April 26, 2024, 12:23:49 AM

Author Topic: Dion La Foucade Thread  (Read 46029 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: La Foucade takes over as Rangers coach
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »
One question,when did LaFoucade play for T&T,was it Youth/Senior team?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »

Never did as far as I know

Offline mcaw

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2008, 02:18:02 PM »
y does it matter though ???

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2008, 02:23:26 PM »

Never did as far as I know
        I know this guy personally,from what i know he has never played Football at any level in T&T but has about the most qualifications as a Coach,owns a Coaching school,coached college,national team,not sure about club Football,my guess is these are the standards/hands our young Footballers are in today and in the end we ask what JW doing,i'll always wish him the best in his new venture because if is one thing he has ambition and continues to try any things.    

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »
So rangers has done what politicians have tried and failed to do ...get westmoorings and St anns poor to link up  :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2008, 02:28:06 PM »
      It matters because these guys are being portrayed as the best we have and operating on false papers,imagine this thing in the news papers,you know how much people reading this and believeing it?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: La Foucade takes over as Rangers coach.
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
It matter cuz is poor and lazy journalism.. which we shouldn't stand for ever  >:(

But I glad LaFoucade getting a chance to coach club football at de highest level in TNT...

Lets see if he can translate his "book sense" and qualifications into results...

easier said than done, but he should be well equipped!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »
I only hope he eh de "error free football" guru in disguise.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »
I'm excited about this development. We know Dion is good at technical development. It will interesting to see his tactical management. He is a decent motivator too, which is always useful.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2008, 12:17:39 PM »
Is it necessary for a student of the game of football to have the experience of playing the game at a high level and/or follow courses by particular coaching schools of thought, and to ttranslate his/her  goals to a subsatantial degree of successes at the local level in T&T ?

Does a good Scientific teacher, translate into a good scientist?

I don't think so. Yet though football is not really a science, In my experience and studies, I have met and read of a couple of successful coaches,( one a priest) who had very little football playing experience, but a lot of youth and people skills, and they were able to  successfully lead their charges to Championships. I have also read of and met, a few ex-high level players (International even), with highest degree of certification who achieved little coaching success, sometimes due to not always their own fault, but factors of organization goals, and players desire etc..it just didn't work out...Thus I find it presumptious and difficult to judge in advance, whether a constant student like La Foucade would or would not be successful, and would therefore give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud and support his efforts in taking this next step of responsability in his career....Good Luck Mr La Foucade, T&T football could only benefit from your grass root patriotic efforts. Cause I'm sure you coulda get a foreign stint too.

Offline archie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »
Is it necessary for a student of the game of football to have the experience of playing the game at a high level and/or follow courses by particular coaching schools of thought, and to ttranslate his/her  goals to a subsatantial degree of successes at the local level in T&T ?

I don't think so. Yet though football is not really a science, In my experience and studies, I have met and read of a couple of successful coaches,( one a priest) who had very little football playing experience, but a lot of youth and people skills, and they were able to  successfully lead their charges to Championships. I have also read of and met, a few ex-high level players (International even), with highest degree of certification who achieved little coaching success, sometimes due to not always their own fault, but factors of organization goals, and players desire etc..it just didn't work out...Thus I find it presumptious and difficult to judge in advance, whether a constant student like La Foucade would or would not be successful, and would therefore give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud and support his efforts in taking this next step of responsability in his career....Good Luck Mr La Foucade, T&T football could only benefit from your grass root patriotic efforts. Cause I'm sure you coulda get a foreign stint too.
Is it necessary for a student of the game of football to have the experience of playing the game at a high level and/or follow courses by particular coaching schools of thought, and to ttranslate his/her goals to a subsatantial degree of successes at the local level in T&T ?

I don't think so. Yet though football is not really a science, In my experience and studies, I have met and read of a couple of successful coaches,( one a priest) who had very little football playing experience, but a lot of youth and people skills, and they were able to successfully lead their charges to Championships. I have also read of and met, a few ex-high level players (International even), with highest degree of certification who achieved little coaching success, sometimes due to not always their own fault, but factors of organization goals, and players desire etc..it just didn't work out...Thus I find it presumptious and difficult to judge in advance, whether a constant student like La Foucade would or would not be successful, and would therefore give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud and support his efforts in taking this next step of responsability in his career....Good Luck Mr La Foucade, T&T football could only benefit from your grass root patriotic efforts. Cause I'm sure you coulda get a foreign stint too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »
I only hope he eh de "error free football" guru in disguise.

:applause: Understood.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »
I know this guy personally,from what i know he has never played Football at any level in T&T but has about the most qualifications as a Coach,owns a Coaching school,coached college,national team,not sure about club Football,my guess is these are the standards/hands our young Footballers are in today and in the end we ask what JW doing,i'll always wish him the best in his new venture because if is one thing he has ambition and continues to try any things. 

Same speed, Coop's you should know attaining top notch coaching credentials can't be done willy nilly (ah eh know wha de man have as his level buh ah know yuh cyah get certain licenses and certificates blind so) ... ah cyah see how your comment gels with having any confidence in the licensure or certification process.

It matters because these guys are being portrayed as the best we have and operating on false papers,imagine this thing in the news papers,you know how much people reading this and believeing it?

Somebody spread de knowledge nah ... how dat go?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:09:20 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Yes, La Foucade has my vote......
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2008, 08:04:22 AM »
First of all I think the owner of Superstar Rangers is a proven businessman and this is both a technical move from a coaching and business perspective.

Coaching because La Foucade is a proven and highly respected youth coach for many, many years, and a business move because La Foucade's academy is linked as a "farm-academy" to a giant Italian Football Club, .....think about it.... great business sense indeed.

