April 24, 2024, 09:43:48 PM

Author Topic: You think Mexico will do the same thing like what they did with Italy in 2002?  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just finished watching the Italy v Mexico 2002 World Cup match on tv6 and i watched the complete disrespect of the game by the Mexicans 5 minutes before the end of the match after Italy equalized which guaranteed them advancing to the next round. The commentator described the way the Mexicans hogged the ball for the rest of the game as horrible torturous and disrespectful, even the referee was appauling display by them and after he blew the final whistle he made the sign of the cross thanking god that he stopped them from continuing, the crowd booed at the Mexicans for the display.

Question: Do you think that they will do the same thing if they are in the same situation like 2002 and if that happens do you think they should be fined or cautioned for wasting time?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 06:41:36 PM by Reaper2004 »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
is keeping the ball wasting time??

if tnt keeps the ball fo 90 mins and draws a game 0 0  in the world cup i go be happy
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fined for time-wasting?  Never heard of that one.
That is a stretch.
And did they waste time while keeping the ball in play?  Because that is totally legal.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Trinidad did the same thing to a lesser extent in Bahrain when the clock was ticking down, with Yorke and Latapy by the corner flag, it fustrate the Bahrain players so much they wanted to fight. I know what you are saying, It really is an eye sore, not helathy for the outlook of the game because it is fustrating and can cause dissent. I think any team that is in a close match especially the knockout phase will waste time and try to run down the clock.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
at the end the result matters so it does not matter. i myself never heard of time wasteing being a fine so you have to wheel and come againg!!!!
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Them Bahrain fellas was wasting time from the kick off in TNT if holding on to th eball is time wasting so be it. What happens when team like Norway played for a draw ineach game to get 1 pt is the same thing at least Mexico scored.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinidadam

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Its all tactics like it or not and if you ever see mexico play you know they'll use every trick in the book and then some. I bet you the same men on the football team is the same one's on the diving team, no joke.

takin ah ride

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
so ah man keeping de ball not legal

allyuh better not come across me in ah small goal cause allyuh go cuss
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just finished watching the Italy v Mexico 2002 World Cup match on tv6 and i watched the complete disrespect of the game by the Mexicans 5 minutes before the end of the match after Italy equalized which guaranteed them advancing to the next round. The commentator described the way the Mexicans hogged the ball for the rest of the game as horrible torturous and disrespectful, even the referee was appauling display by them and after he blew the final whistle he made the sign of the cross thanking god that he stopped them from continuing, the crowd booed at the Mexicans for the display.

Question: Do you think that they will do the same thing if they are in the same situation like 2002 and if that happens do you think they should be fined or cautioned for wasting time?

If it means advancing then they could do whatever they want that is legal

If de opposition want de ball let dem come for it, is only fuh so long a team could keep possession for under pressure, unless it is Brazil

Mexico is capable of going very far in the World Cup

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

If it means advancing then they could do whatever they want that is legal

If de opposition want de ball let dem come for it, is only fuh so long a team could keep possession for under pressure, unless it is Brazil

Mexico is capable of going very far in the World Cup

Lets hope & pray that all CONCACAF teams do well in this World Cup & hopefully one of them could get to the final if T&T fails to make the final? Or why not two CONCACAF teams in the final, USA vs T&T revenge for 1989 is still on my mind!  :chilling:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
I was kinda happy for Concacaf when Mexico got seeded for the World Cup and when they won the under 17 world cup. Because of mexico getting a top seed i can see them doing well in that group they are in. They play portugal in their last game and i think both teams are favourite to come out of that group and if it come down to the last game and the game coming to and end and the score tie and if the score  remain the same both teams advance i wouldn't be  surprise if both team start knocking the ball around. The same thing happen in Nations Cup between Cameroon and DR Congo. In that game with ten minutes to go both coach were seen talking to each other and then both team start to keep the ball in their own half.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
games kick off at the same time, so it is difficult now to to do that as you dont know what will happen in the next game.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
games kick off at the same time, so it is difficult now to to do that as you dont know what will happen in the next game.
It has always been like that and even if it so people still does find out.

1]; } ?>