March 28, 2024, 12:06:12 PM

Author Topic: Suggested improvements for next Warrior Nation Sweat  (Read 3932 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Suggested improvements for next Warrior Nation Sweat
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »
Well the first one came and went, and it was a success in my book.

I think we should start to think about the next one and others to come, so I thought up some suggested improvements (while it fresh in mih mind) and invite you guys to add or delete as you see fit, so that when the next sweat roles around we would enjoy ourselves even more.  The foreigners could take notice too if they plan to follow suit.

1. Maybe we could make the day a permanent fixture on the WN calendar.  Possible days could be like the first Sat/Sun after carnival or christmas (since plenty men does come back around those times), or any other day that we could maximise on the influx of the foreign based contingent.  The foreign based folks could now plan better when they visit for Xmas or carnival.  Ah hearing talk about a foreigners vs local warriors brewing :thinking:

2. We could link up with a sponsor or two to have different colour jerseys...nothing fancy...just for the sweat.  Maybe Soccer World could help out here.  Men might still have to chip in with something if we don't get fully sponsored though.

3. Name tags could be given out upon registration or on the day depending on convenience, that way if oconorg or Andre Samuel not around and somebody too shy to introduce themselves, people could always see yuh 'handle' on yuh clothes.  We could get sticky tape for men who want to walk around bare back. :justkidding:

4. We could get a WN banner at the venue so people could feel important and thing...big up weself nah.

5. We need a doctor or nurse or ambulance services or at least a medicine kit at the sweat in case Andre Samuel get injured again :justkidding: ....or if men have to make twins on the field  ;D  allyuh know what ah talking about...call names and I would.. :whistling:.

6. To add some more interest in the game/s, maybe we could up the stakes from just bragging rights.  I not sure exactly how yet, but maybe collect a $5 or so from each player and the winning team get to buss the bank.  Or maybe vouchers for discounts on warriors kits...something..anything.

7. More food on the day.  Somebody suggested the pie man or doubles man too.  One thing for sure it would have a BIGGER pot for the fish broth so men wouldn't have to wait on two pots to bubble.

8. Maybe a bar, or least a couple more coolers of beers and whatnot, because ah feel the next sweat would be bigger.

9. Maybe tighter security wherever the venue is, so the outsiders wouldn't steal our cameras and cell phones.  Or maybe just put all our stuff where we could keep an eye on it for ourselves, or perhaps by the non-sweating warriors and lady warriors. :-\

10. COME EARLY AND BRING YUH FAMILY !!!  BRING YUH MAN / GYUL / HUSBAND / WIFE / OUTSIDE WOMAN...not if yuh wife coming / CHILDREN ETC....

11. Almost forget....get proper officials for the next sweat, so Jeferz and Small M wouldn't buss mih head...  :busshead:

Ah sure allyuh could come up with some more suggestions....or maybe discard some of mine.  Judging on rental of the grounds alone, I already see that maybe the contribution have to increase slightly for the next sweat.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested improvements for next Warrior Nation Sweat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »
excellent.....a lot of points you have there were considered....but im sure you are aware the timing(close to carnival)....makes it difficult for sponsors ect.....but the experiment out the way now......good suggestions though pardners.....leh we here allyuh
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 01:33:45 PM »
it should be on ah sunday everning when men doh have work or school also.

as far as the jerseys is concerned soccerworld customs mines for cheap.

men was telling me doh bring nobody thats why i came with only 1 guest

ah doubles man is ah good idea tho, but he have to be ready fuh ole talk cause i like my doubles perfect

i wanted a ASK TALLMAN session so we could see if we could ketch him with somthing he doh know

if we using the same location we should try to base it upstairs with de chairs and thing also
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »
Some body sen meh ah message when nex allyuh sweatin so ah cud warm-up. :rotfl:..I aint d bes but ah decent.
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline ß!aCkÒuT

• Sr. Warrior
  • Time To Play The Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 01:37:21 PM »
MorvantMan ....a nutsman mite be better.......d balehead nutsman who does b dissin up people in d stadium..wah he name is again
If love were a flame, it has ignited my soul...my one spark has created the magnificent fire of true passion

".The Poet."

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »
invite more nice tings ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
Ah sure allyuh could come up with some more suggestions....or maybe discard some of mine.  Judging on rental of the grounds alone, I already see that maybe the contribution have to increase slightly for the next sweat.

Everyting yuh had on yuh list was in de original plans, but due to several factors (time being one of dem), dey were unable to be implemented. Doh feel no way, it will all come together.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 01:56:15 PM »
Well the first one came and went, and it was a success in my book.

I think we should start to think about the next one and others to come, so I thought up some suggested improvements (while it fresh in mih mind) and invite you guys to add or delete as you see fit, so that when the next sweat roles around we would enjoy ourselves even more.  The foreigners could take notice too if they plan to follow suit.

1. Maybe we could make the day a permanent fixture on the WN calendar.  Possible days could be like the first Sat/Sun after carnival or christmas (since plenty men does come back around those times), or any other day that we could maximise on the influx of the foreign based contingent.  The foreign based folks could now plan better when they visit for Xmas or carnival.  Ah hearing talk about a foreigners vs local warriors brewing :thinking:

2. We could link up with a sponsor or two to have different colour jerseys...nothing fancy...just for the sweat.  Maybe Soccer World could help out here.  Men might still have to chip in with something if we don't get fully sponsored though.

