April 29, 2024, 02:42:48 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland wants Marvin at finals.  (Read 769 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jason Scotland wants Marvin at finals.
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:35:47 AM »
Jason Scotland wants Marvin at finals.
Daily Record News.
[/size]

Marvin Andrews is guaranteed a World Cup place for Trinidad and Tobago despite his Rangers career being on the slide. Andrews has been left out of the Ibrox team in recent weeks but international team-mate Jason Scotland reckons that can benefit the Soca Warriors in Germany.
St Johnstone star Scotland said: "Marvin is a huge inspiration to everyone and he's at the core of the squad. We have an incredible team spirit and that is down to guys like him.
"Sure, he has been missing games for Rangers but he will be fresher than many of the guys. Marvyn will definitely be on the plane to Germany." Scotland is also hoping for a place in boss Leo Beenhakker's squad.
Meanwhile, WorldFootballers.com reported that former Pompey goalkeeper Shaka Hislop stands between his old club and their bid for Premiership survival on Saturday. Nine months after being booted out of Pompey by boss Alain Perrin Hislop, will line up for West Ham at Upton Park. Harry Redknapp has since taken charge at Fratton Park. The ex-Hammers chief said: “I was surprised Shaka was released. I would not have let him go. “He is a great lad and character around a football club. He did a fantastic job for Portsmouth when he was here. “I signed him twice which shows how much I rate him.“It is good to see him still doing the business at West Ham United. “But let’s hope we can put a few past him at the weekend.”
In related news, Marlon Harewood's extra time goal sent West Ham United into the FA Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday after a 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderers in their fifth round replay at Upton Park.
Harewood flicked in Yossi Benayoun's cross five minutes into the first extra period to book the east London side a visit to Premier League rivals Manchester City in the last eight.
The striker had also played his part in West Ham's opening goal after 10 minutes, his low cross causing Bolton's Nicky Hunt to panic and thump a clearance against his own keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen, the ball canonning off the Finn's chest. Kevin Davies levelled in the 31st minute when his swerving shot could only be helped into the net by keeper Shaka Hislop.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 05:47:29 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>