April 23, 2024, 02:14:06 AM

Poll

Put us in the US shoes today and lemme hear how you think we would have come out (assume we had a full stength team)

won
Tied (drawn- hush marcos)
lost by a similar margin
lost but more respectably
lost by a larger margin

Author Topic: How would T&T have done against Germany this afternoon ?  (Read 4833 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How would T&T have done against Germany this afternoon ?
« on: March 22, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »
Especially interested to hear from those who saw our game against Iceland & who actually watched the U.S.-Germany match......(of course everyone is welcome to contribute)

Be honest....just trying to gauge where we the fans honestly think we're at in our preparations...lemme hear your opinion.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: How would T&T have done against Germany this afternoon ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »
Trini woulda geh real licks...sorry to say. :-[
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »
It is difficult to say if TnT wouda do better or not...ah think a strong TT team would ah create more chances at goal...so in my opinion the outcome might ah be the same...jus more opportunities for TnT...maybe 3-2 instead of 4-1.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 04:05:01 PM »
I  disagree with pointman,germany won the game yes,but they're very suspect in defense,I honestly believe we could punish them.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »
Watching the two games one thing is very obvious, at a high level you have zero time on the ball especially in midfield, against ISL we had a fair amount of room in the middle of the park to stroke the ball around and build from midfield, both teams today had little time to hold on the ball in the middle of the park. It only seems so cause of the actual quallity of the players on the field where they are very quick on the ball.  I still waiting till we play a higher level of competition like the Czech game to see if we really can be competitive against top level competition.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »
Having seen both games, the Germany in the second half could have beaten T&T. In the first half, Germany played crap and got booed off the field by their own fans. But then, they were playing 4-3-3. In the second half, they switched to the traditional 4-4-2 and looked a diiferent team.

We all the the US is an over-rated team even though they were playing with a second string team. Just remember also, a second string Soca Warrior team eh sure to beat anybody as well.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »
i think a 2-0 win for Germany

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 04:31:55 PM »
More or less the same type of licks if we played a full strenth T&T team

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 04:35:06 PM »
IF we had loose by 2 we come real good.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »
beenie man picked ice land,and we kick they tale .If he pick germany it would had been the same.Beenie chose a tougher foe,, for our test The czechs
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:23:37 PM by Compre »

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 05:48:39 PM »
I saw both games and I think they differed in 2 respects i.e. time allowed on the ball and the physical nature of play. In US/German game the players had very little time on the ball. Passes had to come quick and be dead on. In the TNT/Iceland game we had a lot more time on the ball. The 2nd difference was the physical nature of play. The big strong germans were very physical and the enthusiastic Americans were up to the challenge.Will TNT be up to the challenge come summer.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 06:03:30 PM »
This is  real total disrespect to the warriors, about definitely licks for t&t and maybe by 2goals or more,this is A typical of we trinis not believing in we people,that's why we have so much problems back home,because irregardless of the perceived outcome nobody is never on the same page,for once I would love to hear men say it's 11 against 11 and there's always a chance.

For god's sake,I hear some of the commentators saying it's a young german team going through a rebuilding phase,the same team that lossed 4-1 to italy,maybe forum members would say we could beat that german team that lossed to italy.

Enough Said...............       

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »
it woulda bin 1-1 or 2-1 to Germany.. they played very well today.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 06:59:28 PM »
I  disagree with pointman,germany won the game yes,but they're very suspect in defense,I honestly believe we could punish them.

allyuh men cyar be serious ???

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:02:33 PM »
I saw both games and I think they differed in 2 respects i.e. time allowed on the ball and the physical nature of play. In US/German game the players had very little time on the ball. Passes had to come quick and be dead on. In the TNT/Iceland game we had a lot more time on the ball. The 2nd difference was the physical nature of play. The big strong germans were very physical and the enthusiastic Americans were up to the challenge.Will TNT be up to the challenge come summer.

that's how Germany plays, T&T would have been backpeddling the whole game. Real licks.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 07:12:51 PM »

allyuh men cyar be serious ???

He is right. Huth is damn slow.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »
yea i think we couldve buss 2 or 3 goals in de net.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 08:11:29 PM »
This is  real total disrespect to the warriors, about definitely licks for t&t and maybe by 2goals or more,this is A typical of we trinis not believing in we people,that's why we have so much problems back home,because irregardless of the perceived outcome nobody is never on the same page,for once I would love to hear men say it's 11 against 11 and there's always a chance.

