April 16, 2024, 09:18:18 AM

Poll

If we advance to the second round what will happen?

Get kicked out.
4 (11.1%)
Advanced all the way to the semi finals.
6 (16.7%)
Yuh going too fast 1989... one step at a time please.
26 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: When T&T...  (Read 4762 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When T&T...
« on: March 14, 2006, 06:42:26 PM »
Supposing that we beat England and also advance.  What do you think?
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

TrinInfinite

Re: When T&T...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 06:50:58 PM »
first its de quarter finals then semis bredda ::)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:19:55 PM »
first its de quarter finals then semis bredda ::)

I know that  ::).  That is why I put the last voting option there. ::)
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 07:25:05 PM »
gehin kicked out second rounds... and thats bein realistic

T&T will do very well.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 12:10:51 AM »
I studying sweden first, will make predictions after that game

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 12:45:43 AM »
being optamistic ,but why can"t silvio make some maradona type run"s ,ain"t we good enought??? jeezes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 12:47:17 AM by Compre »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 04:22:22 AM »
wuh? de sweeden da geh beat 3-0 by Rep. of Ireland?

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 04:25:24 AM »
I really wouldn't judge a team on one friendly result

I just honestly don't know how T&T will perform against top opposition in the WC. It's two factors, the quality of football (which I think we can raise our level to) and the nerves on the big stage (my biggest worry)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 04:29:27 AM »
I really wouldn't judge a team on one friendly result

I just honestly don't know how T&T will perform against top opposition in the WC. It's two factors, the quality of football (which I think we can raise our level to) and the nerves on the big stage (my biggest worry)

yea yea i understand wuh yuh mean i have (or should i say had) de same feelings buh honestly dred... i rel lost dem nerves... all de pre-match insanity aint botherin me... after they gotto the world cup and continued improving I have built a faith in which no man can ROCK.

and even if we do end up losing out in the first round even if we are down to the last game without a win... i will still have that faith.

buh we beatin sweeden first game anyway so da eh happenin.  ;D

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 04:36:51 AM »

the game against tjechie will make everything clear
a great game to see where you are standing
tjechie is a topteam
a great testmatch

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 06:36:47 AM »
I am waiting to see what Beenie is doing with this Team . After the warm up games , I will tell you if we are making the second rounds. About nerves on the big stage- We are the warriors man. Remember TRinis like the big stage to shine.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 06:39:02 AM »
germany playing crap right now, but rspect them as hosts....costa rica next in linefrom group A and it have no reason why we cyah beat them....IF we get out of that group, I feel we go have at least 1 2nd round victory too.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 08:20:55 AM »
lets take it slow ppl one game at a time and with sucess great tings could happen.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 09:05:18 AM »
Why is everyone so obsessed with beating England. If you beat Sweden and Paraguay, then you will go through if you beat us or not.

the same obviously goes for England as well.

I really hope we oth qualify, because I want us to win it and TnT to beat Germany in the next round  8)

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
Why is everyone so obsessed with beating England. If you beat Sweden and Paraguay, then you will go through if you beat us or not.

I really hope we oth qualify, because I want us to win it and TnT to beat Germany in the next round  8)

People are a bit obsessed with beating England because of historical reasons. Being a former British colony getting one over England is bragging rights for decades. Just like how Scotland, Ireland would enjoy being beating England, it's the same here. The same in cricket, West Indies enjoy beating England in cricket. Sven Goran remarked that he wasn't aware that England and Australia had such a sporting rivalry and it was a team he hoped to avoid in the WC draw. The Aussie would be highly motivated to put one over England, same sort of relationship in our case.

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:46:54 AM »

People are a bit obsessed with beating England because of historical reasons. Being a former British colony getting one over England is bragging rights for decades. Just like how Scotland, Ireland would enjoy being beating England, it's the same here. The same in cricket, West Indies enjoy beating England in cricket. Sven Goran remarked that he wasn't aware that England and Australia had such a sporting rivalry and it was a team he hoped to avoid in the WC draw. The Aussie would be highly motivated to put one over England, same sort of relationship in our case.

