March 28, 2024, 07:57:18 AM

Author Topic: What Ever Happen to Justin Latapy?  (Read 11195 times)

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
What Ever Happen to Justin Latapy?
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:54:28 PM »
Russell's baby brother had an outstanding intercol stint in the mid-90's...That does not make him to old  rite?.. He seened to be poised for some success.. Any body know if he still playing futbol....or did he now just a regular civilian

==============================================================
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What Ever Happen to Justin Latapy?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 02:56:26 PM »
Morvant?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 03:02:11 PM »
College and FF may remember dat he had sweat fuh ball players fuh a while, but dais late 80s, early 90s, not sure what happened to him after that...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »
Ah believe he went Portugal for a while, not sure what happen after. If he was at Ball Players, he would have been on the youth team so I may not have known him then.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:07:54 PM »
I guessing he's about 30 now?
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline trinit

• New Warrior
  • the best from laventille
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 03:08:48 PM »
He is attending college in Miami

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »

He was playing as a sweeper for Barry University and graduated in 2004.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 03:57:49 PM »
College and FF may remember dat he had sweat fuh ball players fuh a while, but dais late 80s, early 90s, not sure what happened to him after that...
\

nachilus you remember him playing for Ballplayers? He play with me for ah good few years... u-14 and u-17 ... last time i see him was on Fatima grounds around 95 or 96...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 04:34:21 PM »

I saw him play for the Trini team in a tournament here in florida last year, not sure if he playing on any of the local club teams.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »
he Just wasn't latapy !

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »
Justin got the shallow end of the Latapy gene pool, back in the day some were of the opinion that Tony was better than Russell.

I havent seen enough of Tony to make that call but I seriously doubt that Russell wasn't the best footballer in his family

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 07:19:14 PM »
he iz death but he aint no latas. he iz ah regular cicilian now. no pro ball playin
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »
Up to 1999 he was a membe of  the U 23 team.And Latas get him a play with the Boa Youth team

Last yr I asked this question and TM mentioned what Univ he was playing for.

However he seemed to disappear from the national landscape.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 09:05:50 PM »
Doesnt Russell Latapy have another brother? Mark Latapy?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »

Mark was real therapy for Ballplayers u-10 side around 91-92.... I eh know wha going on with he either

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 01:01:26 AM »
yea justin went malik and played with my cousin amoffin daniel....i rember they had a training camp or something away at holland and i got to meet him ....had to be over 10 years ago tho im 17 now....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 06:34:33 AM »

Yes, Justin was a quality player. I am not totally sure what he is doing now. I remember having a chat with Joe DePalo (head coach of men soccer at Nova Southeastern University) and he telling me how solid Justin was in defense when his school played Barry. Maybe is just decided to call it quits and work/coach. I will contact the coach from Nova and see if he knows.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 08:12:22 AM »

\

nachilus you remember him playing for Ballplayers? He play with me for ah good few years... u-14 and u-17 ... last time i see him was on Fatima grounds around 95 or 96...

Russel must have had two brothers named Justin, or I am mistaking the actual Justin who went to Barry for another, as the Latapy who played for Ball players for two seasons was not a youth man per se, he played with the senior squad along side men like Alibey, Curtis Celestine, Clint Noel, "Gus", Terry Jessamy, Noxy, Milo to name a few.  I could have sworn this guy's name was Justin, looked just like Latas (did not play as well as Russel did though), but he played in the midfield for BBP until early 91 or so I believe, so clearly there are a few bros in the Latapy camp, tallman, any info?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »

\

Russel must have had two brothers named Justin, or I am mistaking the actual Justin who went to Barry for another, as the Latapy who played for Ball players for two seasons was not a youth man per se, he played with the senior squad along side men like Alibey, Curtis Celestine, Clint Noel, "Gus", Terry Jessamy, Noxy, Milo to name a few. I could have sworn this guy's name was Justin, looked just like Latas (did not play as well as Russel did though), but he played in the midfield for BBP until early 91 or so I believe, so clearly there are a few bros in the Latapy camp, tallman, any info?

Nah breds, there is no way Justin played with them fellahs, them players yuh call they played around early-mid eighties. Justin ah think, went to Success-Laventille around 93-94, he would not have played with those fellahs.

Yuh call almost 3 generations a players they.

Gus(RIP) was a founding member of BBP back when they had 4th division
Milo (RIP) was going St Georges when he make the senior team, he was about 16.
Terry Jessemy (short-man)played 'till the end, till big George hijack the whole thing and formed Barataria All stars.
Alibey and Curtis Celestine (monkey) left early and went ASL

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 12:50:24 PM »
Nah breds, there is no way Justin played with them fellahs, them players yuh call they played around early-mid eighties. Justin ah think, went to Success-Laventille around 93-94, he would not have played with those fellahs.

Terry Jessemy (short-man)played 'till the end, till big George hijack the whole thing and formed Barataria All stars.

