April 26, 2024, 01:00:34 AM

Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 39500 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Where are they now?
« on: August 08, 2005, 08:56:21 AM »
wha ever happen to man like

darin lewis?
craig dennim?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:14:36 PM by Tallman »

Offline Kiwi18

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where are they now?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 09:06:26 AM »
No one knows what happened to them. These days they does leave out the good ones and bring a set of bogus people and wandering why nothing happeneng.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 09:10:06 AM »
we could make that a game show "where are they now?"

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 09:19:26 AM »
Wha happen to de man pele did rate up big ? Colin Rock . Who remember he ?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 10:51:58 AM »
wha ever happen to man like

darin lewis?
craig demmin?

Craig Demmin has been playing wit de Rochester Rhinos in de A-League since 1998. He was de MVP last year. He has not played fuh de season as yet because he is still recovering from knee surgery to repair worn cartilage (done in January).

After graduating from de University of Connecticut in 2000, Darin Lewis signed wit de Portland Timbers in de A-League in 2001. He was den picked up by de NY/NJ MetroStars in April 2002 but he was waived after a few games (in May 2002). Next he signed wit de Hampton Roads Mariners of de A-League, but dat team end up having financial problems. In 2003 he played fuh de Bridgeport Italians of de United States Adult Soccer Association in 2003. Currently, there is a Darin Lewis on de roster of WASA Clean & White in de National Super League. I am not sure if it's him, but it could be.

Wha happen to de man pele did rate up big ? Colin Rocke. Who remember he ?

Colin Rocke is President and co-owner of the Riverside Indoor Soccer Complex in New Orleans. VB conducted an interview, Between a Rocke and a hard place, wit him a few years ago.

Here is another article on Rocke: Developers to open $1 million soccer complex
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 12:10:24 PM »
Colin is a friend of mine from CIC and he is doing well. As rightly stated he owns, operates and coaches an indoor center in New Olreans and coaches two High School girl teams. Again he is one of those great palyers who the TTFF never bothered to look up and call up.

Incredible dribbler and deft on both feet. Hell of a shot. Scored about 30 goals in the 86 season, took saints to the North Zone finals and one of the few teams to tie against Sando Tech that year.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »
GREAT.  A most overused and oftentimes inappropriately apllied adjective.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 12:58:15 PM »
Well he made quite an impression with PELE so you fill in the blanks

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 01:02:54 PM »
Rocke wrote up a business plan, which he presented to his friend Van Meter who had started several businesses in the area including Legacy Capital. “She had experience putting together businesses before,” he said. “I felt like I needed her expertise on the business side of it.”

Van Meter joined Rocke and together they set about finding a location and transforming it to suit their needs. The two fields, one for seven vs. seven play and the other for four-on-four, are equipped with the same state-of-the-art, sand and rubber AstroPlay turf the New Orleans Saints are now using.

Rocke said he is in negotiations with several liquor companies to provide beverages in the concession area.

We could have sure used him today
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 01:33:16 PM »
Some people just don't know. Rocke was a boss who continued to rack up goals during his palying time here as well and completing his degree.
Like a said a great player that could have made a difference.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 02:40:55 PM »
Thanks tallman u is ah borss horss .

Yeh boy greywalk from everything I read bout da fella an ting he seem to be a big lorss to we but de breddrin feel he education was more important than ah football contract . Nutting wrong with dat !
Ah remember dem days when he blaze de Secondary league.......goal like water . Big brute and real humble too . ah did real like he sis . hahah .

Colin pardnah if u read this post everything cool bredrin no dis .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »
In case allyuh doh know....there is a GULF...a virtual OCEAN between Secondary Schools League & some Unviersity & fete match games in de United States AND International football.

But if it suit allyuh purposes to say Colin Rocke was GREAT....go right ahead.  Allyuh certainly entitle to allyuh opinion.

Same Pele say Nicky Butt was de best player in de world in de 2002 World Cup.

Same Pele say Colombia woulda win World Cup in 1994.

But hey...Pele was impressed wit Rocke so he mus be was GREAT.

Dis is not to DISS Colin Rocke at all.  Colin Rock was a very good SCHOOLBOY footballer.  He had a lot of POTENTIAL.  He should more than likely have been given opportunities to play for T&T.

But GREAT?  If yuh callin Rocke GREAT...what adjective yuh applyin to de likes of Russell Latapy?  Leo De Leon?   Warren Archibald?  Carlton Franco?  Gally Cummings?  Dwight Yorke?

