybe a little after (if we close we eyes).

Another point kinda raised by CK1 was - who wanted the job of T&T national Women's coach back in the day, 6, 7 years ago?  anybody know of any coaches who apply for the job and get rejected?  and to tell you the truth is that what bias me most eh, is that he was there up for the job from the start.

third point - womens football in t&T is almost completely confined to secondary schools football.  I have a sister on one of the top 5 women's school teams in trinidad - she first kick a ball 3 years ago, and has no form of fundamentals - how to head the ball, trap properlt etc.
I have a daughter in the us in her 3rd season of playing.  she is 9yrs old/.  she doesn't even like football.    this is the social norm for 9yr old us girls.

Question:  why we talking about reaping when we ent sow?
Is the solution a millioin dollar coach for the T&T women's team?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »
What they think is skill and good player in T&T is average at best here in the US.  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Observations made on the level of the players and player development across the board is accurate.
I'd say that the system is warped...better yet...there is no system! :(
Bazodee, you are among many who are US based involved in the women's game at a high level who are quiet aware how far behind T&T is.
I know that many of us can lend our experience and expertise to help improve the program. I don't mean that any of us should become the coach, but I'm sure that we have some very viable candidates here.

i hadda disagree with wah u say bout our good players being average in de US...if that is so how come so many players not even considered the best in their secondary school get scholarships in de US? If there is such an abundance of talent in the US then they wudnt want our "average"players.
I totally agree that we are way behind the US in our development of players etc, but that is a whole different story.
Back in Trini...

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 08:39:35 AM »
well yes, toots again all over the board.

lemme start by asking matador, if he suggesting paying 1/2 million a month for another "beenie" for the womens' team now....so we could have a coach with "accomplishments".  In fact lewwe hire a million dollar coach for tennis, basketball, hockey, golf, swimming, mens and womens.  The country I come from could only barely afford to hire this one beenie, until world cup done, and maybe a little after (if we close we eyes).

Another point kinda raised by CK1 was - who wanted the job of T&T national Women's coach back in the day, 6, 7 years ago?  anybody know of any coaches who apply for the job and get rejected?  and to tell you the truth is that what bias me most eh, is that he was there up for the job from the start.

third point - womens football in t&T is almost completely confined to secondary schools football.  I have a sister on one of the top 5 women's school teams in trinidad - she first kick a ball 3 years ago, and has no form of fundamentals - how to head the ball, trap properlt etc.
I have a daughter in the us in her 3rd season of playing.  she is 9yrs old/.  she doesn't even like football.    this is the social norm for 9yr old us girls.

Question:  why we talking about reaping when we ent sow?
Is the solution a millioin dollar coach for the T&T women's team?

Bounty Killer to answer your question directed to me: I will support a coach which has gone through the process of elimination and application, as COOPS directly said, there is supposed to be a process by which things are implemented. Unfortunately we only find out about the the opportunity after the fact. I have always said, to compete internationally where the other countries talent pool is much larger than ours we will need a coach whos experienced in the international scene as well as qualified to do the job. If we are only concerned about competing locally and regionally, then a coach with less international experience but qualified to do the job will be required. Remember you only get what you pay or paid for... As for spending the money.. I rather see it spent towards obtaining results than for it to be stolen, misplaced, loaned(never to be repaid), or simply spent under flase pretenses. The sky is the limit for our people and our region of the world.. why allow the half way dying greedy two tongue friend friend type politics to continue to hold our progress down.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »

Bounty Killer to answer your question directed to me: I will support a coach which has gone through the process of elimination and application, as COOPS directly said, there is supposed to be a process by which things are implemented. Unfortunately we only find out about the the opportunity after the fact. I have always said, to compete internationally where the other countries talent pool is much larger than ours we will need a coach whos experienced in the international scene as well as qualified to do the job. If we are only concerned about competing locally and regionally, then a coach with less international experience but qualified to do the job will be required. Remember you only get what you pay or paid for... As for spending the money.. I rather see it spent towards obtaining results than for it to be stolen, misplaced, loaned(never to be repaid), or simply spent under flase pretenses. The sky is the limit for our people and our region of the world.. why allow the half way dying greedy two tongue friend friend type politics to continue to hold our progress down.

