March 28, 2024, 05:59:49 PM

Author Topic: Fellas and girls I a lil confused help me out nah  (Read 2724 times)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Fellas and girls I a lil confused help me out nah
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:22:09 AM »
So this is what I am confused about. Is it okay for a girl to sweat with the guys.

Now seriously do fellas have a problem when women play a team sport with them and are better than them.

I was at the sweat match on Saturday and I didn't really see any of the guys having a problem with Girl warrior playing and besides she knew her limitations and when it was time to come the field. Nobody tackle the girl or played her rough. I didn't really big up the fellas for that and we must cause not all guys are the same.

EXAMPLE: I play netball and a lil bit of basketball too. I have been sweating with fellas since I was in secondary school and they all seem cool when you sweating and they understand ok she could play but she is a girl so we not going to bang her up. RIGHT.

I had no problem playing with guys and could care less about people who thought it inappropriate. If no girls in thse school or community play who am I supposed to sweat with right?

So getting to what I am cofused about. We have a basketball area in work. Mind you I have played basketball with some of the guys in work and was invited to sweat yesterday. Invited while I was going about my own business mind you. Being a girl I know how to play with the guys. You don't play wild, you stay away from the wild men and you try and keep to yourself cause you never know what will happen.

Well one of the guys forgot that he was playing a girl as soon as I started shooting over the man.

NOW I SAID MAN. I am 23 THIS MAN HAS A DAUGHTER A DAUGHTER in primary school. and jus cause he get a lil heckle from the fellas about me scoring on him like he take offense.

All of a sudden the MAN marking me and real hard too. My lil clamp in my head the MAN break it batting me from behind, I still scoring on him. The dude was marking me so hard that fellas I get an ANDRE.

Twist meh ankle. THE GOOD ONE  :( on the stupid man foot cause he was all under meh.

And it was like nothing to him. YEs he get ice and yes he called the trainers from inside the gym but the dude ain't even look like he was a lil sorry. I didn't get it what I do you?

Oh gosh so a fellah really can't take a girl scoring on them ???

One of my coworkers told me that well now I will learn to stay off the court.  :o

WHAT? It was a joke but should I???

Girl warrior I know you play basketball and have no problems playing with guys that ever happen to you???

TriniCana what you think???

Guys I know some of you all going to tell meh if I play with the fellas I should learn to take meh injury like a man but I still can't help but think you could have marked somebody else on the court why look for the girl and make her like that.

So now my ankle swollen and I contemplating, return to the court???

I just praying that I didn't fracture this one too.

Well answer meh question, especially Jayerson cause he played rough in the sweat but didn't look 4 Girl Warrior to mark her???

Ah going and ice it.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fellas and girls I a lil confused help me out nah
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
Ohh ohhh.. Poor thing.. yuh ankle sprain.. leh mih kiss it fuh yuh * muuuah*  :-*

Only play wid fellahs yuh know next time arite..  Cause if you playing with guys, some ah dem will assume you cyan handle de roughness..

Remember, some fellahs take the equal rights thing serious eh.. Some women too ..;)

But its ah lesson to be learnt ..

Keep de ankle elevated..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
I agree with Oconnorg

Girl go back to the courts when you know your left ankle feels the same as your right.

Back in Trinidad I played "serious" cricket with my neighbourhood men's team. Myself and one other woman. Not because there was no other sporting activity available for the women in the area..there were netball, volleyball etc, but mainly because I loved cricket; there was no 'women's' cricket team, and for some strange reason I had it in my mind I was much a better bowler than the four right hand 'male' faster bowlers.  So you see I came in with attitude. Now I'm not saying you have/had attitude, I'm saying I HAD  :rotfl:

Of course the men seeing my attitude, they 'tried' to hit evey ball I bowled....some were successful and other well let just say, I understand your situation with that guy in basketball. Needless to say, I got the stares, the shoulder bounces when they run up to me, the comments. And you know what nobody_s angel, it only makes you stronger within....comfortable in your own skin.
Now not every man was like that...some appreciated my talent, expecialy when we won.  I wasn't the best batsperson on the team, so ball hit me every part of my body possible..Parts I didn't knew I could have experience that level of pain from. But I showed up the next time there was a game. Maybe I had to prove something to myself, to them, or just plain love the sport...I don't know.

