April 27, 2024, 01:56:59 AM

Author Topic: match report TT 0 v NORTH EAST STARS 2  (Read 5992 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
match report TT 0 v NORTH EAST STARS 2
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:04:27 PM »
Match Report, A.Samuel.

Brazil’s National Football team starting X1 is primarily foreign based so if it is we have to follow that trend we will be in good company! I was very optimistic at the start, there was a buzz amongst the crowd, and everyone wanted to see what Beenhakker could do….so we waited anxiously!

Tweeeeet! game start! Beenhakker started with Duarance Williams in goal, Derek King on the right, Nigel Daniel on the left, with Keyeno Thomas and Atiba Charles in the middle. The midfield had Aurtis Whitley and Theobald in the middle, Dwarika on the right, and Eve on the left, and up front he started with Celestine and Glasgow.

The team looked ok at the start and while North East Stars had the ball, kept an immaculate 4-4-2 formation.  But basically, that is all there was to it.  It didn’t take long for Stars to carve out the first chance of de game, quick interpassing in the fifth minute led to an open Kendall Velox, but his powerful shot was well blocked by Williams.  The Warriors eventually got into the game, and eventally passed the ball on the turf well. Dwarika and Whitley showed nice understanding and it was this combination that created the first chance for the Warriors.
The chance fell to young Celestine who decided that he didn’t really want to make the papers as a goal scorer so he decided to pass the ball out wide to Glasgow with just the keeper to beat. The pass ended up being a bad one and the ball ended up by the corner flag. Glasgow did some good work to beat his man on the line but he was determined to make papers, so he shot the ball wide at an acute angle with two of his teammates waiting at the six yard box!

That was the only excitement in the NE Stars box in the first half, and I really don’t remember Trevor Nottingham making a save. Williams, however, was busy at the other end.  I’m not sure if our defenders were instructed to allow the Stars room to shoot to test young Williams but it really appeared that way. The North East Stars players fought for every ball and played as if they had something to prove. None more than Mr. Kendall Jagdeosingh. Here was a man dropped from the local team and now playing against the men who were thought to be better than him. He played with the desire to leave an impression, and in the 23rd minute, he achieved this with a well taken goal that followed a defensive lapse. Abassi ‘elephantman’ Mc Pherson was another who left an impression. Spurred on by 300 vocally strong Stars supporters who chanted ‘ele’ when he had the ball, Mc Pherson answered with a determined display that was capped off by a blistering drive that Williams acrobatically tipped over bar. 

Half time Stars 1 v Trinidad and Tobago 0.

The arrival of Chris Birchall was the talking point of the half time break as he sat watching the game with Clayton Ince. I am sure based on the display he wanted to know which team was the national team (just joking).

Tweeeeet second half on de way, the national team (or as one supporter put it, ‘dem is ah national side not ah national team’) passed around the ball a lot better and showed great determination to equalize and did eventually get the ball in the net but the blind lines-man flagged Dwarika’s legitimate goal as offside in the 55th minute. The play deteriorated after that with Stars sending on a couple of subs every 5 minutes and the game lost a bit of the flow. But then in the 60 something minute came the moment of the match. One of our defenders handled the ball just outside the penalty area and the referee awarded a free kick to Stars. Four players stood over the ball and one by one they ran over it with the last man, Kayode McKinnon curling the ball over the wall and into de jep nest! GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL. De crowd went mad !! Bend it like Kayode was the chant, and our national side, our Warriors, our World Cup hopefuls, the nucleus of our team, were 2-0 down. After that there really wasn’t anything much to the game. Stars missed a few chances to embarrass the Wwarriors further while our national footballing representatives strayed offside a few times more.

The arrival on the field of the only man from Stars on the national side cause quite a stir and I must say that I was impressed with his tenacity on the pitch. Anthony Wolfe is his name and I am sure he did himself no favours during the twenty minutes on the pitch !

All in all, Beenhakker has his work cut out for him if he wants the squad to be 80% locally based. I didn’t expect much as yet since he only had the side for 10 days but I did see a little more movement while we had the ball which could only be a good sign !!  But for the 1000 odd supporters at the stadium, the road to Germany looking long and tough ! It is hard to see this ‘side’ forming the core of our national team. What was certain, it looks as if they were playing to a plan but they suffered in the execution. I would give this side an A for the passing since the keeper was the only one who could boast of kicking de ball far !!

