May 01, 2024, 06:18:42 PM

Author Topic: Joe Public Thread.  (Read 147427 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public vs. NE Revolution (Return Leg).
« Reply #390 on: September 02, 2008, 08:24:31 PM »
JP taking de group

Hope yuh right TM, Atlante should be the sternest competition in this gp

watch out for Honduras glory team Olimpia.  Doh sleep on them atall

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 02, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
JP taking de group

Hope yuh right TM, Atlante should be the sternest competition in this gp

watch out for Honduras glory team Olimpia.  Doh sleep on them atall

True talk Uprising
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 02, 2008, 08:30:10 PM »
That is ah hard group .

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Asking all TT Pro League fans
« Reply #393 on: September 02, 2008, 08:31:46 PM »
Asking all TT Pro League fans:  How does Richardson rank amoung the other strikers in the TT Pro League? (Before his showing in the Concacaf competition)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 02, 2008, 08:32:35 PM »
A good win 4 JP is not= 2 d Pro League bein a good league.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 02, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
Great. So a team with 5 or 6 starting foreigners mash up New England...and men getting...

Oh geez...why i even bothering dread

Midknight, most times you hit the mark, but you missed the point entirely tonight.

A victory, and such a resounding victory at that, is good for the PFL.  And what is good for the PFL is in extension good for the development of Trinidad and Tobago football.  The PFL gained a lot of respect in Boston tonight; our young players gained some much needed exposure; and the reputation of the PFL was bolstered.

Regardless of the nationalities of the players on the field for Joe Public, the fact remains that the vast majority of players in the PFL are Trinidadian.  As such, any gains by the league will have a large effect on our football (via our players) due to the sheer number of them in the league.

Give Jack he jacket in this instance.

Youth (not using it in a disrespectful way btw). I doh disagree with anything you just said there. My main point of contention was the extrapolation of this achievement to the rubbishing of Wim's claims or the vindication of Maturana's (non)selection policy.

Also, the trickle down effect (in general)  is largely overestimated. Most models of human behaviour and interaction (economics, sporting achievements, politics etc) seems to prove that those at the top with bigger pockets simply enlarge them and collect more bread when any growth or progress is made.

But I know when i outnumbered, and mih eyes hurting me, so i will take mih pessimistic self and leave everybody to bask in this glorious victory (no sarcasm intended), and dream of the day when the T&T pro league AS A WHOLE can aim to become a power in CONCACAF (again  no sarcasm )
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 02, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
yes i know that group is a little stiff but look how JP have been playing, not just at home but away as well. JP have the potential to go very far.

but just one thing.......pleeease start jamal gay in front of nelson.....geez an ages
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 02, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »
the New England Supporters having a Fit  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

it real funny to the end, man stop watching the game and shit  :D
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763632

Post match talk

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763762

:devil: :devil: :devil:

"I bet Kraft didn't even send spies to film Joe Public's warm ups etc. before this match." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i.e. He is also the owner of the New England Patriots who cheats by filming other teams

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 02, 2008, 08:37:27 PM »
i want ah link to this game please

enjoy,
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=17888&part=sports

make sure u have tvu player.
http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/8e465ddbf7_4.35MB

doh update it if it ask. the new version have some bugs

ah almost forget...big thanks again for the link

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:17 PM »
the New England Supporters having a Fit  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

it real funny to the end, man stop watching the game and shit  :D
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763632

Post match talk

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763762

:devil: :devil: :devil:

"I bet Kraft didn't even send spies to film Joe Public's warm ups etc. before this match." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i.e. He is also the owner of the New England Patriots who cheats by filming other teams

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i want ah link to this game please

enjoy,
http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=17888&part=sports

make sure u have tvu player.
http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/8e465ddbf7_4.35MB

doh update it if it ask. the new version have some bugs

ah almost forget...big thanks again for the link

no problem boss :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2008, 08:42:02 PM »
Surprise,surprise de news on all dem US soccer sites and not a damn thing on the TTPro league site.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
Interesting quote from the Big Soccer site

"I don't think we underestimated them, but I think they were better than we anticipated."
- Chris Albright, on Joe Public
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

Why do people need counselling?