But girl in life, in general....if you are passionate about something, don't let anyone or anything get in your way of going for it.
Who knows....next thing ah hear ya on dey courts with Lisa Leslie, Snoopes and the rest of the girls. Playing harder than them cause of your experiences from the courts at work.  :beermug:

GO PLAY YOUR GAME  :beermug:

p.s when ya reach WNBA status....ah go charge ya fur meh advice...until den take it free of charge ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:46:00 PM by TriniCana »

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 05:57:59 PM »
Sister: I think that if the sweat is important to you you should return when your ankle is better. Any man who can't take a little heckle when he playing with females ain't no man. I play football with my female players and they are very competitive,,,trying to give me beat and thing...I play tough enough to challenge them but not to damage them.
When our staff play basketball and I take a sweat once in a while "me en no b'baller" I does give the women who sweating real respect because they could play. No point in me playing them rough; they draining the bucket in meh face no matter how hard I try...like how Reggie Miller sister Cheryl used to do to him and he boys. RESPECT
Da man yuh talkin bout is a dam fool idiot >:(
For your anke-:Rest;Ice;Compression;Elevation.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »
Hey thanks Trini Cana I just needed to know that I am not the only girl that goes through these things but the guy and I are co workers so it wasn't as if we were strangers.

Some guys are still telling me to keep of the court but according to you I love the game.

CK 1 I am glad that you respect the women you play against enough not to injure them.

Don't worry I had a lil help taking care of my ankle and I am taking your advice.  ;)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:51:52 PM by nobody_s angel »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 07:36:24 PM »
Hey thanks Trini Cana I just needed to know that I am not the only girl that goes through these things but the guy and I are co workers so it wasn't as if we were strangers.

Some guys are still telling me to keep of the court but according to you I love the game.

CK 1 I am glad that you respect the women you play against enough not to injure them.

Don't worry I had a lil help taking care of my ankle and I am taking your advice.  ;)

Thanks

You had help with your ankle eh... hmmmm
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 07:50:19 PM »
IN primary skool i sweat wit maylee attin johnson bout 3 classes lower dan me back den she was reall dedly and if u took her too lightly she would kill you

i think it is simply that when men recognize ur skill they feel forced to up their tempo to avoid u cuttin their ass and there is no such ting as soft markin when she shootin like a man

nex time play wit fellars u kno and if that man cum rong u again tell him st james sec u went an is morva i from

SHOTTA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

Thanks

Girl anytime yes... :beermug:
dey cricket team, consist of 1 brother and 3 cousins...so no strangers there atall

nobody_s angel those fellas who telling ya to stay off the court....ever wonder maybe dey fraid ya skills too ?    think about it.  ;)
they should be encouraging you to stay on, since it looks like they are 'looking' after your best interest
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:58:10 PM by TriniCana »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 08:18:02 PM »
yuh team-mates suppose to set pick for yuh and  run the man into ah couple wall..but in truth, basketball was really meh number 2..as I was a double letter college athlete..
on another hand, meh wife an 2 other girls used to run ball with we, and tho they weren't footballers (actually she was ah field hockey player, and the other 2 played bball for University)..they used to give man nuff horrors, dey was badmind, and man had to beats dem(not liks)  5 and 6 times and they still in the man tail...eventually the man go get lil tizic and jumpy, and start to kick dangerous, specially the macho men an ting...buh the rest ah guys on our team used to buzz an bat so fast, they used to forget bout gettin upset with the women...after a few tackles from we, anytime one of our women look like they was going and run by them, they passing quick, quick...and when we girls get a ball dem fellas givin dem room, buh battin who they passin to..which was rank with we..

meh point is, yuh cyar really chose how who yuh play against will act and react, buh sometimes yuh culd chose who yuh want to play with/ yuh teammates...irregardless the sport...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 10:44:49 PM »
Angel, gyul, when I sweating, if I see somebody fighting up (male or female) I does ease off. I eh go tackle dem hard or mark dem too hard. However, if yuh playing good yuh go have to forget de ease up. No offense. Dat is just de way I play. If yuh like de sweat and yuh does enjoy yuhself, go back and play when yuh ankle heal. If yuh cyah take de jamming, cool yuhself.

My $0.02 ;)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 04:52:59 PM »
Angel, gyul, when I sweating, if I see somebody fighting up (male or female) I does ease off. I eh go tackle dem hard or mark dem too hard. However, if yuh playing good yuh go have to forget de ease up. No offense. Dat is just de way I play. If yuh like de sweat and yuh does enjoy yuhself, go back and play when yuh ankle heal. If yuh cyah take de jamming, cool yuhself.

My $0.02 ;)

Humm and an honest 2 cents it was. Doh worry I appreciate honesty. So I had a severe sprain. I am just grateful that it wasn't fractured liked the other one. So I had a week home to thik about whether or not I was going back on the court when I healed.

Now if I could do it after a fracture to one ankle I certainly could do it again with just a sprain. But I am one to take advice and I will be very careful with whom I am playing against next time.

So thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone.

Now its just to walk without a limp.  :-\

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:03 AM »
Women should know dey place................. :rotfl: :rotfl: in meh heart

Oh gorn ah go tuh start chaos in de forum but ah can't oh gorn ah on de floor

I went ST benedicts and well in form six we had gurls nah but it didn't have a gurls Bball league as yet and de rules for de competition have gender and we had ah gurl on de team. she even start before me... but it was ah cool scene But she real rip men score and shit and man ModSec (SFGSS) get de arse was wid ah gyul

1]; } ?>