April 28, 2024, 03:25:50 PM

Author Topic: T&T to get El Salvador warm-up.  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
T&T to get El Salvador warm-up.
« on: May 11, 2005, 11:12:52 PM »
T&T to get El Salvador warm-up.
T&T Express Reports.
[/color]

Trinidad and Tobago's senior footballers will have an international warm up against El Salvador at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 25 ahead of their next 2006 World Cup qualifier at home to Panama on June 4.
The game which will follow the May 18 encounter against top Peru club Alianza Lima, was confirmed by TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner on Tuesday and was well received by head coach Leo Beenhakker.
By the time of kick off, the Dutch-born coach is expected to have a fairly organised squad as by then he would have had a chance to work with the majority of the squad.
Looking ahead to the two matches and next week's live-in training camp, Beenhakker said: "Next week we start of course little by little with the players from abroad and that means we are on schedule and we will be ready when we start our official preparation for the important games."
But Beenhakker preferred not to dwell on what was officially his first match in charge of the former Caribbean champions.
"It was a difference for us as it was a training game but for our opponents, with all my respect, I think it was the final of the World Cup so they beat us with good aggression," Beenhakker told TTFF Media after the match.
But he added that the exercise served its purpose following seven training sessions with the team.
"It was very useful for me because you can have a lot of training sessions but the truth is on the pitch within a game. Before this game I had a lot of questions and the way we played and how several players were acting gave me a lot of answers," Beenhakker noted.
"We are still in a try out period. We know very well all the possibilities of the local players now based on training sessions and this match and at least we have many answers.
"There were some moments where we played like we wanted to play good football and we had some chances, few though and these guys are working hard to play their best and in that way I was satisfied."
One reporter quizzed Beenhakker on whether he spotted any players in the Stars team and he used the chance to respond to reports questioning the decision to omit defender Anton Pierre from the squad.
"Yes but I won't be saying any names right now. And listen I don't understand all the emotion over the last few days over Anton Pierre. Anton is one of the few players we have seen in all the matches played until now for the qualifiers so we know him.
I think when you start this job in the middle of such a tournament you have a right to give everyone a chance and they can all show if they are ready play in the team. I said after the first cut that I was not closing the door for anybody, not for Anton Pierre nor anyone so I don't really understand all the emotion. We are doing try outs and we have a very good idea of the local players. We know what we want and next week we continue our preparations and I can assure you when we are going to play the next two matches against Panama and Mexico, the best possible team to represent T&T will play," Beenhakker added.
English-born trialist Chris Birchall, Clayton Ince and David Nakhid arrived from London on Tuesday evening and made their way to the venue at half time. They will join the training from the next camp starting on Monday.

Photo shows Jack Warner meeting English-born midfielder Chris Birchall along with Clayton Ince upon his arrival at the Hasely Crawford Stadium straight from Piarco International Airport on Tuesday evening.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 03:49:35 AM by Flex »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: T&T to get El Salvador warm-up.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:22:05 AM »
See Warner confirming the man's heritage. In the picture  the Warner conversation was overheard:

"I knew yuh mum  quiet well; we went tuh school together; I could have been yuh father but she left fuh England. Back in dem times  yuh grandmother didn't want we to see each other. But yuh mom promise one day she first son will come visit meh. Make yuh mum proud and doh worry de people here go like yuh once yuh have Trini blood;  If yu like yuh coffee black yuh could get that here if yuh want more cream ask the manager.The manager  go fix yuh up with some of he friends' daughters."

Did anyone else overhear the rest of the conversation?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 07:57:08 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
you like like real ting eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »
Albertatrini....w'happen Jack went tuh ah speech therapiss or wha.....yuh make dah statement simple simple simple...Jack eh even double clutch on any ah dem words.

is more like........

KKKkkrisssssss "I I kknew yuuuuh yuh murr mum quiet well; weee went tuuuh to SCHOOL tuhhgeddaaa; I could could have been yuh faaaadah but she left fuh England. Baaaack in dem times  yuuuuh grandmother didn't waaaaant we to see each each each other. Buuuut yuh muur mom prom prom pomissse one day ssssshe first son will come vvvvv-isit meh. Make yuh mum proud and doh worry deeeee peee-poo here go like yuh oooonce yuh have Trini blood;  The manager  go fiiiiix yuh up with some of he friends friends  dau daughters."

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 05:39:11 PM »
Again -  only when i walk in the stadium tp see that game i will be 100% sure we playing it.

I will be home in time for that.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 08:36:06 PM »
converstiopn contionued......... birchill" she say u my pop loan me sum money to hit a zen or at least nuts the manager friend daughters like a footballer man bad"
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 09:03:14 PM »
Warner den say: Hey  think of me as yuh dad; ah jest about  made it with yuh mom  so anything yuh want just ask meh; yuh want rum ah have  yuh want cash ah have yuh want pom pom check out de manager's daughters dey go remind yuh of yuh mummy.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 06:49:22 AM »
Warner: " Thanks fuh coming down; yuh go be an asset tuh we public campaign" I hope after yuh play yuh first game, we go call yuh the "GREAT WHiTE HOPE" dat way man go pay lots of money tuh see yuh. Yuh go be a phenome fuh we"

Thank yuh thank yuh very much mr English man.

1]; } ?>