April 24, 2024, 09:49:02 PM

Author Topic: Germans in trouble  (Read 1444 times)

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Germans in trouble
« on: March 19, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »
deisler out for the WC arguably Germany's most creative player. ok head to head with Ballack.
WerdaBreman have a long lanky midfield man I eh know he name but sick. Look for him to step in

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Germans in trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 07:56:31 AM »
I think you talking about Tim Boroski (spelling?) he looks very talented but maybe a bit inconsistent. I might be a liitle unfair to him because I do not watch that much german football, I did see a lot of Bremen this year because of CL
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:38:27 AM »
It's a rough loss, but maybe even more for him than for the team at large. Deisler missed out in 2002 because of his knee as well and the team made it to the final.

Germany will be missing 3 or 4 players for USA on Wednesday, Huth has not been released by Chelsea either, but US will also be short Donavan.
Statistics say Germany has never lost playing in Dortmund. They better keep that record clean this week.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »
If they lose this game by a convincing margin Klinnsman will get relieved of his duties.  Watch and see.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 11:48:41 AM »
Ah Read an article that said the German fans are expecting a rout of the US.

Ah hope Klinsmann & he coaching staff have they bags packup already.....JUST IN CASE they have to run fuh de border :devil:

German fans expecting rout of U.S.

Associated Press

BOCHUM, Germany -- Germany's national soccer team has been treated like a pilnata since it lost to Italy 4-1, and now fans are e xpecting -- perhaps demanding -- an ego-boosting rout of the United States on Wednesday.

Eleven players on the somewhat depleted American roster started practice Sunday at Lohrheidestadion in suburban Wattenscheid, in a valley overlooked by a coal mine. Seven more are due to join Monday, when Germany starts training in Duesseldorf.

"It's a big deal to these people," said American defender Steve Cherundolo, who plays for Hannover in the German Bundesliga. "They take it very seriously, as they should, and things haven't gone well the past year and a half."

Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann, a member of his nation's last World Cup championship team in 1990, has been criticized for everything from his team's play to his decision to commute to Germany from his home in Huntington Beach, Calif.

With Germany hosting the World Cup from June 9 to July 9, all of the home team's actions are major issues.

"I think there's overreaction," U.S. coach Bruce Arena said. "That's what happens in big soccer countries. That's how it is in England. That's how it is in Italy. That's how it is in Germany, obviously."

Arena got to know Klinsmann better in January 2004, when the former German star observed the U.S. national team's training camp in Carson, Calif.

"He enjoyed what we did. He liked our methods, and he felt the things we do are what players like. And when he reinforces that to me, that helps me," Arena said. "Soccer aside, he's a friend ... I did my best to get him involved back in the game again. He was in kind of limbo a bit.''

After Germany was eliminated in the first round of the 2004 European Championship, Klinsmann was hired to replace Rudi Voeller. Criticism intensified following the loss to Italy on March 1 and Klinsmann's absence from a World Cup coaches workshop in Germany on March 6-7.

"The coach of the host country has to be there -- that is beyond question," Franz Beckenbauer, head of the German World Cup organizers, said then. "If I have to think about this anymore, my choice of words would be more drastic. I've often told him that he has to be in Germany more -- now is prime time."

Klinsmann said he missed the workshop because it was close to the first anniversary of the death of his father. The coach met Wednesday with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Beckenbauer.

"I am convinced that Juergen Klinsmann and his team are on the right path," Merkel said.

Beckenbauer captained Germany's World Cup title team in 1974, then coached a championship team in 1990. Klinsmann said he and Beckenbauer put aside differences.

"We talked a lot and it was important," Klinsmann said Thursday. "Now, all our concentration is devoted to soccer and the next game."

The Americans are somewhat undermanned. Defender Frankie Hejduk became the latest dropout Sunday, scratched due to a strained hamstring, and was replaced by 21-year-old midfielder Benny Feilhaber, who is with Hamburg.

Also missing from Arena's team are Landon Donovan (strained calf), Clint Dempsey (bypassed following his suspension by the New England Revolution) and several players whose clubs did not release them: Brian McBride, Claudio Reyna, DaMarcus Beasley, Eddie Lewis and Oguchi Onyewu.

A sellout crowd of about 70,000 is expected for the match at Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park, the former Westfalenstadion. German fans hope a win over the Americans will jump-start the team's World Cup preparations.

"Anything less than semifinals would be considered a disappointment for them," Cherundolo said.

Notes:Club games caused several players to miss practice. Gregg Berhalter was with Energie Cottbus and four players were with the Kansas City Wizards for an exhibition game at Nuremberg: Jimmy Conrad, Kerry Zavagnin, Eddie Johnson and Josh Wolff. Heath Pearce, who plays for Nordsjaelland in Denmark, also was due in before Monday's practice. McBride, who has a groin problem that Arena said could be a sports hernia, played all 90 minutes Sunday in Fulham's 1-0 upset of English Premier League leader Chelsea.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 12:54:48 PM »
the Germans better temper that enthusiasm.  It ain't like the US are pushovers anymore.  This ain't 1998.  The US has improved big time under Arenas.  I predict a close contest that will result in clamoring for the head of Klinsmann.  Right now, Germany has only one truly world class player, and that tells you where they are right now.  Their historical trademark of solid defending is a thing of the past, as a young backline is often guilty of making errors.  They should do OK with the crowd behind them in the summer, but I really don't think they'll be in the semis or final.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
go germany.....de only odder team i support after tnt....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>