April 28, 2024, 06:20:01 PM

Author Topic: Henry is Ours, Say Barca!!  (Read 4083 times)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Henry is Ours, Say Barca!!
« on: March 16, 2006, 12:24:55 PM »
Henry is ours, say Barcelona
The Times

By Matt Hughes

BARCELONA have raised the stakes in the battle for Thierry Henry by claiming to have secured the services of the Arsenal striker. Sources close to Joan Laporta, the Barcelona president, have told Spanish journalists that the club have reached a verbal agreement with the Frenchman to join them in the summer. It has even been suggested that Henry will be presented at the Nou Camp before the World Cup.

Arsenal are furious at the claims, although they have resisted the temptation to condemn Barcelona publicly for fear of disturbing Henry’s delicate contract talks. The 28-year-old has been offered a four-year deal worth £100,000 a week, but despite repeatedly insisting that he wants to stay, he has yet to sign it.

Arsenal believe that Barcelona are talking up their hopes of capturing Henry in an attempt to unsettle him. It is not the first time that they have used such tactics. Laporta told supporters in December that he would do everything in his power to sign Henry, but he has a habit of making grand promises that do not materialise, winning the club’s presidential elections in 2003 on the back of a supposed agreement with Manchester United to sign David Beckham when it was clear that the England captain wanted to join Real Madrid.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has threatened before to report Barcelona to Fifa, world football’s governing body, for “tapping up” Henry and his anger has not diminished. Any verbal agreement between Barcelona and Henry without the consent of Arsenal would constitute an illegal approach, although Wenger is again expected to stop short of making a formal complaint.

“I am not happy with Barcelona,” he said in December. “They have broken a code of behaviour and I feel it is not very respectful towards us. I am worried about it. If they want to sign him, all they have to do is call me up because he has one year left on his contract. I don’t care who you are in football, if you are from Barcelona or Doncaster, you have to respect the rules.”

Of further disquiet is Barcelona’s claim that Henry will cost them relatively little. The Spaniards believe that, as a result of Fifa regulations that enable players over the age of 28, who have been at a club for more than three years, to buy themselves out of the final year of their contract, the maximum compensation they will be obliged to pay is £10 million — and that he could come even cheaper.

Arsenal’s interpretation of the regulations is that they would hope to raise closer to £20 million if they are forced to sell their captain this summer.

Sources close to Henry insist that he has not agreed anything with anyone, although the longer he goes without signing his new contract, the greater the likelihood that he will leave North London.

Henry declared his desire to end his career at Arsenal at the start of the year, although he included the caveat that they must prove that they shared his ambitions. With the club able to meet his financial demands, Henry’s concerns are of a footballing nature and it is understood that he is waiting to see if Arsenal qualify for next season’s Champions League before making his decision. They are through to the quarter-finals of this season’s competition but only fifth in the Barclays Premiership.

Although Wenger hopes to convince Henry to stay, he has begun the search for potential replacements, with Fernando Torres the most likely candidate. Atlético Madrid quoted Tottenham Hotspur £20 million for the Spain striker during the January transfer window and although Arsenal would also balk at such a fee, they are in a position to outbid their neighbours.

Arsenal also plan to open contract talks with Ashley Cole in the next few weeks, although it is unlikely that he will extend his stay. The England defender has two years left on his contract but wants to leave after falling out with them over the Chelsea “tapping-up” affair, with Real favourites to sign him in the summer.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Henry is Ours, Say Barca!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »
Come on Henry..ready yuhself tuh drop de "I'm leaving" bomb like Ronaldo..We waitin tuh welcome yuh at de Nou Camp.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Isaachunt

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »
 If Henry go there he will not shine. watch him for France . He doesn't star out but he does play good. because it have big guns playing with him. He is a boss but i think he need to be in charge of the side and Ronaldinho and Deco already doing that. If he go there that will take some of his limelight and Ronaldinho's

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »
If Henry go there he will not shine. watch him for France . He doesn't star out but he does play good. because it have big guns playing with him. He is a boss but i think he need to be in charge of the side and Ronaldinho and Deco already doing that. If he go there that will take some of his limelight and Ronaldinho's

he will not shine  ??? Henry and Eto upfront. I beg to differ  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »
If Henry and Eto play for Barca. It might just be the next best Partnership the World seen since Cole and Yorke days at Man Utd

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »
i real doh want he an barca

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 05:34:29 PM »

i doh war he leave us neither
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 05:41:36 PM »
i like both teams but it go hurt me for him to leave arsenal now especially since we about to move to the new stadium and all.   at the end of the day he will do what's best for him i guess.   i will check the bbc message board to see what the folks there saying.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »

doh geh me wrong eh henry is a rel good player buh de only way he cud cum onto our side is by benching messi
and at this stage in his career it is a massive bonus for him to be playing regularly at the top level and should henry come i belive he will drastically affect the development of messi

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
If Henry and Eto play for Barca. It might just be the next best Partnership the World seen since Cole and Yorke days at Man Utd

Eto'o and Henry are too similiar type of players, that partnership might clash

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
2 quick skillfull men getting passes from dino and  deco my  word :o that should be outlawed no team would be able to stop us ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 06:46:01 PM »
Jed, Barca being such a big club need to spend some money & get rid of the sh^&t keeper Valdes!! The man is a liability; anyone see that error that caused the first goal against osasuna!!!??!

