April 16, 2024, 08:04:10 AM

Author Topic: Why I joined The Warrior Nation  (Read 5873 times)

truetrini

Why I joined The Warrior Nation
« on: March 15, 2006, 07:14:05 PM »
I joined the warrior Nation because it is a very Trini thing to do.  I did not vote for the name Warrior Nation but since we all operate in a democracy I proclaim that I am a very proud charter member od the T&T Warrior Nation.

I am a die-hard football fan and I love the land of my birth Trinidad and Tobago.  I want to make sure that everytime a T&T national team plays in any stadium anywhere in the world they will be playing in front of a partisan, patriotic set of fans from T&T.  What better way to ensure this than having an oraginzed group of fans under one umbrella...under The warrior Nation?

There is no conflict between The Warrior Nation and this forum and website.  Indeed The warrior Nation would not be in existence if this website did not exist.  it is here we congregate to hear the latest gossip, news and information about football and T&T ball in particular.  it is here we pass on news about new and exciting national prospects.  it is hear we learn of de latest bobol in T&T and de best jokes anywhere on de www.

There is misinformation going around, and it is nobody's fault really.  I am taking it upon myself to share my feelings on the issue of a misconceived conflict.

There is no difference between The Warrior Nation and this site.  This is the forum of T&T supporters, T&T supporters are The Warrior Nation.

For us to be uniform in purpose and support we now have an organization dedicated to just these purposes.

I joined The warrior Nation because I wanted to be part of a group of die-hard fans dedicated to giving HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE to the Soca Warriors every time they took the field.  I did not want to be around a group of waggonists who clapped only when a goal was scored or a nice beat was given.   I wanted to be around like minded fans who weren't afraid tuh show dey colours and represent, A group dat would energize de entire stadium , a group dat would show de world what trinis were made of..blood sweat and fete.  Win lorse or draw we having fun and we partying.  A group dat would make all de football games fun for we and de opposing fans.

I eh join tuh make nobody feel bad and ting.  Is one love I on.

I joined becasue I felt that if any group ah people should start a supporters club, den it should be de posters here.  Not some people who eh know who de arse is Latapy and who asking if Lara playing today!

dat is shit.

Dat is why I am a proud member of de warrior Nation today.  I never try tuh big up myself at anytime, nor have I tried tuh steal thunder and glory. 

I accepted no post nor did I petition for any post within the Board of The warrior Nation.  Not because I felt that I could not contribute, but becasue I saw a group of dedicated men and women working hard behind de scenes, putting up dey money tuh make dis happen and I thought that their dedication was making us all proud and dat dey deserved the chance tuh run this club.

I am disappointed dat more people have not yet joined the club, and I suspect that many do not yet understand the role of the club, that is why I making dis post.  In an attempt tuh clear tings up.  I eh looking fuh no fight down or nutten and I eh fighting nobody down either.

Sam made a suggestion and I think it is ah good one too.  www.socawarriors.net should be on de banners and other merchandise in the future to clearly show dat there is no difference between the two bodies.

That is my take and I eh feel we looking fuh nobody who want tuh be a hooligan or jackass eh.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:33:25 PM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why I joined The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 07:19:30 PM »
TT.. I en know what else could be added to that post... I agree whole heartedly with it .. Well done...

Ah waiting for allyuh fellahs to reach next month..

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »
Good...honest post TT  :beermug:
I hope people will see the light and that there is no conflict of interest between the www.socawarriors.net and www.thewarriornation.com site.
We are one and all the same  :)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
I don't even see how people don't know that one is related to the other.  If you were on this board for atleast the beginning of the year you would know that one site is just a life line for the other and is run by the same people.  I agree with everything you saying TT, nice post. :beermug:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 07:38:17 PM »
the warrior nation provides an avenue for die hard warriors supporters to come together support the team and defend it against waggonist along wit everyting tt post

i am a proud member
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »
Proud member here and i agree with all TT had to say in his post...hit de nail pon de head
Back in Trini...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 07:59:46 PM »
I agree with 99% of the above posts. Almost everone on the forum knows the meaning on the term 'waggonist', but lets all be honest for a while, at some point all of us were so call 'waggonist'.

We were not born or came into existence with a wealth of knowledge about T&T football, we started getting intersted (some earlier than others)we were encouraged, and then we fell in love with it.

I must admit that the fact that man could get ticket an thing for not knowing seemingly simple facts is really funny but in an effort for the Warrior Nation to grow, we cannot treat the less informed in this manner.  We should maybe try to be a bit more tolerant and welcoming and even encourage them to be part of the Warrior Nation, this is one sure way we can grow as a supporter club of T&T football.

