April 24, 2024, 04:10:39 PM

Author Topic: Dion La Foucade Thread  (Read 45981 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Inter Milan coaches for La Foucade camp.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 09:15:45 AM »

I agree to some extent but La Foucade cant be held responsible for football development in T&T that is the job of the TTFF ...but are they doing what you ask ??
Yeah we know the scam as observer has outlined but better a little than none at all I say.
    In no way am i saying La Foucade should be held responsible for the development of T&T Football,there are a lot of Coaching schools all over the country just like La Foucade is just that they don't have the connections or doing as well as him.I'm not here to tell anyone what they should or should not do,these are just my views from the experiences i've had.

The thing is we have to develop something that suits T&T and bringing in foreign people like this is not helping us in the long run.We have nationals both local and foreign with the same knowledge and experience that these guys have,why can't we have these same Camps all over the country.If we can pool our best Coaches in the country pay them and run these same Camps at different times during the year,it will be better for the future of Football in T&T.

I can call a number of names that used too or presently run Camps in the US,Lincoln,Alvin,Anton,Chinapoo,Deleon,Cooper,Walkes,Nakhid,Colin Rocke etc these are people that people respect and kids look up too, just to name a few,there is a big market for Camps in the US,the same can be done here,instead of bringing in foreigners why not bring in foreign locals.

LaFoucade Camp/Coaching school is sanctioned by the TTFF else he would not be able to do the things he does,so the association has a responsibility there.I like what LaFoucade is doing but we have to understand he alone can't do it,the ideas that he has should be implemented nationwide,we have a lot of people at home with the experience to do it.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 02:59:36 PM »
Their are few men like Dion who are as commited to the development of the T&T youths.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
Coops: I agree with you. Soccer camp is a business first, although there may be a genuine interest in player development and passing on our knowledge to the youths.
I survived throughout my collegiate years by coaching at camps every summer and still do today.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 08:06:01 PM »
Coops: I agree with you. Soccer camp is a business first, although there may be a genuine interest in player development and passing on our knowledge to the youths.
I survived throughout my collegiate years by coaching at camps every summer and still do today.

Hoss i cud personally tell u he losin  more dan he makin wit dis
you know how much it costs to bring dem down an jus one aspect of the cost

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 07:17:37 AM »

Hoss i cud personally tell u he losin  more dan he makin wit dis
you know how much it costs to bring dem down an jus one aspect of the cost
      This is a very good point because kids in the US pay anything from $600.00 to $800.00 US to attend a Residential Soccer Camp,put that in T&T dollars and you will get an idea of what i'm talking about.
       My spin on these Coaches is that they are being offered an opportunity to come to T&T for a week,tickets,meals and housing,it's more or less a vacation for them and do some coaching in return.I know a lot of Coaches if offered a package like this would come home and work with our kids,it's a break from their busy schedule out here.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 03:14:20 PM »
Coops-: True dat! I'm not sure what the camp market/profitability is like in Trini, but at $350. TT per camper that's small change. Men does make that in ah 1 hour invividual training session here. Either the coaches from Milan coming on a vacation or La F.. have some other sponsors to off set their expences. However, if this works for him in Trini well good for him.
One camper last summer told me that the Milan camp he went to was pure rubbish; their vibes was weak compared to the experience he had just had .
At the NSCAA Convention in Philly Chelsea reps were also looking for an opportunity to do the same thing. Their marketing ploy is for the camp to be a scouting ID camp ???   

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 06:54:39 PM »
This is why i said if we have to run Camps in T&T it has to suit T&T,nobody paying any kind of money to attend a Camp,if it's subsidized by the TTFF or the Government fine,when Lincoln newly got the Directors job he did some Camps and they were well attended(no one had to pay),it's the mentality we have at home(freebee).

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »
(freebee... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:)
Nuff man down in T&T posting negative vibes about the US soccer, but the US made a significant investment in player development...and in all their sports.
The Olympic Training Center in Colorado is unbelievable...you can't help but improve as an athlete when you spend all your time there working with top coaches/instructors.
It has already been said many times in other posts as well; if we want our football to improve in a consistant manner...the government and TTFF HAVE TO INVEST IN A NATIONAL TRAINING CENTER/ACADEMY.
No national team at any age group should have to train in the savannah!
You mean to tell me that they can't get one of the Oil Companies to invest in this type of facility?
I'm tired with all the TALKING BIG but thinking small mentality >:(

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »