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 07:26:57 PM »
Me ain't studying oif he go or not......

100,000 pounds ..........AH WEEK

if they offered me dat hard luck EPL, liga here i come

daiz 1 million tt dollars ah week ( minus taxes) but daiz alot man...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:29:37 PM »
Me eh want henry dey nah. Seriously henry starts on the left and drifts in just like ronaldinho. Dey wouldnt be able to play together as well as most people think. Etoo holding it down up front, messi too and with larsson leaving that giving maxi lopez chance to realise he potential. It sounding good just like ronaldo on a real side.......buh when dey reach......realise that it wasnt what they thought.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 07:55:20 PM »
Eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho and Messi. That is as close to unstoppable as a team can get.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

doh geh me wrong eh henry is a rel good player buh de only way he cud cum onto our side is by benching messi
and at this stage in his career it is a massive bonus for him to be playing regularly at the top level and should henry come i belive he will drastically affect the development of messi

i am not a Barca fan but must admit that they are the premium team in world football at the moment with the world's best player junior and senior in their ranks. When you add to that the fact that Ronaldinho was voted the best player in the world for the second time and has already won a WC and that Messi has already won an under 21 WC and was voted best player in the tournament, scored the most goals and was voted best young player in the world in less than 1 year... well I have to give them their dues.
you dont have to worry about Messi's development in any team in the world. He can play on any team in the world !  You know what his buy out clause is my friend ....150 million pounds !!!!
henri is todays news Messi is today and tomorrows news ! henri may or may not strengthen Barca but he wont threaten Messi's position ...not by a long shot.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2006, 08:07:35 PM »
It have a ting called too much, yuh want we tuh get like Real??? come nah man. Henry and Ronaldinho go sound nice together buh dey go stifle each other dread. if yuh tell me yuh getting some new blood fuh de defense no scene. de midfield maybe. Buh come nah.....dat is TOO MUCH!!!!

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »
I think he would fill in well for Larsson (not in the heading department). Yuh could imagine him and Messi on a counter attack.....lawd ... dat deadly
But knowing Barca history.... they known for beefin up the price on a player that they know a rival want, example Denilson (beef the price up then pull out and nobody even realised Betis was interested till the big signing) some years back.... I wouldn't be suprised if that is the case....

I wish Real could get him though.... they wanted him some years back and instead wound up gettin ah overrated Anelka (one of the worst buys of their history)... They probably need a striker like him more than Barca does....

As for Torres.... he is a good striker for Arsenal and I hope for his sake he moves.... he is a strong, fast and deadly striker (Not to the quality of Henry) but dangerous still.... If he was at another club wit a better mid he would show up more..

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 04:44:55 AM »
barca should make sure that they double puyol´s  salary lest another makele situation develops in the Nou camp. It is all well amd good to bring in these big money players but your stalwarts are going to ask for more ...and why not !

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 02:41:59 PM »
barca should make sure that they double puyol´s  salary lest another makele situation develops in the Nou camp. It is all well amd good to bring in these big money players but your stalwarts are going to ask for more ...and why not !

Yeah ah agree with yuh straight up..we eh wuh ah nex Edgar Davids situation...rite now Puyol is de heart and soul ah Barcelona, so he deserve de best. If Puyol nuh in dah defense we in trouble cuz Olegeur and dem other fellaz dey eh ready yet..dey like some bake in de defense.. jus rite tuh eat. So Barca bettah make sure dey house in order before dey make any addition tuh de team.
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 07:03:20 PM »
Jed, Barca being such a big club need to spend some money & get rid of the sh^&t keeper Valdes!! The man is a liability; anyone see that error that caused the first goal against osasuna!!!??!

One errorand yuh ready to sell de man?  He was second choice to Casillas for a while last season, but Reina has displaed him now.  But yuh have to allow occassional mistakes from a goalkeeper, even the best of them.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 08:49:18 PM »

One errorand yuh ready to sell de man? He was second choice to Casillas for a while last season, but Reina has displaed him now. But yuh have to allow occassional mistakes from a goalkeeper, even the best of them.

ma boy, that's one error in a series of costly errors. I just gave one example. If you look at the goals scored even in Chelsea's win last year against Barca; he made judgment errors that cost them the game. Of course keepers are allowed to make errors; but consistently silly  mistakes show a norm, not an exception. Bottom line; he's NOT a world class keeper.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »
2+2 does not equal 4 in football. A wise dutch coach said that recently. Barca need to relax and stay with their winning combination. I remeber one side had a man called Figo and then buy a man called Beckham.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
Agrees that Anelka was overrated but that man had reall speeedd he coulda play ball to BUTT he has no discipline or he could of develpoed in real instead of having to go play for smaller clubs the man was wasreal fast no lie

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »
it ent go have enough footballs at Barca for all dem superstars ;D dat go be real pressure.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 06:57:38 PM »
I remeber one side had a man called Figo and then buy a man called Beckham.

Yuh eh see dem fellaz head no good rippin...how yuh go sell ah man like Luis????? Although he older an slower now obviously..he still very much effective and consistent.
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

1]; } ?>