March 29, 2024, 04:40:31 AM

Author Topic: Managers & Coaches Thread !  (Read 17548 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has resigned with immediate effect
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 05:52:35 AM »
Liverpool probably pissed cause they were trying to get him...

I wonder if Yorkie throw in his hat yet?

Villa in trouble now, but whoever he go to will become a good team. I not sure which decent club available though. I hope he stay in the EPL and not back to Celtic, it too easy up north for him.

Of course, i wouldn't mind if Newcastle get him but I want to give the black man a chance...he only buying black players too :-)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has resigned with immediate effect
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
Guess who want to take de wuk

Diego Maradona has set his sights on a sensational switch to Aston Villa in the wake of Martin O'Neill's departure.

Maradona left his post as Argentina coach after the World Cup and his European representative Walter Soriano claims the 49-year-old is now targeting a job in England.

Argentina were thrashed by Germany in the quarter final of the tournament, which led to the termination of Maradona's contract, but he could be set for a swift return to management.

Maradona's reputation in England will be forever tarnished by his 'Hand of God' goal against the Three Lions at the 1986 World Cup, but Soriano insists his client would be open to an approach from Villa owner Randy Lerner.

He told the Sunday Mercury: "I think Diego would be very open to the idea of coming to England and managing Aston Villa. He is very attracted to English football and the way of life in your country and I know he would be very willing to move there.

"He loves the English countryside and your respect for privacy, so he would be very happy there, especially at a big club like Aston Villa. If the owner Randy Lerner wants to make him a serious offer, I am sure he would get a very positive response.

"Diego is currently talking with a number of clubs in Europe - including another one in England - about a management role and is looking at his options carefully.''

Lerner is seeking a new permanent manager at Villa Park after Martin O'Neill quit just days before the start of the new Premier League season. Kevin MacDonald was in caretaker charge as Villa began the new campaign with a convincing 3-0 win against West Ham on Saturday.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Managers Thread !
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2018, 04:43:18 AM »
Manchester United sack Mourinho.
ESPN - Rob Dawson & Mark Ogden

Manchester United have sacked Jose Mourinho after Saturday's defeat at Liverpool left the club 11 points adrift of the Premier League top four.

The 55-year-old departs Old Trafford after two-and-a-half years with United sixth in the table, 19 points off the top, with one win in the league since Nov. 3..

United's players and staff were given the day off on Monday following the 3-1 loss at Anfield. Sources have told ESPN FC that Mourinho was informed of the decision on Tuesday morning. Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and the board, according to sources, decided to act after becoming concerned at a run of results that has left United facing a battle to qualify for next season's Champions League.

A caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current campaign with a permanent manager put in place ahead of next season. Sources have revealed that the caretaker is likely to be an outside appointment -- although sources say he already has links with United with former players Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Laurent Blanc discussed internally in recent weeks.

Assistant Michael Carrick and academy chief Nicky Butt will take over in the immediate interim.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is the preferred choice as permanent boss, although there is an acceptance that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will fight to keep a coach who has guided the club to three consecutive top-three finishes.

United are next in action against Cardiff on Saturday.

A statement issued on Tuesday morning read: "Manchester United announces that manager Jose Mourinho has left the club with immediate effect. The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future.

"A new caretaker manager will be appointed until the end of the current season, while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager."

Mourinho took charge of United in the summer of 2016 following the departure of Louis van Gaal, winning the Europa League and EFL Cup in his first season.

But although United finished second in the Premier League last season, they were a distant 19 points behind champions Manchester City, lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final and were knocked out by Sevilla in the round of 16 of the Champions League.

Mourinho signed an extension to his contract in January that could have kept him at Old Trafford until 2021 but there were always growing concerns at board level that no one should feel "they are bigger than the club."

He has cut an increasingly frustrated figure -- particularly after the failure to sign a centre-back in the summer.

Mourinho has had high-profile spats with key players, most notably Paul Pogba, throughout 2018 culminating with the France international being stripped of the vice-captaincy in September. Pogba has not been in the United team for the last four Premier League fixtures.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Managers & Coaches Thread !
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 06:03:33 AM »
I would like to see Spurs commit to its ambition. Pochettino to United is to be viewed as subtracting from that ambition.