I'm tired with all the TALKING BIG but thinking small mentality >:(
       I agree with you here because it has always been this way,a lot of talk but when time comes for action there is no back up.I don't have a problem with what they are doing in T&T Football,what i have a problem with is how they are going about doing it,we don't have any long term plans (programs,tournaments,leagues,teams etc).
        Having said that i think our present Technical Director have identified these problems and trying to put a proper structure in place,be patient it may take some time.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »
Coops: well said. I agree that the present TD will do the right things to address the needs of T&T football. Patience is one of my best attributes as I've been waiting patiently since 1985 for the heads of the TTFF to be discarded and we start afresh. New blood; new minds ; new vision for T&T football.  Ah waitin!!! 8) :-X

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2006, 06:32:46 PM »
Coops: well said. I agree that the present TD will do the right things to address the needs of T&T football. Patience is one of my best attributes as I've been waiting patiently since 1985 for the heads of the TTFF to be discarded and we start afresh. New blood; new minds ; new vision for T&T football.  Ah waitin!!! 8) :-X
    Breds i hear you,is not you alone waiting it's all of us.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
English coach instructor connects with La Foucade School.
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 03:10:57 PM »
English coach instructor connects with La Foucade School.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

English coaching instructor Stuart Hall is currently in this country to work on the development of local coaches through an alignment with the Dion La Foucade Coaching School.
Hall, who conducts coaching courses with the English FA, arrived in this country last week and is here for a month and while being here as part of the La Foucade set up, discussions have already been held for him to work in conjunction with the TTFF but plans are still to be finalized. He will also meet with coaches from the Pro League as well as other clubs in local football.
La Foucade explained the reasoning for bringing Hall who first came to T&T a couple seasons ago by Stern John to conduct coaching in the Stern John Skills Award program. Hall was at the time working with the Birmingham City Academy as assistant director.
“We felt it was appropriate for him to return and work on bigger scale with us and when I put the idea to him he was more than willing to come. At first he will be here for a month and then he will go back and return for maybe a three-month period. He will work with my coaches at the school and then also be available to other local coaches. We have held discussions with the other bodies in local football for him to get involved as well. He first came here with the Stern John Skills award program and then returned a second time to work with coaches in the Secondary Schools League and after we met up I felt it would be wise to bring him back,” La Foucade said.
“I have made him available to the TTFF too and he has been in contact with Lincoln Phillips and discussions have been ongoing to have him work with the parties involved there,” he added.
Hall was keen to get down to business locally but hinted that he would follow the guidelines of those at the helm.
“It was a delight to work here before and now on this occasion I am hoping to work more with the coaches in the various areas from team and player development with the coaches to psychological preparation of players,” Hall said. “But at the same time we are trying to make sure everything is ironed out. While I’m here working with Dion, if there is any association with the TTFF I also want to make sure that we have the same goals and understanding and obviously no one wants to be stepping on anybody’s shoes.”
Hall was also excited over Dwight Yorke’s move to Sunderland, revealing that he was coming off an “A” license course with Roy Keane which he conducted with the former Manchester United captain and new Sunderland manager. Hall also held a motivational session with the T&T Women’s team on the eve of their 7-0 win over Dominican Republic on Sunday.
“There is a lot of talent here my involvement is really to try and help coaches who want to be developed and pass on my experiences and things I might know about the game that is happening out there that may not be too known in these parts. I work on freelance basis with the English FA conducting license coaching courses and now that Trinidad and Tobago went to the World Cup and did very well, there a lot of doors which would have opened and will continue to,” Hall ended.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaka Hislop for La Foucade camp.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2006, 03:31:12 AM »
Shaka Hislop for La Foucade camp.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

National goalkeeper Shaka Hislop will be among several football personalities featured at the La Foucade Soccer Clinic's International Christmas Soccer Camp next week at St Anthony's College, Westmoorings, ground.
Hislop, who also stands between the uprights for US club FC Dallas, will be among a host of local and international coaches and football personalities on hand for the week of activities.
The camp, which takes place between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. over the five days, caters for a maximum of 250 participants, boys and girls between 6-18 years.
Other personalities expected for the camp include US women's player Tiffany Roberts, and "Reggae Boy" Tyrone Marshall (LA Galaxy), along with former national players Clint Marcelle, Peter Lewis, and national women's coach Marlon Charles.
Registration for the camp takes place at Stephenson's branches at West Mall and Long Circular Mall. Registration closes today.
Sponsors for the camp include Econo Car Rentals, Cascadia Hotel, Seven Seas, CPPP 1993 Ltd and Genethics Sports Balm Ltd. Anyone seeking further information can call Dion La Foucade at 637-0743, or 680-0900.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shaka Hislop for La Foucade camp.
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2006, 03:13:41 PM »
can anyone let me know what the cost of attending the camp is?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
SHAKA FOR LA FOUCADE CLINIC
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 04:22:29 PM »
The La Foucade soccer clinic will conduct a international christmas soccer camp at st anthonys college west moorings from 11th to 15th dec.the camp is catering for 250 participants boys and girls, from 9 am to 4 pm  fee $ 425.00.the camp will have local and international coaches.t&t, fc dallas keeper shaka hislop, jamaicaand la galaxy player tyrone marshall,us women team player tiffany robertsalso involved are former national players clint marcell , peter lewis,national women team coach marlon charles and many others . all players will recieve certificate , medals, tshirts and prizes for outstanding performance . u can read more about this on t&t news day.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Gilly6860

