November 29, 2021, 11:10:13 PM

Author Topic: Women Warriors Thread  (Read 87972 times)

Offline whappen now

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women Warriors Thread
« Reply #720 on: November 26, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »
If that keeper can only concentrate on her skill she would be much better than she is now

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T women lose to Dominican Republic with last kick of match
« Reply #721 on: November 27, 2021, 10:00:09 PM »
T&T women lose to Dominican Republic with last kick of match
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago senior women’s footballers fell to a dramatic 2-1 defeat to hosts Dominican Republic in the first of a two-match series played last night at the Estadio Centroamericano.

With the very last kick of the match, Dominican Republic midfielder Manuela Laredo stole the win with a long-range free kick which saw the ball sail over everyone and bounce past T&T goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, before finding the far corner of the net. The winning goal came three minutes into added-on time.

Until the late drama, the main concern for newly confirmed head coach Kenywne Jones was that his Women Warriors had failed to score more than one goal in his three matches in charge and have also not created many clear chances.

Jones maintained the starting core of his team, but also gave newcomers Asha James and Chelsi Jadoo a start, along with returning Kedie Johnson. It was a first defeat under Jones for the Women Warriors, who also drew last month’s pair of home friendly internationals with visiting Panama.

There were first half chances for both sides, yesterday, although the Dominican Republic came closest to scoring with a goal bound shot on either flank, forcing T&T keeper Forbes into action to keep her team level.

For T&T, yesterday’s best first half chances saw former captain Maylee Attin-Johnson and veteran striker Kennya “Ya Ya” Cordner both shooting tamely and straight at keeper Claudia Torres from inside the penalty area.

T&T opened the second half with captain Karyn Forbes putting a free-kick on goal and forcing keeper Torres to fan away the goal-bound shot.

But it was the home team who took a 1-0 lead in the 50th minute, with the striker Vanessa Kara having only to re-direct a square pass to beat the T&T goalkeeper from a few yards out, after the midfielder Lucia Marte far too easily eluded left-side T&T markers Johnson and Jadoo.

The lead lasted just five minutes. T&T were level at 1-1 via a gentle, but accurate penalty from James, the Tobago-born college student, who is coming off a season where she scored 14 goals for West Texas A&M in the United States and was named on the All-State second team. Former Norway-based striker Cordner won the spot-kick when bundled over by huge central defender Brianne Reid as she ran into the penalty area.

However, when it looked like the match would end tied, the Dominican Republic took it all with the winning late goal.

T&T 22-member squad:

Tenisha Palmer, Naomie Guerra, Dennecia Prince, Kimika Forbes, Kennya Cordner, Collette Morgan, Karyn Forbes, Tsianne Leander, Rhea Belgrave, Jaasiel Forde, Maylee Attin-Johnson, Chelcy Ralph, Akyla Walcott, Raenah Campbell, Liana Hinds, Kedie Johnson, Asha James, Kaydeen Jack, Chelsi Jadoo, Victoria Swift, Lauryn Hutchinson, Chrissy Mitchell.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: Yesterday at 08:37:28 AM »
International Friendly #1 (Dominican Republic vs Trinidad and Tobago)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jvqQg4r3DcM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jvqQg4r3DcM</a>
Thanks for this link.
Who was #11? (#s would have been helpful too).
I find they dominated large swathes of the middle of match [i'm sure stats on shots on goal etc would bear witness] and conceded a defensive blunder/ lapse in concentration goal. Having said that I didn't see any tactical adjustments or plan or anything to suggest that this team is going anywhere (yet)-- just individually talented / physically stronger players here and there that can string passes together...most-times.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:42:56 AM by kounty »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: Yesterday at 08:53:11 AM »
Thanks for this link.
Who was #11? (#s would have been helpful too).
I find they dominated large swathes of the middle of match [i'm sure stats on shots on goal etc would bear witness] and conceded a defensive blunder/ lapse in concentration goal. Having said that I didn't see any tactical adjustments or plan or anything to suggest that this team is going anywhere (yet)-- just individually talented / physically stronger players here and there that can string passes together...most-times.

Raenah Campbell.

I am more optimistic than pessimistic. Destination unknown, but there are some "easy" straightforward/fundamental fixes that can be made. Will present them after match #2.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:30:13 AM by asylumseeker »
Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, the outgoing president of Croatia, said corruption was so embedded in her country that at school children who cheated in tests were celebrated as “heroes”. A recent Eurobarometer survey found that a majority of Croatians felt affected by corruption.

Sound familiar, T&T?

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: Today at 01:55:41 PM »
If that keeper can only concentrate on her skill she would be much better than she is now

It will be helpful if you provide some context to your statement, for a better understanding. Is it that you find her good but needs improvement? Is it that you find her sub standard? Is it that you are aware that she focuses on skills other than GK? To date she has been a stalwart for T&T between the uprights.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones looks for reaction from his team on Tuesday
« Reply #725 on: Today at 08:29:24 PM »
Jones looks for reaction from his team on Tuesday
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

National women's football coach Kenwyne Jones will be hoping for a reaction from his charges on Tuesday when his team takes on the Dominican Republic in the second of two international friendly matches in Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.

In the first game on Friday, the home team delivered a lethal blow in the last minute of the game to pull off a 2-1 triumph, but Jones who was confirmed as the full-time coach of the women's team on the same day, expected to contest the World Cup qualifiers in February next year, told the media via a virtual press briefing that he wants to see a reaction from the players from the training pitch, and not based on what happened in the game.

Jones has been attempting to stamp his philosophy and structure on the squad, which is still stashed with a blend of young and experienced players.

"At the pre-match press conference, I said the Dominican Republic was the perfect matchup to give us a test at this present time. The current indication by the squad is that they did not give us any problem that we did not foresee, I just thought it was a basic lack of discipline within our structure that facilitated the defeat.

"But I am glad it happened now because this is the point where you have to iron out a lot of stuff and gain the consistency needed for the upcoming qualifiers and we do have a lot of time to work on that and get it right.

"First of all, I would like to see a reaction from the team but not as far as the game but as far as today's (Sunday's) training session. We had a lot of analysis done, a lot of team meetings were held to discuss the things we didn't do correctly that we were supposed to.

"I am looking forward to the game, I definitely want to see a reaction from the team, in terms of being tactically disciplined in the way we set out our business. That is the most important thing.

"The good thing is that we have another game against the same opponent to put things right," Jones explained.

The T&T women's team is in Group F of the qualifiers, comprising Guyana, Nicaragua, Dominica and the Turks and Caicos Islands, a group that Jones considers to be manageable. However, his biggest task to date will be to lay down a structure of play that all players will be aware of in time for the qualifiers.

According to the former national striker, turn coach, "At this point in time, we are about 65 to 70 per cent there, but it is important that the core group of them understand the philosophy and structure of our tactical plan going forward. The others are going to come along and possibly in the near future, we will work with them as well because this is not a sprint it's a marathon."

Team captain Karyn Forbes said both she and her team were disappointed with the result last Friday, but they have to stay positive moving forward, saying: "We have to learn from this experience as this is how the game is, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

"We have a lot of new players and because of that some things might be repetitive, but as we move forward we will have the right squad and with the right squad we will be able to get things down pact, but right now everything is a learning experience."

Forbes was also high in praise for the confirmation of Jones as their full-time coach, saying they can learn a lot from his wealth of knowledge and the team will now, not have to learn different philosophies.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.