April 25, 2024, 06:02:24 AM

Author Topic: Joe Public Thread.  (Read 146568 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public disgrace T&T colors with 4-0 exit in Champions League.
« Reply #660 on: October 29, 2008, 08:00:37 AM »
If we know T&T players we might understand JP's delima,look at how they play when something is at stake, when there is nothing at stake what we expect,what was JP playing for?it was just another game,i'm sure they were just going through the motion,how does a coach motivate players for a game like this,peeps say they waiting for when Jabloteh and WConection play in that league remember they were there in the past,i don't see what's disgraceful about their performance in the league,at least it has enhanced the Pro league and given it some sort of respect.     

Ent dey supposed to be professionals? Ent is dey wuk? Ent yuh supposed tuh want tuh win every game yuh play, or at least give yuh best? Ent dey want tuh rep de league and de country?

Ah know dey had to play a lot of games in a short period of time, but so do other clubs. All I asking for is effort, win , lose or draw. Since de heights of de victories over NE Revolution, de performances went steadily downhill, despite de victory over Atlante.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »
I eh know which display was worse, T&T's 3-0 loss to USA or JP's 4-0 loss to Olimpia. JP could be accused of willful negligence of their duties last night, it was that bad. Losing is one ting, but when no meaningful effort is made, the loss is hard to take. Men standing up, looking lethargic and disinterested, ball watching, not marking players, fouling indiscriminately, no leadership on de field,  making bad pass after bad pass with no pressure etc. The team was unrecognizable from the one that played against NE Revolution, earlier in de campaign. Ah waiting tuh see what kinda explanation, if any, dey go give fuh dat performance.

I trying tuh figure out if Olimpia beating JP 4:0 is worse dan JP losing 3:0 tuh Olimpia.

Come on Flex... whey's dah one?  ;D

Flex !!.... try again pardna... yuh mean Tallman..... doh take no man for me.... take yuh man for yuhself.... :rotfl:

Taking man? somebody leave ah deposit in yuh eye or what... read yuh headline den read de fuss line.

Olimpia concludes Champions League play with 4:0 victory over Joe Public.   

Honduras – Allan Kardeck Dos Santos scored two first-half goals and CD Olimpia concluded its CONCACAF Champions League run with a 3:0 victory over Joe Public FC on Tuesday.
...doh worry, de priest and dem really say it does make yuh go bline  :rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 29, 2008, 08:26:09 AM »
If we know T&T players we might understand JP's delima,look at how they play when something is at stake, when there is nothing at stake what we expect,what was JP playing for?it was just another game,i'm sure they were just going through the motion,how does a coach motivate players for a game like this,peeps say they waiting for when Jabloteh and WConection play in that league remember they were there in the past,i don't see what's disgraceful about their performance in the league,at least it has enhanced the Pro league and given it some sort of respect.     

Ent dey supposed to be professionals? Ent is dey wuk? Ent yuh supposed tuh want tuh win every game yuh play, or at least give yuh best? Ent dey want tuh rep de league and de country?

Ah know dey had to play a lot of games in a short period of time, but so do other clubs. All I asking for is effort, win , lose or draw. Since de heights of de victories over NE Revolution, de performances went steadily downhill, despite de victory over Atlante.
      I'm with you on everything you said here and i like the word you use "supposed",it's something i've always said about our teams/players (not the over seas ones) although they play at a professional level they don't have a professional approach to the game or mentality,it's all about the little money they get,yes they all want to rep the league and country but what it takes to do that they are not willing too. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #663 on: October 29, 2008, 08:37:26 AM »

Again, even when something was ah stake they didn't play good, fyi, Olimpia didn't have nothing to play for either, if you count our pride that is !!! JP represented T&T !!!!!

