April 27, 2024, 02:06:18 AM

Author Topic: Rougier joins United Petrotrin  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rougier joins United Petrotrin
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:19:09 PM »
Tony Rougier joins United Petrotrin.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Having apparently failed to cement a contract in England, Anthony Rougier is due to return to Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow to boost United Petrotrin's challenge in the 2006 T&T Pro League football competition which begins on April 8.
After taking part in a T&T national football team camp in Florida in February, the 35 year-old former T&T senior team captain had been in England exploring some club options.
Now that he has returned home however, Rougier will link up with the 'Oilmen ' who ended last season as the most improved team in the Pro League when they captured the year-ending Lucozade 'Big 6' competition.
United Petrotrin are currently in Tobago putting the finishing touches on their preparations for the upcoming season.
Brian Williams, the 2005 Pro League Coach of the Year, said that Petrotrin should give a much better performance this season. Coach Williams said his charges have been in hard training since February 4 and that they had retained most of their 2005 squad.
"This year we expect the team to show a lot more improvement and to continue the trend from where we left off. Last year, we were not sure about getting into the Pro League so we had just two weeks to prepare. This year, our preparation has been much better. We have a few new recruits, no big names, but many of these guys have been around the team and can fit in."
Williams said that while Petrotrin concentrated on defence and containing their opponents last season, in 2006 fans can expect more attacking options from his team. While in Tobago, Petrotrin are due to play two warm-up matches, one against FC Phoenix and the other possibly against Tobago United. They are due home on Monday.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 03:27:40 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Rougier joins United Petrotrin
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 06:13:21 AM »
When i read this in this morning's papers i real laugh, lol.  Ent this was de same 35 year old man was supposed to go on trial with west ham a couple months ago?

Whey sah, from a west ham trial to a Utd Petrotrin signing...dem fellas ent easy atall.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 07:47:07 AM »
From turning down a West Ham trial to trying to make the National team ......... who really guiding these fellas  ???

Anyway Good luck with the Oil team
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:35 AM »
wow tings relly gon bad for he yes

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 08:22:25 AM »
When i read this in this morning's papers i real laugh, lol.  Ent this was de same 35 year old man was supposed to go on trial with west ham a couple months ago?

Whey sah, from a west ham trial to a Utd Petrotrin signing...dem fellas ent easy atall.

ah love it!!

Sometimes I does wonder if these ppl are outright lying...Rougier made it sound like Leo advised him that his chances of making the national team are good so don't worry about the trial.  Only time will tell if that is really the case, then again he probably didn't have any trial in the first place with West Ham.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 08:24:33 AM »
Fellas you'll in sports,you guys should know ,when a spin is put on something ? Rougier was NEVER offered a trial with West Ham as you can clearly see now.What he was offered was the same as Yorke with Man Utd, to TRAIN with the club,to remain fit for the WC.Seeing now that his WC dreams are dwindling fasting than the speed of light he has decided to go back home and line up with Petrotrin.It is'nt that he had a choice.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2006, 09:56:40 AM »
Fellas you'll in sports,you guys should know ,when a spin is put on something ? Rougier was NEVER offered a trial with West Ham as you can clearly see now.What he was offered was the same as Yorke with Man Utd, to TRAIN with the club,to remain fit for the WC.Seeing now that his WC dreams are dwindling fasting than the speed of light he has decided to go back home and line up with Petrotrin.It is'nt that he had a choice.

Tell them royal. I was told a Trinidadian agent that Rougier was suppose to go back to China. I wonder what ever happen to that? Well at least he will be training. That's important.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 11:04:56 AM »
de man ole and slow dan. sorry to say but he might now be able to make with conrad and tinto and dem comming full speed ahead ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 11:17:16 AM »
Tony Rougier joins United Petrotrin.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Having apparently failed to cement a contract in England, Anthony Rougier is due to return to Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow to boost United Petrotrin's challenge in the 2006 T&T Pro League football competition which begins on April 8.
After taking part in a T&T national football team camp in Florida in February, the 35 year-old former T&T senior team captain had been in England exploring some club options.
Now that he has returned home however, Rougier will link up with the 'Oilmen ' who ended last season as the most improved team in the Pro League when they captured the year-ending Lucozade 'Big 6' competition.
United Petrotrin are currently in Tobago putting the finishing touches on their preparations for the upcoming season.
Brian Williams, the 2005 Pro League Coach of the Year, said that Petrotrin should give a much better performance this season. Coach Williams said his charges have been in hard training since February 4 and that they had retained most of their 2005 squad.
"This year we expect the team to show a lot more improvement and to continue the trend from where we left off. Last year, we were not sure about getting into the Pro League so we had just two weeks to prepare. This year, our preparation has been much better. We have a few new recruits, no big names, but many of these guys have been around the team and can fit in."
Williams said that while Petrotrin concentrated on defence and containing their opponents last season, in 2006 fans can expect more attacking options from his team. While in Tobago, Petrotrin are due to play two warm-up matches, one against FC Phoenix and the other possibly against Tobago United. They are due home on Monday.
If you was following the football from the earlys you would know that Rougier was one off our best players before the US game he had the flue and performed bad that game and was never called again new coach came and he was forgotten he also played for United Pertotrin and was out standing so if your say he slow and old what that say about our league by the when is the last time you see the man play   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 11:40:34 AM »
last month

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 11:42:26 AM »
And what game was this last month was carnival

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 11:44:07 AM »
when he was in ft lauderdale training with de team

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »
rougier struggles at international level

beenie saw him forumites saw him

each came to the conclusion that he is past his INTERNATIONAL prime!!!

beenie gives everyone a chance tony aint take his

ps at the usa game he struggled in and out of every single tackle
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 11:51:33 AM »
What I heard was he had a injury and didn’t even train with the team well if you call that seeing him ok good for you  

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 11:57:45 AM »
well then it all comes down to what you heard what morvant saw and what i kno

such is d life of a forumite

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
You guys who haven’t been following the man would say he struggles at the international level after one game against the US in which he had the FLUE and I’m not trying to make excuses for him but for the real fans that followed the team for the last 5 year on this forum will know that he was a rock at the back for us and played well in midfield so if you just come on this forum and you haven’t sent this guy play please refrain from giving false information

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 01:19:34 PM »
Although Rougier played in the Ft Lauderdale camp,he was coming of a hamstring injury and Beenie did'nt play him dat much.I believe him going back home is the try and address Beenie and company for the last time.From what I've heard he was offered a player/asst coach position in China but I suppose he turn dat down for his world cup dream.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »
You guys who haven’t been following the man would say he struggles at the international level after one game against the US in which he had the FLUE and I’m not trying to make excuses for him but for the real fans that followed the team for the last 5 year on this forum will know that he was a rock at the back for us and played well in midfield so if you just come on this forum and you haven’t sent this guy play please refrain from giving false information

Yeah Bally I agree wit yuh pal..an I fuh one find it ha space on de team fuh Rougier..an as ah starter in de defense tuhboot..I still believe he could serve de country well an ah wish him all de best.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 07:53:54 PM »

Yeah Bally I agree wit yuh pal..an I fuh one find it ha space on de team fuh Rougier..an as ah starter in de defense tuhboot..I still believe he could serve de country well an ah wish him all de best.

boss them men pass dey bess it seems let we move on.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 07:58:25 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>