April 23, 2024, 02:32:00 AM

Author Topic: I have all respect for Beenie but  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I have all respect for Beenie but
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:09:08 PM »
Do you think he is further hurting the PFL by not selecting more local based players?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 08:26:18 PM by Trini_fan »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I have all respect for Beenie
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
But do you think he is further hurting the PFL by not selecting more local based players?

How much time we go through this IF them local fellas good enough they get selected. and ANTON IS KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR potential players
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:15:57 PM »
But do you think he is further hurting the PFL by not selecting more local based players?

How much time we go through this IF them local fellas good enough they get selected. and ANTON IS KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR potential players

when is de las time u see our local players play triniman, in de 90's or wha?  :o

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 08:19:16 PM »

I know we have been through various Hardest and Dwarika threads but this is not about any indivudual player or whatever Anton is doing.

I am talking about from a league perspective:

1) How would the local league develop if players are not playing an international level of football?

2) How many more ppl will go to games and increase revenue from ticket sales etc if there were 'stars' playing?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 08:26:15 PM »
Dem fellas go get they chance fuh the Shell Cup or whatever name they calling it now and the Gold Cup and ting not right now they team need fellas that used to playing at a high tempo, and Whitely and Gray done prove dey self already.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 08:26:54 PM »
this season i am makin it my duty to go at least 2 pfl games per month

there are too many of us right here on this board dat dont go games yet we always claimin pfl suffering

so this season blood sweat or fete i goin look fo me in

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

TrinInfinite

Re: I have all respect for Beenie but
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:34:53 PM »

there are too many of us right here on this board dat dont go games yet we always claimin pfl suffering

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

diz good talk shoota, i will try to make some dis year also, go and support bredda, ah fine 2 much man washing dey mouth on we locals, without ever seeing dem play  >:(

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:41:35 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

What I think should happen is like once or twice a month, Warrior Nation TnT should pick a game and show up in full force to watch the game and also indirectly promote the Warrior Nation. Tell meh what allyuh think

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 08:42:45 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

What I think should happen is like once or twice a month, Warrior Nation TnT should pick a game and show up in full force to watch the game and also indirectly promote the Warrior Nation. Tell meh what allyuh think

dat has already been suggested and should b in de works breds  :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

diz good talk shoota, i will try to make some dis year also, go and support bredda, ah fine 2 much man washing dey mouth on we locals, without ever seeing dem play  >:(

You just like this topic eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

You just like this topic eh

yuh comin 2 de launch to support warrior nation and sw.net triniman? or ur staying home, ah hope not >:( we go talk about locals den and see who is boss and who isnt :o

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 08:57:51 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

dat has already been suggested and should b in de works breds  :beermug:

Well T.I ah must be miss that thread bredda.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 09:47:43 PM »
I not sure if beenie MAJOR responsibility right now is to help out the PFL.Right now de man need to make sure we give a good account of ourselves come summer

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 01:54:11 AM »
Do you think he is further hurting the PFL by not selecting more local based players?

His job is not to help the PFL. His job is to help the national team.
You might as well ask all our players if they think they are hurting the PFL by leaving TT to go and play professional football abroad?

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 03:23:36 AM »
the fact remains the local p[layers are not up to international standard...plain an simple....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45:07 AM »

You might as well ask all our players if they think they are hurting the PFL by leaving TT to go and play professional football abroad?
      If our players are honest with themselves they will admit they are hurting the PFL by leaving TT to go and play abroad,our national team might be gaining but our leagues does not.

This is understandable because it's their Bread and Butter,it's hard for our leagues to survive without impact players to bring out the crowds,all the major leagues in the world survive because of the quality of the players that play in them.

I don't think a lot of us realizes the magnitude of the responsibilities a national team Coach has,around this time every national team Coach is under severe pressure,every Tom,Dick and Harry knows what they should and should not do,when they should do it and why they should do it,i must say though that unless you are in these guys position you will never know.

We have to stop hating other teams and Coaches,regardless to what these guys say or do,win or loose they are only trying to be positive,there is a sycological war that goes on in Football,administrations,Coaches,players etc give each other words,if you allow it to affect you it's over before you start.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 05:56:34 AM »

If our players are honest with themselves they will admit they are hurting the PFL by leaving TT to go and play abroad,our national team might be gaining but our leagues does not.

This is understandable because it's their Bread and Butter,it's hard for our leagues to survive without impact players to bring out the crowds,all the major leagues in the world survive because of the quality of the players that play in them.

I don't think a lot of us realizes the magnitude of the responsibilities a national team Coach has,around this time every national team Coach is under severe pressure,every Tom,Dick and Harry knows what they should and should not do,when they should do it and why they should do it,i must say though that unless you are in these guys position you will never know.