Given a few more practice games, I think with the proper players, we could be ok !

PS: We might have a practice game against El Salvador on the 25th.

RATINGS:

Duarance WILLIAMS:
7 - Looked competent in the shot blocking department, but is very confused with the ball at his feet. Kicked out every ball wildly that came to him!

Atiba CHARLES:
6 – Didn’t do anything to stand out in this game and I was very surprised to see him at the heart of the defense knowing how good he is on the wing.

Derek KING:
5 – Didn’t look bad, didn’t stand out, was very economical in his movements and not sure bout the position though.

Nigel DANIEL:
5 - I know he is a good player but he had a bad game, he showed us how to miskick when under pressure! crossed the ball well though (better than Rojas).

Keyeno THOMAS:
6 – Goes to ground too quickly and too hard ! nice back up defender to have.

Arnold DWARIKA:
7.5 – All of Arnold’s fans should smile. Looked good on the ball and still has the ability to go past defenders.

Aurtis WHITLEY:
6 – Hardly saw the ball and many of his passes were blocked but the ideas were there, he linked well with Theobald and Dwarika in midfield.

Densill THEOBALD:
6.5 – Was the official clean up man and performed satisfactorily. Tried to play the quick pass too much.

Angus EVE:
5 – Eve play ??

Gary GLASGOW:
4 – Stern John taught this man well, he was the official loafer today.

Michael CELESTINE:
5 – Didn’t relax and play the way I know he could play, was always in two minds when he had the ball.

Anthony WOLFE:
7 – Ran down a lot of balls that Glasgow gave up, and put a lot of pressure on the defenders when they were on the ball. I personally was impressed.

Met up with Patriot and Touches and Cowen.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 04:32:49 AM by Flex »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: match report TT 0 NORTH EAST STARS 2
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 09:11:47 PM »
Thanks for the report Andre!!!!! boy allyuh men could be roving or freeelance reporters.

I think I said it all in the other posts: Training days  paying dividends?

10 days looks like we ought not to expect too much.

20 days maybe we could expect to score a goal next time

25 days of coaching we tie a game

one month and four days maybe we beat Panama.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 11:48:58 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: match report TT 0 NORTH EAST STARS 2
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 04:03:25 AM »
I hope u right alberta, cause i not worried bout de tactics employed, i studying de players' execution!!!

hopefully with time they would learn their roles!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: match report TT 0 v NORTH EAST STARS 2
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 06:39:55 AM »
Nice report Andre.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:16:10 AM »
Poor Result

basically this is an all local affair these men play against each other 8 times a year so no suprises on ability tactics etc.

As a group of Local Based playing for a world renowned coach trying to make a NATIONAL LEVEL IMPRESSIONS

THIS IS REAL SHIT.

IF you trying to make a national team you need to go out there and fight tooth and nail for you new coach.

THIS IS REAL SHIT.

IF THESE MEN WILL NOT PLAY FOR BEENHAKKER then either coach or players have to go.

nothing wrong with loosing but LACK OF EFFORT AND FIGHT AT THIS STAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 07:22:38 AM »
You are right KND....

These men is big hard back men and they playing like they un-sure and unfit. They need a motivator.

Lets see if Leo will replace any of them, why the hell did he use only 2 subs still puzzling me, he could have used more players to see what they can do, hopefully things will change, but I guess Leo had his ideas and know what he was trying to accomplish and look for, so I dont feel to bad.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 07:28:37 AM »
Great Report...
I still feel we could do it.. I expected NE Stars to play more fluidly as they have been practicing together for a much longer period.. You were right, I ah smile when you say Dawarika still have it...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 07:37:31 AM »

Lets see if Leo will replace any of them, why the hell did he use only 2 subs still puzzling me, he could have used more players to see what they can do, hopefully things will change, but I guess Leo had his ideas and know what he was trying to accomplish and look for, so I dont feel to bad.