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Dion La Foucade Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »
Hello
I am in need of some help from anyone on site who has a contact e-mail address for Dion La Foucade. I worked in the USA with Dion in the late nineties at Hartwick College and would like to make contact with him. I am from England and I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with this. Or if anyone who has regular contact with Dion would pass on my e-mail address which is Gilly6860@aol.com. Thank you. Gilly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 03:16:22 PM by Tallman »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Dion La Foucade
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 10:13:29 AM »
Get in contact with the Boss - Flex. He should be able to help....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
La Foucade Clinic gets British American boost.
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »
La Foucade Clinic gets British American boost.
By: Mark Pouchet (Express).
[/size]

British American Insurance have pumped $130,000 in sponsorship into the La Foucade Soccer Clinic.
And the official name will now be the British American La Foucade Soccer Clinic. The sponsorship arrangement, to run from September 2007 until August 2008, will include payment of coaches, the purchase of equipment and the staging of the annual Christmas and Easter camps.
The sponsorship also includes British American's humanitarian initiative, Cradle, which focuses on assisting the less fortunate in society.
La Foucade and his Cradle Coaching Caravan are expected to conduct monthly soccer clinics in underprivileged communities as well as hold special sessions at various Homes for Children countrywide.
President of British American Insurance Ramchand Ramnarine said the support will also include development of a website, development of either a monthly, quarterly or annual magazine, insurance coverage for all kids and coaching staff of the school and financial support towards tours and tournaments.
Ramnarine added that there will also be advertising support "which will allow the Clinic to feature in the newspapers any kid who excels during the course of the year."
At his turn at the microphone, head coach Dion La Foucade said his clinic instils the values of teamwork, respect, hard work, dedication and commitment.
"I believe that even though a kid may not make it as a professional soccer player then he/she must at least make it as a person in the game of life, which certainly does not last just 90 minutes."
There was a reciprocal presentation between national under-17 footballer Sean Da Silva, an-ex member of the clinic, and La Foucade. La Foucade gave the youngster a plaque, while Da Silva presented La Foucade with the framed number 8 shirt he wore at the FIFA Under 17 World Cup, in South Korea, recently.

Gratitude: Head coach of the British American La Foucade Soccer Clinic, Dion La Foucade, right, is presented with a framed national team shirt by Trinidad and Tobago under-17 player Sean Da Silva, an ex-member of the Clinic. The occasion was the announcement of a $130,000 sponsorship by British American Insurance, at the Chancellor Hotel, St Ann's, yesterday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
La Foucade attends Chelsea, Liverpool for coaching stints.
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 07:43:16 AM »
La Foucade attends Chelsea, Liverpool for coaching stints.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Local coach Dion La Foucade will return from Europe next week following a ten-day training stint with English Premiership clubs Liverpool and Chelsea and Dutch club Ajax Amsterdam.
LA Foucade, who runs the British American LA Foucade Coaching clinic, was invited by Liverpool’s Pre-Academy manager Ian Brunskill to attend the club’s set up.
“We will have Mr Dion La Foucade to again visit Liverpool FC Academy to observe and actively partake in our training sessions from 2nd – 6th December,” Brunskill stated in a letter.
“I feel that this will be a fantastic experience for Mr La Foucade along with the rest of his trip to Chelsea FC Academy and Ajax Youth Department in Amsterdam. The knowledge he will gain will be of huge benefits to himself, the children of Trinidad & Tobago, and the youths of the world whom he positively impacts during his many travels.”
La Foucade is buzzing in light of the training trips.
“I think my visit to these clubs could go a long way in my development as a coach. I will not only be visiting the training sessions but I would also have the opportunities to exchange ideas and learn from the best there is to offer out there,” La Foucade told TTFF Media.
La Foucade was grateful for the ongoing support of the British American Insurance Company and the Dutch Embassy. Brunskill will also be in Trinidad from December 17-21 for the Christmas Coaching clinic for kids.

