March 28, 2024, 10:53:10 AM

Author Topic: Mexico  (Read 8838 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
When they beat our depleted side 7:0, it was our Mexico vT&T.  We beat them in POS, it was Mexico v T&T.  Forget this U21 stupidness.  We need to beat them whenever we play them; no excuses.  They are very good, technically gifted, good attacking instincts, and make few errors.  In one game they could surprise anybody.  To win a series of knockout games down the stretch after the first round, it might be difficult. But as they say it is always 11 v 11, no timeouts.  I would be happy to see any CONCACAF team win but I think we still behind Europe and S. America.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 12:50:09 PM »
True talk Storeboy.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »
as i said b4 and will say again NO CONCACAF TEAM can win de wc right now.

...Except USA who have a way of upsetting the flow of things.  Just think last world cup they almost reach the semis, last year they won the Gold Cup, they beat T&T twice  :devil:, they walked over Norway, they are now #1 in Concacaf.... Their confidence is really high right now and that could translate into Czech getting licks followed by a freak win over Brazil in the second round...
yuh better wipe dat dribble from yuh mouth cause yuh dreamin.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »
Mexico may not win it all, but they have a good chance of going into the semis and then possibly the finals. People forget- no team has seen a full strength side from Mexico since the USA played against them Easter Sunday at Azteca, and Mexico has been playing without possibly their best finisher, since Blanco had that falling out with their coach, Ricardo LaVolpe. If the two reconcile, you will see a complete squad, because Bravo lacks the experience and mind for finishing that Blanco has.

As for their players that are playing in the friendlies right now and were playing in the late qualifying stages, those are all rising stars in the Meican League who will be playing a key part in future qualifying- so look for them to go all the way in 2010. With Ochoa in goal, Marquez and a more experienced Bravo (and possibly) Dos Santos leading the attack, and Marquez holding it down on D, that will be an excellent team, thats my word.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 09:03:56 AM »
Physically, Mexico are way too small to win a World Cup. Harsh, but true.

I dont quite agree!!

I beieve they can match up with those bigger players cause they have been doing that for years. 

Big team rough up tactics dont really help u win games, it just prevents u from losing, and in some cases, losing badly. 

Mexico and Spain are outside bets that just might suprise the world, along with Trinidad and Tobago.

ah love it!!

I am ah soca warrior, ah say win or lose i am a fighter!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »
Physically, Mexico are way too small to win a World Cup. Harsh, but true.

I dont quite agree!!

I beieve they can match up with those bigger players cause they have been doing that for years. 

Big team rough up tactics dont really help u win games, it just prevents u from losing, and in some cases, losing badly. 

Mexico and Spain are outside bets that just might suprise the world, along with Trinidad and Tobago.

ah love it!!

I am ah soca warrior, ah say win or lose i am a fighter!!

Very true Samuel
But i will go further tuh say in this day football could swing any way the underdog or de Superpower
Just keep supposing till alyuh see Trinbago in de Final!!!

As A. Samuel does say... ah love it

fat boi out

1]; } ?>