It was a thorough victory (6-1 agg). What is wrong with enjoying that?

Secondly, after all the talk about who is or isn't on the national team, they still went and mash-up Cuba away. Still nobody wants to give credit. We will see some more against Guatemala and the US, but so far they have done well except for Bermuda.

Why do people not want to give the local players some credit? It is inherently difficult to get contracts abroad, especially being from a country that is not a powerhouse. Games like this actually make a big impact and help players get contracts. Ask Cornell Glenn.

All that's fine and good but JP isn't comprised of strictly local players... in fact the two players with arguably the greatest impact on the game are Trini and Brazilian.  How then can this even possibly be used as any guage on the talents of the local players?  I'm all for giving local players credit... but giving local players credit for THIS win (and last week's) is simply off mark.

dat was a good game. richardson get on bad. dis game jus solidify d fact even more, that MLS shitty an d pro league improvin.

bless!

Let's not get carried away now... even in MLS right now NE is struggling.  Fatigue and injuries are taking their toll regardless of who want to look at that as 'excuses' or not.  JP was the better team in both legs... but it's silly to try and use this series as a bellwether on the comparative strengths of both leagues.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2008, 08:45:26 PM »
yes i know that group is a little stiff but look how JP have been playing, not just at home but away as well. JP have the potential to go very far.

but just one thing.......pleeease start jamal gay in front of nelson.....geez an ages

Yes boi same ting ah sayin....

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 02, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
Ah vex JP ent put 9 on them fuh payback.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

giggsy11

« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »
Interesting quote from the Big Soccer site

"I don't think we underestimated them, but I think they were better than we anticipated."
- Chris Albright, on Joe Public

Who dem tink dey is Derby County? Have the gall tuh talkin bout dey underestimatin. Dise why dey decide tuh start playin stink after dey geh tired of eatin skills?

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »
Just reach back from the game... Congrats to JP they played well. As I live in New England I usually support the revs and have been to a few games.. This is Not the same Revs team I accustomed seeing...They were second best throughout, but many of their regular starters did not play, that being said, I think they thought that with those players missing it would have been a formality for them, but JP proved them wrong... Good Win, but I would not get carried away.. Twellman was seated a few rows behind me, and left the game at half time.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »
as we speak another MLS team is biting the dust  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »

Why do people need counselling?

It was a thorough victory (6-1 agg). What is wrong with enjoying that?

Secondly, after all the talk about who is or isn't on the national team, they still went and mash-up Cuba away. Still nobody wants to give credit. We will see some more against Guatemala and the US, but so far they have done well except for Bermuda.

Why do people not want to give the local players some credit? It is inherently difficult to get contracts abroad, especially being from a country that is not a powerhouse. Games like this actually make a big impact and help players get contracts. Ask Cornell Glenn.

All that's fine and good but JP isn't comprised of strictly local players... in fact the two players with arguably the greatest impact on the game are Trini and Brazilian.  How then can this even possibly be used as any guage on the talents of the local players?  I'm all for giving local players credit... but giving local players credit for THIS win (and last week's) is simply off mark.

dat was a good game. richardson get on bad. dis game jus solidify d fact even more, that MLS shitty an d pro league improvin.

bless!

Let's not get carried away now... even in MLS right now NE is struggling.  Fatigue and injuries are taking their toll regardless of who want to look at that as 'excuses' or not.  JP was the better team in both legs... but it's silly to try and use this series as a bellwether on the comparative strengths of both leagues.
Are you serious? Trinidad and Tobago, the PFL and the players should in no way be modest about this victory. Joe Public is a Trinidadian team although it comprises of different nationalities. When Manchester and Chelsea reach Champions League Finals(stars(drogba and ronaldo) on both teams are NOT English) people talk about the strength of the EPL so why the hell people cant talk about the improving PFL. The core of the Joe Public team is Trinidadian. The service to Richardson was Trinidadian. All that aside Richardson is a boss player and the Guyanese should be dam proud...the man is a boss. Bake n Shark is one of the people I see does constantly be posting articles about US progresses in the game. Nothing wrong with that, USA has been improving and deserve respect in the Football world. However, he does never acknowledge that T&T have decent local players that could stand toe to toe with Americans given the right training and so on. Up to this day USA has never produced a World Class player. They have a very solid team of Good players but nobody is World Class. T&T do that in Latapy and Yorke.
MLS is much better funded and supported than the PFL. We talking about men in MLS making millions and hundreds of thousands of dollars to play football and cant even beat a team that 5th or 6th in their league with players making a small money for the year. and the aggregate score was not even close 6-1 and the one goal come from a penalty. Regardless of injuries and fatigue 6-1 !!! New England on the top of the east coast also....I mean come on...the PFL is improving and if it had proper funding, support and incentives for players...who knows....just imagine W Connection beat Chivas9who at the time was in the top 20 teams(i think) in the World) albeit they lose the return(Mexico is very hard to play in)...and just imagine men still on this site crying down the local players and league.....PFL beating people...T&T will beat people...Respect them

