March 28, 2024, 04:38:25 AM

Author Topic: Bonafide Coach Wanted for National Women's TEAM  (Read 8153 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Bonafide Coach Wanted for National Women's TEAM
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 04:39:06 PM »
nah boy when it come to thchnical skill and team possession and all that i agree we have far to go but individual skill not lacking in trini.

i play on maracas last sunday and i see nuff skill to burn

spanner and small beat cyar stop share on de twin island

What you calling "skills" isn't really recognized anywhere else but in Trinidad. What you talking bout is beat, an isolated ability to leave out a man.

That ent really useful  when our players do not have good technical skills needed to collect the ball and good passing skills and running skills to use it effectively. Then you have crossing skills and heading skills, tackling skills and markings skills.

Beating is a small part of a player's game. If all Ronaldinho could do was beat he would be nowhere.

As a nation we lacking skills

read the article good and see how de man say we lacking 1v1 moves and thats y i disagreed
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
Since eveyone is bashing shabazz ( hyron best) let says some things in his defence he is not the only person in some position of authority with a past we have gov`t ministers and crookeed politictions all over TT. Jamaal has a proven track record of working and devolping young playes let me name a few Hudson(barber) Charles, Densil Theobald, Colin(sparrow) Richards in his day, Jerry Moore, just to name a few. This is the same Hyron Best (shabaaz) who was a the for front when AIA Calidonia united was organised, he was also a fine goalkeeper in his day if not the best, I am not condoning his position in the coup but let look at a fellow`s hold record before we condem him. Another what is talent level of the womens football team, me personelly I would leave him as coach they have soon great improvement and is far from being a yes man

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 07:00:12 PM »
I think we having a little problem here,can someone define for me what is Technic,Skill and Technical skills?i'm asking this so i can understand some of the Posts a little better.  

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 10:05:25 PM »
I say take the bull by the horns.. Bounty Killer say other bigger countries not succeeding so what that mean we have to wait till they start to learn or follow from them?? Boy for a change let us do some leading ... Seven years as head coach and nothing to prove.. so what if he was a good GK etc etc.. the man tarnished himself and should never have been in the position he is in now .. I say get RID OF HIM!! If we can advertise the position let us go through the process and find the right candidate.. Our female warriors deserve the best we can provide for them..   

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 09:45:44 AM »
I think that bashing J.Bazz is not necessarily the answer because he in a situation where he is limited in many areas and he didn't appoint himself as the coach...even though "friend - friend ting" seems obvious as that is the Trini way of doing things.
The TTFF is untimately responsible for all the shortcomings and hindered progress we talking about. Coops: you bring up a pretty sad memory about Sammy being banned for life...TTFF have a history of doing more harm than good for football. Yesterday I learned that Crispin St.Louis passed away after a long battle with cancer. He is part of a lost generation of extermely talented footballers who our nation lost out on because of the lack of organizational structure within the TTFF. Over the past 20 years it is the same TTFF that still have we programs and player development suffering...the same thief; con-artist;poppet master;skull-duggerer running Trini football today.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
the same thief; con-artist;poppet master;skull-duggerer running Trini football today.

Boy you got all the man names right oui.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 01:42:22 PM »
Skill in football is being able to adapt quickly to a immediate situation ex. beating a defender. Technique on the other hand is receiving properply, passing properly, ex. when a player receive a ball their first touch into space and away from the defender would be technique.

We lack technique, let me rephrase....our technique in most of our women players are lacking. We do not have a proper first touch, we can beat but most of the young ladies cannot effectively run with the ball, amongst other things.

Jamaal has a proven track record of working and developing young players let me name a few Hudson(barber) Charles, Densil Theobald, Colin(sparrow) Richards in his day, Jerry Moore, just to name a few.

Again these are men, working with women is a whole different ball game. Trying talking with women who use to be on the National Team or who just quit playing for the National team and hear what they say. Have you ever seen a person glad, I mean ecstatic, not to make the national team, or a person being selected for the team and refusing the selection?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 06:58:23 AM »
Fact is these women need our support, and a  lot of people do not support the team because of Shabazz! Another fact is the man had the team now for 7 long years.. and nothing but controversy to show for it.. He Must Go! Another good fact is that he is unable to scout our players here in the US and being a limited liability HE MUST GO!! Another fact is we cannot undo the wrong things we have done but we could at least show some sympathy and apologise especially to the fallen victims..He showed no remorse and is probably still adamant that his participation in the unrest was just... He Must Go!!! Fact is the football association is rotten from the top and to the core, but we can still based on those simple facts I mentioned call for any coach's head.. I AM CALLING FOR HIS! >:(

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
ah now readin dis post...my question is...