When foreingers from other forums come on here and give their 2 cents, we thank them for the info and welcome them to the site, so why do we try to belittle and embarass our own countrymen when they make a bo bo in their post??

This is just my observation and mind you, the ticket thing funny eh, but remember we building something here and shouldn't bring a man down because he now starting to get into the whole T&T football thing.

blow all yuh whistle!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 08:04:02 PM »
I agree with 99% of the above posts. Almost everone on the forum knows the meaning on the term 'waggonist', but lets all be honest for a while, at some point all of us were so call 'waggonist'.

We were not born or came into existence with a wealth of knowledge about T&T football, we started getting intersted (some earlier than others)we were encouraged, and then we fell in love with it.

I must admit that the fact that man could get ticket an thing for not knowing seemingly simple facts is really funny but in an effort for the Warrior Nation to grow, we cannot treat the less informed in this manner.  We should maybe try to be a bit more tolerant and welcoming and even encourage them to be part of the Warrior Nation, this is one sure way we can grow as a supporter club of T&T football.

When foreingers from other forums come on here and give their 2 cents, we thank them for the info and welcome them to the site, so why do we try to belittle and embarass our own countrymen when they make a bo bo in their post??

This is just my observation and mind you, the ticket thing funny eh, but remember we building something here and shouldn't bring a man down because he now starting to get into the whole T&T football thing.

blow all yuh whistle!!!!

well I agree breds.  But I was never ah waggonist eh.  Never from small I dey watching from North South Classics tuh games in de savannah, tuh PSA King George park Sando and arima  I was dey!

But yuh point well taken...I only start following golf because ah tiger woods...so I eh discouraging anyone who get caught up ibde qualification frenzy  dey welcome tuh join.

doh miss meh point ..ah eh like people who asking meh if Lara playing toady..is football not cricket.

And I want tuh be around people who is dis-hards...we in de Warrior Nation go be in we secution..ah eh stopping dem from going tuh de games..I jes eh want tuh be around people who eh as exccited as me dat is all.

peace.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
One way to get someone excited  just as you is to share what your know any your enthusiasm will rub off on them. Think back to when you first started watching football.

I understand what you were saying, but I deliberately phrased it that way so I would not be misunderstood.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »
Again I'm speechless. Well written TT.

I am concerned about one thing in particular.
Why is it that some individuals see it necessary to ask some questions in the forum that could be asked in a PM to the author of the thread.  I have no problem with people who don't know something to ask a question. All I'm saying is think twice on whether to ask it in public or private.  

I've notice recently in the General Discussion people "newbies" creating new threads about them receiving a new status.
So, is that why people post, to reach the 100 post or 1000?

My thoughts.

Hopefully I'll get a respectable reply.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »

Why is it that some individuals see it necessary to ask some questions in the forum that could be asked in a PM to the author of the thread.  I have no problem with people who don't know something to ask a question. All I'm saying is think twice on whether to ask it in public or private. 

I've notice recently in the General Discussion people "newbies" creating new threads about them receiving a new status.

My thoughts.

Maybe apart from the forum rules, we can formulate a list of DOs and DONTs as it realtes to forum etiquette if we dont alrady have one.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 08:26:16 PM by College »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »
i didnt join i was one of the founders ;D :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
I started a new work with less internet freedom so I am missing from the board during the day, I am unaware of any conflict between the two sites, I know a few folks were questioning why the new site was needed.
This is how i see the role of the Warrior Nation, and its the same as Truetrini said, the forum is where we get together to chat and talk and discuss football,TnT football. In fact that is not all because there are so many diff forums on there besides just football.
The Warrior Nation is the name of the SocaWarriors Supporters Club that some of us here have formed here to follow the Warriors and all Trini teams playing wherever.  Much like the US team has 'Sams Army', www.thewarriornation.com is just the website of the Club, the club will have members, most I think who will not be forumites, but supporters of the team.
I am not yet too worried about the low membership turnout, I think if we can make a good showing at a Peru game, let folks know we are here and what we are about things will pick up.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 08:28:49 PM »
Nice post TT, all ah we is one family  ;D...and we could fight and give ole talk, but when de day done...we all are supporter of TnT football.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 09:27:55 PM »
So why is there conflict it is obvious that the two sites are almost siamese twins. I have encourage a friend to join the warrior nation because he ain't no big internet person so he ain't likely to post here but he will be a proud member of the Warrior nation once I get the money from him.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
Well I broth up  the idea of the supporters club because at the US game we where not unified as the Sam’s army  and Tallman said that the discussion came up before and no one was serious about it. Flex didn’t want to get involve because it would be to much work he supported us and give his blessing and we all agreed that no football news our discussion or forum would by placed on Warrior Nation I truly don’t see why there’s a conflict because I see it as father and son Socawwarriors.net is the father and Warrior Nation is the son beside we couldn’t use the discussion forum as our supporters site.     
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »
I joined since I have the utmost respek for the mascot.. the Canada East Rep and the green card we now giving waggonist dem..as long as they pay they money..OH.. and the meeting dem is real lime. As ah born and bred trini I like lime toobad!

