April 20, 2024, 05:39:17 AM

Author Topic: Kansas City update  (Read 2966 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Kansas City update
« on: March 17, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
Kansas City Wizards defeated FC Nürnberg (german 4th division team) 3-1 on tuesday. The first goal came when our very own Scott Seally set up Josh Wolff. Anthony Noriega did not see any playing time. Noriega reported that coach Bob Gansler told him that he would have to work extra hard to make the starting line up for Wizards in order for them to sign him. Wizards next game is against Regionalliga (german 3rd division team) so hopefully a struggling Noriega can see action then. Scott Seally is doing pretty well and enjoying the game.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City update
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 02:58:18 PM »
Kansas City Wizards defeated FC Nürnberg (german 4th division team) 3-1 on tuesday. The first goal came when our very own Scott Seally set up Josh Wolff. Anthony Noriega did not see any playing time. Noriega reported that coach Bob Gansler told him that he would have to work extra hard to make the starting line up for Wizards in order for them to sign him. Wizards next game is against Regionalliga (german 3rd division team) so hopefully a struggling Noriega can see action then. Scott Seally is doing pretty well and enjoying the game.

Kingman

Come on Nore..leh dem men noe wuh time it is..Best Ah Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx fuh de info Kingman..Large Up!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »
Kingman, as usual, bless up. Keep it coming.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 04:13:26 PM »
Work extra hard eh well noreiga time to buss yuh a$$
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 09:38:31 PM »
another more dan suitable applicant fo tobago united
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 03:47:43 PM »
is Anthony Noriega still with kansas city.....is he with the team training and playing matched in germeny

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
is Anthony Noriega still with kansas city.....is he with the team training and playing matched in germeny

He is not offically with the club. He is still on trial. Thus far he has not played in Germany. The team is in camp and he have to make the cut in order to sign on the dotted lines.

Kingman

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 07:23:06 PM »
well  i hope he make the cut......so i hope he work very hard

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 07:33:28 PM »
Kingman, you know it's funny that most Trinibago players do so good in college football but went it come to MLS that transaction is a problem for some players (Trinibago players) its seem they not highly consider and that sound like a problem....ah wonder why....

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 10:38:04 PM »
Kingman, you know it's funny that most Trinibago players do so good in college football but went it come to MLS that transaction is a problem for some players (Trinibago players) its seem they not highly consider and that sound like a problem....ah wonder why....

Yes, you are so correct. College ball and professionalism is two different levels. It requires a higher work rate, more skills and a positive attitude. I hope Noriega makes the adjustment. He is a good player but I guess not at the point where Kansas City head coach wants him to be. We will see how it goes. I will keep you guys updated.

Kingman

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »
Kingman, not trying to stressed the subject, why our players sometime played so poorly went it come to international game 1- to slow 2- not aggressive and 3- time of  possession (keeping the ball) don't get me wrong ah love meh team but their game play suck at time...could you explain why

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 07:15:05 PM »
Kingman, not trying to stressed the subject, why our players sometime played so poorly went it come to international game 1- to slow 2- not aggressive and 3- time of  possession (keeping the ball) don't get me wrong ah love meh team but their game play suck at time...could you explain why

I understand. Don't worry, you have a valid point. Well I think that transition from College to professional is the problem. When you look at the EPL, Seria A, La Liga and so on, those players do not give you time to play on the ball. They make you work for everything that you get. They anticipate almost everything. When you play at high school and College level it is different. Our players fail to adopt quickly to certain leagues and games and think that what they did in high school or college will cut it for an international/professional match up. To me, it's all about transition.

I will address each area that you pointed out.

Aggression: - In Trinidad (not so much Tobago) when you tackle a player roughly or show an intensity and high work rate spectators, other players and even some of our very own coaches will say "he is ah wild man." When you do it in the EPL, Seria A, Scottish League etc, they say "well done lad, way to get stuck in"

Slow: - For some reason our player think that playing slow and taking your time, making pretty passes and dancing/turning on the ball is what makes you a good player. MAYBE. But when you go to the next level they would not give you time to dance, turn, make pretty passes. You would have to work hard for it. Our players sometimes take this aspect of their game to the international level and that's why we are not successful. Leo use to always stress in practice to keep the ball moving. He picked team players, hard working players, true warriors. He knows what it takes to be successful.

Possession:- In order to keep possession you need for all your players to be moving constantly. If your teammates are not moving you cannot keep possession. That's why those Latin team are so deadly (pure movement and skills). Case and point, Brazil. We have or at least had some good lazy men on our team and thus we would not have been able to keep the ball. That comes with experience too.

Kingman

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 07:26:36 PM »
    It sad to have to say this but our players come from a society where they are accustomed being spoonfed,rated the best players in the world when they are not,their egos are high in T&T,not accustomed to working hard but are star boys,when they don't make a team blame the government rather than themselves,is always some Coach don't like them etc
     When you go to a country or team where nobody knows you,we get problems when we have to fight for places on a team,at home they don't or are not accustomed to that,at home they know they are on so don't have to work hard,all or players struggle to make teams outside.

Another thing we take for granted is race and country as small as it is it plays a big part in clubs making decisions on you,it's a dirty game,even other players fighting for places will rather give their countryman passes etc the social aspect of it is another thing how you carry yourself,who you hang out with,relationship with Coach/Players etc

It's a selected or chosen few that make it in Football,unfortunately it's certain people assigned the responsibility to make those decisions,their job is to satisfy their Bosses that's why they are given big bucks,they are not perfect and will make mistakes.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 08:30:24 PM »
     It sad to have to say this but our players come from a society where they are accustomed being spoonfed,rated the best players in the world when they are not,their egos are high in T&T,not accustomed to working hard but are star boys,when they don't make a team blame the government rather than themselves,is always some Coach don't like them etc
     When you go to a country or team where nobody knows you,we get problems when we have to fight for places on a team,at home they don't or are not accustomed to that,at home they know they are on so don't have to work hard,all or players struggle to make teams outside.

Another thing we take for granted is race and country as small as it is it plays a big part in clubs making decisions on you,it's a dirty game,even other players fighting for places will rather give their countryman passes etc the social aspect of it is another thing how you carry yourself,who you hang out with,relationship with Coach/Players etc

It's a selected or chosen few that make it in Football,unfortunately it's certain people assigned the responsibility to make those decisions,their job is to satisfy their Bosses that's why they are given big bucks,they are not perfect and will make mistakes.

Coop's, you are so right! I agree with what you are saying.

Kingman

Isaachunt

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »
 That good for him(Noreiga). Let him work hard. He feel is Trinidad where favouritism rule :devil: Is USA is either WORK HARD OR BENCH HARD  ;D NO MORE MISTER LAZYMAN. work work work work
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 02:01:09 PM by Isaachunt »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 06:28:31 PM »
Thank you Kingman and Coop you are right the mentality of star boy players in Trinidad and Tobago you mention is right i grow up around that time went a star boy players is slow, less aggressive with little possession no heart what so ever...i think and has a boy growing up in Trinidad thought that was the right way

1]; } ?>