Allyuh nice yes.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 10:59:58 AM »
Rocke chose a different path, that's all and was looked over. I know when both himself Latas and were on that under 16 squad back in the day and they were poison, c'mon all yuh doh remember that team, MARCELLE, GEEZ they were thunder.
No it's not just college league and University, and why say that at all, all the best players in the world had to start somewhere.

All things being equal he would have been up there with Latas and Yorke as well, I have no doubt about that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 11:01:49 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 11:49:14 AM »
Rocke chose a different path, that's all and was looked over. I know when both himself Latas and were on that under 16 squad back in the day and they were poison, c'mon all yuh doh remember that team, MARCELLE, GEEZ they were thunder.
No it's not just college league and University, and why say that at all, all the best players in the world had to start somewhere.

All things being equal he would have been up there with Latas and Yorke as well, I have no doubt about that.

There were a lot of secondary school players around that era that were comparable in skill with Latas and Yorke.  Notice that most of them end up taking scholarships in the US, which was the end of their career.  Latas, Yorke and Leonson all went straight into Professional Leagues.  I am sure Colin Rocke and others could have done the same if they had pursued it.  Please dont forget players like Ivan Sampson, Anthony Sherwood, Colin Osborne, they all were on the same level as Latas, Yorke and Leo. They did not pursue a professional career for whatever reasons.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 12:00:26 PM »
Sanchez wrote:"I am sure Colin Rocke and others could have done the same if they had pursued it.  Please dont forget players like Ivan Sampson, Anthony Sherwood, Colin Osborne, they all were on the same level as Latas, Yorke and Leo. They did not pursue a professional career for whatever reasons."

Well said Sanchez! You could imagine what could have been if Courts Furniture and Mauby Fizz did not hire Nigel "Frame"Fabien for dey TV commercials,..............hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Mamma yo! TnT woulda done be in d World Cup! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2005, 01:30:59 PM »

After Latas and Leonson went Portugal we hardly had any players going over there.
Too bad.  They have some good football.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »
After Latas and Leonson went Portugal we hardly had any players going over there.

De only other people I could recall going there was Clint Marcelle and Cornell Glen. It have any more?

jusme

Portugal
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 02:12:02 PM »
Didn't Wesley Webb (St. Benedict's star player of the early 90s) play in Portugal?

I also read remember reading that Justin Latapy secured a Portuguese contract at one point.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Portugal
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 02:22:41 PM »
Didn't Wesley Webb (St. Benedict's star player of the early 90s) play in Portugal?

I also read remember reading that Justin Latapy secured a Portuguese contract at one point.

Yeh, Webb did play in Portugal at one point. I eh know about Justin Latapy. Akudu Goodridge also had a stint over there.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 02:28:21 PM »
What about Irastro Knights, aint he in Peru? Whoa happen to he? No body ever mentioning he again, is he still playing at alll? Is he worthy of a look?

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 02:31:01 PM »
yeah his sis was real nice...karenza (maybe wrong spelling) wow..back in her convent days

Offline grim

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 03:12:49 PM »
 Irasto Knight's is playing in Brooklyn (HORIZON SOCCER CLUB)  , Queens  NY area . Skywalker , you have a lot of good youth players that do not standout at the next level , we as friends of theirs make excuses for them .The fact is that Rocke and some others were exposed to a lot of football , but I dont think he turned down any major contract to do what he is doing , which by the way is a commendable thing .
 Shaka was in the US college scene completed a degree and still made it to the pros , because he was good enough .

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 03:23:49 PM »
"cause he was good enough" GRIM you exactly right that sum it up

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 04:18:08 PM »
Darren Lewis plays for Super League team (Wasa Clean and White).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 07:26:44 PM »
There were a lot of secondary school players around that era that were comparable in skill with Latas and Yorke.  Notice that most of them end up taking scholarships in the US, which was the end of their career.  Latas, Yorke and Leonson all went straight into Professional Leagues.  I am sure Colin Rocke and others could have done the same if they had pursued it.  Please dont forget players like Ivan Sampson, Anthony Sherwood, Colin Osborne, they all were on the same level as Latas, Yorke and Leo. They did not pursue a professional career for whatever reasons.

Here we have a perfect example of why when somebody die...all of a sudden people does talk bout dem like if dem was saint.

Sampson?  Osborne?  Pollonais?  Mutty Haynes?  Rocke?  Knights? 