They are also 6th in the pro league.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #664 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:08 AM »
I eh know which display was worse, T&T's 3-0 loss to USA or JP's 4-0 loss to Olimpia. JP could be accused of willful negligence of their duties last night, it was that bad. Losing is one ting, but when no meaningful effort is made, the loss is hard to take. Men standing up, looking lethargic and disinterested, ball watching, not marking players, fouling indiscriminately, no leadership on de field,  making bad pass after bad pass with no pressure etc. The team was unrecognizable from the one that played against NE Revolution, earlier in de campaign. Ah waiting tuh see what kinda explanation, if any, dey go give fuh dat performance.

I trying tuh figure out if Olimpia beating JP 4:0 is worse dan JP losing 3:0 tuh Olimpia.

Flex !!.... try again pardna... yuh mean Tallman..... doh take no man for me.... take yuh man for yuhself.... :rotfl:

Taking man? somebody leave ah deposit in yuh eye or what... read yuh headline den read de fuss line.

Honduras – Allan Kardeck Dos Santos scored two first-half goals and CD Olimpia concluded its CONCACAF Champions League run with a 3:0 victory over Joe Public FC on Tuesday.

Ok cool, but you quoted Tallman post, not mine remember that..
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #665 on: October 29, 2008, 08:43:53 AM »
And men on this forum calling for seon power on the national team.  He is not ready and will never be ready for int'l football, don't let the perception of effort fool you, he lacks the skills to play at a high level and more importantly that fellah have no common sense.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 29, 2008, 08:51:20 AM »

Boy A A... this man quote an next man thing and talking shit behind it.... like ah man cum in your eye instead.

And Coops, T&T on a whole plays with no heart and we shouldn't have to play good only when it means something. That attitude will not get you no where, Olimpia played with heart and pride and the game meant nothing to them too...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 29, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »

Again, even when something was ah stake they didn't play good, fyi, Olimpia didn't have nothing to play for either, if you count our pride that is !!! JP represented T&T !!!!!

It's exactly what i'm saying,look at how they play when something at stake what do we expect when nothing at stake,i'm with you all on this.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 29, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »

It's exactly what i'm saying,look at how they play when something at stake what do we expect when nothing at stake,i'm with you all on this.

How they did play when something was at stake Coop ? because if I remember well, after the New England games, they didn't do anthing and it had alot at stake !! please tell us ?

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #669 on: October 29, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »
It is not even about playing for pride. Eyes watching when you playing out there, despite that fact that the game was "meaningless" you still playing for a contract and as such you put out the best effort you can. That effort last night clearly shows that these guys content with the level of football that they playing. That is too bad.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 29, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
Allyuh remember the amount of talk that start up after JP beat the Revs ?
Remember men talking about the coach should replace Maturana ?
Remember the talk about what percentage of player is Trini, Jamaican, Guyanese etc. ?
Remember when some men reasoned that the victory against Revs should be taken in stride, since their regular full team did not play ?
Remember men saying a win is a win and it doh matter how it come ?
Remember the talk that JP performance was reflective of the improving strides in the PFL ?

Allyuh remember ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 29, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »

I'm with you on everything you said here and i like the word you use "supposed",it's something i've always said about our teams/players (not the over seas ones) although they play at a professional level they don't have a professional approach to the game or mentality,it's all about the little money they get,yes they all want to rep the league and country but what it takes to do that they are not willing too. 

Have to agree with Tallman. Ah hear what Coop's saying, but still!!! The approach in the PFL may not be truely professional but you shouldn't have to figure out a way to motivate players on how to avoid collecting ah cutarse, just because there isn't much to play for. As supporters we should not except substandard performance or make excuses for it ,as then, we are as much to blame as the players on the field. Its not so much the loss or even size of the defeat, but rather what took place during the game that is most disappointing. I've seen a number T&T sides who were before the 'Pro era' get outclassed and on occasion collecting serious licks, multitudes of reasons were given for these defeats; individual mistakes, poor organisation, lack of preparation etc but generally the effort from the players was clear. Having seen a bit of the public performance....there was a clear lack of effort and that is inexcusable, especially in this flagship tournament.