Everyone raises their game when they play us :'(

I thought there might be more to it than that.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »

the game against tjechie will make everything clear
a great game to see where you are standing
tjechie is a topteam
a great testmatch

HUH  ??? ??? ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Isaachunt

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »
 Leo Beenhakker is a boss. He can carry us very far.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »
allyuh stop daydreamin.it is a tough task fuh tnt to reach 2nd round.ah would love them to advance but realistically it hard.it hard.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Isaachunt

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 09:59:05 AM »
allyuh stop daydreamin.it is a tough task fuh tnt to reach 2nd round.ah would love them to advance but realistically it hard.it hard.
Senegal was ranked what in 2002 ? Anything could happen in soccer. We just have to wish for it to happen. Greece wasn't supposed to win Euro but they did. Soccer is llike that

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 10:06:37 AM »
Senegal was ranked what in 2002 ? Anything could happen in soccer. We just have to wish for it to happen. Greece wasn't supposed to win Euro but they did. Soccer is llike that
if wishs came tru ah woulda be goodlookin,rich and meh cocolooks woulda be like john holmes own.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Scores tuh settle
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »
I think we can draw on the rivalry of Sweden and England. These 2 teams had had a rivalry brewing for a while and at the last world cup they were in de same group and Sweden cut England "punash" nah
Atleats drwaing with either of these teams would bring some fire. They both would be trying to top de group but unsetting their plans and drawing could topple the balance in de group... Daiz just my opinion

Eh fat boi out i gone

Isaachunt

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 10:15:40 AM »
if wishs came tru ah woulda be goodlookin,rich and meh cocolooks woulda be like john holmes own.
capodetutticapi , I said IN SOCCER you idiot !!!! learn to read nah

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 10:22:18 AM »
yuh talkin utter kaka.dat name really suit yuh.yuh middle name should be BIG. ;D

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 10:22:42 AM »
Guys, just cool down and wait a little!  OK we make the WC but put the daydreaming aside and let us take our baby steps in peace. I don't think we getting to the  second round but we will give a respectable performance, just nipped out by ENG and SWE.  Now, if we start planning early and developing our players, we can qualify for 2010 and look to go to the second round or quarters.  So just hold your horses and stop the lunacy.  Well, Iguess we are all FAN(atic)S so the blood rising to allyuh head.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »

Sweden and Paraguay didn't colonize we ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
Guys, just cool down and wait a little!  OK we make the WC but put the daydreaming aside and let us take our baby steps in peace. I don't think we getting to the  second round but we will give a respectable performance, just nipped out by ENG and SWE.  Now, if we start planning early and developing our players, we can qualify for 2010 and look to go to the second round or quarters.  So just hold your horses and stop the lunacy.  Well, Iguess we are all FAN(atic)S so the blood rising to allyuh head.

I glad you not on we team yes. How yuh go say dat >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Isaachunt

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »
yuh talkin utter kaka.dat name really suit yuh.yuh middle name should be BIG. ;D
Don't worry my boy. You don't know anything about football. It does happen. I just state two underdog teams that did well in big competitions and you discredit it. my name is for fellas to call realize they talking to themselves

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2006, 05:40:52 AM »
PLUS, i doh like how day does hole day teacups wid day likkle pinky finger pointing into next week ;D ;D

it's cos our hands are too fat to fit in the handle ;D

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 05:46:19 AM »

out of interest, what about France?

Tobago changed hands between Britain and France several times, would they same apply to teh French?

Also, a lot of the colonising in the Caribean was done by the Scots no? which is why I thought ther was a lot of Scottish names. would the same also apply to Scotland?

I'm not trying to open a political debate, I am curious that's all.

1]; } ?>