The only thing that would add condense milk to this snowcone is..

if allyuh give special memberships to.. all the fellas who want to play for warriors now.. like meh cousin zamora
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:14:05 PM by Jumbie »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 12:23:51 PM »
Am confused should i be a closet TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO football lover, like i have been for the last 13 years ,or should i become a fully paid member like i was hoping to, but be labelled a waggonist. If the answer is join how exactly ,would i have to do it be specific please .P.S I want ma shirt And rag ,,ta wear and ting to .ya know. 30 u.s ah beleave cool.

join bredda, we having a warrior nation luanch soon, i expect u 2 b dere  :beermug:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »
YEA MAN!!

Truetrini!

meh pops!!

yuh ah real supporter.

a cyah organize de payments mehself over the net so TT pay fuh meh... i will be forever greatfulll..... oconner has my profile been approved yet?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »

blow all yuh whistle!!!!

I couldn't have put it any better myself. I joined this forum shortly after the Bahrain game. I didn't even know this site existed and I only found it by accident when searching the net for info about the new national team kit. So yes, by definition I am a Waggonist, even though I have been supporting the national team since I can remember. Now I don't mind being labelled a Waggonist, because I work in the motor trade, and that means I have rhinoceros' skin. Insults to me, is like water off a duck's arse  ;D In fact, after I've finished writing this reply I am going to change my username to "JayTheWaggonist"  ;D

and College, you are 100% correct that everyone at some point was a Waggonist. In fact, there is a very strong argument that "The Warrior Nation" itself is a waggonist concept. After all, it was only a few weeks after T&T qualified for WC that The Warrior Nation was incorporated...

And again you are 100% correct when you say that if the Warrior Nation is to grow, we have to welcome all those fans who show an interest, be they die-hard or casual fans. I wrote in an email to the BOD a week or so back that I think it should be one of the goals of the Warrior Nation to encourage and educate the casual fans into becoming die-hard supporters.

FACT! The Warrior Nation NEEDS more Waggonists to sign up! and I for one, will welcome them with open arms.

- Jay
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:24:08 PM by JayTheWaggonist (formerly TWB) »
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »
I think dudes here getting tie up.. 

No one here Never called a New person to this site a waggonist.. that lable ONLY comes when some says some thing like

" Wha position Shaka does play" or some thing of de sort.. Leh we doh get it twisted..

And yes, more waggonists are needed.. Our job will be to reform those waggonists.. 

"Waggonist Reform Centre " - WRC.. we will be having several guest lecturers  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:06:43 PM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 02:03:59 PM »
Oh, so thats what it means ,well thats fair .I have no problem with that. ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:27:15 PM by Compre »

Offline Corbie chile

• meh mudda an faddah chile...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • i love being me....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 02:39:16 PM »
truetrini... :-* :-* :-*
who vex loss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 10:02:42 PM »
I did not even know about the siteI only heard about it when the odd time I happened to hear the so called fearless one talked about the site and I joined immediately.

I was hook on CaribbeanCricket.com ubtil I cyah post. I agree a waggonist is a person who will go to cricket in the Trini Posse stand it is all about the lime.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 10:09:29 PM »
I joined the warrior Nation because it is a very Trini thing to do.  I did not vote for the name Warrior Nation but since we all operate in a democracy I proclaim that I am a very proud charter member od the T&T Warrior Nation.

I am a die-hard football fan and I love the land of my birth Trinidad and Tobago.  I want to make sure that everytime a T&T national team plays in any stadium anywhere in the world they will be playing in front of a partisan, patriotic set of fans from T&T.  What better way to ensure this than having an oraginzed group of fans under one umbrella...under The warrior Nation?

There is no conflict between The Warrior Nation and this forum and website.  Indeed The warrior Nation would not be in existence if this website did not exist.  it is here we congregate to hear the latest gossip, news and information about football and T&T ball in particular.  it is here we pass on news about new and exciting national prospects.  it is hear we learn of de latest bobol in T&T and de best jokes anywhere on de www.

There is misinformation going around, and it is nobody's fault really.  I am taking it upon myself to share my feelings on the issue of a misconceived conflict.

There is no difference between The Warrior Nation and this site.  This is the forum of T&T supporters, T&T supporters are The Warrior Nation.

For us to be uniform in purpose and support we now have an organization dedicated to just these purposes.

