April 23, 2024, 01:38:22 PM

Author Topic: Your Most Memorable 'Old School' match  (Read 8064 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Your Most Memorable 'Old School' match
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 07:40:08 PM »
well I have memorable games anybody remember Memphis vs Army at Lever Brothers gound in Tunapuna when Memphis had Keto Joseph, Caryle general Andrews, Mickey rat, clyde grant, Banks in goal, ARMY had Ron nad Len, Anthony Fernands, Delecphe, keto had just left the army was playing with memphis. Five minutes into the game he get lick up, long story short memphis put it on them ah think the final score was 2-1 if ah remember right mickey rat and micheal chance socre, and for mine minor game Aranguez league anytime Hillsdale meet either Organs, Naco, Mirco, Ballplayers, Petit Bourg youths, Bluffers yeah that was good football we used to pull nuff crowd, man used rush outta work to see that
       Just trying to update myself,you said Keto Joseph just left the Army i don't think Keto was ever in the Army,i also don't think Carlyle Andrews ever played for Memphis,i might be wrong but this is news to me.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 10:14:25 PM »
Fishs: I really want to keep my identity private because of some of my opinions on other polls...nothing personal, but let's just say that the police horse did not trample my foot when the madness break out. The back up keeper George had to be treated because the horse run over his foot, that's how close I was to this game. I do believe that I have most, if not all of these fine brothers' names correct.

Yeh buh yuh forget Hammond Lucas.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 11:47:11 PM »
FISHS: I did not forget Hammon Lucas, he played for John D the previous two yesrs.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 11:57:49 PM »
FISHS: I did not forget Hammon Lucas, he played for John D the previous two yesrs.

Too much beer, woman an late nites, de memory lil muddled.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 08:46:19 AM »
Best game for me at a club level was Hurricanes versus Malvern in Skinner Park, maybe 1975-76.
FA Cup semi final lard what a show. Malvern really get spanked that night 5-0 Hurricanes.
That game retired the great Buggy Haynes, he called it a day after that.
Palos go kill meh fuh saying this but Peter Mitchell was outstanding that night, with a hattrick.
Bert Neptune contributed with one and Mervyn Crawford with the other.

At an International level was T&T vs Costa Rica in Skinner Park. Barcley was outstanding in goal. DeLeon made fools out of people and was as stylish as usual. Putting down one of the stinkest rollie pollie I ever see a human get. De man was running around like dog after he tail.
Archie was his usual buzzing self tormenting their right back. I remember after T&T score Archie running back to kick off, screw one of dem Costa Rican head. de man just take it we.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »
College yes I forget to mention suvival but it was always Hillsdale vs anybody was a big game, we (hillsdale) had some good game as Micro I remember well  Micro had Shelly, Lenox, Wayne to name a few, We had me boy Neggars, biggart, Country, with Pope playing first stopper and me (scooby) playing last stopper.
Coops maybe keto was`nt in the Army, but I am Postive Carlyle Andrews played with Memphis, he played first stopper with Clyde Grant as last man

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 12:15:03 PM »

Coops maybe keto was`nt in the Army, but I am Postive Carlyle Andrews played with Memphis, he played first stopper with Clyde Grant as last man
     Thanks Breds for the update,it could have been because i was not around for that.

MickeyRat

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »
well I have memorable games anybody remember Memphis vs Army at Lever Brothers gound in Tunapuna when Memphis had Keto Joseph, Caryle general Andrews, Mickey rat, clyde grant, Banks in goal, ARMY had Ron nad Len, Anthony Fernands, Delecphe, keto had just left the army was playing with memphis. Five minutes into the game he get lick up, long story short memphis put it on them ah think the final score was 2-1 if ah remember right mickey rat and micheal chance socre, and for mine minor game Aranguez league anytime Hillsdale meet either Organs, Naco, Mirco, Ballplayers, Petit Bourg youths, Bluffers yeah that was good football we used to pull nuff crowd, man used rush outta work to see that

Let me suggest a lil correction, the biggest crowds in Aranguez in hem times you talking about was always MICO and Survival, hands down.. how yuh go leave out Survival??? and with maddee s the feferee, yuh never know what go happen next, Maddee used to give man red card before the game start.

Yuh absolutely right about Narcotics and Organs real big side, used to pull real crowd, when nuts man and the pie lady sell out yuh know is real big crodwd.

Any big game in either Gradeland or Aranguez.....
Two of El Socorro finest..Younghearts vs. Bestsellers, 1995.....

1]; } ?>