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »
as we speak another MLS team is biting the dust  :devil:

Yea that Panama team up in aggragate

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »
Ponnox,
              Like I said in the previous thread. it is good to see the Trini teams win, but let's not get carried away. my biggest peeve with the PFL is the lack of support from fans and the business community.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
Ponnox,
              Like I said in the previous thread. it is good to see the Trini teams win, but let's not get carried away. my biggest peeve with the PFL is the lack of support from fans and the business community.
what he get carried away with ,he eint say that the pro league is better .

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »
 Deeks, I doesnt mind a man point out short comings but men does dismiss anything local completely and that is wrong. That is what I dont like. The Local game could improve fellas and I personally think it is. I know is not the best league but as a Trinibagonian supporter I HAVE an obligation to support it and look for the positives in our football and in our leagues. Fighting it down alone will reap no rewards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:05 PM »
All that blood that rushing tuh yuh head clouding yuh rational processes...

Are you serious? Trinidad and Tobago, the PFL and the players should in no way be modest about this victory.

I never said that anybody should be 'modest'.  After yuh sip some water and calm down go back and read what I wrote again and you'll see I said two things:

1. The strong influence of the non-Trinis on that team (in this series) means that you cannot realistically use this as a gauge of the talents of the local Trini players.  It has nothing to do with giving/not giving credit... the discussion was in reference to Wim's assessment of the local players and how this may or may not impact that assessment.

2. My comment to Warrior Queen relates to the fact that Joe Public beat a team that is struggling right now.  It doesn't qualify Joe Public's victory in anyway, but just because one PFL team beats one MLS team... that by no means is safe for us to start comparing the leagues.

It's really not that hard.

Joe Public is a Trinidadian team although it comprises of different nationalities. When Manchester and Chelsea reach Champions League Finals(stars(drogba and ronaldo) on both teams are NOT English) people talk about the strength of the EPL so why the hell people cant talk about the improving PFL.

People shouldn't talk at all, not until they learn to read.  If the LA Galaxy beats Man U. does that mean that the MLS is better than or on par with the EPL?

THAT is the issue being discussed... not this nonsense strawman talk about "improving PFL".  Nobody said that the PFL isn't getting better.

The core of the Joe Public team is Trinidadian. The service to Richardson was Trinidadian. All that aside Richardson is a boss player and the Guyanese should be dam proud...the man is a boss. Bake n Shark is one of the people I see does constantly be posting articles about US progresses in the game.

You sure yuh see dat?  Because I just talk tuh Bakes and he say that he has NEVER posted any article about "US progresses in the game".

Nothing wrong with that, USA has been improving and deserve respect in the Football world. However, he does never acknowledge that T&T have decent local players that could stand toe to toe with Americans given the right training and so on.

got proof?

Up to this day USA has never produced a World Class player. They have a very solid team of Good players but nobody is World Class. T&T do that in Latapy and Yorke.
MLS is much better funded and supported than the PFL. We talking about men in MLS making millions and hundreds of thousands of dollars to play football and cant even beat a team that 5th or 6th in their league with players making a small money for the year. and the aggregate score was not even close 6-1 and the one goal come from a penalty. Regardless of injuries and fatigue 6-1 !!! New England on the top of the east coast also....I mean come on...

Several things...

I don't know what your "world class" player talk have to do with the discussion.  Nobody but you is comparing local players to American ones.  Not like the PFL has produced world class players... if that's where yuh was going.