if not Jamaal...then who?? and are they willing to stepp up to the plate??
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
Did any one do a background check on this guy. Well, If all and sundry know of this Terrorist, then we have to look beyond the surface.
 My guess is that Shabbaz knows how to play the Jack game as he is eternally grateful to Uncle Jack for helping him out. Hear me well, when Manning rings the election bell - Shabbaz and his organization will help uncle Jack with the East / West corridor to bring home the bacon for the UNC.
 It is all about politics and lick- A-- - in the football fraternity.
 Some may call it survival, or even learning how to play the game.
 I call it lack of Integrity and men with no testicular fortitude.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 03:31:29 PM »
Fact is these women need our support, and a  lot of people do not support the team because of Shabazz! Another fact is the man had the team now for 7 long years.. and nothing but controversy to show for it.. He Must Go! Another good fact is that he is unable to scout our players here in the US and being a limited liability HE MUST GO!! Another fact is we cannot undo the wrong things we have done but we could at least show some sympathy and apologise especially to the fallen victims..He showed no remorse and is probably still adamant that his participation in the unrest was just... He Must Go!!! Fact is the football association is rotten from the top and to the core, but we can still based on those simple facts I mentioned call for any coach's head.. I AM CALLING FOR HIS! >:(

I cannot comment on Mr. Shabazz's coaching ability or record. I have heard from what should be a very credible source that Mr. Shabazz has recognised his actions during the coup as the worst possible thing he could have done to his country. One can even say that the work he has done with Caledonia, the women's basketball team, the women's football team comes out of a willingness to atone for his sins so to speak.

The most valid point for me is the disinterest that his being coach could cause among the population. That said, since the fall of women's netball in Trinidad, we are generally apethetic to women's sport at any rate.

JAck has the opportunity to defend himself in the press and on the platforms almost weekly. Shabazz no - I won't go into the character assassination against someone who isn't there to defend himself.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 05:41:10 PM »
I would give an example of how unprofessional Jamal is. At this one college there were Trinidadian women playing soccer. Jamal called the Head caoch to ask for one out of those to come home to  play an Olympic qualifier. The Coach ask him why that player and not the others? All he could say was he like that player. That's the best he could muster. The coach said to him that the others are better players than the one he wanted and how he (the coach) could not understand why Jamal was adamant about this one player.All this time music blasting lodly in the background and people talking. The truth be told Jamal new the others would not play for him so he could not ask for them. UNPROFESSIONAL.

Another example, he told one of our top female player that he has a plane ticket at the airport for her to come home to play. Upon arriving at the airport, no ticket. This young lady had to stay with some of his friends that she did not know until he find a ticket to send for her. IRRESPONSIBLE

This is the person we have coaching a National Team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 05:19:41 AM »
I'm not into bashing anyone, but what is being said here about Jamaal is well know to everyone, what puzzles me is doesn't the TTFF know about it also?he did not put himself there,somebody selected him,from what i know the TTFF has a process by which they select their Coaches,resume,interview etc

This is just another example of what's going on in our Football,Jamaal is just another pillar in our association (another yes man),he not rocking no boat he is one of the permanent guys,before he was involved he used to write all kind of articles in the newspapers about Football,he stop doing that some time now.

It's not him alone to blame.

And he provides muslimeen protection for Jack...the only man who could could boast about how much money he has without fear of being kidnapped !
Coops I once heard jack say .....dis Jamaal , he writing some good articles in de mirror , I think i will talk to him ..... the rest is history..objectivity gone through the window...out stepped Jamal the coach and yes man !
What a difference a dollar makes !!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006, 05:25:34 AM »

I cannot comment on Mr. Shabazz's coaching ability or record. I have heard from what should be a very credible source that Mr. Shabazz has recognised his actions during the coup as the worst possible thing he could have done to his country. One can even say that the work he has done with Caledonia, the women's basketball team, the women's football team comes out of a willingness to atone for his sins so to speak.

The most valid point for me is the disinterest that his being coach could cause among the population. That said, since the fall of women's netball in Trinidad, we are generally apethetic to women's sport at any rate.

JAck has the opportunity to defend himself in the press and on the platforms almost weekly. Shabazz no - I won't go into the character assassination against someone who isn't there to defend himself.

Ever heard about a parliamentarian called DEs Vignes ??? Well he was in the parliament attending to his business when these lunatics came in guns blazing .... He is dead now ...without a chance to defend himself !!
shabazz and the other murderers have changed our lives forever.... I agree with matador.... he should be in jail or worse. not being a successfgul coach should be our least concerns as far as this killer set free is concerned.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2006, 06:41:28 AM »
Alberta! What makes you say they are competitive? In relation to whom? Now don't get me wrong I am just asking.
How do they compete with USA, Canada and Mexico? These are the big 3 in CONCACAF Women's football.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »
Alberta! What makes you say they are competitive? In relation to whom? Now don't get me wrong I am just asking.
How do they compete with USA, Canada and Mexico? These are the big 3 in CONCACAF Women's football.

They don't compete they cannot compete against these big teams. The U-19 got destroyed from Canada in January down in Mexico.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
Shabazz suck...he had  his changes and fail...NEXT PLEASE

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
Shabazz suck...he had  his changes and fail...NEXT PLEASE
I relation to coaching he does not suck...He is good for his level. He has carried the team as far as he could and we need someone else to carry us to the next level.

I relation to his National service....throw away the key.

1]; } ?>