For god's sake,I hear some of the commentators saying it's a young german team going through a rebuilding phase,the same team that lossed 4-1 to italy,maybe forum members would say we could beat that german team that lossed to italy.

point well taken but you are missing the point of the post. we have belief in our team and if we play Germany or anyone for that matter we will hope and always know we have a chance. that is the reality of football. But it is OK to speak about the two teams based on how they would match up if each played to their full strengths. this is just a hypothetical discussion based on what we think to be each teams strengths and weaknesses. Noone here has any problem saying that Brazil is better than the USA, or England is superior to Azerbaijan. It does not mean that the US cannot beat Brazil, or that Azerbaijan can't beat England. It is just a theoretical discussion. We can talk about our team this way sometimes too....not  every TnT discussion is a rah rah cheerleading exercise, same way that not everyone who thinks TnT is inferior to another team (on paper) is a pessimistic, non-believer. Let us hold our team to the same critical standard as everyone else...believe it or not, that is often the catalyst to perfection...at the same time you are absolutely correct...we must always have belief and give full support.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 09:50:08 PM »
another thread that proves how much allyuh know bout this wondeful sport :rotfl:

ah man say 1-1

allyuh iz kicks oui
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 10:19:21 PM »
another thread that proves how much allyuh know bout this wondeful sport :rotfl:

ah man say 1-1

allyuh iz kicks oui

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 12:02:09 AM »
The biggest word in the world....IF...

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 05:23:05 AM »
dis just a stupid poll

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 08:43:36 AM »

I think it's just more realistic thinking. No one is saying that they would like us to lose.........but realistically speaking, it is difficult to imagine us beating Germany.....pure and simple..........no disrespect, just reality.

dis just a stupid poll

thanks for your invaluable contribution.........
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 08:45:28 AM by kicker »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 09:31:27 AM »
I doh beileve we could draw Germany.. Oh come on... I love mih socawarriors but 2 draw with them in a WC year that the hosting, and after de licks dey get recently... Nah...
All ting aside, I would love for us to somehow play the US in the WC and cut they tail bad bad..

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 09:33:32 AM »
 This a stupid post...Don't try to predict these things. Its irrelevant...USA played and got taken to school

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 09:47:35 AM »
This a stupid post...Don't try to predict these things. Its irrelevant...USA played and got taken to school

Relax P........it's just a hypothetical question.........and it's no less relevant than your contribution.

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 09:48:21 AM »
I think we woulda get licks if we played d german yesterday. I realise that there is blind patriotism on dis site. We all know that anything can happen but more likely than not I dont think Trinidad could have won because of the speed of the game. When last has Trinidad played a game of that intensity and that physical aggression. Lawrence and Dog who sometimes make careless mistakes would have been punished as the Americans were for their defensive blunders. They made keller look like a goat although to me Keller is one of the best in the world. Iceland was an ok team and played like a shit team on that day so i dont think bcuz we beat them we cud say that we cud take on Germany. I personally think if we play Germany now we getting at least 4.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 09:54:51 AM »
I think we woulda get licks if we played d german yesterday. I realise that there is blind patriotism on dis site. We all know that anything can happen but more likely than not I dont think Trinidad could have won because of the speed of the game. When last has Trinidad played a game of that intensity and that physical aggression. Lawrence and Dog who sometimes make careless mistakes would have been punished as the Americans were for their defensive blunders. They made keller look like a goat although to me Keller is one of the best in the world. Iceland was an ok team and played like a shit team on that day so i dont think bcuz we beat them we cud say that we cud take on Germany. I personally think if we play Germany now we getting at least 4.

morvant....dat post was mine i just didnt login
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 12:07:12 PM »
I  disagree with pointman,germany won the game yes,but they're very suspect in defense,I honestly believe we could punish them.

i now reading this!! lol.  Some ah alyuh crazy in dis place!! Punish them u say??

He is right. Huth is damn slow.

And marvin andrews is darrel brown?

lol

welcome to de comedy show!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 03:02:35 PM »

Relax P........it's just a hypothetical question.........and it's no less relevant than your contribution.
Sure buddy, when we play Iceland why men didn't make a post saying how the US would have done...This a stupid post..What if's is for children...What if Stern John score 5 goals in each game and win the top scorer in the Championship...What if Dwight Yorke sign with Man U and they win everything again and then Real Madrid want to sign him....What if Barcelona lose all their games and Real Madrid take La Liga....get my drift....foolishness

1]; } ?>