April 27, 2024, 07:01:20 AM

Author Topic: usa crying  (Read 24983 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: usa crying
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2006, 06:03:01 PM »

ahhh boy yuh talkin dey like homeland security in yuh foyer right now threatnin to tek yuh green card

yeah horse...yuh make me out  ;D ;D :beermug: :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »
5 pages!!!! damn...u tink it go ever have ah 5 page thread about trinidad football on bigsoccer.com? steups...let dem take dey loses and go nah...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2006, 06:26:09 PM »
the real story is that the us was arrogant enough to think that they could be competitive enough to play a top level team with a bunch of overratted professionals and now that they get a good old fashion cut arse their feelings hurt with their best team they are a very strong fundermentally but until they can have individual talents that can take over games they will always be overratted

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2006, 09:26:06 AM »
the real story is that the us was arrogant enough to think that they could be competitive enough to play a top level team with a bunch of overratted professionals and now that they get a good old fashion cut arse their feelings hurt with their best team they are a very strong fundermentally but until they can have individual talents that can take over games they will always be overratted

arrogance is necessary attribute in every sport...if T&T came up against Brazil, the T&T players will have supreme belief that they will win. Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play the game. All your favorite football players are arrogant, especially on the field of play. Arrogance in sports is a necessity, not a sin. Now off the field of play they should have shown more class..everyone agrees with that. But get over it...if you are not arrogant in sports, yuh loss...so all the men who cyah get over how arrogant the US athletes are...you really doh have a clue...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2006, 10:11:27 AM »

arrogance is necessary attribute in every sport...if T&T came up against Brazil, the T&T players will have supreme belief that they will win. Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to play the game. All your favorite football players are arrogant, especially on the field of play. Arrogance in sports is a necessity, not a sin. Now off the field of play they should have shown more class..everyone agrees with that. But get over it...if you are not arrogant in sports, yuh loss...so all the men who cyah get over how arrogant the US athletes are...you really doh have a clue...
:applause:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »
there's a difference between arrogance and confidence, believing in your known ability is one thing fooling yourself is another eg 4-1

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2006, 12:28:22 PM »

Arrogance is not necessary; confidence and belief in your self does not have to amount to arrogance. If TnT were to go up against Brazil we would need to be confident that we'd go out there and play to the best of our abilities. Arrogance in sports shows a lack of class and sportsmanship. That is what the U.S. team and staff (not just in football) often display.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2006, 02:10:08 PM »

Arrogance is not necessary; confidence and belief in your self does not have to amount to arrogance. If TnT were to go up against Brazil we would need to be confident that we'd go out there and play to the best of our abilities. Arrogance in sports shows a lack of class and sportsmanship. That is what the U.S. team and staff (not just in football) often display.

I agree with that. Yuh doh need Arrogance. Brazil is the Best team in the world and they play with Confidence not Arrogance.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »
Wey Green Beret?? Green Beret, how come de U.S. eh "spank Germany arse"?  :o

:rotfl:

dat fellah is ah moron.

Dise muh horse man, ah does low him. He have ah identity crisis nah, Trini parents but born in America. Ah feel USGal going through ah similar ting too- full-blooded American but Trini by de bone.  :-X

Serious question....what that mean in bold. Is it missing ah letter ah wah ??? It doh ha tuh be B eh so I eh tryin to be funny buh ah was tryin to put it in context.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2006, 02:37:48 PM »

dat fellah is ah moron.

Dise muh horse man, ah does low him. He have ah identity crisis nah, Trini parents but born in America. Ah feel USGal going through ah similar ting too- full-blooded American but Trini by de bone.  :-X

Serious question....what that mean in bold. Is it missing ah letter ah wah ??? It doh ha tuh be B eh so I eh tryin to be funny buh ah was tryin to put it in context.

lol "Low" as in "allow". I'll 'allow him to get away with it.'
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

1) you generalizing...you talk to the whole US team and staff? You read an interview from Arena and Keller. You know what hte rest of the team have to say? We does get vex when people generalize about us...but like we really eh no different

2) I feel we getting into semantics here. In the end we saying the same thing. By arrogance, I mean extreme self confidence. Believing you are superior to your opponent even if there is evidence to support you are not. As you can read in my reply...supreme belief that you can and will win no matter what. There is a balance that athletes must maintain...they do take arrogance on the field and still know to respect the opponent and show class if things don't go to plan...these are not mutually exclusive. And professional athletes learn to switch it on and off. Henry admits that when he is playing he is extremely arrogant...he creates a persona to make him feel untouchable.....but he is a classy man off the field. You think when Cafu capping a man just to embarass him that is classy, or when Ronaldinho show-boating jes to tear up a man with a spanner when Barca up 3-0 that is good sportsmanship. Why you think big players does cry like little children and want to leave teams if they get bench for a couple games.....is not love of the game..it is becasue they have been bred to believe that they are the best and should always play...That, to me, is a type of arrogance. Whoever say Brazilians not arrogant never hear about Romario or Edmundo...or witness the examples I mentioned aboved. Where I agree with everyone...I have said this in all my responses...Keller and Arena forgot that they off the field now and should show some class to the opposition and to the rest of their teammates and staff. THey are sore losers.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 04:48:08 PM by Filho »

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2006, 05:49:58 PM »

dat fellah is ah moron.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2006, 06:16:54 PM »
look up the meaning of arrogance and then confidence and then u will be knollageable about what words to use, henry, cufu and ronaldinho are supremely gifted athletes who's game comes with an enormous amount of flair it comes naturally to them to be flamboyant. play the game and you will know the game

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »
look up the meaning of arrogance and then confidence and then u will be knollageable about what words to use, henry, cufu and ronaldinho are supremely gifted athletes who's game comes with an enormous amount of flair it comes naturally to them to be flamboyant. play the game and you will know the game

that's pretty condescending for someone with a pretty unique way of spelling 'knollageable'....I know the meaning of both...and I am talking about more than just confidence. i believe that some of the greatest athletes, including those who are classy and great sportsmen would not be where they are if they did not incorporate a certain degree of arrogance into their game persona. it gives them an edge psychologically. they can turn it on and off. You see it in many of the very best....even those who are gracious and classy off the pitch....

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2006, 07:07:01 PM »
true... arrogance is usually a good quality for certain sports..such as running..remember how maurice green was? Ato was good arrogant too..but it was part of the sport...as a sprinter i think yuh shud be...
I also like strikers who arrogant too...remember they had a article on ronaldo how he is an arrogant player on de pitch..wud always keep watching the keeper wen the keeper dunk out the ball..and stare him down before retreating to get back onside at the begining of games...give a lil psychological edge
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 07:12:13 PM by dctriniwhiteboy »
Back in Trini...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

that's pretty condescending for someone with a pretty unique way of spelling 'knollageable'....

:rotfl: :rotfl: damn yuh hittin hard there...

Trying to distinguish between arrogance and confidence is useless, because there is very little distinction.

Arrogance is just an outward communication of confidence- some forms of such communication are more obnoxious than others. In sports if you channel your confidence through your style of play, and it's effective people are hardly likely to see it as arrogance......on the other hand if your confidence is primarily communicated verbally, you will be seen as arrogant. People are more offended by such "arrogance"...

I think all athletes strive for the utmost confidence- everyone has a different way of expressing such confidence.

that's how I see it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 07:51:52 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2006, 08:43:21 PM »

dat fellah is ah moron.

lol "Low" as in "allow". I'll 'allow him to get away with it.'

LOL well Thanks for the info.  Ah didn't want to be puttin anything wutless in meh head...unnecessarily of course :D

1]; } ?>