Again well put. But you are knocking on closed doors as far as the supporters of the TTFF are concerned..... you know there is a jingle you used to hear on the local radio ....is you who breeding mosquitoes so they must feed on you....
This is for all those who believe that we are really being honest by not facing the cancerous behavior of those running football in T&T. Who will suffer in the end ?? We all know what is going but who pays the piper calls the tune and quite a few parasites  are feeding at the trough now so dey eh moving. I am surprised that Coops was so forthright since he nows the TTFF do not tolerate thinkers or those who cant say yes to everything. ...not if he a plans to be a part of anything under this administration.
What has Shabazz, or Hyron Best,  achieved  since he has been ladies coach for 7 years and more ???? no one wants to say ...so let me say ...... Precious little !!
 So should be stay..... why not ? How is he different to the other hangers on in the TTFF???
What does Camps do except say .jack is out of the country or no comment or I not going down that road. ? You see when there is a cancer it spreads, and to remove it you must remove all the areas it has affected then hope for the best. Are we ready for that ?
we are all focussed on the soca warriors while the man running the show has just been indicted by an oganisation for breaking their  honour code.. ( the first man ever ) but who cares...let the music play !!!
A man was part of a movement that killed innocent people, anyone ever asked what happened to the de Vignes family, you know the forgoten parliamentarian who was killed during the insurection ??? Has anyone researched the damage to families which suffered when their breadwinner, be it innocent bystander or policeman was killed ? Has Mr shabazz ever apologized for his actions then ..... If not then he could do it again !
i have made a personal stand that as long as that sort of thinking prevails in the TFF and trinidad as a whole , not my son. my  daughter or my  dog will represent the TTFF run fooball assciation.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
Well said, and should you ever decide to act upon those words count me in the battle. Fellas lets unite and stand up for what we know is the truth, get rid of all the normalities we have all grown up with and in.. Lets set a standard by which others must follow or use as examples, the youth of our nation depends on people like us. The forum gives us the opportunity to unite, express, share, etc etc but hopefully it gives us the opportunity to resolve...
I say get rid of Shabazz just like they did with Gally, St.Clair etc etc..

HE MUST GO!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »
I really like the comments and views expressed on this topic,having said that over the years i've been involved in T&T Football i've heard from so many ppl with good intensions and mean well for the game in our country,what i've noticed about these ppl is that they always stand alone when water is more than flower and have to pay the price all by themselves,we have a major problem in T&T when it comes to situations like this no one supports you but they all want to reap the benefits,no one or two ppl can stand up to the TTFF you are wasting time and you can't remove anybody in there.

I like you guys and appreciate all what you are saying but if we don't or can't unite in our struggles we heading for failure,i've seen too many Clubs,Players,Coaches,Administrators get lick up by the TTFF,i had personal experience myself i was discarded in 89 as head Coach of the Shell Squad because i stood up for the players.

I'll give you all an example they got rid of Gally,Bsc,Nakhid nobody supported these guys,right or wrong they need us because we needed them at one time,when i see my buddy Sammy Llewlyn one of the best players this country ever produce banned for life that hurts.All of us who say we are die hard supporters got to wake up,the picture we are seeing is not as nice as it appears,look behind it and you will realize what i'm talking about.

I like this forum because it gives me the opportunity to bring forward a lot of things i had inside me,i still have two articles i wrote since after we failed to qualify in 89 never got it published, it was my feelings then and still is now.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »
I really like the comments and views expressed on this topic,having said that over the years i've been involved in T&T Football i've heard from so many ppl with good intensions and mean well for the game in our country,what i've noticed about these ppl is that they always stand alone when water is more than flower and have to pay the price all by themselves,we have a major problem in T&T when it comes to situations like this no one supports you but they all want to reap the benefits,no one or two ppl can stand up to the TTFF you are wasting time and you can't remove anybody in there.

I like you guys and appreciate all what you are saying but if we don't or can't unite in our struggles we heading for failure,i've seen too many Clubs,Players,Coaches,Administrators get lick up by the TTFF,i had personal experience myself i was discarded in 89 as head Coach of the Shell Squad because i stood up for the players.

I'll give you all an example they got rid of Gally,Bsc,Nakhid nobody supported these guys,right or wrong they need us because we needed them at one time,when i see my buddy Sammy Llewlyn one of the best players this country ever produce banned for life that hurts.All of us who say we are die hard supporters got to wake up,the picture we are seeing is not as nice as it appears,look behind it and you will realize what i'm talking about.

