March 28, 2024, 04:21:48 AM

Author Topic: Can anyone Name the only player to ever score a hat-trick in a World Cup Final.  (Read 12820 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh go easy on meh boy Allas. yes he had some near misses but also Philburt Jones and Mr. Stern John. 

Anyone who see Alibey for ASL, Barataria Ball Players will know what a force he was. Later he earned All American honors with Lander University in South Carolina. Went to Stoke City on trial, had work permit problems among other things.

Out ah all the ole talk, USA had him down as the most feared of our strikers on the Strike Squad, both in the air and on the fround.

Football so funny, I believe that if we could turn back the clock, Alibey would have been an invaluable palyer on the wing for T&T in Germany, speed and a big right foot.

Ent, good redemption College, VB, and odders, de man was ah boss, but in true trini fashion, a few near misses and some taint he name, bless up WC squad of 74, Stirke Squad, WC squad of 06, and all odders, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html

However, in 1989 I heard ppl crticizing MA, so I figure in the later years he had lost a step or two. However, in the games I saw him play for Bartaria Ball Players, ASL and TT he was boss.

Peace,
VB

Which alibey you talking bout breds ?? Must be maurice Alibey father !!! where you get dem facts ??? you just lump every footballer name you could remember regardless of era etc. ! you realise Leroy Spann is Silvio span father ? Ron la forest ?? and you talking about de 80's
Alibey for ASL ?

TM already answer this, but just to add: Alibey made his debut for the sr. team as a sub vs. the Italain Olympic team....

He played against Spann and La forest with the Barataria Ball Players, and later was drafted onto the ASL team and became their teammate at club and national level.

As said b4 he was a terror on the wing, and easilly stood out.

I wish I could see tapes of his later years..what u guys are talking about.
His speed and dribbling skills created opportuitties and fKs for TT.

He was  a true boss. But if he got shitty in his later years, so be it.

BTW in that game vs the Italians, John Granville eat three golas in the first half. He was subbed at half time for M. Maurice at half time.

Alibey came on and had the crowd screaming as he dished out beats after beats...we bounced back and drew three all.

Granville a VERY good keeper never played for TT again.

And no I not thinking of Peter Granville's father. ;)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Geoff Hurst scored 2 goals in that 1966 WC final.  The other "goal" was bogus.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
So says you but the stats in the history books has him as scoring 3.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Any ref wid the belly to call that goal back in Wembley woulda deserved a medal.........
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 08:36:21 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
they could also take back Maradonna's hand ball then
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

aaahhh My eyes, they burn. I can't believe I am reading such slanderous things. The ball was a mile over the line. :o

God bless Russian linesmen  ;)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
.......Since this has now become a Maurice Alibey post.......If i'm not mistaken, remember the world cup qualifiers in 1989? In the "away" leg to the USA (I think the game was played in St. Louis, if not, it was definitely in California) wasn't it Maurice Alibey that came on in the late stages of the game, giving the usa defence all kinda worries with his speed and scored the equalizer (the game ended up 1-1) with very little time left in the game?  Somebody correct me please if i'm wrong, but I know from where I was in El Paso that year, THAT was the game that had me confident that we were going to "Italy '90".........well, so much fuh dat!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
......Or was it Leonson Lewis?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
It does just take one man to mention Alibey name and the bassing begins :rotfl: how this topic turn een to ah Alibey sampatting :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Bertram Patenaude was an American soccer player, the scorer of the first hat-trick in World Cup history. His parents were of French Canadian origin. Patenaude's historic day came on July 17, 1930, as the United States played Paraguay in the inaugural World Cup. The dispute on the second goal led to a confusion on the first-ever World Cup hat-trick, as Argentina's Guillermo Stábile scored one against Mexico just two days after Patenaude. However, FIFA considers the American to own the prestigious honor.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>