I joined The warrior Nation because I wanted to be part of a group of die-hard fans dedicated to giving HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE to the Soca Warriors every time they took the field.  I did not want to be around a group of waggonists who clapped only when a goal was scored or a nice beat was given.   I wanted to be around like minded fans who weren't afraid tuh show dey colours and represent, A group dat would energize de entire stadium , a group dat would show de world what trinis were made of..blood sweat and fete.  Win lorse or draw we having fun and we partying.  A group dat would make all de football games fun for we and de opposing fans.

I joined becasue I felt that if any group ah people should start a supporters club, den it should be de posters here.  Not some people who eh know who de arse is Latapy and who asking if Lara playing today!

dat is shit.

Dat is why I am a proud member of de warrior Nation today.  I never try tuh big up myself at anytime, nor have I tried tuh steal thunder and glory. 

I accepted no post nor did I petition for any post within the Board of The warrior Nation.  Not because I felt that I could not contribute, but becasue I saw a group of dedicated men and women working hard behind de scenes, putting up dey money tuh make dis happen and I thought that their dedication was making us all proud and dat dey deserved the chance tuh run this club.

I am disappointed dat more people have not yet joined the club, and I suspect that many do not yet understand the role of the club, that is why I making dis post.  In an attempt tuh clear tings up.  I eh looking fuh no fight down or nutten and I eh fighting nobody down either.

Sam made a suggestion and I think it is ah good one too.  www.socawarriors.net should be on de banners and other merchandise in the future to clearly show dat there is no difference between the two bodies.

That is my take and I eh feel we looking fuh nobody who want tuh be a hooligan or jackass eh.

Thanks

Define for me, if you can...the definition of a 'waggonist'.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 10:13:59 PM »

blow all yuh whistle!!!!

I personally find it funny...to preach unity in one breath, but deride some fans as 'waggonist'...all warrior fans are created equal, but some fans are apparently more equal than others.

No scenes...I'll still give Warrior Nation my support.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »

Why is it that some individuals see it necessary to ask some questions in the forum that could be asked in a PM to the author of the thread.  I have no problem with people who don't know something to ask a question. All I'm saying is think twice on whether to ask it in public or private.  

My thoughts.

Why didn't you ask this question in a PM then?  To pursue your inane line of reasoning, wouldn't this too have been better served asked of the nameless person in PM?

Personally...as long as it ent personal business being shared...and the question may be of interest to others looking on...no better place for it than 'in public'.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 12:00:48 AM »

blow all yuh whistle!!!!

I personally find it funny...to preach unity in one breath, but deride some fans as 'waggonist'...all warrior fans are created equal, but some fans are apparently more equal than others.

No scenes...I'll still give Warrior Nation my support.

Like allyuh cyar read and understand at all ah waht?

Comprehension wasnt allyuh strong point  ent?

I did not want to be around a group of waggonists who clapped only when a goal was scored or a nice beat was given.   I wanted to be around like minded fans who weren't afraid tuh show dey colours and represent, A group dat would energize de entire stadium , a group dat would show de world what trinis were made of..blood sweat and fete.  Win lorse or draw we having fun and we partying.  A group dat would make all de football games fun for we and de opposing fans.

I never referred tuh newer posters on dis site as waggonists.

Anyone who is a fair weather suporter is a damn waggonist.

If yuh only supporting because others doing it. ot only whne tings running smoothly..yuh is ah blasted @#$## waggonists.

Clear now?

I am sure if yuh did take de shark out de bake...yuh woulda see clearer and read de post dat yuh quoted!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 01:10:53 PM »
I think I will just hold on and join the warrior nation AFTER the World Cup...if it is still around and active. Cause then I sure the men who there, is the same men I used to vibes with early in this campaign before ppl catch ther world cup bug. The men who will be there during the early stages of the next campaign when the side in chaos again because latas, yorke, dog, shaka, maybe stern will be retired, and beenie gone and anton in charge and only putting his friends on the side (or men who pass thru alcons).
The men i know supporting Trinidad football, jump high, jump low...

Besdies, is only one home game we getting before the world cup to show we support in the stadium and my finances would be in beter shape by then too... ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
I think I will just hold on and join the warrior nation AFTER the World Cup...if it is still around and active. Cause then I sure the men who there, is the same men I used to vibes with early in this campaign before ppl catch ther world cup bug. The men who will be there during the early stages of the next campaign when the side in chaos again because latas, yorke, dog, shaka, maybe stern will be retired, and beenie gone and anton in charge and only putting his friends on the side (or men who pass thru alcons).
The men i know supporting Trinidad football, jump high, jump low...

Besdies, is only one home game we getting before the world cup to show we support in the stadium and my finances would be in beter shape by then too... ;D

:-X

1]; } ?>