I like this forum because it gives me the opportunity to bring forward a lot of things i had inside me,i still have two articles i wrote since after we failed to qualify in 89 never got it published, it was my feelings then and still is now.

Post them here Coops . Maybe we can even start a new topic where people with first hand experince like yours could gat a hearing. We all know certain stories wont make the newspapers because cetain interests ae protected.  Do you know an express spots editor was told that his criicism of a certain adviser of football is not going down well at the paper since this adviser is ...one of our shareholders ... but keep up the good work. Take that !

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »
but nah man coops, yuh encouragin these fellas to talk bout government, and TTFF....yuh know how trini like to blame some imaginary big figurehead for all we problems.  I didn't see no "U.S. soccer" when I drop my daughter off to football practice yesterday.  The coach is a parent jus like me...alright, I must admit, the city provide the refs for matches on saturdays, but is no setta TTFF to organise dat...you know what I'm saying?  Is for some parents who daughters going to Sacred Hearts, to talk to the principal there and then talk to Newtown girls...whoever...and say we rtying out a league, these age categories, games on saturdays talk to the principals - well somebody have to drop the children off to the games on saturdays so yuh have a built in crowd.
we cyah be like cpep workers and talk bout " government ent give we no wok, so I home here limin' on the block."  TTff ent organisin no league so lewwe change the national womens team coach.   And now is the time too with the public interest.  IS a social change.
on another note though, I notice the womens team rated much higher than the mens, which tells me that it have bigger "football countries" than us, who ent take the lead in teh womens game.
If we start up soon we go reach man.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »
dctriniwhite: In response to your question about why US colleges want our avarage players? Well to tell you the truth, many of the coaches are sold a false standar by whom ever promoting these players with National Team pedegree. It is only a handful of these playes who have had any significant impact in the programs they play for. Do you see any of them on any top 25 college teams? Compare that to haw many you see from the Canada and Mexico; Sweden Norway; Nigeria. No...why? because in the grand scheme they are average...I just spoke to a coach a few days ago who had a so- called national player try out for his team(Div.II) he was so embarrased :o :-[...especially since he told me that he spoke with the head coach prior to the tryout and he real" big up" the player.  ::)
Competition is fierce to recruit as many quality players here, therefore college coaches have to look outside for additional talent. Trini is just one more place they look because some of these schools are HBCU and they can't find or attract enough quality black players from within the US.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 02:05:51 PM »
dctriniwhite: In response to your question about why US colleges want our avarage players? Well to tell you the truth, many of the coaches are sold a false standar by whom ever promoting these players with National Team pedegree. It is only a handful of these playes who have had any significant impact in the programs they play for. Do you see any of them on any top 25 college teams? Compare that to haw many you see from the Canada and Mexico; Sweden Norway; Nigeria. No...why? because in the grand scheme they are average...I just spoke to a coach a few days ago who had a so- called national player try out for his team(Div.II) he was so embarrased :o :-[...especially since he told me that he spoke with the head coach prior to the tryout and he real" big up" the player.  ::)
Competition is fierce to recruit as many quality players here, therefore college coaches have to look outside for additional talent. Trini is just one more place they look because some of these schools are HBCU and they can't find or attract enough quality black players from within the US.

actually i do agree that some of these coaches are sold on a false standard...I seen some players who have gone on full schols to the US and have no idea how on earth they did it..Connections truly must help..But i guess we have to agree to disagree on that all of our "top" players would just be average.
 :beermug:
Back in Trini...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
nah boy when it come to thchnical skill and team possession and all that i agree we have far to go but individual skill not lacking in trini.

i play on maracas last sunday and i see nuff skill to burn

spanner and small beat cyar stop share on de twin island

What you calling "skills" isn't really recognized anywhere else but in Trinidad. What you talking bout is beat, an isolated ability to leave out a man.

That ent really useful  when our players do not have good technical skills needed to collect the ball and good passing skills and running skills to use it effectively. Then you have crossing skills and heading skills, tackling skills and markings skills.

Beating is a small part of a player's game. If all Ronaldinho could do was beat he would be nowhere.

As a nation we lacking skills
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>