3. Name tags could be given out upon registration or on the day depending on convenience, that way if oconorg or Andre Samuel not around and somebody too shy to introduce themselves, people could always see yuh 'handle' on yuh clothes.  We could get sticky tape for men who want to walk around bare back. :justkidding:

4. We could get a WN banner at the venue so people could feel important and thing...big up weself nah.

5. We need a doctor or nurse or ambulance services or at least a medicine kit at the sweat in case Andre Samuel get injured again :justkidding: ....or if men have to make twins on the field  ;D  allyuh know what ah talking about...call names and I would.. :whistling:.

6. To add some more interest in the game/s, maybe we could up the stakes from just bragging rights.  I not sure exactly how yet, but maybe collect a $5 or so from each player and the winning team get to buss the bank.  Or maybe vouchers for discounts on warriors kits...something..anything.

7. More food on the day.  Somebody suggested the pie man or doubles man too.  One thing for sure it would have a BIGGER pot for the fish broth so men wouldn't have to wait on two pots to bubble.

8. Maybe a bar, or least a couple more coolers of beers and whatnot, because ah feel the next sweat would be bigger.

9. Maybe tighter security wherever the venue is, so the outsiders wouldn't steal our cameras and cell phones.  Or maybe just put all our stuff where we could keep an eye on it for ourselves, or perhaps by the non-sweating warriors and lady warriors. :-\

10. COME EARLY AND BRING YUH FAMILY !!!  BRING YUH MAN / GYUL / HUSBAND / WIFE / OUTSIDE WOMAN...not if yuh wife coming / CHILDREN ETC....

11. Almost forget....get proper officials for the next sweat, so Jeferz and Small M wouldn't buss mih head...  :busshead:

Pardners,

Yep, these issues were minuted in our meetings, however the time and money constraints were the biggest issues. Also, we were all very busy at the time and lapsed a bit with some of the following up. i can assure you that between now and the next sweat things will be alot better executed.
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 02:08:23 PM »
Nice to hear things already in swing.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 02:47:38 PM »
I like de suggestions dey pardners

I was thinking...

We should organize to rent out my school ground on a weekend.

Is in West Morrings.

It have a bess hard cort gymnasium so we can have both a big goal competition and ah small goal competetion.

We hadda organize medels and or trophys and ting.

I can find out about de costs.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »
I wudnt mind the day being round Xmas time...Buh daz for my own selfish reasons...i doh get to come home for carnival..buh i be home round XMas..But seriously have nuff members who in school in de states who i tink more likely to make it back round XMas
Back in Trini...

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 03:59:55 PM »
Good thoughs pardners

Maybe we cud ge so Soca Warrior gurls too
And ah pastor tuh pray for the White Team
I'll fill in if alyuh want meh too

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »
NICE IDEAS ESPECIALLY FOR D NAME TAGS

i like my handle so call me SHOTTA all d time whole day
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:41:50 PM »
Someone should make note of these ideas and anything else that were discussed during the planning stages to make a guide for similar events globally. With a handbook in place it would make organizing much easier and effective.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »
Someone should make note of these ideas and anything else that were discussed during the planning stages to make a guide for similar events globally. With a handbook in place it would make organizing much easier and effective.

Yuh mean like ah "Warrior Nation Sweat Guide for Dummies"?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 09:11:03 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
Can we have a regular small goal sweat before the Peru game?

Nuttin fancy.......beers and a patch of grass in the savannah or king george the v park.

I sure foreign based coming down for that

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 09:48:59 PM »

exactly or "for those intoxicated"..

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 09:58:06 PM »
Good thoughs pardners

Maybe we cud ge so Soca Warrior gurls too
And ah pastor tuh pray for the White Team
I'll fill in if alyuh want meh too

:shameonyou:

no no no boss ....the white team dominate that match. WE just start to play the fool a lil bit  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 03:03:15 AM »
I actually had an old boys sweat to go to to on the saturday after carnival that I was able to go to as I left Trinidad on the Sunday.
Most of our lime were flying out sunday and the monday, so Sunday was not possible and we had just over 30  players at our sweat.
I defintely think the saturday is a better day.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »
ya know like dem chicken soup books ;D

well I hear dat Pardners writing ah set ah books an de title go be "Fish Broth for de Footballer Sole" 
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh gorm cyar cyaiiii
COwen hard luck domination and possesion doesn't win matches the shaking of the net with the ball inside wins matches.

Even thought we laugh at the book idea it still tops , Documentaion of the events make it easier to improve on the next.

But my concern is other that word of mouth  telling what advertising schemes are in the making?

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 11:48:20 AM »
Christmas is d best time for me. Men have studies and ting to deal with round Carnival time
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 07:50:41 PM »
Can we have a regular small goal sweat before the Peru game?

Nuttin fancy.......beers and a patch of grass in the savannah or king george the v park.

I sure foreign based coming down for that

i second this motion

nuttin fancy king george d 5th go be nice and occonor could organize to bring warrior nation peru tickets one time killin 2 birds with one stone
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>