March 28, 2024, 03:36:23 AM

Author Topic: Joe Public Thread.  (Read 145601 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Thread for the Joe Public vs Atlante FC Game (02-Oct-08).
« Reply #600 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:41 PM »
Well any team could qualify for the second round. I think they are all shitty. JP could just as easilly win their next three games.

JP got undone by cold weather in Montreal. Fatigue got the better of them last week.

They  looked ordinary tonight. However, they defended hard, their Keeper did not let them down.

I think this is the first time a TT team has won in Mexico.

Well done fellas.

Two questions: How many teams from this group go through.

Also what was the attendance for this and the Montreal game. I think JP gets around 10 percent of the gate.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Well done JOE PIBLIC!!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

We needed that win. It was not best game in the world and JP looked scrappy at times but a win is a win.

We need to improve though the defense looked really good tonight!!!

Montreal next.

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 02, 2008, 10:40:32 PM »
Ugly win but hey a win nonetheless. Congrats Joe Public. Seems like there was a change of coach for Joe Public already.

I cannot understand why Jackie Chan received the second yellow. It may have been for interfering with play (unlikely because he was so far away from the ball) or verbal abuse but to the best of my knowledge he doesn't speak spanish so it may have been in English or maybe the Ref wanted to keep the game in check and forgot that he was already on a yellow. Anyway that was a bad way to end the game. It soured the win for me. He could have caused a lot of problems for Olimpia in their next match because Olimpia is a bit weakened too as they had two players sent off too and will miss the next match against Joe Public.

But lets hope Joe Public bring in back that young tall striker from the first game Gay to help up front and hope for the best in the next couple of matches.

Respect.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »
Congrats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 03, 2008, 05:16:52 AM »
what was the final score?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 03, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »
JP football game is too direct, lacked creativity ,possession and we got lucky...whereas Atlante's team held possession well, good creativity,speed..buh just could not finish in the 18 yard box..typical of mexican football.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 03, 2008, 06:56:30 AM »
Saunders is ah boss...well done JP
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 03, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
Man we really something else.

Joe Public pull off one of the biggest upsets in a long time and this thread dead already.

When was the last time a T&T team beat a Mexican team in Mexico?

Big up to Joe Public, keep the fire burning!!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Joe Public v Montreal Impact Thread (08-Oct-2008).
« Reply #609 on: October 07, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
8:00pm, 08:10:08, Joe Public v Montreal Impact, Hasely Crawford Stadium

8pm on FSC (Live, 08-Oct-2008) and 3pm FSC (Replay, 09-Oct-2008).

Montreal Impact 7
Atlante FC 4
CD Olimpic 3
Joe Public FC 3
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:36:02 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Public v Montreal Impact Thread (08-Oct-2008).
« Reply #610 on: October 07, 2008, 10:41:11 AM »
So will you rate Joe Public the best T&T club ever seeing that they broke two records by beating the best clubs in CONCACAF (USA, Mexico). And in their own home too.

I know Defence Force won the CONCACAF cup before, but Joe Public eliminated a USA team and also became the first club from our region to win in Mexico.

They still have 9 points to play for, can they do it ? I know that their defence soft, but you never know.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 07, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »
So will you rate Joe Public the best T&T club ever seeing that they broke two records by beating the best clubs in CONCACAF (USA, Mexico). And in their own home too.

No. All it means is dat dis is de best performance by a T&T club in dis competition since 1991. However you choose to define "best", at least one of de criteria should be dominance of de local league, which dey have not done.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 07, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »

I know Defence Force won the CONCACAF cup before, but Joe Public eliminated a USA team and also became the first club from our region to win in Mexico.

They still have 9 points to play for, can they do it ? I know that their defence soft, but you never know.

JP may have acheived some of the best results in local club hostory, but it's hard to call them the best ever based on that, especially when you have a few teams in the PFL that beating them in local play.

Do or die tomorrow. Go JP!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
I will not down play JP victories against foreign teams. They have played very well when they win and absolutely atrocious when they lose. That being said, the TT national team should look at JP games for some ideas.

I also must point out again that JP victory in Mexico was monumentous occasion for TT club football. That victory was at Cancun(sea level). Next step a victory in Mex. City, Toluca or Guadalajara.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 07, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
Though they deserve props, you cannot compare JP to Defence force's efforts (and police) in the 80's. I don't think Concacaf club ball is anymore competitive just because MLS sides now take part. Mexican teams and MLS sides have always treated regional games that weren't between each other as second rate - until they get licks in a first leg game. What you can say is since those days in the 80's this is the first time a T&T side haven't been found out over two legs. It has always been the same situation....T&T side performs well in first leg against understrength, underprepared or poorly motivated Mexican/US team, the Mexican/US side takes the reality check then rights the wrongs in the second leg. Out goes T&T side.

IMO, Defence force and too a lesser extent Police were the only consistent T&T sides (over two legs) in the history of T&T's participation in regional club competition. Lets face it, the Revs (though understrength) was still giving big talk after losing 1-2 in T&T because history generally showed T&T sides doh travel well at all (overconfidence!), they didn't heed the reality check, thought JP would still be ah walkover and paid the price. In the group Stage JP lost their first two games. I didn't think they were competitive at all in those games from the video I've seen, I thought their opponents had prepared well and took the opposition as a serious threat. JP after two losses then play ah overconfident Mexican side who viewed JP as NE had....end result, same as NE.