If people do not understand that great footballers do not always make good coaches, well it must be that such people are drawing their conclusion from a limited cadre of sporting experience on the whole because for every Fabio Capello there are many total failures. Conversely, Bruce Arena - The US's most successful National Coach started off playing and coaching La Crosse.

Sometimes we must stretch ourselves so that we can grow, if La Foucade is not up to scratch for this job well his results or lack-there-of, will determine the length of his tenure. However, this challenge can only further develop this talented coach and some young players in the process; not to mention possibly open doors for a few talented player.

My two cents.....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2008, 08:47:25 AM »
NF I totally concur and I am surprised that this was not brought up b4 as well.

Bertille took an U 19 team to the WC and TT to its only semis at the GC and he was no great player.

I think the Norway coach in the 90s was a  second Div. footballer from England.

Some Indian fella took NE Stars to the FA and League title in TT. He's a Guayanese and never even played for the national team.

What no one has bothered to mention is that La Foucade has been out in the cold ever since he had the temrity to drop Jack Warner's son from National U-16 practice some years ago.

Some men have the best of Certificates and Coach shitty. Some men never made it to the highest level and Coach well.

Good luck to La F. Hopefully he will have some good material to work with.

Because it look like some men ready to pounce on him.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2008, 10:29:32 AM »
This is a good opportunity for la Foucade.

If he is able to coach rangers to a title or something he would be inline for a national coaching position.

His coaching school has some props now he can do it at the highest level it would be good for him.
he has a strong network around him and it would bring some new blood and ideas into the local football.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2008, 04:41:10 PM »
Playing at a high level is not a necessary ingredient to be a good coach. But creditability is.
If you are discovered to be  a fraud by your players, you will lose their respect and if that happens. Yuh lorse yuh team..
If it is inaccurate, I doubt that it was LaFoucade's doing. The newspapers down here are really sloppy and just figure that if a man coaching a team then he have to have played for the national team.
It will be interesting to see how he deals with the step up from children to men.
Good luck to him.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
Dombasil, ah hear u was a decent coach and u was never a big player. I used to roll ball through yuh leg all de time in de savannah.  ;D ;D Good luck Dion, went to school with yuh and ah confident yuh will do the job well.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »
Who is you? Very few men roll ball through my legs padnah. Very few indeed.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2008, 04:31:14 PM »
U and yuh pardnah Chinky. Training hard, hard, then going to drink rum in St. James
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2008, 07:06:24 PM »
D rum was only to sap we knee. Nothing else. Ah swear.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »
GAME OVER    .....details soon
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2008, 02:09:37 PM »
it really is amazing to read all de doubts people have about la foucade...some ah dem same men did embrace Wim without a blink of an eye. when I asked about carrington being named a national youth coach , hardly anyone critisisized the decision.... and that was a national team.
Now la foucade is just named to coach a team in the pro league and is more fight down than you could imagine.
I have seen pro football here and abroad. I have seen and even been involved in youth football in T&T. I have coached at the national level ....... I have seen most of the big name coaches in action ... I challenge anyone to talk football with them then talk to la foucade !
Some big name coaches still doing the same things they did more than 20 years ago. Is de same savannah mentality. " I coaching 30 years now whey yuh tellin me bout football " we doh have to scout dem dey have to scout we "
I am sure if anyone was to have a short conversation with many of our local coaches they could add to that rediculous list of statements.
La Foucade has never been given the break that some of them have had ..go and check how long marlon charles coaching de women's team ...check he results ...just to name one .
La Foucade has travelled the world updating himself on the new methods in football, meeting and learning from some of the big names in football, is intelligent and has been instrumental in bringing some top coaches to trinidad.
Most of our coaches are big coaches here ...nobody knows their name anywhere else and for good reason...
i could go on but have no more time ...leave de man alone. give him a chance and stop bad mouthing de man before he start !

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
Jai john i think La Foucade was head Coach of one of our National Youth teams some time ago.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »
Jai John,
               Marlon Charles has not had much success with the women's team. But the resources given to the women is a mere pittance as compared to the men's team. He just don't have the resources. Any positive results from the women's is due to the shear determination by the women themselves, their family and supporters, and Marlon ability to get the most out of the "Princesses". Imagine the Olympic did not practice for a long time and still went to P. Rico and qualify for the play-ofs. Them girls determined. If they had 1/4 of the money the US get to travel and play practice games, they will be much better.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2008, 03:53:29 PM »
Jai john i think La Foucade was head Coach of one of our National Youth teams some time ago.

yes coop and was dismissed because he did not pick Warner's son or something of the sort he stated
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
Back in 2002 he was in charge of de U-17 team, but he didn't get much of a chance because dey run him after a couple of months, and replace him wit Ron La Forest. Alvin Corneal said that La Foucade was too inexperienced for the job, but many people felt it was because La Foucade dropped Jack's son, Jamaal, from de team. After La Foucade was fired, Jack's son was put back on de team de next day.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »
Acutally TM, dey wasn't dat bold.

Theyt brought back five of the "dropped" palyers, which (not surprisingly) included Jack's son.

In the end, young Warner make the team  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 04:18:22 AM »
Back in 2002 he was in charge of de U-17 team, but he didn't get much of a chance because dey run him after a couple of months, and replace him wit Ron La Forest. Alvin Corneal said that La Foucade was too inexperienced for the job, but many people felt it was because La Foucade dropped Jack's son, Jamaal, from de team. After La Foucade was fired, Jack's son was put back on de team de next day.

It was Jack grandson (Jamaal Warner).... not son...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>