March 28, 2024, 01:40:12 PM

Author Topic: Beenie, Ah Begging Don't Put Jack to Save in the WC  (Read 6861 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenie, Ah Begging Don't Put Jack to Save in the WC
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »
Dear Bennie,

First of All, Thanks for taking us to the WC.  And major, major kudos for not allowing waggonists to jump on the bandwagon when they were no where around when the hard work was to be done.  Beenie, if you could do me one last favor and I wouldn't ask anything further.  Please ah begging do not put Kelvin Jack on the WC stage.  I know that you are a loyal man but here me out.  Shaka may have been slowed by age and may not stop what a younger keeper may save but he is far less likely to gift goals to the opposition.  Shaka also has Premiership and Champs League experience.  He has been on the big stage before.  Jack is extremely deficient at this level of football.  He will cause tears.  Beenie, i will not question any other decision, but please no Jack.

Yours in football,
PEG

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie, Ah Begging Don't Put Jack to Save in the WC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:35:29 PM »
Buh wait nah.....yuh realize Jack was between the stick during the qualifiers. Where yuh was when Beenie needed this piece ah great advice ::)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 03:39:38 PM »
Dear Bennie,

First of All, Thanks for taking us to the WC.  And major, major kudos for not allowing waggonists to jump on the bandwagon when they were no where around when the hard work was to be done.  Beenie, if you could do me one last favor and I wouldn't ask anything further.  Please ah begging do not put Kelvin Jack on the WC stage.  I know that you are a loyal man but here me out.  Shaka may have been slowed by age and may not stop what a younger keeper may save but he is far less likely to gift goals to the opposition.  Shaka also has Premiership and Champs League experience.  He has been on the big stage before.  Jack is extremely deficient at this level of football.  He will cause tears.  Beenie, i will not question any other decision, but please no Jack.

Yours in football,
PEG

PEG, I ain't go lie nah, but ah visualize ya kneeling at dey side ah ya bed this morning, hands together, eyes closed real tight, ya head bow down so low ya nose touching dey sponge on ya bed, praying to dey fardda

But ah go hadda disagree with ya....Jack is meh boy, and ah go leave it so :beermug:

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:43:46 PM »
Qualifiers and WC is 2 different kettle of fish, friend.  The world's eyes will be upon us in the WC.  Take for instance what he did against Bahrain.  If that goal had score no amount of brilliant saves would have made up for it.  He is extremely gaFFE prone.  Witness the US game.  There is a huge difference between letting goals a better keeper  could save and being gaffe prone and gifting the likes of Ibrahamovic and Rooney goals.  My friend if u take a spot kick and kick it to either of them 2 fellas on the 18 yard box is goal no ifs ands or buts about it.

Offline Auburn Trini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »
Qualifiers and WC is 2 different kettle of fish, friend.  The world's eyes will be upon us in the WC.  Take for instance what he did against Bahrain.  If that goal had score no amount of brilliant saves would have made up for it.  He is extremely gaFFE prone.  Witness the US game.  There is a huge difference between letting goals a better keeper  could save and being gaffe prone and gifting the likes of Ibrahamovic and Rooney goals.  My friend if u take a spot kick and kick it to either of them 2 fellas on the 18 yard box is goal no ifs ands or buts about it.

I ent go lie... a mistake resulting in a goal would be hard for our team to come back against....
Shaka is my choice but... give Jack his jacket... he has come up with some good saves.... in terms of a shot stopper he probably is the best of the bunch...
Meh heart does skip a beat when he goin for a airball .... He awfull at judging those...
For the WC i think Shaka is the man.... but I'm cool with Jack... he's done well for us so far....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »
I eh go lie, Jack iz make me nervous too..........He is good for one heart attack per game......but in all fairness........respect to Kelvin Jack for what he has done because he was the man in the sticks when we qualified (yuh can't take that away from him)..........at the end of the day, I standing behind whoever the coach picks......hopefully it's Shaka..... ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:23:05 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

MickeyRat

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »
Jackie boy does have my head hot when the opposing team attacking.  However, I do feel he deserves to go Germany as Shaka's back-up and Ince as the third keeper.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 05:51:19 PM »
fellers think about the game against usa in conneticut
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »
well yeah he is a good shot stopper as most trini keepers are but his handling is more than questionable

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 06:15:16 PM »
i am up in the air on this one.  the man could stop a shot as if his very life depended on it...but oh gosh, he does have me nervous any time a cross, free kick, pass etc.  come in the air.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »
Shaka- Warner- Jack are the three goalkeepers going to Germany.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 07:32:28 PM »

i just think about that game and i still frighten cause i know that he put down one or two miss-kicks in dat game.