International football Christmas Camp. 17th – 21st December 9-4pm.

Open to  boys and girls ages 6 - 18yrs
Visiting coach from Liverpool football academy. (Iain Brunskill)
Register at Stephenson’s West Mall Cost $325
For Contact Info; Micheal Amoroso at 786 9794
Signed shirts by Steven Gerrard to be won. Plus lots of Liverpool give
aways. Venue: St Joseph Convent grounds, Federation Park.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:54:51 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: La Foucade attends Chelsea, Liverpool for coaching stints.
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »
yes LaFou.....keep it going.....when the TTFF finally open an Acamedy ( 2020) you will be Director
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »
or he go be the senior team coachin we to we 4th wc in a row and ensuring we maintain we top 10 fifa rank
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 12:39:58 PM »
 Good...More coaches have to get themselves involved in such things

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »
Really....really...really impressive.  Much respect to LaFoucade for the professional strides he's making.  This will surely be of benefit to not only him personally, but to tnt football on the whole.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »
Which players (past or present) has LaFoucade coached on the National teams?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »

coudnt be many..if any, past players as La Foucade isnt that old

I think that midfielder youte Da Silva started off at his camp....any body on the senior team? I doubt it
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »
Poor La Foucade, he drop Jack Warner son from a national U-17 team many years ago,and he never SNIFF annodder national side after that.

And you know they had the gall to fire him and bring back Warner son on the side. ;D ::)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »
Poor La Foucade, he drop Jack Warner son from a national U-17 team many years ago,and he never SNIFF annodder national side after that.

And you know they had the gall to fire him and bring back Warner son on the side. ;D ::)

VB

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No doubt Jack have some big cohones

Yuh almost hadda admire the man nerve oui

Good to hear another local taking initiative
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »

LaFoucade was the assistant coach to Mike Grayson for the U-17 qualifiers for Egypt 97.... The team back then included players such as Cornell Glen, Scott Sealy, Derek King, Kerwyn Jack (what happen to dis man?), Kester Cornwall, Isa Arazi etc...

Josh Johnson and Kerry Baptiste also trained with this team at some point...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
I worded my question wrong. Who has he coached that went on to the big times?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
La Foucade takes over as Rangers coach.
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »
La Foucade takes over as Rangers coach.
By: Randy Bando(ttproleague).

Former Trinidad and Tobago player Dion La Foucade, founder of the La Foucade FC Academy has been acquired by St Ann’s Rangers to head their coaching staff beginning with the 2008 season.
“We have always wanted La Foucade with us. We wanted him since last season but after better talks this season we were able to join in agreement,” said St Ann’s Rangers owner Richard Fakoory speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ on La Foucade, the man he expects to bring change to the St Anns based club following a poor runoff form in 2007.
Last season Rangers finished in a disappointing eight position with 32 points, that’s 30 points behind winners San Juan Jabloteh. Their best run at any knockout competition came early in the season, making it to the final of the Courts Pro Bowl competition which they lost on penalties to W Connection.
Rangers’ 2007 misery began in August after losing their instrumental captain Errol Mc Farlane to an Iranian club on loan, then their marquee midfielder Kerwyn Jemmot who suffered a couple injuries before being axed by the club in August for breach of contract.
According the Fakoory, last season’s Anthony Streete may remain with Rangers as an assistant to new Head Coach La Foucade.

Rangers merge with La Foucade Academy

Not only will Coach Dion La Foucade join the St Ann’s Rangers. Fakoory was pleased to announce the new partnership with the La Foucade FC Academy.
“Both the La Foucade Academy and Rangers have been suffering by bigger clubs in recent years,” said Fakoory. “We have lost players to these clubs, so we hope that with this merge we can be stronger.”
“With this we can have a better academy here at Rangers,” added the St Ann’s Rangers owner. “We hope to attract more youths to our club, so that in the future all of our senior players can come from our farm (youth) teams.”
Fakoory also highlighted that this season; many of their 2007 Reserve League players are going to be promoted to the senior team. He went on to add that this season his club will focus on youth and predicts a very youthful senior squad for the upcoming season which begins on April 8. St Ann’s Rangers will have screening sessions this Saturday and Sunday at the President’s Ground from 1pm on both days for their senior team.

Note:

During pre-season Rangers announced a merge with the La Foucade Acadamy and that Dion La Foucade will take over from Streete as head coach. But just before the start of the 2008 season, a split occurred between La Foucade and Rangers, seeing Anthony Streete back in his formal position as head coach of the club.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 04:59:08 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>