Public are not the best T&T club side. As Tallman point out JP not dominating the National league, have they got any history of success in Regional competition? I'll give them full props if they make the semi's as excuses about being underestimated would be groundless by then.  What we should really congratulate JP for is they have shown Mexican and MLS sides that T&T club ball should be taken seriously and the PFL that it is on the right track.....at least for now.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 07, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »
JP winning this game easy .. doh worry bout there lost there I cya see dem beating JP at home..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 07, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »
What is the score?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Impact faces Joe Public FC in Trinidad and Tobago
« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »
Impact faces Joe Public FC in Trinidad and Tobago
oursportscentral.com

The Montreal Impact (2-0-1; 7 points) plays Wednesday its fourth game in the CONCACAF Champions League group stage against Joe Public FC (1-2-0; 3 points) at Hasely Crawford Stadium, in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (8 pm: Fox Soccer Channel, bold TV, Radio-Canada.ca/sports, CBCSports.ca; midnight: CBC).

Even if the team was eliminated from the USL First Division after a 2-0 loss, Sunday in Vancouver, the Impact's season is not over.

"Yes we lost in the playoffs but we still have the chance to play in a very important competition," said Impact head coach John Limniatis. "It will be a tough game so we have to get back our concentration fast and be ready for that game if we want to continue progressing."

"We have to move on and forget the last game," explained midfielder Félix Brillant. "The win is crucial tomorrow. Offensively they are strong but because they leave spaces behind I hope that we will be able to take advantage of their defensive weaknesses."

With a win Wednesday, and a win from Atlante FC against CD Olimpia, who are also playing on tomorrow, the Impact would qualify for the quarterfinal round in the CONCACAF Champions League.

"When you advance in a competition, the next game is always the most significant," added Limniatis. "Tomorrow's game is the most important game of the season. We have the chance to qualify but we don't know which team will show up because their last results were very different."

In its last game in the CONCACAF Champions League, October 1, the Impact defeated CD Olimpia by a 2-1 score at National Stadium, in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.

"I think that the team can repeat tomorrow what it did against CD Olimpia," mentioned Sandro Grande. "It's a team that moves the ball well. We will have to continue playing well defensively and maintain possession of the ball. The key will be to score early in the game."

In the first game between both teams, on September 17 at Saputo Stadium, the Impact had won 2-0. Defender Stefano Pesoli and midfielder Tony Donatelli had scored the two goals.

In five games in the CONCACAF Champions League, including the two preliminary round games against Real Esteli FC, the Impact has allowed only one goal. Montreal also tied Mexican club Atlante FC 0-0, September 24, at Saputo Stadium.

The 22 players who traveled to Vancouver also made the trip to Trinidad-and-Tobago, except for Adam Braz, who returned to Montreal for personal reasons.

Midfielder Leonardo Di Lorenzo, who missed the last two games due to a light concussion, should be back in the line-up.

On the Joe Public FC side, forward Gregory Richardson, who leads the team in goals since the beginning of the tournament, will miss the game due to a one-game suspension for a red card he received in the last game against Atlante FC, won 1-0, October 2.

The Impact will then play its last two games of the tournament, Tuesday October 21 against CD Olimpia at Saputo Stadium, and the following Tuesday, October 28 against Atlante FC, in Cancun, Mexico.

Note that the top two clubs from each group will advance to the knock-out phase and play a home-and-away elimination. The quarter final round, a home-and-awat series on aggregate goal, will take place the last week of February and the first week of March.

ABOUT JOE PUBLIC FC
- In the home-and-away series giving access to the group phase, Joe Public FC beat the New England Revolution 6-1 on aggregate goals.
- The club was founded in 1996 and its president is Jack Warner, who is also the CONCACAF President and a FIFA Vice President.
- Joe Public won the Trinidad & Tobago championship in 1998 and 2006. The same two years, the team also won the Caribbean Club Championship.

IMPACT IN THE CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGE
- Tuesday, October 21 - CD Olimpia @ IMPACT
- Live at 8 pm: Radio-Canada.ca/sports, bold TV, CBCSports.ca, CKAC Sports
- Tape delayed: Radio-Canada (11:45 pm), CBC (midnight)
- Tuesday, October 28 - IMPACT @ Atlante FC - Mexico
- Live at 10 pm: bold TV, CBCSports.ca, Radio-Canada.ca/sports
- Tape delayed CBC (midnight)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 07, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »
What is the score?

Game is tomorrow breds

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 08, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
doh forget this one tonight eh alyuh

live link

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=20693&part=sports
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 08, 2008, 05:12:55 PM »

live link

I am in Turkey and for some reason I can't access this link...

Jah Gol, feel free to give the boys a back up  ;D

VB

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 08, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »

live link

VB

http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310759

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hd_sports_fans1

check these on match time hopefully it will be on

Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 08, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
Coverage start! on fsc
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 08, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
Didn't realize they were playing in Crawfie....Doh mind the commentators still bawlin' iz de Marvin Lee...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 08, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »
Wha bout Montreal score and the ball pass through a hole in the net....  :rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 08, 2008, 06:15:14 PM »
Wha bout Montreal score and the ball pass through a hole in the net....  :rotfl:

Absolute sorf shit goal.  And embarrassing dat we playing game wid hole in de net.

...but good job by JP pulling one back by Kerry Noray.

1-1

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 08, 2008, 06:15:43 PM »
buss net 1-1 game on
Youtube Channel

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 08, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
Nice goal by Kerry....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 08, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

live link

VB

http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310759

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hd_sports_fans1

check these on match time hopefully it will be on

dem threads dead and unfortuantley fox sports on justin tv showing Puertorico Islanders.

any other options?

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 08, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »
steups...

JP defense in a mess.

2-1 MTL

1]; } ?>