April 25, 2024, 04:26:16 AM

Author Topic: Yorke to remain at Sydney  (Read 1048 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Yorke to remain at Sydney
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »
(Tobago News)

Monday, March 20th 2006

Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke is staying put at Sydney FC after sorting out his differences with club management.

"I've spoken with the chairman and he has reassured me that there was a breakdown in communications and the intention was never to get rid of me," the 34-year-old Yorke was quoted as saying.

"I accept that and, as I've said before, I'm more than happy to stay in Sydney. I'm happy here and I want to help the team build on its success."

Yorke, who led Sydney FC to the inaugural Hyundai A-League title last week, claimed recently the club was planning to get rid of him after telling his agent he could leave when he was ready.

That immediately fuelled speculation that Yorke, with another year left on his contract at Sydney, would look for safe haven else where.

But Yorke refuted claims that he had planned to leave Down Under.

"I have never entertained the idea of moving at any time," Yorke stressed.

Those sentiments were echoed by Sydney FC director Peter Turnbull, who said it was never the club's intention to force Yorke to leave.

"The situation has been sorted out and now we can move on. We feel we've been fair with Dwight," Turnbull was quoted as saying.

"All that was said was that Dwight could go if he wanted to because we knew that he was going back to England anyway to prepare for the World Cup and might receive a better offer.

"It was out of respect for him, just giving him an option if somebody came in with the sort of money we couldn't match."

With the A-League season completed, Yorke is expected to begin training with Manchester United after being invited to do so by Sir Alex Fergusson in preparation for the World Cup in Germany in June.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke to remain at Sydney
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:03:51 PM »
steupssssssssssss

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke to remain at Sydney
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:23:10 PM »
(Tobago News)

"It was out of respect for him, just giving him an option if somebody came in with the sort of money we couldn't match."

Translation: "Dred we reall cyah afford to pay you and de coach for ah whole nex season yuh know, so if somebody else get yuh, ignore de contract and doh frighten to leave...plus de sponsor an dem vex yuh refuse to drive dey Hoondi Elantra"

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>