April 18, 2024, 11:30:28 AM

Author Topic: T&T gets 2,000 more tickets for World Cup  (Read 783 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T gets 2,000 more tickets for World Cup
« on: March 19, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »
T&T gets 2,000 more tickets for World Cup

By RADHICA SOOKRAJ (The Trinidad Guardian)

FIFA Vice President and T&T Football Federation special advisor Austin Jack Warner has said that T&T will receive 2,000 additional tickets for the World Cup.

Speaking to reporters at Phagwa festivities at Palmiste Park, San Fernando, yesterday, Warner said he had made an application to FIFA last Thursday for additional tickets.

“We are getting more tickets, a substantial amount for the World Cup. So all those persons who wanted four tickets and under will now get them,” Warner said.

He explained:

“I made an application on Thursday for more tickets and FIFA accepted it. We will have more tickets than before. I asked for 2,000 and I got 2,000,” Warner said.

He returned from Switzerland on Saturday night where he had gone to answer allegations that he had violated FIFA’s Code of Ethics.

Warner confirmed reports that he had severed ties with Simpaul Travel Service, which had made an arrangement with the T&T Football Federation for tickets.

Dismissing the allegations as political mudslinging, Warner said:

“They thought they would discredit me, kill my spirit, my good name and my standing in the country.

“They thought if they kill me, it would affect the UNC, but it didn’t work.”

Warner believes more mudslinging will be hurled at him.

“Don’t believe this will be the last time they do this. They will cross me again and I am ready,” he said.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 09:25:06 PM by daryn »

1]; } ?>