Maybe he using BSC's book on substitution ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 07:45:22 AM »

totally unnecessary doc... :D...no stepping back

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 07:48:07 AM »
Over the years I have noticed something,If some of the attitudes on this was givento athletes involved in high level sport for T&T then de shit hit de fan,because the minute things go wrong de kinda bitching,whinning, complaining,doom calling and general bad vibes/yellow belly behaviour that is revealed one not from T&T looking on one would wonder is this the ilk of men that the T&T team/teams  is drawn from?I would tell them NO!!!Or is it?
Just my humble opinion and hopefully food for thought.
tell them it was me

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 07:48:32 AM »

totally unnecessary doc... :D...no stepping back

How so maxg? ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »
well.
1. There is no BSC's book on substitution.
2. If Been doh do something, is Been didn't do it, leave everybody else out.That why he is making the big bucks, to make the big decisions.
3.Yuh go rile up some unreasonable men, who go waste down, without reason (a la unreasonable).
4. We cyar go back at this point, if is wrong road we gone, we done lost and will have to find our way from here.
5. ah know yuh kicksin
6. I kicksin too
 ;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
NAH MAN KND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 02:45:20 PM »
Poor Result

basically this is an all local affair these men play against each other 8 times a year so no suprises on ability tactics etc.

As a group of Local Based playing for a world renowned coach trying to make a NATIONAL LEVEL IMPRESSIONS

THIS IS REAL SHIT.

IF you trying to make a national team you need to go out there and fight tooth and nail for you new coach.

THIS IS REAL SHIT.

IF THESE MEN WILL NOT PLAY FOR BEENHAKKER then either coach or players have to go.

nothing wrong with loosing but LACK OF EFFORT AND FIGHT AT THIS STAGE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

This is why i does get vex on dis site!!

In nine days, u expect a man to screen players, teach dem de basics, train them with respect to tactics, get them fit, and remember their names?

Nine days KND??? Nine f*cking days???

U not serious!! not at all! I glad we lorse! because i getting tuh see who stupid and who smart on this site.

This is de first time that he have de team in ah game situation and u done ready tuh kill him!

De players taking time to get to know his style, we are not de best players in de world, we have limitations and we have tuh acept that! we have 3 practise games so please hold your tongue!!

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 04:21:46 PM »
come on andre, ease up dee man nah...hehe

as I said earlier, it was not an impressive performance, but he ONLY has our squad for a matter of days....so no need to panic....we have time to train and better reinforcements to complement them...it was just a practice game....not a great start but by no means the end.

We have to keep the faith in we warriors...we go pull tru in de end.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 04:52:25 PM »

This is why i does get vex on dis site!!

In nine days, u expect a man to screen players, teach dem de basics, train them with respect to tactics, get them fit, and remember their names?

Nine days KND??? Nine f*cking days???

U not serious!! not at all! I glad we lorse! because i getting tuh see who stupid and who smart on this site.

This is de first time that he have de team in ah game situation and u done ready tuh kill him!

De players taking time to get to know his style, we are not de best players in de world, we have limitations and we have tuh acept that! we have 3 practise games so please hold your tongue!!
The Truth.  Sadly if we had won the game some of these same men would be booking tickets to Germany, and praising Beenhakker to the skies.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 05:59:25 PM »
I don't think a win aganist a local TNT club side would have been indicative  or a predictor of  future success to Germany but a positive result would have  been an encouraging sign that the BEST SELECTED Pro players are  able to compete and deliver results.

Keep in mind that these players have been playing on a regular  basis and are also match fit. Yes it was their first time as a team, yes they may have been playing  a different system but you know what :

it was not the first time men were runnning, hussling, tackling, and marking players? I read in the Express where the coach said that aggression, and lapses in concentration contributed to the loss. Lokk those are not things you teach in nine days. These are inherent qualities  which a player brings to the game. If you are selected as one of the best , you had better have these  qualities.
Come on now when you are selceted above the rest there ought to be an expectation that you will show and demonstrate amuch better effort than what I read about.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 06:38:12 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »
it was not the first time men were runnning, hussling, tackling, and marking players? I read in the Express where the coach said that aggression, and lapses in concentration contributed to the loss. Lokk those are not things you teach in nine days. These are inherent qualities  which a player brings to the game. If you are selected as one of the best , you had better have these  qualities.
Perhaps of these players lack those qualities, (which is the result of an inadequate Youth Program) then they were not that good in the first place.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 06:38:09 PM »
So Alberta, are you blaming the coach for selecting the wrong players?  or the players for not justifying the coaches selection?  Or both? Just want to clarify