I understand that people would want beenie to be loyal to Jack cause Jack stayed loyal to the cause from the begining, but if loyalty is such a major issue, then pick ANGUS EVE and ANTON PIERRE.

if i had my way, then the 3 keepers would be Shaka, Ince and Warner!!

I must admit that Jack has done u proud in the past but so too has Eve and Pierre!!

In my opinion, Jack is ah lean, mean blooper-making machine!!

He is a good shot blocker, but that is just not enough to get yourself on a WC team!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 09:02:21 PM »

;D :o

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 09:20:52 PM »
for different reasons som men prefer shaka som jack form from d games leading up to d world cup and traning will determine who is d #1. ppl saying shaka better with cross balls i have seen him misjudge get beaten to cross balls and even spill crosses in the last three games he played so let bennie decide
because as far as i see jack was only responsible for 1 goal in our world cup qualifiers
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 09:23:14 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 09:31:22 PM »

i just think about that game and i still frighten cause i know that he put down one or two miss-kicks in dat game.

I understand that people would want beenie to be loyal to Jack cause Jack stayed loyal to the cause from the begining, but if loyalty is such a major issue, then pick ANGUS EVE and ANTON PIERRE.

if i had my way, then the 3 keepers would be Shaka, Ince and Warner!!

I must admit that Jack has done u proud in the past but so too has Eve and Pierre!!

He is a good shot blocker, but that is just not enough to get yourself on a WC team!

ah love it!!
Ah respect yuh opinion mey boi, ah cud understand if yuh put Jack on de bench, but yuh eh even pick de man tuh go Germany. De man have he weak points, but he cud make dat team tuh de world cup. Which keeper go get drop, is ah dam good question.  :-\
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 09:48:42 PM »
I started reading the post from PEG and the first thing that cross my mind is that this "peg" has a hidden agenda. Peg me ain't know yuh sex, but what happen Jack dump yuh? Wha kinda personal attack is that.Next time yuh get yuh feelings hurt go key de man car like all de others nah and keep yuh personal attacks off de forum

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 10:59:50 PM »
Jack is ah kinda cross between Ross Russel, Michael Maurice and Spiderman.

Russel was blind, Maurice couldn't ketch a ball if he gloves had magic glue on it an Spiderman used tuh spend more time jumping and rolling than tinking.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 01:12:14 AM »
lemme say something...den i ain't go read this thread again
and ah repeating what someone said....

but if it wasn't for JACK....1.3 million people in Trinidad and Tobago, plus dey 1 million ah allyuh backsides round dey world, would ah be today WONDERING what it is to be in dey WORLD CUP Germany 2006.  Dat SAVE he made 1 minute before dey blasted whistle blow....MAKE we end up in dey WORLD CUP. 

sometimes ah does really wonder... :-\

STUPS  >:(

before start to give Jack ole talk.....think bout that nah  :beermug:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:14:49 AM by TriniCana »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 05:38:28 AM »
lemme say something...den i ain't go read this thread again
and ah repeating what someone said....

but if it wasn't for JACK....1.3 million people in Trinidad and Tobago, plus dey 1 million ah allyuh backsides round dey world, would ah be today WONDERING what it is to be in dey WORLD CUP Germany 2006.  Dat SAVE he made 1 minute before dey blasted whistle blow....MAKE we end up in dey WORLD CUP. 

sometimes ah does really wonder... :-\

STUPS  >:(

before start to give Jack ole talk.....think bout that nah  :beermug:

Brilliant save UNDOUBTEDLY! But he probably felt inspired after he almost cost us the game, when the Bah striker kick the ball out his hands into the net- a foul as we all know, but his heart must have skip a beat!

If we cud get a keeper with Shaka's experience, safehands & judgment, & Jack's cat like reflexes, spring and shot blocking ability, we'll be cool and trust meh that AIN'T Warner!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 06:53:39 AM »
Peg

I co signing this letter....and thanks for writing it breds!

WC and Qualifiers is two different thing wee and the tugging of heart strings and patriot goggles clouding people mind.

I ent care what nobody write or post.............nuttin will change the fact that Jack shakey and he does give people heart attack.

Them is two qualities yuh keeper must not have.

If is on eperson on the field that must command respect and yuh must have 10000000000% confidence in is yuh keeper.

I want CLAYTON "IMPS" INCE to get one more fair shot at the job between the sticks.

Failing that I want the best man for the job and who in form to line up for we in Germany.

I cyar believe man fighting down shaka still for  the Guatemala game.

Thats one mistake........one.

For TT shaka does hardly put a foot wrong.

