April 19, 2024, 08:20:40 AM

Author Topic: Dog for Falkirk ?  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dog for Falkirk ?
« on: March 23, 2006, 02:35:39 AM »
A Scottish newspaper mentions that Falkirk Manager John Hughes is keen to land Marvin Andrews when his contract runs out at Rangers in the summer . 'Yogi' sees Marvin as a possible solution to Falkirk's problems in central defence .

The Sun goes on to claim that fellow countryman Russell Latapy would play a big part in enticing him to Falkirk ... and I though Latas would retire after Germany  ???

The atricle goes on the state that Bleeder has a good chance of featuring on Saturday after impressing in the reserves .

3 Bairns at The World Cup , ah love it !

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: Dog for Falkirk ?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 05:21:11 AM »
A Scottish newspaper mentions that Falkirk Manager John Hughes is keen to land Marvin Andrews when his contract runs out at Rangers in the summer . 'Yogi' sees Marvin as a possible solution to Falkirk's problems in central defence .

The Sun goes on to claim that fellow countryman Russell Latapy would play a big part in enticing him to Falkirk ... and I though Latas would retire after Germany   ???

The atricle goes on the state that Bleeder has a good chance of featuring on Saturday after impressing in the reserves .

he said he would be retiring from International after WC
but he will still be in Falkirk as a player/coach

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 05:58:53 AM »

The Sun goes on to claim that fellow countryman Russell Latapy would play a big part in enticing him to Falkirk ... and I though Latas would retire after Germany   ???

he said he would be retiring from International after WC
but he will still be in Falkirk as a player/coach

Doesn't Marvin have another year on his contract because an automatic year extension to the current contract that was extended because of a clause relating to the number of first team appearances.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:17 AM »
wasnt dog one of de players that was gonna get axe from rangers? going to falkirk would be a good move. i hope they give him playing time. talk is cheap.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 10:12:13 AM »
I feel the Le Gun might see Dog as excess to his pans when he starts bringing in his own players.  Dog have heart, but that is not enough foe a center back in the modern game.  He needs to work on being able to distribute from out of the back, and generally being more composed on the ball. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »
falkirk should get sancho instead  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »

Doesn't Marvin have another year on his contract because an automatic year extension to the current contract that was extended because of a clause relating to the number of first team appearances.

I think u are correct jayerson, but if he isnt getting to play then it doesnt make any sense if he activates that clause!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 12:03:08 PM »
Personally I don't like when we have more than one player at a club because when it is time for international games, the more players the club has to release, the bigger a problem it is for the club.
One T&T player per European club is ideal.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
Would be a massive step down for Dog. I thought Hibs were interested. That would be a much better move.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
Dog going to the EPL...all the big sides need defenders. Whenever things look grtim for the man, his faith in God is make it even better in the end
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 01:34:43 PM »
Dog going to the EPL...all the big sides need defenders. Whenever things look grtim for the man, his faith in God is make it even better in the end

Boumsong looked like a star at Rangers. Nowadays in the EPL his name is mud. I think EPL is a step too far for Dog, there is a massive gulf between the top divisions in Scotland and England.

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 02:13:34 PM »
Personally I don't like when we have more than one player at a club because when it is time for international games, the more players the club has to release, the bigger a problem it is for the club.
One T&T player per European club is ideal.

Good Talk Peong...respect

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »
i still seeing him in d epl

maybe not a classy club but rather a club dats wants a big man to just get it out at allll costs

dat is wat dog will give day in and day out
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 08:10:34 AM »
Boumsong looked like a star at Rangers. Nowadays in the EPL his name is mud. I think EPL is a step too far for Dog, there is a massive gulf between the top divisions in Scotland and England.
Boumsong was only there 6mths, looked average and looked his best next to Dog...when he first moved ppl spoke about that, how Andrews was the cheaper transfer but was performing better so it wasn;'t a big loss to Rangers, just a profit on about 4mil
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
Boumsong was only there 6mths, looked average and looked his best next to Dog...when he first moved ppl spoke about that, how Andrews was the cheaper transfer but was performing better so it wasn;'t a big loss to Rangers, just a profit on about 4mil

I think we watched different matches. Boumsong always looked far more self-assurred and reliable at Rangers than Dog ever has.

1]; } ?>