We know JP had the talent to be competitve as if they were as substandard as some of their beatings suggest they would never have got this far in the first place, regardless of circumstances. If they knew nobody would see the game nor would any scouts attend, then it would'nt have mattered much how they played. The fact that this game was televised and therefore accessible to those interested in watching.....including from T&T makes this performance even worse. It demonstrates ah scandalous, even suicidal level of disinterest, an cannot reflect well on any of these fellas furthering their careers in any significant way.  

Imagine if this was ah English or Italian side. People here already now how Fans in the UK view players who they believe do not make an effort for their club....and they doh forgive so easy. If JP was Italian they would proably get lynch when they touchdown at Piarco or worse collect some clout at the next training session from ah mob of irate fans.

DISAPPOINTING  >:(

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 29, 2008, 09:46:45 AM »
Allyuh remember the amount of talk that start up after JP beat the Revs ?
Remember men talking about the coach should replace Maturana ?
Remember the talk about what percentage of player is Trini, Jamaican, Guyanese etc. ?
Remember when some men reasoned that the victory against Revs should be taken in stride, since their regular full team did not play ?
Remember men saying a win is a win and it doh matter how it come ?
Remember the talk that JP performance was reflective of the improving strides in the PFL ?

Allyuh remember ???
Could there have been a deal with the Boss of Joe Public :devil:
it is something, how bad they played in truth
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 29, 2008, 09:48:11 AM »
JP played garbage doesn't matter if the game didn't mean anything. They paid money to go there and should have made the best off the experience because it can only benefit them in the future.

Jack Warner with all the money he have should have had a better team.

Sean Power is a BIG liability. We cant be training him to be the next Cyd Gray.

Silas Spann is "wow" in defence.

Mitchell and Thomas was missed.

What ever scouts were watching probably shook their heads.

If New England only knew how poor JP defence was they probably would have been sent hom long time ago.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 29, 2008, 09:50:10 AM »
I cant understand how Sean Power could be called up for T&T side. This man is awful. Not even Cyd Gray was this bad when he first came on the scene.

Silas Spann is terrible, his passing is zero, good ideas but definitely his passing is sub par. Same with his elder brother Silvio. Both cant be defensive wing back players.

Imagine professional players still making foul throws (Spann & Power).... steups....

Pssssstt Flex how yuh could say such a ting bout Palos players  ;D  :rotfl:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 29, 2008, 09:55:20 AM »
Joe Public "disgrace T&T colors" with 4-0 exit in Champions League.

I dont think them represent me at all in the first place

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 29, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
I cant understand how Sean Power could be called up for T&T side. This man is awful. Not even Cyd Gray was this bad when he first came on the scene.

Silas Spann is terrible, his passing is zero, good ideas but definitely his passing is sub par. Same with his elder brother Silvio. Both cant be defensive wing back players.

Imagine professional players still making foul throws (Spann & Power).... steups....

Pssssstt Flex how yuh could say such a ting bout Palos players  ;D  :rotfl:

How Spann come "MY PLAYER" dread?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:30 AM »
Palos, no offence, but Sean Power is not good at all. De man have energy but nothing more. NOTHING !!!!

Silas and Wolfe really dissappoint me to.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 29, 2008, 10:08:40 AM »
Sorry, Palos...

I mean your player (singular) POWER.  ;D

Me ent know what game you see him in to say he good. But I write he off since last digicel, he and Dwayne Jack.

But the brother have to eat a food so I hope he improves at his craft.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 29, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
And allyuh was de same men was givin me tone when ah say Carlos was disappointin wit Sunderland in de EPL and allyuh bawl how he now comin back after a broken leg and yuh have to give him time etc.

Different strokes eh.... 8)

I standin by meh player doh and backin he to RAM allyuh words dong allyuh troat. 