Also Clayton is a best keeper, alyuh really forgetting the earlier parts of this campaign yes.

Men only remembering or should I say became aware of the football team in the Beenie man era and by extension Kelvin Jack.

Jack is a shakey keeper......he does make the most routine save look hard, he cyar kick out a ball and he cyar deal with a crosses.

Shot blocking is a flipping pre-requisite for a keeper. If a keeper cyar do that whats he purpose?

Peg

Doe frighten I with you on this one.

and yuh know I ent so bad mind and spiteful to want something bad to happen to Kelvin in the post in a TT game, jest to turn around and tell the board...........SEE I TELL ALYUh SO, alyuh doe like to listen/read.

Nah......rather I want to prevent a accident from occuring before its too late.

Small thing the other keepers have 5 games left to prove they should be #1

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 07:14:24 AM »
  crap   crap    crap

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 07:24:40 AM »
Hear wha i  doh understand. Jack undoubtedly have some great reflexes. One of his flaws as a keeper is dem cross ball and ting. EVERYBODY know dat. Why de hell he coach and to a lesser extent ours doh jus keep drilling him in handling dem cross ball.....every session he gettin a hour of jus cross in he mudders......let him get accustom tuh doin it........and soon he go improve. Yuh cant teach reflexes.....yuh cant teach strength....better refine him into de best he can be by helpin him reduce the flaws in his game!!Everybody go benifit dat way!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »
In my opinion, we would be the laughing stock of the world if Jack makes a mistake like the one he made against bahrain!!

Let me see who i have so far on the JACK CYAR BE WE NUMBER ONE KEEPER and GIVE INCE A SECOND CHANCE LIST so far.

1. Peg
2. Andre Samuel
3. Touches
4. Kicker

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 10:41:26 AM »
In my opinion, we would be the laughing stock of the world if Jack makes a mistake like the one he made against bahrain!!
Let me see who i have so far on the JACK CYAR BE WE NUMBER ONE KEEPER and GIVE INCE A SECOND CHANCE LIST so far.

1. Peg
2. Andre Samuel
3. Touches
4. Kicker
5. Pasdah Beatz

Fat boi out

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »
I eh holding no brief for no keeper eh, but I hope all who want Jack dropped from the team, cry out the same way when Yorke and Latas and Stern missing goal up in de front.  I remember when Stern throwing goal like rain...men saying he just going through a bad patch, he would get back he knocks just now...give him time.

The irony of the thing is that the men in front could make mistakes...as much as five missed chances a game and we will say hard luck.  Even if we come and lose the game, men would still say we woulda win if them boys didn't throw away so much goals....talk done.   But when the defenders make a mistake is a different story...same thing with the goal keeper...is almost sure to result in goal scoring, especially if is a big team yuh playing against.  The best in the games will always make mistakes, but if there are percieved weeknesses in ANY player, then we need to spend the time to fix those weaknesses.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
Pardners.... ah wholeheartedly disagree... most of de men dey who ponging Jack (with good reason) pong Stern same way and does still pong him.... (with good reason)

Dat doh mean they want dem boys to fail....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 01:11:25 PM »

Ince wasn't that solid in the earlies but he settled down.
Hopefully same can happen for jack.  The things he not good at could be worked on but that remains to be seen....and time is short.

I still see Ince as being our best keeper but the way things work out he just real bad lucky.  Might have been better for him to stay at the Crewe as far as WC concerned.  He cah even get loaned out.  When it rains it pours....this man must be real frustrated he not even getting the chance to prove himself.  Even if he did cause a lil trouble this long spell of salting is more than enuff punishment.

Is months now this man cah play regular.  We doh even get no reports of how he doing in the reserves.

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »
Ah find nobody talking bout de 5 Shaka take against Guatemala.  Is Guatemala, we have no right taking 5 from dem!  Shaka may be fundamentally better than Jack, but Jack have the best reflexes among we 4 keepers. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »
For the big game is Shaka.  See how West Ham missed him on Saturday, and how they put him back in goal yesterday (granted that he might have been rested on Sat. for Monday).  Hislop is a calmer, more controlled influence thatn Jack, and on the World Cup stage, that is a crucial requirement.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:16 PM »
I expect Shaka to start because of his experience and the 1st game will have players very nervous and inexperience and nervousness isn't a good combination. But that doesn't mean that Jack couldn't hold his own.

Shaka is a good keeper but Shaka has on ah good few occasions let the flood gates in and got a Shallacking.

It is refreshing to know we have competition for the goalkeeper spot though....and as of now Shaka may be in the lead because he is keeping regularly and doing well BUT he ent cement that spot.

1]; } ?>