College, like yuhself ah grow up among Ball Players, sweat U-14 and U-16 in Tacarigua, Aranguez, and in de mang, so trus meh, dere was a Latapy that played wid dem fellas above, I always thought his name was Justin, but I acknowledge that I maybe mistaken.  Lemme ask yuh a qu, how much brothers Latas have?   For there def. was a Latas who played wid dem boyz who was younger than Russel, not sure of his 1st name, lemme know, bless

PS:  when did Gus pass away?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:53:49 PM by nachilus »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 12:56:40 PM »

College, like yuhself ah grow up among Ball Players, sweat U-14 and U-16 in Tacarigua, Aranguez, and in de mang, so trus meh, dere was a Latapy that played wid dem fellas above, I always thought his name was Justin, but I acknowledge that I maybe mistaken. Lemme ask yuh a qu, how much brothers Latas have? For there def. was a Latas who played wid dem boyz who was younger than Russel, not sure of his 1st name, lemme know, bless

sorry breds, i have no idea how many brother latas have, i not even sure how much brothers i have. but what year yuh play with bbp, maybe we played on the same team.

if yuh play with moco, junior mason, derek celestine, roger callender, nicholas ashby, dimes and  them fellahs maybe we played around the same time.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 01:00:11 PM »
aye ah man call "Shortman" dey.... I didnt recognize Terry Jessemy.. but ah know Shortman name was Terry.... I always get along good with Shortman.... he actually coach de under-14's from around 94

Hear nuh... Nachilus and College... what was de scene with All-stars?

when I start in 91 with Ballplayers... them used to train on de side of de mang closest to de highway under the next big tree.... we used to give dem level licks and dem fold up soon after.....

All while i was with Ballplayers we youth teams was ripping up but the senior side had get relegate in 92 i believe... and was never de same after dat....

Actually when All-Stars fold they came back in under Ballplayers and for a while we was Angostura Barataria United.... but that eh last long.....

so what was de story.. again i start with u-12 in 1991

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
sorry breds, i have no idea how many brother latas have, i not even sure how much brothers i have. but what year yuh play with bbp, maybe we played on the same team.

if yuh play with moco, junior mason, derek celestine, roger callender, nicholas ashby, dimes and  them fellahs maybe we played around the same time.

College I musbe know you from watching de big team play.... I know most of dem fellas dey....

Nachilus remember ah was askin yuh if yuh know Nico from right in de back dey in de crescent..... that is Nicholas Ashby... Omari from kindred is he brother...

Also I know two of Latapy younger brothers who play for BBP... Mark and Justin.... Mark born around 83.... Justin around 78 or 79.... I eh know if it had any younger ones again

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 01:08:43 PM »

College I musbe know you from watching de big team play.... I know most of dem fellas dey....

Nachilus remember ah was askin yuh if yuh know Nico from right in de back dey in de crescent..... that is Nicholas Ashby... Omari from kindred is he brother...

Also I know two of Latapy younger brothers who play for BBP... Mark and Justin.... Mark born around 83.... Justin around 78 or 79.... I eh know if it had any younger ones again

Yeah, 91 is about when I started slackin off from BBP and ball in general right before ah leave TT.  But when United was formed, was a big split in de side, College would know better, but men like Buju and others was real disgruntled to say de least.

I sweat from 87 to 90, I recognize Callendar name, was a boss, de odders ah doh really recognize, so maybe we jus missed each odder, but man like "pops" was on de U-16 side when I was on U-14, he had make Nat'l U-16 side in dem days, Terry was one of our keepers, not Jessamy, but a Terry who would be 31 now, he used to live by Jumbie Br. and 8th avenue (white/Indian mix fella), some ah de odder names ah fuhgeh (as FF would recall), but dem was boss days....

PS:  Justin def. too young, as you and College pointin out, dis Latas would be about 30-35 or so by now.....

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:36 PM »
aye ah man call "Shortman" dey.... I didnt recognize Terry Jessemy.. but ah know Shortman name was Terry.... I always get along good with Shortman.... he actually coach de under-14's from around 94
Hear nuh... Nachilus and College... what was de scene with All-stars?

when I start in 91 with Ballplayers... them used to train on de side of de mang closest to de highway under the next big tree.... we used to give dem level licks and dem fold up soon after.....

All while i was with Ballplayers we youth teams was ripping up but the senior side had get relegate in 92 i believe... and was never de same after dat....

Actually when All-Stars fold they came back in under Ballplayers and for a while we was Angostura Barataria United.... but that eh last long.....

so what was de story.. again i start with u-12 in 1991

Yep ah remember that, around that time I was done with BBP, I started playing with fete match with Barataria Dream Team and with Young Hearts in the East Zone.

Offline Reaper2004

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

Mark was real therapy for Ballplayers u-10 side around 91-92.... I eh know wha going on with he either

Thats the same Mark Latapy who has an extra finger on either his right or left little finger? If its him i went to school with him years ago he was a good player back then.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »

Thats the same Mark Latapy who has an extra finger on either his right or left little finger? If its him i went to school with him years ago he was a good player back then.

de same

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
No disrespect to Mark or Justin, but they cant be compared to Russell. I played wid Mark around u10, u12 level. He was alright, but he didnt stand out.

Offline Reaper2004

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 08:35:49 PM »
yea Mark tends to be a show off from time to time

1]; } ?>