And when time come fuh allyuh to eat allyuh crow....I eh lettin allyuh put on no seasonin yuh know.  No sah....no curry crow or stew crow or jerk crow or nutting so.

Is pure SUSHI STYLE!  RAW CROW in allyuh Sc**t!  And NO CHASER NEEDAH!  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 29, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
And allyuh was de same men was givin me tone when ah say Carlos was disappointin wit Sunderland in de EPL and allyuh bawl how he now comin back after a broken leg and yuh have to give him time etc.

Different strokes eh.... 8)

I standin by meh player doh and backin he to RAM allyuh words dong allyuh troat. 

And when time come fuh allyuh to eat allyuh crow....I eh lettin allyuh put on no seasonin yuh know.  No sah....no curry crow or stew crow or jerk crow or nutting so.

Is pure SUSHI STYLE!  RAW CROW in allyuh Sc**t!  And NO CHASER NEEDAH!  ;D

I think Sean Power will be a good player if he play on de T&T women team, he might make captain an all.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »

And who is you ? T&T colors ? JP disgrace T&T, I agree !!

They conceed 15 goals and win NONE or even get a tie at home.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 29, 2008, 10:46:10 AM »

Just think :thinking:
If they had gone 'All...............the...................way" and won the Champions League I certainly would tell my El Salvadorian pardna at work all about it ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 29, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
I didn't see de match and I respeck de opinions of de people who did.

All I go say is dat in Joe Public defence, dey squad appears to be quite THIN.  They have a 1st XI but daz about it. 

Add to that the fact that between de CONCACAF Champions League matches, PFL League Fixtures, FCB Knockout Cup games, etc....they had a lot of games in a relatively short time frame.  That would take a toll on any squad (see New England Revolution for example), far less one where de squad so thin as Joe Public's appeared.

Finally, they lost their Head Coach after the first game in Montreal and never seemed to be the same team despite winning at Atlante.

When yuh add up all these factors, last night's game didn't provide them with much motivation other than pride. I would venture was a bunch of mostly tired players that played yesterday. 

That said, that does not excuse a lack of effort.  This is the main complaint I seein on this thread but a lot of factors could have contributed to that collective "performance" last night.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 29, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
That said, that does not excuse a lack of effort.  This is the main complaint I seein on this thread but a lot of factors could have contributed to that collective "performance" last night.

When you boil it down there was really only one factor...the return of Seon Power

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 29, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
i just want to know how come JP didnt play like how they play against de revs. i can guarantee that if they did play that way, they couldve been on top of de group all now. i admit i was one who said JP was taking de group....i was wrong waaaaaay wrong.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 29, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
Palos,

I ent know you is the latest Foster parent to adopt a player.  :devil:....but it's good yuh keeping the numbers down in the orphanage.

Yuh also have some good company...Ti, Berris, Kiffysmooth and Trini/Bajan Scout.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 29, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »

How they did play when something was at stake Coop ? because if I remember well, after the New England games, they didn't do anthing and it had alot at stake !! please tell us ?
       Sam if you look at any of our teams play they are very inconsistent and that's due to their mentality,so even though they did win a couple games i could have seen or knew they were not getting very far,all it does take for any team to beat our teams is guts,determination and the will to win,you are right against New England they did not do anything is just that New England did not do anything either. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41:22 PM »
Palos,

I ent know you is the latest Foster parent to adopt a player.  :devil:....but it's good yuh keeping the numbers down in the orphanage.

Yuh also have some good company...Ti, Berris, Kiffysmooth and Trini/Bajan Scout.

How u conveniently leffin out yuhself and Evans Wise hoss?

LEMMEH REFRESH YUH MEMORY  ;D

Wha....yuh trow him way or yuh have a form a selective amnesia?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:43:04 PM by palos »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 29, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
No Palos,

I simply made mention of him in a match report...you on the other hand sign adoption papers.

But the difference between Wise and Power...is one have skill...the other doh have a clue.

:beermug: :beermug:

1]; } ?>