Secondly NE is actually second, not atop the East.  Not that it matters much because they've been poor of late.  Recent form not overall record is the truest gauge of the team.  But as I said this isn't to qualify the accomplishment of Joe Public itself.  It's a tremendous performance.

the PFL is improving and if it had proper funding, support and incentives for players...who knows....just imagine W Connection beat Chivas9who at the time was in the top 20 teams(i think) in the World) albeit they lose the return(Mexico is very hard to play in)...and just imagine men still on this site crying down the local players and league.....PFL beating people...T&T will beat people...Respect them

When yuh have a rational and lucid moment... please direct me to the posts in this thread where people were crying down the PFL and the local players.  I wouldn't bother asking you to post links to anything I said, because I know they don't exist... but anything showing where others were 'crying down' players and league should suffice.

My guess is that after you realize that you made an ass of yourself in your overreaction you'll quicker try and pretend none of this ever happened, than to actually respond to the requests I made here.  Hopefully you'll try and prove me wrong... should be entertaining.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
Ponnox,
            read my other thread. I ain't knocking you. I understand how you feel. I use to play at home. I know we have good ball players. They just not getting the incentives to enable them to give their full potential. Look at the amount of money splashing around in the EPL. 30 million for one man. If we can only get 10 million(wishfull thinking) and spread it among the teams in the league, things will improve.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 02, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »
 I made an ass out of myself for expressing my opinion? Daz why I dont be on this site again. Up to now I didnt try to insult your character...whatever yes 6-1 is the score...that is good licks... :rotfl: ...You are not right in MY opinion I am not right in yours. Simple as that. No reason to try to be a fool hoss. It doesnt matter that the team is struggling...Thats an excuse. We could make the excuse that PFL teams doesnt have the best facilities to train a team that could compete against bigger teams like NE and so on. A million dollar organisation make the decision to hire a coach that would make the best possible decisions, choose the best team and use the right tactics...all to get the best results....Therefore the NE coach knows what he had available to him if his starters are out..Thats his decision to keep good replacements in his team...So citing injuries as an excuse is crap in my book. Now as I said before a Million dollar organisation(who obviously know a thing or two about decison making because to be able to fund a team)  appoint this man...The man who own it all...NE also own the Patriots(probably the best NFL team in the last 5-10 years)...Therefore he should know about choosing the right man for the job/ right ?
Also ...the same foreigners(on JP) playing in a league(PFL) where more 'local' teams on top of them(Jab, W, Pet)...Therefore they competing with the locals every week. Competition is not a way to gauge anything? I would think it is. So you cant make the argument that a PFL team(with a foreign influence) competing against Trini players( and being gauged every week against them!!! and 5th in that league) beating MLS team 6-1 is not a good way to measure the strength and talent of locals.
 and your last point...When it had a all English finals ...all the press was doing it...who the f are you to say I shouldnt do it? steupssss      

and you know what...sorry if I was mistaken about you posting US progresses...If I am wrong I retract my statement. No need to get on like an ass because someone dont agree with you. You seem educated but dont act like a pompous fool. I try to educate myself too(against alot of odds also)...ok.. Bless :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:56:13 PM by Ponnoxx »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
anybody have highlights of all the goals?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 02, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »
 :party: :party:
Joe Public win, Montreal Win....I celebrating to rass, and it doh have no Trini on Montreal team, just 2 Antiguan and ah Honduran, an maybe 2 american, ah allyuh dem montrealer now, an ah celebrating still..buh guess who ah backing to win...One outta ah dey both ah dem , Oui..Actually Joe Public should win, ah fine dat Team jus lucky, and John (dey coach) to intense...anyhow, who doh wha get carried away dat is they business, I happy like pappy, ah think 1st Game is here Sep'17...Mose, Fridge don call the after lime by he, I callin sick the 18 th from tomorrow self...for the men who ent gettin carried away an not celebratin to much, ah go fire every 1 for allyuh  :beermug:....1 drink each .....Los, shhh, ah strike it out   ;)

edit:more strikeouts  ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:25:20 PM by maxg »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
thanks for the highlights

1]; } ?>