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »
I am not blaming the coach here but I am saying that what  each individual player brings to the game is a quality to compete, challenge and play at a level. The coaching a  a system of play will facilaitate the succcess or failure of these parts.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 06:46:07 PM »
I am not blaming the coach here but I am saying that what  each individual player brings to the game is a quality to compete, challenge and play at a level. The coaching a  a system of play will facilaitate the succcess or failure of these parts.

I just figure you vex we lose to a club side and want to know why the players on the field or whoever involved allow that to happen and taking it so easy.
That close?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 06:50:15 PM »
ok dcs yuh right.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 08:11:28 PM »
well my first reaction to the loss was laughter. but reading the repors that we didnt play poorly makes me feel better. it seems that the players have a clue and idea to what they are trying to do,but just had some problems with execution. so its good, they have a plan and are working on possession. lookin forwad to the lima gm to see how the team looks with the foreigns and another week under leo. ps-the el salvador friendly is great news.
Hart for president

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 01:02:16 PM »
Beenie seems to know what he's doing ......... like andre said ....it's the execution from the players thats' lacking.

From what i saw of the game ....... it's not totally bad ....with the addition of the foreign based capabale of executing what is planned .....T&T just might stand a chance still.

I hope it's not to little to late
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 01:34:29 PM »
I hope it's not to little to late
Not personal on U Cowen

Yuh know, I hearing many people making that statement...What if it is to late? Would things be done differently knowing that? Wha, we eh go play no games, pick no team, drop out the competition? Find ah nex scapegoat coach?
Who doh want out, "eat your biscuit and shut your mouth"
This is the road chosen, this is the road we will go down.... forget bout what ifs and maybes'. If we don't make it, we don't make it. Wha the hell late or earlier have to do with anything. "Cyar have yuh cake and eat it too"
Been have to do it, if he don't. We in the same boat we have always "been". So what is the big calamity?

We going down so. If we don't make it. Been gone, we find a nex scapegoat, and go again, or we find a next coach and continue trying.
Are we warriors or wusses... Well get d fXXk up leh we go den !
who want to lie down on this site and hold dey head an bawl, start now, Who ready to face adversity, no matter how many times is come, to eventually truimph ...... Come with me, dah is the road I looking for...

Players was so good back den, coaches was so good back den, look wha we come to...how the hell we never make it before den?
USA, Jamaica, and Haiti (doh dey thief) were always more supportive, of their athletes than we...We biggest sport fans is the athletes/Coaches real  immediate families and friends, to everybody else he is a shithound and somebody else should be dey....well to hell with dat, I supporting whoever they send to represent meh....even if he is the biggest shithound to everybody else....

All kinda big shit talk bout not settling for mediocrity, and crticism and ting....allyuh just "Lying down in the road and bawlin"... If we lose a practice game to the women team I supporting... Yeah, I is ah Mook so....everybody else is a rocket scientist, SAY WHAT

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 01:59:20 PM »
I hear where you coming from maxg ...... i in agreement with that but at the same time .....how long Jack had beenie up his sleeve. given more time with the team i believe we would not be in the position we're in now ..................................... but spilt milk.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 02:25:08 PM »
I on the road with you dey maxg... lewee roll
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 03:51:45 PM »
Good talk Maxg.

I doh think it was Jack who had Beenie up he sleeve.
Picking the next coach had seem like playing one of dem slot machines.

Allyuh think before yuh call man shithound nah....if yuh cah say it to his face (in whatever PC way) after he come off the field playing for the country then why bother say it here.  (And it have real cases where they deserve to hear it and they mightn even argue)

It have a big difference in demanding better and just writing people off/disrespecting dem.

I think it was Coops who say players at home getting pound right through and that might be killing their motivation more than anything.

1]; } ?>