Allyuh good wee.  All decent players.  All with POTENTIAL.

But ON PAR WITH Latas & Yorke?  Allyuh dreamin.  ESPECIALLY when allyuh referrin to Russell Latapy.

Man...dem fellas wasn't even on par with flikkin Wendell Moore.

Now Sherwood....before he did bruk he leg.....he was VERY GOOD.

But hey......men had dey college football memories and biggin up dis one and dat one from dey childhood.  Nutting wrong wit dat.

It take more dan jes SKILL to be a successful professional footballer.

Dat is why to this day....since Caribbean footballers were first given the opportunity with Dwight Yorke.....only Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy and Shaka Hislop have been SUCCESSFUL professional footballers.  For all de good Leonson was good.  All de skill Jerren Nixon had.  All de goals Stern John score....dey couldn't make it to &/or stay in de upper echelons.

Colin Osborne (no disrespeck to Colin Osborne) was on par with Latas and Yorke......WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Wha de ass I does be readin in trute?

But ah shouldn't be surprised.  Dis is a site where I read people say T&T produce some a de best players in de world.

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 07:29:20 PM by palos »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 08:52:23 PM »
You could imagine what could have been if Courts Furniture and Mauby Fizz did not hire Nigel "Frame"Fabien for dey TV commercials,..............hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

boy i really forget you was in them Courts commercials with yuh brother yes..my memory really going lol.

by the way fellas...where dem Benedicts men from the 90's like Sampson, Jordan, Landeau, Neverson and Benjamin?..dem days Naps had good players but not good enough to beat the other schools i guess.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 09:33:17 PM »
well I guess this is the right place to ask about the men of old who lit up the intercol circuit and we wondering if they could still make a contribution.
so where is Marvin Gordon ? (who maybe play 9 years of intercol)
or Gary Gibbons (or was it gibbins) he wasn't captain of the under 17 at some time?
...and Marvin Raeburn...seems like he was playing in the A league for a while and then....

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2005, 11:07:11 PM »
The point skywalker was making is dat Colin chose to pursue his academics instead of football. The fact dat he co-owns and running a million dollar football complex in New Orleans shows it was not a bad decision and he was not de dummy dat Raj a so called fren was calling him. Colin had tremendous talent. Dat was not a doubt. We all wonder what could have been when Santos came calling and Man U youth team was calling him fuh trials when he was still at Saints. The fact dat Pele noticed him and actually said something about him can't be taken away. Colin didn't go out seeking Pele's comments and I doh think he should have to answer for them. Some of allyuh only griping becz he went Saints (yuh know yuhself)  ;D. What I would like to know is why he was ignored for so long?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 05:51:07 AM »
There are some Secondary starts who never make the transition to the big time.

Then there are some that can but don't for what ever reasons.

Garnet Craig, Skinner, Corneal and Ronnie Simmons are some footballers who should have done better. I think at times they were the victims of curious selection policies.

Rocke always held his own with the best in TT. However, he had principle and didn't lick ass.

Had Rocke opted to stay in Germany he might have achieved what Latas did...but he didn't like his club and moved on. Achivement wise Rocke may not been in Lata's Zip Code, but ability wise...he is no inferior.

Sadly as the decades roll by, Rocke because of the ignorance of the TTFF will become a forgotten member of TT football. Where as we continue to spout on the likes of Dog, Roug, Marcelle and many others.

Marcelle is another athlete who could have done better in Eng., but a vindictive Coach, made him ride pine for a year in the Premiership...and after that he spiralled downwards.

Somtimes how we react to opportunitties dictate the results. I spoke to Rocke and he has no regrets however. As he put it he had too much respect for himself and his contributions to TT Football to beg for trials.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 06:52:35 AM »
I always find that a good way to measure how good a college player can be is through how many championships they carry their team to in the college days. latas and sando tech were nigh unbeatable when he was there, Signal Hill win back to back (or was it 3 national titles?) with Yorke running things. The only true dynasties based on one player since then was Dwarika for Malick in the early 90's, and he throw away his opportunity for greatness because Scotland was too cold or something. The other Malick titles were a different star each year (Glasgow, Knights, Westfield). I know Naps and St. Anthony's had a good run in the late 90's/early 2000 but i get the impression those wins were based on good teams rather than any dominant players. I mean, if u can't make your team dominate at college level, then u can be good but u not going to be one of the greats.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>