8 (14.5%)
Arsenal
9 (16.4%)
Barcelona
28 (50.9%)
Olympic Lyonnaise
4 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Champions League  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Champions League
« on: March 09, 2006, 10:43:42 AM »
JUVENTUS

note dat Villareal Left out
dem eh making dat 4 sure so i eh bodder

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 10:46:40 AM »
What about Ajax?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 10:49:58 AM »
I like Arsenal's euro form, hoping they can do it. Barca will be the one to beat though.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 10:54:25 AM »
I usually back losers so i'm backing Barca

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »
Any of those teams in the poll could beat the other on their day.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

;D ;D well just as a favor to us, please doh back T&T in de WC ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 11:08:21 AM »
With Inzagi back in the Milan line up and in ripping form, dem look like the team to beat.
Barca look much stronger than last year and if Messi come back I would love to see a Milan vs Barca final. However, I suspect they will meet in this draw, if not one of them will draw Arsenal.

Is years now I talking about Lyon but I don't think they have enough depth. However if they draw Benfica or Villareal they could end up in the final

Juv me eh like dem football but they does find a way to win.
Inter go dispatch Ajax and I only hope Inter draw Juv.

Arsenal enjoyed the space Real gave them, but I eh think they have what it takes to win the CL then again I would have never picked Liverpool last year  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 12:14:10 PM »
Milan all the way!!
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 12:40:22 PM »
I want to say Barca but I feel Milan taking it again

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 12:46:20 PM »
Why is it that Lyon don't get no ratings?  About to complete a fifth League 1 title, three straight Champions League quarter finals, a strong pool of players, and very capable coaching.  I feel this is the sleeper team here. Look what they do to PSV yesterday.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »
ah biased,  but Messi and Dinho ha someting to prove, so does Eto wid Cam.'s failure at ANC/WC etc, they perhaps are favorites, but really doh se nobody stoppin dem...(will see if dais meh famous las words)
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
What about Ajax?

what about Ajax? you see the clubs that the put on the poll? you really think Ajax deserve to be mentioned with Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Barcelona  :rotfl:

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »
Why is it that Lyon don't get no ratings?  About to complete a fifth League 1 title, three straight Champions League quarter finals, a strong pool of players, and very capable coaching.  I feel this is the sleeper team here. Look what they do to PSV yesterday.

because the french league isnt as highly rated as the English, Italian, Spanish, German and even the dutch leagues

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 05:58:08 PM »

ah glad yuh backing barca because I backing Barca too so ah agree with yuh on that one but ah cyar see how yuh figure barca to be losers though ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »

because the french league isnt as highly rated as the English, Italian, Spanish, German and even the dutch leagues

arsenal its time henry get sumthing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

arsenal its time henry get sumthing

I wouldnt mind seeing henry get something because he's a great player and ah feel he deserve it but he aint winning it with Arsenal..........that's why he go be playing for barca next year after barca win it this year  ;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »
JUVENTUS

How you could leave my team out breds ?? i would think any team in the last 8 stands a chance. Do you realise that you also left out Benfica  the team that just beat the defending champs ? do you realise that Villareal topped the group with Benfica and manchester United ? If united was still in would you not have put them on your survey ? many said that that was the weakest group in the 32 but the two qualifiers are still in aren't they ?villareal is also unbeaten in european competition. Middlesborough just beat ROMA today ...they were the ones that villareal beat to get into the 32.
have you seen villareal play ? They were voted the best playing spanish team and best spanish team for  2005.
They had the leading scorer in the spanish league and beat Barcelona , champions last season, 3-0. they ripped the heart out of the spanish champions !
You still think you could ignore them. both the captain and playmaker for Argentina play for them. the problem is they dont always have their best team on the pitch for one reason or another and they cant afford two world class players in each position like the rich clubs. On a given day however most teams would hope to avoid them ...and  at this stage they have nothing to lose.
Villareal villareal ....viva the yellow submarines !

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »
JUVENTUS

How you could leave my team out breds ?? i would think any team in the last 8 stands a chance. Do you realise that you also left out Benfica  the team that just beat the defending champs ? do you realise that Villareal topped the group with Benfica and manchester United ? If united was still in would you not have put them on your survey ? many said that that was the weakest group in the 32 but the two qualifiers are still in aren't they ?villareal is also unbeaten in european competition. Middlesborough just beat ROMA today ...they were the ones that villareal beat to get into the 32.
have you seen villareal play ? They were voted the best playing spanish team and best spanish team for  2005.
They had the leading scorer in the spanish league and beat Barcelona , champions last season, 3-0. they ripped the heart out of the spanish champions !
You still think you could ignore them. both the captain and playmaker for Argentina play for them. the problem is they dont always have their best team on the pitch for one reason or another and they cant afford two world class players in each position like the rich clubs. On a given day however most teams would hope to avoid them ...and  at this stage they have nothing to lose.

Sorin is not Argentina's permanent captain....he was wearing the Arm band in the absence of Ayala and when Zanetti returned from injury he got the arm band infront of sorin also

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 06:45:37 PM »
JUVENTUS

Sorin captained Argentina in almost all of their qualifying games in South america . He is the captain unless injured as far as pekerman is concerned.

Sorin is not Argentina's permanent captain....he was wearing the Arm band in the absence of Ayala and when Zanetti returned from injury he got the arm band infront of sorin also

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 06:54:55 PM »
F.C Barcelona all de way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

Ayala was called up for the first time for Argentina on March 12 2005. He was not even included in the squad since Pekerman took over.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »
The Rossineri will rise once again  ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 07:16:46 PM »

..which is unfortunate. French League is good football. Lyon iz a big team. Barca all de way though!
Ketch footballitis

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 11:40:48 PM »
Milan all the way! ;D
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 01:49:18 AM »
i hope a team that wants to play football
so exit:
inter juve

arsenal is to weak these  days
benficas win was an accident

so milan barca ajax lyon,one of these

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 01:57:08 AM »
Barca but look  out for the dark horse in the race Lyon

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »
'Pool out so ah going with meh other team:  Forza Juve!

Forza Juve![/b][/size]

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2006, 10:46:28 AM »

Ayala was called up for the first time for Argentina on March 12 2005. He was not even included in the squad since Pekerman took over.

What are you talking about ? Roberto Ayala's international debut was in 1994.

He also played in the copa America and olympics 2004

http://www.footballdatabase.com/site/players/index.php?dumpPlayer=979
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2006, 11:05:39 AM »

:rotfl:
Ayala has been around for a long time breds. 

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »

What are you talking about ? Roberto Ayala's international debut was in 1994.

He also played in the copa America and olympics 2004

http://www.footballdatabase.com/site/players/index.php?dumpPlayer=979

I was referring to the pekerman era. Everyone knew Ayala played in the 1994 world cup and was embarassed by Berkamp as well as in 1998 where he was embarassed by Owen.  the point was that Sorin is the designated captain not Ayala for this argentina team. Anybody disputesthat ?

1]; } ?>