We have to stop hating other teams and Coaches,regardless to what these guys say or do,win or loose they are only trying to be positive,there is a sycological war that goes on in Football,administrations,Coaches,players etc give each other words,if you allow it to affect you it's over before you start.

i agree...inteferring officials etc.
As an aside Coops on one of your earlier posts you were looking for a woman footballer for a US universirty... my sources indicate that avianne douglas is in T&T and available. she is captain of the under 21 team and in 2004 scvored 41 goals out of her teams 82 in the colleges league. She is also a member of the national senior team..needs a break !
If the offer is still on let me know and i will send you contact info. If you want more info tallman could provide the stats i am sure

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 09:27:46 PM »
How many players on Brazil's team playing in their domestic league?
The responsibility lies in the hands of the TD and their player development staff to put a program in place that raises the level of the local players from U-10 and up.
The National team coach has the responsibility of selecting the best players he think are capable of competiting on the international stage.
Beenie is a valuable asset to our overall development plan because he is part of the foundation of the Dutch total football movement. The player development system formulated in the Ajax Club is the model for all their age groups and national program as well.
Everyone knows that this system is world renound for producing a consistant number of top class players. After the WC, the TTFF must get Beenie to bring this to our nation.
PS: better coaches = better players = better psl = better national player pool = more local players on national team.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »
Boy can we beat a dead horse. All yuh get off Beenie back. If all yuh really want the man to stay give him a break. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride. The man prove he is a very competent driver.

When the cup done then we can decide what the next destination should be.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 06:08:59 PM »
Coop's is right on the money as usual. The best players are always going to be looking to move abroad because the home-based wages just cannot compete. Of all the UK based Trinis, Jason Norville is probably at the bottom of the earnings ladder. Barnet Football Club is not far from my garage and I have it on good authority that the average wage of Barnet players is around £450 a WEEK which is a PITTANCE by English league standards. What's the average wage for a PFL player? about TT$3,000 a MONTH? if that..

I've heard the argument that if more of our better players were to remain in Trini then the PFL would get better and bigger and attendences would rise and this in turn will lead to higher wages for the players who in turn would be more inclined not to move abroad blah blah blah

I'm sorry to say this, but the reality is that the PFL WILL NEVER be able to match the wages of even lowly Barnet FC. Not even close. T&T simply doesn't have a large enough population (read paying public) that could support the kind of wages we're talking about. A footballer's career is a short one at the best of times, and Coop's is right, it's perfectly understandable why T&T's best home-grown players will always look to go foreign if the opportunity presents itself.
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »
coops point well taken, but i think dat most of our local players don`t really want it as badly as they should, they claim that football is there love, but spend little time actually workin on there games and tryin to develop self. alot of our players are content with being 'village stars'. but always cryin dat no one giving dem a break,

on e the other side, ppl were sayin dat we should have pro players in de team, but lets face it, hypotetically (not sure if i spell dat correct)  ;D, we have players good enough for de team when they get pick so after they will be no longer pfl players, but overseas based. and then de circle come back around how i see it, we don`t have any thing in the local league to hold players, thru everyone`s dream is to play overseas, but if they`ve got things to keep em, some would stay  ;D

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »

Please  shut up!!  How many times do we see variations of this debate over and over and over again!  If the players of the local league are good enough they will get selected, period.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 12:14:24 AM »
But???

But wha, yuh could do better than he?  Allyuh is kicks yes. Jes now de moderators go start to delete these posts. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 12:22:40 AM »
well maybe we need tuh sit back and relax, watch de vibe and see how well his prep works, wit age comes wisdom and beenhakker has alot of it and alot od WC experience, however i felt that his downfall was not to play in the saudi tournament and test the us and locals, dats my only quam.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:22 AM »
Regarding the quality of the PFL, as I had contributed some time ago, it boils down to Marketing.

One the TT pro league is marketed effeciently, attendance will increase.. This will result in larger gate reciepts, and hence bigger salaries for players.. The league will gain popularity, and there are television rights to be considered...

The new relegation process is a nice touch, and once teams have good development programs in place, there is only upward movement for the league.. T&T is in for good times ahead, and rest assured Warrior Nation and sw.net are aleady putting things in place for us to do our part to aid in the strengthening of our ballers

www.thewarriornation.com
www.socawarriors.net

GO WARRIORS
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 02:49:16 AM »

maybe you'll could organize to have a half time competition and give the winner a years membership or something.....giving them the package right there.
Going dem PFL games plus any youth/womens games go be important.

Allyuh represent and enjoy the football.
Games in Mannie Ramjohn used to be good.
We need scouts to give we proper rundowns on how them fellahs at home doing.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 07:06:49 AM »
i think that for some people no coach is good enough

i wish you good luck after the world cup when beenhakker leaves

see if you will qualify for 2010....

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
and change the dam names ! to place names like every where else !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »
Plenty people here talk about why our players go abroad and play. But the fact is this is how they feed their family. Outside of Mexico, their is no league in CONCACAF that pays good $$. Even MLS the salaries are limited. I spoke with an Argentinian who played in the U20 with Requelme and that generation, he says outside of the two top clubs in Argentina, players making like $200.00 US a month. Its the same with Brazil. Our league is a young league and it has to get a solid fan base if it wishes to keep players at home. I mean in Jamaica the top teams fill up their stadia, yet in T&T the top teams have less than a 1000 people watching. I don't even know how teams paying players.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »

cali- jablo

joe- jablo

rangers- cali

jablo -w

joe w

Take ah big Blood,Sweat and Fete banner wid yuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :beermug: an big up the Nation...dat might help generate interest.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>