Since United is the supposed flagship of English football, I dare them to appoint an indigenous manager.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 06:16:14 AM »
Since United is the supposed flagship of English football, I dare them to appoint an indigenous manager.

or

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 08:05:56 AM »
Tallman, winning means everything in today's football. ManU maybe the "flagship", but that ship in drydock. It needs some major overhaul, especially in the midfield.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 10:15:59 AM »
Tallman, winning means everything in today's football. ManU maybe the "flagship", but that ship in drydock. It needs some major overhaul, especially in the midfield.

Midfield and defence.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »

winning may mean everything.....but how you win is now considered to be of greater importance.....Jose was always on thin ice at united with he nega-football.....as ah chelsea fan I only gained greater access to EPL round about 2008 or 2009 so my fondest chelsea memories will always be Ancellotti....still consider how dat end to be ah travesty....but back to mou even I didn' like d negaball I remember when dey hire him back, dat title winning season was weird we started out beating teams left right and center playing good football den round about december or january he start to lock up shop on 1-0 and 2-0 with 65 minutes to go and all kinda shit.... me and flickin killa even exchange choice words over my complaining about dat approach, tink he was ah strong mou supporter.....

mih point is man like mou and conte not really suited to "sexy" football so if yuh desirous of dat or dat is yuh culture stay way from dem, Manu learn dat d hard way and then too, mou seems to be in some kinda midlife crisis or some shit, he was always sulky and grumpy looking in dat second chelsea stint....remember d episode with d doctor and dat eh improve from what I seeing at man u

but anyway mou and man u was never a good fit
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »
Zidane should be the coach Man U hires permenantly after this season.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 01:38:02 AM »
My Christmas wish.

OGS & Giggs in the Interim.

See ManU relegated to Division 1.

Both Sacked and Roy Keane to manage.

Bring in Yorke to co manage….and play….in Division 1…

Get them back into the Premier League after 3 seasons.

Yorke new manager
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 06:25:20 AM »

Midfield and defence.

Pogba, Herrera, Fred, Perreria, Matic, Lingard, Mata for 3 spots...and I am sure they have one or two youths who could make the side if Fergie was in charge. That midfield nowhere close to being bad.

Jones and Smalling were international defenders before Mourinho and Bailly is a good player.Dalot, Shaw are excellent wingbacks and Fosu-Menshah would have been ahead of Trent Alexander if his development was allowed to continue after Van Gaal gave him his debut.

Young and Valencia could cover for both midfield and defence when experience needed.

A new manager have sufficient tools to work with. Mourinho was just making good players play poor with his attitude since pre-season that they not good enough

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 06:45:22 AM »

Midfield and defence.

Pogba, Herrera, Fred, Perreria, Matic, Lingard, Mata for 3 spots...and I am sure they have one or two youths who could make the side if Fergie was in charge. That midfield nowhere close to being bad.

Jones and Smalling were international defenders before Mourinho and Bailly is a good player.Dalot, Shaw are excellent wingbacks and Fosu-Menshah would have been ahead of Trent Alexander if his development was allowed to continue after Van Gaal gave him his debut.

Young and Valencia could cover for both midfield and defence when experience needed.

A new manager have sufficient tools to work with. Mourinho was just making good players play poor with his attitude since pre-season that they not good enough

Matic is slow no ass and ah find he has become a liability. Too many instances of opposing players coming from behind and teefing de ball.

I doh know if Pogba could be de lynchpin unless he have similar caliber of players around.

Smalling has been on the decline for the last two years.

Just because Jones is/was an international player means he should be. I never rate him, since he was with Blackburn.

Bailly have potential, but he hasn't made the necessary progress.

I liked Fosu-Mensah. Dalot looks promising. Shaw need to watch his weight.

Valencia and Young are converted wingbacks and it shows. Plus their deliveries from the wing are sub-par, and dey getting on in age.

The side is unbalanced and slow (probably de slowest in de top six).

No leadership in defence, no leadership in midfield, no leadership on de field at all.

For all Mourinho's faults, de players collectively have to raise their hands as well.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2018, 12:57:26 PM »
No leadership. I totally agree with that. Yorke say Keane call him right away cause he needed "characters" in the dressing room. ManU only have Pogba who is the wrong kind of character. If a Roy Keane was next to them in midfield, you would see them all pulling their weight though.

1]; } ?>